Love at First Letter ✔️

By megaannicolee

Hazel Tate has spent the last three years of her life avoiding all things military. After the unfortunate dea... More

Love at First Letter
Love at First Letter - 1
Love at First Letter - 2
Love at First Letter - 3
Love at First Letter - 4
Love at First Letter - 5
Love at First Letter - 6
Love at First Letter - 7
Love at First Letter - 8
Love at First Letter - 9
Love at First Letter - 11
Love at First Letter - 12
Love at First Letter - 13
Love at First Letter - 14
Love at First Letter - 15
Love at First Letter - 16
Love at First Letter - 17
Love at First Letter - 18
Love at First Letter - 19
Love at First Letter - 20
Love at First Letter - 21
Love at First Letter - 22
Love at First Letter - 23
Love at First Letter - 24
Love at First Letter - 25
Love at First Letter - 26
Love at First Letter - 27
Love at First Letter - 28
Love at First Letter - 29
Love at First Letter - 30
Love at First Letter - 31
Love at First Letter - 32
Love at First Letter - 33
Love at First Love - 34
Love at First Letter - 35
Love at First Letter - Epilogue
Update
One Million Reads

Love at First Letter - 10

49.9K 1.4K 117
By megaannicolee

So I've just finished marathoning the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I absolutely loved them, I just finished the last one last night at like 2 in the morning. And I'm currently suffering from a book hangover. I want to start something new, but physically can't because all I keep thinking about is Rose and Lissa and Dmitri and poor Adrian. I won't go into any details incase you're reading them.

But if you have read them, you'll know what I'm talking about and even if you're currently reading them, I think you know too.

But anyway, I have at least twenty books on my bookshelf that I am planning on reading and I was going to start Rebel Belle today, but instead I decided that I would just write today. Today is a day for writing.

So without further-a-do, here is chapter ten!

Love at First Letter

Chapter Ten

"You want to leave again?" Sarah paced in front of me while I sat in her office. Her heels clicked against the tile floor. She took three steps, pivoted, and took three more steps. Her hands were placed on her hips and she looked everything but happy. She was stressed, her perfect bun was falling apart from the occasional hand she ran through her hair.

"Only for a week, maybe even less than that."

"I don't know Hazel, you already disappeared on us for three weeks, we have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in." Sarah had stopped her pacing. She took the clip from out of her hair and redid her bun, before taking a seat in her chair behind her desk.

"Please, my cousin just woke up. She doesn't know what is going on, she doesn't remember anything. My uncle just got home from across seas fighting and I don't know how long he's going to be up there. I'll take my work with me, I'll set aside room for me to do it. I will do anything." I was aware at this point that I was full on begging for her to let me go see my family. I didn't know what her response was going to be when I got here. I knew she wasn't going to be happy, and I knew that in most cases I wouldn't have to get her permission. But with already disappearing for a few weeks earlier, and not getting any work done, I knew that she wouldn't be happy with me if I just up and left again. She was sort of my boss, and I wasn't going to just leave again without even asking her.

Sarah's eyes moved from me to her computer screen and down onto her desk where she had a large calendar with everything she needed written down.

"Okay, you can go." I was happy but I knew that there was more to it than that. I could see the look in her eyes, there was going to be a but. "But, I want you to spend as much time as you can writing. I'm serious Hazel, you need to have a least four or five chapters done by the time you get back. We need to get moving."

"I will have them done. I promise."

My two best friends were waiting outside Sarah's office. They both stood from their spots on the ground when I came out, waiting for what I was going to say. "Would you mind watching my dogs again?"

"You know we live with you, so they're kind of our dogs too." Cara said.

I laughed, "Just please take good care of them. I should only be gone a week."

"You're dogs will be fine. We promise." Joanna said to me, looping her arm through mine and dragging me through the halls until we were outside the building. "Now we have an appointment we have to get to."

"An appointment?" I looked curiously at my friends who turned me the opposite way the car was, instead we continued down the street until we came to a stop at a nail salon.

Joanna and Cara had made and appointment for all of us to get our nails done. It wasn't really something I liked to do, considering when I was stressed I tend to bite my fingernails. So when they were short, like they were now, it wasn't real fun to go to a salon where you know the chinese speaking ladies were talking about how short and ugly your fingers were.

