Spinning the bottle

By Astronouk

Harper already had the fairy tale: she turned the playboy into her sweet boyfriend, she had the perfect grade... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eightteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two

Chapter eleven

2K 48 24
By Astronouk

Monday morning, I suddenly loved Monday mornings. I had stayed up 'till late to plan our date into detail. It just had to be perfect.

I could not wait for school to be over. Excitement filled my body and butterflies fluttered through my stomach if I only thought about Mia or our date.

It was strange how different things were in comparison with a week ago. Nora was no longer on the ICU, Mia finally talked to me and even confessed that she had some feelings for me. The part I was most proud of, was that I said what I wanted.

And now Mia and I were actually going on a date. If you would have told me this would happen a couple of months ago, I would have laughed at you. I could have never imagined that this is how things would turn out.

I am happy it did turn out this way.

Before our date, I had some other things too take care of. The dance was not far away from now and there was still so much I had to fix. The rest of the committee sucked, so I had to do most of the work.

I planned a meeting for the committee during our lunch break, so we could talk to the principal about everything.

I walked to the principal's office and somehow I felt nervous. Usually, you only go there if you're in trouble, not to talk about a party.

Of course, I was the first one to show up and the rest of the group was late. The principal and I started talking about the things we still had to manage. I had to find the perfect decoration, we had to design posters and tickets and much more.

After ten minutes into the meeting, some others finally decided to show their faces and help me organise this thing. It wasn't like I had nothing to do in my free time and that I absolutely loved doing all the work. I signed up for helping with the decoration, not for planning the entire party.

"Harper, are you done with picking the decoration?" Thomas, one of the members of the committee, asked.

"If you had been here on time," the principal started, "you would have known that Harper is working on it, just like she is working on all the other stuff that should have been done by you guys."

Damn, I knew our principal was great but I never expected him to put Thomas in his place like this.

The only thing Thomas could do was mumble "yeah sorry".

The rest of the meeting went by pretty smoothly. We made a division of the tasks. I had to take care of the decorations, Thomas was in charge of designing the posters and tickets and Lilly, another girl, had to stay in touch with the DJ about the music so the music would fit the theme.

Last year the DJ decided to play some weird rap music, while the theme was Winter Wonderland. I really didn't want that to happen again.

I wanted those cheesy christmas songs like 'Last Christmas' to be played. And some slow dance songs.

Maybe this year I will be slow dancing with Mia.

Thinking of Mia brought new butterflies into my stomach. I was so into her, there was no way of denying that.

To be fair, the chances that Mia wanted to dance with me were low. She was so afraid people would find out that she was (also?) into girls, she would probably never dance with me in public.

I was still a bit confused about Mia. Not about my feelings for her, which were pretty obvious, but about her sexuality. Was she into girls and boys, only into girls, or was I just an exception?

You know what, it wasn't my place to question her sexuality and it didn't even matter. What mattered is that she has some kind of romantic feelings for me and that's all I needed right now.

I walked into the classroom, for the last lesson of the day.: English The teacher had decided that we wouldn't have any more time in class to work on our project, so instead he gave us another assignment we had to make in pairs.

This time however, he made the duo's, so I was stuck with Thomas, my dear dear friend from the party committee.

He clearly didn't have any motivation to do something, which I was getting used to. I couldn't blame him, though. It wasn't like I was really focused.

The date was getting closer and closer and I started to feel very nervous. What if Mia didn't like what I had planned for us? What if she decided that she wasn't that into me after all?

Breathing got harder. It felt like my lungs didn't accept the oxygen I was giving them by breathing.

Was it me, or was it getting very very hot in here?

I started to get dizzy. I walked up to the teacher and asked him if I could go outside to get some air.

While walking out the classroom, I passed Mia.

"Are you okay?" she whispered.

"Not really," was all I could answer.

I walked down the stairs, to the entrance of the school. I had to get some fresh air or I would pass out.

There was a bench outside of the school entrance. I sat down and I started focusing on my breath.
I was born asthmatic and sometimes in stressful situations I had to deal with hyperventilation.

At least I had the perfect pick up line for Mia; she literally took my breath away.

I was lucky that I knew how to handle these situations. At first I always get a bit freaked out, but then I know what to do to snap out of the cycle of hyperventilating.

I felt a hand on my back.

"Hey,"

I hadn't noticed that Mia had come after me.

"I just wanted to check in on you and make sure you were okay," she said.

I smiled and started blushing.

"I am now," I answered.

Mia chuckled.

"So, what happened? Did you start to hyperventilate again?" Mia asked.

"Well, I thought about our date and you literally took my breath away."

