Hawks

By Blunpkin

*If I edit a past chapter, it's only for fixing a grammatical error. The story will not change.* This story i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
*Chapter 18*
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
*Chapter 21*
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 7

899 28 20
By Blunpkin

"HAWKS!" I yelled. My hands clutched onto his suit.

We were free falling down the building. He laughed before bringing us to a stop. When he landed I immediately got out of his arms out of self consciousness. "I told you not to carry me!"

"You never said not to carry you. You just told me you felt bad for me for having to carry you."

"Alright fine, just don't do it again," I sighed.

"I don't understand why you're so insecure. You're as light as a feather." He smiled as a feather lightly brushed against my cheek.

"I just...never mind. Thank you for everything tonight."

"Keep talking like that and I'll have to keep free falling you off balconies to prove it," he grinned.

"Don't you dare," I laughed.

When we reached the apartment building I sighed. "Thanks for walking me back. You can come in if you want. I understand though that you probably want to go home and rest."

He perked up and opened the door for me. "Let's watch a movie."

"Well that was quick. Also, why didn't you go back to the party?" I asked as we headed to my apartment room.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Eh, it's wasn't really my thing."

"I saw Avery there, she already had too much to drink by the time I arrived."

"Do you drink kid?"

"Did you forget I'm 18?" I chuckled.

"Oh, right."

I opened the door to my apartment and he looked down. "Oh a box."

Labeled on the top showed it was from Rinoden. The box was light to pick up and was medium sized. Cutting open the box, the contaminant consisted of a mask and a letter.

"Interesting, a smoke mask," I muttered. "I'll read the letter later. Go pick out another movie."

"Hmmm. Maybe another horror movie," he smirked. I gave him a dragged look and he put his hands up. "I'm kidding kid. Don't look at me like that."

I chuckled. "I'm going to go get changed. How much was the dress? I can pay you back."

"It's a gift. Curtesy of your favorite Hawk."

"Yeah yeah okay. Thank you I really appreciate it."

When I was walking to the bathroom, I felt his golden eyes locked onto me. I changed into grey sweatpants and an oversized blue shirt. As I was getting ready for bed, I heard Hawks from outside the door. "Hey kid, do you have any extra blankets and pillows?"

"Um, yeah. They should be in the closet to the right of the bed." Maybe he just needs a blanket?

My eyes widened as soon as I exited the bathroom. "Wow, your really are a bird." Blankets and pillows were placed randomly on my bed. Almost like a nest.

He gave me a nervous look as he stood next to the bed. His eyes gave off an expression asking, "do you like it?"

I walked up and jumped into a pile of pillows and giggled. "Cozy nest you made." The side of my face nestled against a blanket as I glanced at Hawks. His cheeks were a light red.

"I-uh...picked out this movie."

Luckily it wasn't a horror movie. Besides I'm pretty tired, so most likely I'll fall asleep. Hawks put in the dvd and started the movie.

Before he clicked play I let out a silent yawn. "You're already tired?" he asked.

"No," I lied.

He turned the tv off and turned towards me. His eyes stayed towards the ground though. "You're a bad liar. I should get going."

"But-"

"Goodnight Skai." Without another word he exited through the balcony door and flew off.

What did I do? No, I didn't do anything. Was it the kiss? Did he realize that...I'm not worth it. A tear slipped down my cheek. I won't cry over this. I already told myself before this to not get my hopes up. Hawks is known to be a flirt. It's a shame that I fell for it. Either way, once he found out my hero name, he would've left me. Not many people agree with my past works, even if I did have no control of it.

My body turned to its side and I wrapped my arms and legs around a blanket. Closing my eyes, I tried to forget about everything that happened tonight. The next morning, my phone had notifications of future mission details. Nothing from Hawks.

It looks like I won't have a break for a while. My eyes fixated on the blank wall. For once I felt a good change in my life, but now it's gone. Shaking my head, I got up and made breakfast. This is what I get for having hope.

After eating I made my way to the tea shop. On the way my eyes caught glimpse of a few heroes on patrols. Each one smiling and waving to citizens on the street. My eyes dropped to the ground. I wish I could've had more control of my life.

"Found you," I heard from behind me.

"Bano?"

"Ding ding ding," he bubbled as he came up beside me. "Last night was a blast wasn't it?"

"It was alright."

"Where are you heading?"

"To get tea."

"I'll come with you. Since we are coworkers and all," he grinned.