But I suffered through it for my friends, who obviously love doing this. We kept up a steady conversation, moving from what we wanted to do with our nails, to ignoring their annoying questions about Brett, to their even more annoying questions about Logan Parker. Who, by the way, had called Sarah personally to say he looked forward to meeting me and would like to set up a meeting before the tour to just get a rough plot down on paper. And I couldn't be more excited.

"What do you think you're going to write about?" Joanna asked me, her eyes flickering from her nails to me and back to her nails. She was picky about how they did them and even though this is the place both Joanna and Cara have been coming for years, she was still a little worried they would do something wrong.

"I'm hoping something supernatural or fantasy like. I've always wanted to write it but didn't know where to start or even what to write about."

"Well if there is anyone to open the door to the supernatural for you it would be Logan Parker." Cara said to me. "He's like a writing god when it comes to that stuff." Just like me Joanna and Cara both loved the series when I introduced them to it. It was that series that got Cara into reading, although she definitely doesn't like it as much as Joanna or me.

"There's got to be another reason he wants to write with me. I mean come on I've only had one book published, whereas he's had like twenty. Who in their right mind wants to write with someone who has only written a debut novel?"

"Why do you keep putting yourself down like that. Anyone who's read you're novel knows you have great potential for more novels in the future. I'm sure even the Logan Parker can see that." Joanna says.

"Yeah, maybe you're right."

It didn't take much longer for all of us to be done and heading home. I let my dogs out when we arrived home and immediately filled their bowls with both water and food. I went to my office and took a seat at my desk. Brett's letter was sitting open by my computer, but I didn't know what to say, which was a first.

There were always questions to answer and questions to ask, which mostly kept up our conversation. But he hadn't had time to ask me any, so where do I go from here?

But the some part of me kept repeating that part where he said he wanted to meet me, face to face. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. We had been sending letters back and forth for a couple weeks now, and I knew that sooner of later this might come up. But I expected it to be a little later. I didn't know what to say.

Of course I wanted to meet him, that was a given. I would love to be able to put a face to the name and be able to actually talk to him without waiting for a couple days for a letter. But it still had butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

Brett Tinsley,

I am glad to hear that you are okay. My uncle is finally coming home, I'm not sure for how long, but he did say it was due to medical leave. So I just hope he is okay. I am going to see him in a few days, so by the time you get this I will probably already be seeing him.

Although, my book agent, Sarah is pretty pissed about the whole thing. But she's just stressed about having a three month deadline to get everything done, and I'm only a quarter of the way done with my new book. And on top of that Logan Parker wants to write with me. Do you know who he is? Please tell me you know who he is. He's like my favorite author, besides the obvious like J.K. Rowling.

I would like it if we could meet in person. It would be nice to meet face to face and be able to finally put a face to the name. So when you're home, if you're ever in South Carolina let me know. If you're going to be home anywhere after three months from now, I am going on tour. I believe one of the places is in Atlanta. Just to let you know.

Just so you know, I'm completely laughing at your superhero power. Of course you would say inhumane strength. Isn't that what all soldiers want, it would probably make some things a lot easier. Just punch the wall and it all comes crashing down, or better yet just throw cars at everyone. That would be pretty cool.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Hazel Tate

*****

Sorry, I know this one is only about 1500 words, I try to make it to at least 2,000 but right now I'm just focusing on getting a lot of updates done. Epesically with my other books that I haven't updated in a while.

This is planning on being a longer story that most. I've been trying to plan it out and I think we might make it to at least 40 chapters. It's never been done before on my account, I usually don't make it that far because I feel like I'm just dragging it on. But this story is different.

I think I'm going to need those extra chapters to fully tell her story.

So let me know what you thought about this chapter!

Next chapter you get to meet the one, the only LOGAN PARKER! So let me know how you think he's going to turn out. Cute and charming or self-centered and annoying?

Comment & Vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 24.2K 32
Princess Lilyanne Blythe sneaks out to a party and has a one night stand. Assuming that was in the past, that one night stand stranger ends up living...
12.3K 367 34
Why does love always seem to breed where it is forbidden? That is a question Benedict must ask himself, as he finds himself developing feelings for...
2.5M 142K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
141K 6.5K 16
To: 226-3091 From: Daisy Ashes Who is this? To: Daisy Ashes From: 226-3091 Let's just say I'm a secret admirer! :) Highest ranking #53 in short story...