𝒔𝒌𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ━━ 𝘳. 𝘢𝘯𝘥�...

By illydreamer

˚.°•*⁀➷ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 #.🖤ʾ💉🌧️ -˙, ࿐ ❪ 𝚁𝙰𝚂𝙼𝚄𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝙽 ❫ ❝ 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗄𝗇𝖾𝗌... More

𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄
o. ❪ soundtrack ❫
o. ❪ graphics ❫
ACT ONE ▬▬▬ skyline
ׂׂૢ. the rain
i. six years
ii. the last of us
iii. keep calm
iv. stay together
v. avoid the city
vi. agony
vii. after hours
viii. trust no one
ix. liar, lair
x. have faith
xi. breakthrough
xii. sacrifices
xiv. good things never last
xv. melancholia
xvi. everybody knows
xvii. radio silence

xiii. genesis

1.2K 54 10
By illydreamer

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ genesis

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ This is only the beginning. ❞

BIRDS CHIRPED WELCOMING THE NEW DAY. The sun shined through the trees near the cabin Martin lead them to. Everyone was still sleeping except for Martin and Patrick, who sat near a hill conversing. But what no one noticed was a certain curly-headed girl missing from the corner of the room.

As soon as she saw Martin and Patrick leave, she quickly but quietly left her sheets. Kai made sure no one knew that she was gone. She didn't want anyone following her, especially her best friend.

She walked down a trail aimlessly, nearing a lake far from the cabin.

Ever since she found out about her gift (even though she called it more of a curse), she subconsciously was scared to use it.

When she was almost sacrificed at the cult's mansion, she nearly exposed herself. She feared of losing control and becoming the thing she feared most—a monster.

Kai felt weird being there as if she didn't know what she was doing. But the truth was she didn't.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. If she wanted to learn to control it, she had to start somewhere.

Kai took a quick look around her, making sure that no one was around. She took off her jacket (more like Rasmus's jacket), shaking her hands.

She took another breath, closing her eyes.

She focused on the environment around her—the trees flowing in the morning breeze. The birds chirping became more clear. The pitter-patter of water dripping from flower's morning dew. The sound of a squirrel jumping branch before scurrying down a tree. She felt its energy flowing.

She finally opened her eyes, them already being a familiar dark color. She glanced at her reflection in the water before looking on the shore. Stones were scattered amongst the shore giving her an idea.

She held out her arm, focusing on one. At first, nothing happened, frustrating the girl. But after a few moments, it started to shake, slowly rising in the air. The girl smiled at her little accomplishment before shifting to the lake in front of her. She tried to make the pebble skip on the water. Unfortunately, as soon as she got to the second skip, it sunk.

She frowned a little, lifting another stone smoother and faster than the last time. She flicked her wrist, the stone skipping a few more times before sinking. She tried a few more, trying two at the same time. It was a little harder, but she managed to do it.

A full fledge smile graced her face.

She turned around, seeing no one was there. Her smile faltered. She had no one to share this with. She didn't know when or if she would tell anyone. It felt... lonely.

There was no way that she had always been like this.

Her headaches trying to strain her brain and remember something, if anything, about her childhood. It was blurry and physically hurt her.

After all these years, she never really tried to look into her past. But now she couldn't ignore it anymore. She needed to know. She had to find the answers. She had to find her father.

She shook her head, trying to focus again. Her eyes caught sight of the long log that her jacket laid on.

She focused on lifting it, finding it obviously heavier than the measly stones. She held out her hand, feeling the pressure on her brain and a little on her arms. She took deep breathes, the log still not lifting. She held out her other hand now, giving it all her might.

Her breath quickened as the log floated in the air. She flicked both of her hands towards another tree, the log splitting in half.

The girl put both hands on her knees, feeling exhausted. She didn't know that it could take so much energy. She giggled, pumping her fist in the air and jumping a little. She was proud of what little she could do.

This was only the beginning.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kai's POV

"There in sector 5 now, " Martin told Simone as they sat at a table nearby. They had been talking for a while about where we were going and all that jazz.

I zoned in and out, thinking back to my morning "training session," as I call it.

