The Last Spade

By Amy_0704

Sometimes wars are with yourself. With the good and bad in you. It is you who decide and let either of them t... More

PROLOGUE
1 : STRANGE
2 : Not Again.
3 : Mixed Feelings
5 : Mystries
6 : Mort
7 : Action
8. Identity Crisis!
9. Fall in place!

4 : Unfold

199 13 5
By Amy_0704

For strange reasons, when the entire world could sleep, I could hardly find it even for few hours. I stayed in my room itself on the floor resting my back to the cupboard. The two girls were peacefully sleeping on the bed. It was almost six in the morning and I knew mom would be up any time now. I moved slowly to the bed to wake Vivian up, slow so that I did not disturb Riva.

"We should leave, sun is on his way. " I whispered into her ears. She turned straight still her eyes closed. Even while sleeping Vivian had that smile on. I smiled looking at her face and stood back. I did not know how to wake her up.

I moved to the window which was by her side and slowly opened it to let in the sun rays fall on her already glowing skin. She cringed her face and I chuckled looking at her. She tried covering her face, but finally gave in and got up.

Her eyes, half closed yet, hair messed than regular she sat with the cringe still on her face. I went to her side and snapped my fingers to wake her.

"Oh! I should be leaving now. " she stood up on the bed rubbing her eyes. Due to the fluffiness of the bed and because of her history of being clumsy, she tripped and like always I had to catch her in my arms. The moment she fell in arms, she had that silly smile on her face and started staring me in awe.

I landed her on the floor and without making eye contact, I gave her jacket and opened the window for her to get down the way she had come. As we were about to move, Vivian bent to kiss Riva on her cheeks. Riva was in deep sleep and was totally unaware of what had happened. I was glad she was unaware.

I pushed Vivian towards the window and pointed her to get down. She wiggled her tongue out and stepped out of the room. Carefully she landed down and I followed her. I asked her to stay by the road end and took my car till there. Her grand parents stayed a few streets away from us and I dropped her at the beginning of a road where she said she stayed. On dropping her, not even waiting for a moment, I drove back without waving her a bye as well.

Viv's POV :

"Such a meanie!" I told myself as I saw him move swift.

"How could he not turn back and wave at me while leaving?" I questioned myself and moved home.

I entered the simple and small Ross' Villa, well I had named it that looking at how beautifully it was maintained. The small brown wooden gates led to a garden and a pavement in between that led to the door of the grey house. The lush green in the garden had few shrubs planted and many flowering plants. My favourite of the lot were the white lilies and the yellow tulips. The best part of the garden were the colourful butterflies. I could spend all day long chasing them.

I entered the house hearing the wind chime tingle.

"Where had my angel been all day long?" A stern voice came from the sofa opposite to me. A sweet man, in his early sixties reading the news paper. I went to him and hugged him from behind and gave a kiss on his cheek. It was my grand father who had fought with my mom to get me to here stay with them. I meant the world to him.

"I slept over at a friend's place . we had been for a movie last night and it was too late for me to come back home. So I had to stay there. I am sorry I couldn't inform you pops." I had to lie to him.

"That's alright Viv. Keep me informed. Other wise my better half will take the remaining life out of me. " he winked at that. My grand father whom I affectionately called pops, was the most romantic person I had ever seen.

I chuckled and went to my room to freshen up. I had college to attend. Damein was true, I happily invited problems. Getting into two tiffs in a single day was a great deal of honour to me. I laughed at my self and mocked my head. As I was getting ready, granny shouted for breakfast.

Finishing the pancakes she had prepared I went back to the room for some final touch up. I felt light and happy from inside.

As I stared into the mirror, the silence was broken by the car honk.

"Vivi" I heard my bestie shout. We both had plans of travelling together. I pulled my sling and moved out of the house.

"Such a bright day!" Christine exclaimed. I gave her a smile and she turned it down by rolling her eyes.

"Can't you ever be on time?" She questioned. I smacked her head and opened the door and sat in.

"If we are done with the show, can we move Miss bright day?" I yelled sitting inside. She laughed and came in. Christine and I were childhood friends. When ever I used to travel to my grand parents, we both hanged out and other wise we always stayed in touch through the obvious ways. Now that I had shifted here permanently, she was the most happiest person. Christine was more talkative than I was and more an extrovert than I was. She never saw the place the moment, she could just start with her , well crap. We both usually made sense to the world. Our jokes were laughed upon only by us, our topics of discussions varied from guys to gloss. The only pass time we had was to shop and eat. Got gifted we both were, though we had an edgevfor eating, we were unlike the plumpy girls of the school. Christine always had a toll on them. But we knew our limits. I always stopped her from going off board. 

"Should I tell her about yesterday or do I hold back?" I murmmered with in myself.

"Viv you said something?" She intrigued.

Before I could even answer, "okay leave that, what happened? You got the chance to meet that weird guy?"