Wow, okay that sounded way better in my head than when I said it out loud.

But it worked, because Mia blushed like crazy.

The redness on her cute cheeks disappeared and she got serious.

"You only have this when you're really stressed. Why are you stressing so much about this?"

I didn't want to tell her about all the bad thoughts that had crossed my mind. However, I knew I had to be honest with her. We were trying to rebuild something and we had to start trusting each other again.

"I thought about that you might not like what I had planned and then I started panicking and thought you might not wanted to go on a date with me after all and -"

Before I could continue with my rattling, Mia quickly pressed her lips against mine.

"Will you please stop thinking that I don't want to go out with you anymore? Even if you have the most awful date planned, which I highly doubt, I'd still have fun. Because I'd be with you."

Even though that sentence sounded like she stole it from the most cheesy romantic movie that existed, all of my worries disappeared.

Maybe it had something to do with that kiss.

"Don't get used to this though! You still have to impress me on that date, before you get another kiss!"

"Damnit," I chuckled, "I could have definitely get used to you interrupting me like that,"

We both started laughing.

"I know you could, but you will have to wait," Mia said playfully.

"Okay okay," I said, "Let's go back to class."

Luckily for me, class was already almost over the moment we walked back into the room.

A few minutes later, class was over.

"I'll pick you up in an hour at your house. Is that okay?" I asked Mia.

"Could you pick me up a few blocks from my house? Just in case, you know," she answered.

"Yeah sure, I understand."

I went home and got ready for our date. I had told Mia not to dress up too formal, because things could get a bit dirty.

And not in a weird, sexual way, of course.

I put on a casual dress, put some make-up on and after 40 minutes I went to the florist.

"How can I help you, young lady?" The florist asked me.

"I want to buy some roses for my date," I answered.

"Awh how sweet. Who is the lucky man?" He asked.

"She doesn't really want people to know about us, sorry."

The florist got really awkward really quick, but I walked out of the store with a beautiful bouquet.

I took my bike and went to the place where Mia and I agreed to meet.

Mia had a beautiful pantsuit on. She looked absolutely stunning.

"Didn't I tell you not to look too nice?"

She blushed.

"You look amazing, Mia," I said and I handed her the roses.

"Thank you. You do too, Harp."

We stood there, staring at each other for a while.

"Okay, we have to go now," I said.

"Where are we going?" Mia asked.

"You'll see when we get there."

Mia sighed, I chuckled.

After we rode our bike for a few minutes, we arrived at our destination.

"Where are we?"

"Just walk with me."

I took Mia's hand and dragged her with me inside.

When we walked inside, Mia looked around. A lot of children were sitting in what looked like a living room. She gave me a questioning look.

"This is a LGBTQ shelter. Children who got kicked out of her houses because their not straight or cis, can live here," I said.

The questioning look hadn't left her face yet, so I continued explaining why we were there.

"Those kids have nothing and live here for free. So they need volunteers to help take care of the kids or cook dinner for example. And that's exactly what we're going to do: we're making spaghetti for all of the children who are here tonight."

Mia had an enormous smile on her face.

"You Harper, you're the kindest person I have ever met. I'm so glad you took me here. I didn't even know this place existed."

"You like it?" I asked hesitant.

"Yes I do!

Mia and I walked into the kitchen where we were greeted by two older men.

"Are you two Mia and Harper?" One of the men asked.

"Yes we are, I'm Harper and this is Mia," I said, pointing towards Mia.

"Thank you so much for helping us out tonight, it really means a lot!"

"It's an honor to be able to help," Mia said.

"Okay that's enough chit chat, let's go do some cooking!" I said enthusiastically.

__________________

Sorry guys for waiting so long to write this chapter. I had a lot on my plate the last few weeks.

Anyways, I planned to write the entire date in this chapter, but the part before the date got a bit longer. So don't worry, this won't be all you'll read about their date.

What did you think about this chapter? What about the hyperventilation of Harper? Did you like the idea of their date?

Let me know!

I love you guys!! Thanks again for waiting for this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 494 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
538K 6.3K 45
She stared at me intensely, I hold her hand firmly against mine. I leaned over her, pressing my lips softly against her. I pulled her even more close...
112K 2.3K 25
A Secret Affair Short Novel : : : : "Are both of your hearts beating, Mia?" I couldn't remember having two hearts. "Wha-" My body was being forced a...
564K 14.3K 64
Highest rankings: Ex-boyfriend: #1 (6th Feb 2020) Follow my instagram for any updates and if you wanna ask me anything- @nikki_k123 Mia Stewart is de...