What am I a superhero? Nah, superheroes don't exist. I look up at my hand as I was lying down. Do they?

"What are you thinking about," I hear someone say. I look away from my hand, seeing the curly-headed blonde pull up a chair next to the window seat where I was lying on.

"Nothing of importance," I say before thinking for a moment.

"I might tell you later," I smirk.

"Either way, I'm going to find out," her glares playfully.

"I doubt that."

"Are you doubting...," he says, pausing and nears my face.

"my intimidation skills," he says.

I felt my pulse quicken, but I didn't back down.

"Oh, buzz off you golden retriever," I say, pushing his head slightly.

He chuckles at me as I try to act mad. I hate to admit it, but I let a smirk slip through.

"Ok. Ok," he says, gazing at me. A coy smile stayed on his face making me bite the inside of my cheek from nerves.

"I have an idea," he says, not breaking eye contact.

"What?" I say, keeping my smile.

"I have an idea, listen," he said, pulling me closer into a hug to make it seem like we were not talking. He started to whisper in my ear.

My soul had felt like it left my body. His body heat warms me as I freak out in my mind.

"Has your wound healed up all the way."

I shrugged before realizing he couldn't see it.

"I don't know, let me check," I whispered.

I pulled back, lifting my shirt and peeling back the bandage as quietly as I could. What I saw baffled me, to say the least. I waved Ras to move closer to the other side of my body, away from Martin and Simone's view. His eyes widen as he frowns a little. I gasped a little, not believing my eyes.

My wound had seemed to be gone entirely. All that was left was a minor scar.

"H-how is that possible," he said, smiling a little.

"I don't know," I said, covering it back up. I looked back up at him.

"Why did you ask?"

He put his hand in his curls, leaning forward, "You know what, I can work with this..."

"Wait what-"

"Ok. Come on. We have to leave," Martin announces as he and Simone leave their chairs and approach us.

I'm still at a loss of words as I look between Martin and Ras.

"Follow my lead," he mouths. I give him the "huh" face. He rolled his eyes before repeating himself, and I finally understood.

"Now," Martin demands, looking at us.

"But she can't," Ras says, looking between Martin and me.

"What? Why?!"

"She just told me that...she can't get up," he says, staring at me and prompting me to continue.

"You can't get up now?"

"Y-yeah," I say, cringing in my mind. What the hell is he planning, and why does it have to include me looking like an idiot? Boys...

"Why not? Listen we're all sore. Come on," he says.

"I can't get up and I'm having um," I said, looking at Ras and Simone.

"Womanly issues." After saying that, I wanted to immediately throw myself into the river. And to make it worst, I could see Ras get a bright red in the corner of my eye.

"Hey. What's going on. What's up?" Simone says, walking closer to me. I could see the concern on her face.

"I can't move at all and um I'm on my...," I said, waving my hand, letting Simone connect the dots.

"Oh," she said, realizing what I was saying.

She sighs, "You guys will have to go the bunker and get the food then we'll meet here and move on."

"Yeah, sure thing if you cut off you or Kai's hand... so we can access the bunker," Patrick says.

Simone looks away in thought. Everyone was silent.

"It was a joke."

"Ha...ha?," I say, trying to cut the tension in the room.

"Very funny. Maybe you could come up with a solution instead of a joke, " Martin says dryly.

"I could stay... with her," Ras spoke up.

Martin looks at me, narrowing his eyes, but not in a mean way. (surprisingly) He looked... skeptical.

"Fine. That's the plan," Martin says, sighing, choosing not to argue.

"If anyone comes, you have to take off, ok," Simone instructs.

I "mhm" as Martin looks at us skeptically.

They all started to pack what they needed as Ras and I watched them.

Beatrice looked at us and smiled. Did she see through all of that bullshit? Damn, she's good.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Did they leave?" I asked, looking away from the window I was gazing into. Ras had gone out to see them leave a few moments ago.

"Yeah," he said, sitting on the end of the window seat near my feet. I scrunched them up, giving him room to sit.

We stared at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter.