"Fine by me."

We chatted on the way to the tea shop. A loud commotion caught our attention. I sighed, "We should probably check it out."

We pushed past people who were running away. I beat him to it using my quirk. An explosion went off causing me to be pushed back. My body was caught and hands wrapped around my waist. "What're you doing kid?"

Hawks pulled me close and his eyes focused on the man who caused the explosion. His wings enclosed around me, blocking me from any debree. I've never seen him look so serious. "Damn it, answer me kid. You could've gotten hurt."

Three other heroes arrived and quickly apprehended the man who caused the ruckus. My eyes strayed to the ground. Gently releasing myself from his touch, I muttered. "Sorry for bothering you again."

His voice went soft, "Hey, wait-"

I turned to walked away but he gently grabbed my wrist. Looking back, his eyes expressed concern. Bano chuckled, "Wow Skai. Didn't know you had fans."

Hawks head turned to look at Bano. "Is this your friend?" he asked me.

I rolled my eyes towards Bano. "He's a coworker. Also Volvo, Hawks isn't a fan."

Bano gave off an annoyed expression when I exposed his hero name. Only Hawks could hear, but he still gets annoyed when I say it. Hawks laughed, "Ah, the number two ranked in Rinoden. How many people did you have to slaughter to get to that spot?"

"Hawks!" I gasped.

"What? It's just the truth. Unjustified murders. Especially what happened two years ago with your current number one ranked hero. Beam."

My heart dropped. Bano began to laugh, "You really don't know anything, do you? Anyways Skai, lets go get tea."

Hawks wings puffed up slightly when he heard this. He looked like he was trying to hold something back. His eyes widened when I snatched my wrist out of his grasp. Using my quirk I vanished from both of their sights. I can't handle Bano right now. I want to go back to my apartment.

Before I reached my apartment building I heard Hawks approaching from above. "Heyooo," he said as he landed next to me.

"Hey bird brain."

His expression looked blue. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"That's what I was going to ask you," he retorted. Without warning he took me and flew to my balcony.

"I told you not to do that," I muttered.

He ignored my comment, "Whats upsetting you kid?"

I sighed, I might as well tell him. "The way you just left last night. It made me feel like I did something wrong to upset you. But...today I realized today it's probably for the best. I work for Rinoden and I understand if you're uncomfortable associating with me."

"I shouldn't have said what I did earlier, and for that I'm sorry," he said sincerely. His wings slightly dropped to the ground.

He totally ignored my topic about last night. That's fine, I just want one more answer. I looked him right in the eyes. It was silent until I spoke up. "I have issues when I let my hopes up. Can you do me a favor and tell me you don't like me, so I can just get it out of my head."

"What?" he asked confused.

"Just say it. I work for Rinoden, so you have no reason to anyway. It's my brain that's making me get my hopes up. Don't worry, once you tell me I'll get over it immediately. I just need reassurance."

"I don't get it," he said under his breath. He approached me before he continued. "You're so self conscious. Why shouldn't you have hope?"

"Can you just tell me please." I want to get it over with. Hope leads to the greatest disappointments.

"I would, if it was true. I don't care who you work for. You drive me crazy kid. Making me overthink every time you let go off me. From not hugging me back, to letting my hand go at the party. Every time I thought you were tired of me."

I turned my head to avoid his eye contact. My heart began to race. "Damn it Hawks, how could I get tired of you? Every time I'm with you everything is so much better. Last night you just...left. There's so many better people out there. If you even have the slightest feelings for me, you could find someone that can make you happy." Suspense filled the air as I went on. "I-I...don't believe you." I'm not going to avoid him anymore. I fixated on his eyes and spoke sternly. "If what you say is true. Then prove it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.4K 24
{completed} "... 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖 𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ" you'...
48.2K 1K 31
Y/n has taken the place as the number 3 hero in all ofJapan. At the billboard charts she meets number 2 pro hero Hawks and she has caught his attenti...
54.9K 1.8K 38
*Completed* ~ "You're late, bird." "Y-yeah, I got distracted." "With what?" "Hero stuff- you know, you gotta keep up appearances!" ~ Kenji Takahashi...
2M 88.8K 179
1ST PLACE IN 2020 BNHA AWARDS FOR BOTH BEST CHARACTERXOC STORY & BEST NARRATION. Cover picture of Ari and Keigo drawn by @_special_donut_fp "This is...