"Stop it Chris, he is not weird." I cringed my face.

"Oh, already taking his side! Hmmm!" She laughed. I hit her with my sling bag. She turned on the music and we sang our way to school.

We entered the school and walked towards the locker room carefully. I did not want any raucous today. I did not want to be tagged by the meanie as clumsy. As I moved I could hear few girls talk about the incident that happened yesterday. I paid less attention and went straight to class.

Miss Catherine, who taught history came to the class. She wanted to start the syllabus and her first chapter was Romanian dynasty. I found these interesting but something else caught my focus.

Yesterday when we were stuck with the rogues of the college, meanie was no where in the picture. He made it there don't know how. His powerfull punch that sent Mathew to the doctor was not normal. A similar scene happened later in the evening. He was there in a jiff for the rescue. People in college said he rarely mingled with the lot, and he was weird. I felt a strange thing about him. Something fishy definitely.

I was biting the end of my pen when I realised Chris knock on my desk.

"Where are you lost?" She whispered. I nodded my head in return and turned towards the board. A few weird characters were written on the board. They felt very familiar and my pea sized brain was bursting now. It had a lot to think about.

"Wait" I exclaimed. The entire class fell silent and stared at me.

"What?" Chris whispered.

"Any problem Miss Ross?" Miss Catherine questioned. I realised my stupidity and apologised and the class presumed.

Those letters that I saw on his walls were of this language. The old Romanian dynasty used it to for communication. Wait, how did he know the older version of the language? Did he learn it or..

I held my head and rested it on the desk. Meanie and his mysteries. The bell rang and students moved out. Chris had to meet someone. So I decided to stay back. I had a view of the lawn outside. I sat there and stared. At a distance I could see a man in black with his hat on. The vision was not clear. I could hardly make out anything. With his dressing he definitely did seem alien to this place. I shrugged my shoulders and took out my phone for some music. Listening to the song Dairy of Jane I saw outside and found the man missing. I ignored that and looked else where. I could see a black thing move with a speed of a fire bolt. Out of no where, I could see it advance towards the window I was sitting. As it moved closer I could see it was that man with the hat. I kept my bag this side and slid away from the window out of fear.

He stopped at the window. His burning green eyes half covered by the black hat.

"You have a reason for your existence. You don't realise it now. Your name is famous in that world. He needs you to come back to us. We have something which is not finished. We need him to accomplish it. You are the only one who can get him to us. " the strange man whispered and left the same way he came.

I was gasping at the event that happened just now. Totally sweating, I had heard everything he said carefully. Nothing made sense, that was a different story, but there was something which was not right. I could not sit there even for a while. I had see some one , tell this to some one. Except Damein no one came into my mind. I did not know where to find him. I moved out of the class.

I came out at the lawn and eye caught by the strange man's movement. I ran everywhere to find him. Damein was sitting with his friend on the basket ball court. I stood in front of him panting.

"Isn't she the girl who.." I heard his friend talk. I cut him in between.

"Yes its me, but that's not important Mr.." I trailed at the end as his name was not known.

"Roger" he said.

"Pleasure. Now if you could leave us for a while." I demanded. He was shocked at my question and left with out asking.

"Thank you." I said as he moved. I turned towards the meanie. My eyes narrowed at him.

He seemed least interested and raised his brow in question.

I had forgotten the reason I came to see him. O wondered for a while.

"Yes, I had to talk to you." I stood with my hands folded.

"Well, I don't see the need. I shall leave. " he picked his bag and started to move.

"Meanie." I shouted and he stood. "I need to tell you about those patterns on your wall. Then, there is yet another very important thing I had to share. Could you please listen?" I requested.

"Do I have a choice?" He asked politely.

I sat by his side and told there entire scene about what had happened a few minutes back. He started to contemplate on that.

"I have read about such swift moving, scary creatures. Rather super naturals. But why me? I hardly know people in the human world, how am I famous in their world?" I asked him and rested my head on my lap.

"How did you decide he was a super natural? Dint come to conclusion. I had to listen according to you. So I did. Now let me go. I don't know anything about this." He spoke un interested.

"Fine. Leave. I won't force you." I got up and moved from the place before he could.

After walking few steps ahead, I turned back

"Those letters belong to the old Romanian dynasty. " I shouted and moved ahead.

He stood there with out knowing what to do. I moved out so trying to figure out what that green eyed fellow had spoken.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Vote and comment, if you like. Happy reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246 5 15
Two reputations to hold up. Two separate duties to carry out. Two souls, somehow entwined under the Moon Goddess. ~~~ A king and a queen discover t...
331K 27.1K 43
The fallout of war can be deadly.
876 88 57
-Are you afraid of me? -No...you? -Not at all. -Good.
342 12 34
A war between Vampires, humans dragons, and werewolves began. No one knew about them until a few weeks ago when everything started. It was a fantasy...