I tried to catch my breath after a few moments.

"So, are you going to tell me why you just made me embarrass myself and fake still being ill," I said, raising my eyebrows.

He laughed a little more.

"Ras. The strangers are after us and we are all in a panic and you decide that we need to take a day off," I whined, leaning my head.

"I just felt like it," he says, smiling.

"Now it's just the two of us," he said, leaning toward me.

I look at him, smiling with a bit of confusion on my face.

Why is he doing this?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I start to bob my head to the music playing through my phone's speakers hitting Ras's leg that was near my head from where I was lying down.

The beat drops, making me sit up, closing my eyes tight while lifting my bent arms up and down, making a fist with my hands.

As the chorus starts to play, I couldn't help but get up and start jumping and start singing.

I finally stopped my mini-concert looking at Ras. He was laughing and smiling.

"Why'd you stop? Looks like you were bringing the house down," he said, then proceeds to make crowd cheering noises.

"Thank you, thank you. But I was just catching up since I missed all of you and Simone's dance parties," I said, smirking and walking behind his back.

"Let me see, you've been drawing for like an hour now," I tried to peek.

"It's not done yet," he said, pulling it toward his chest.

"I'm pretty sure it's not that bad," I say, pulling it from his chest and moving away a little so he couldn't snatch it back.

I gazed at the paper; the drawing was of a girl. She had curly hair and wore the same outfit that I had on. She was grasping a blue turtle and smiling, showing her many dimples. I smiled.

I turned to him, gazing into his sky blue eyes. The only problem was I didn't realize how close we had become. His face was inches from mine, and I could feel his breath on my lips.

"Erm," I said, panicking internally from the situation. I put the drawing down and sighed.

I can't do this. I feel like I'm lying to him. We said that we'd tell each other everything.

I turned, crossing my legs and facing him.

"Ras," I said nervously.

"Yeah"

"Y-you said to tell each other everything. Right?" I said, fiddling with my fingers. I feel a lump in my throat.

"Yes, is there something wrong?"

"Ok, but are you sure and that you won't tell anyone. And won't think I'm a weirdo or something," I said, rambling a little.

"You're the most important person in my life besides my sister. I would never do that," he said, grabbing one of my hands.

I felt slightly better despite him holding my freaking hand. Focus, Kai, you can do this.

I sighed, taking a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

I close my eyes, trying to calm my nerves. I opened my eyes not long after looking down before up at Ras. I knew my eyes had changed, and the look on Ras's face showed it too.

I turned my body around, looking to the sketchbook. I raised my hand in the direction of the book. After a moment or two, the book rose from the ground. Pages floated in the air as if they were flying.

I averted my gaze to see Ras's face. He looked shocked for a second before chuckling.

I smiled a little before making the pages swirl around him. He laughed and looked at me as I made the pages stack and flow to the ground in a neat pile.

"So-," I said only to be attacked with a hug from Ras.

"W-wait so your not freaked out in any way, " I said, chuckling in disbelief. So he's not terrified to know I'm a freak.

"Why would I be? Y-your a fucking superhero! Do you realize that?" he said, grasping my shoulders.

"How can I be a superhero if half of the world is probably dead? Who is there to save?"

"It doesn't matter. You're a total badass with this. You can do whatever you want, " he says, smiling.

"But what if I'm scared, " I said, my voice shaking a little.

"You don't have to be because I'm going to be here with you every step of the way, " he says, grasping my hand and interloping our fingers.

I gave him a small smile before resting my head on his shoulder. He surprisingly pulls me closer, our hands still connected.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"I WISH THE RAIN WASN'T INFECTED," I said, staring out into the rain. Ras and I were sitting under a covering in the back of the cabin. The sky started earlier, and we had to take cover. I didn't mind though it's...peaceful.

"Don't we all," Ras said sarcastically, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

"What I meant was... I used to like playing in the rain... jumping in puddles.... staring up at the sky and feeling the rain on my face. It's nice," I said. Ras didn't respond, only giving me a nod. I diverted my gaze from the rain onto him. He looked as spaced out as I was. I guess he saw me looking at him and looked at me.

"What's up," he asked.

"Are you okay? You seem spaced out. I should know, I'm the queen of doing that," I chuckled.

I looked at his hands, seeing them shaking.

"Your shaking," I pointed out.

"I-it's nothing," he stuttered, pulling down his sleeves to cover his hands.

"Your cold," I said. I thought for a second about doing something that made me instantly nervous. I bit my lip, contemplating doing it. I closed my eyes, forcing myself to do it.

I took his hands, pulling them into my sleeves. The chill from his hands made contact with mine, instantly giving me a rush. I suppose it gave it to him too because he looked up at me alarmed.

"There," I said, my heart beating the faster our hands were connected.

"Better?," I asked, feeling a little weird about it.

"Perfect," he said, giving me a small smile.

I return it before looking back into the rain, feeling it's stream within me.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I closed my eyes, feeling the rhythm of the music playing through my phone. I flow my hands through the air. Objects from jackets to blankets floated in the air as I stayed in tune. I felt at peace even though this ability is dark.

I opened my eyes, seeing Ras whip his head to the window. Was he staring at me? I smiled before walking to him, grabbing his shoulders.

"You are not going to further prove that you are like me in many ways by staring out the window. We are going to get up and dance like normal people our age," I said, pulling him onto the floor.

The previous song ends, starting to play a slow song instantly making me regret pulling him here.

I stared up at his tall figure, entranced as I stared into his sky blue eyes. He did the same by staring into my hazel ones before taking me by surprise and lightly grasping my waist and taking one of my hands. I put one of my hands around his shoulder as I laid my head on his chest.

My heartbeat quicken, and my face felt on fire as we swayed to the music. No one said anything for a few seconds and just enjoys the other's warmth.

"Why did you want me here," I whispered.

"What's that," he asked as he lifted his chin that was positioned on my head.

"Why did you want me here? Alone," I asked, looking at his neck, afraid to look into his eyes.

"I wanted to talk to you...without any distractions."

"Talk to me about what?"

"Remember when I said that I wanted us to tell each other everything, right?"

"Yeah"

"Yeah, well I want to tell someone something but I don't know how," he said, his voice shaking slightly.

"Is it about something serious," I asked, unsure of what he was talking about.

"I would say it is."

"Well...then... I think you should show them if you can't muster the words. Sometimes a gesture can go a long way," I said, thinking back to my father.

He never knew how to apologize, so he would always think of gestures. Once, he had destroyed my favorite notebook on accident, so he bought me another one, embroidered with his nickname for me. He said to illustrate the world in it and show him sometimes. I still had it in my backpack and used it for all sorts of things. It's even the journal with the mysterious girl and boy in it.

"But what if I mess up and then they hate me," he said, making me look at him for the first time.

"If they cared then they'll stay," I said firmly. Is he having trouble talking to Simone? That's his sister; he should know how much she fights for him. Or is it Beatrice? Does he like her?

He furrowed his eyebrows for a second before mumbling something along the lines of "here goes nothing."

Suddenly, I feel a warmth amongst my lips for a brief moment before pulling away. I stare at his worried eyes, astonished. I felt like I wasn't in my body. Like it was a dream. Well, if it is... I pressed my lips back onto his, the sparks gracing my entire body. The world fades away as my heart flutters. I move my lips syncing with his. They were warm and soft as I had imagined. I put my hand on the back of his head, grasping his curls. Our bodies were pressed against each other like they were afraid of letting go. I thought I heard a moan come from his mouth for a split second. We pull back out of breath panting heavily. No one said anything from the lack of breath and speechlessness. I saw his cheeks flushed like a cherry.

I chuckled, slightly pushing my head into his chest.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 9.1K 65
[ #1 under #thefastandthefurious Oct.6.2018] Bree is the adopted sister of Sean Boswell, She had lived in Tokyo with thier father for most of her Hig...
25.1K 518 10
"what the hell are you doing here?" "didn't you get my voicemail?" |alexei x oc| |started 7/12/19| |finished 9/9/19|
177K 5K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1M 40K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...