My Best Friend Tadashi - Yama...

By hopelessbubble

Tadashi Yamaguchi. That was your best friend's name. You had been best friends since like forever. When you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Oneshots~
The day after you met~
The Secret Base~
The moment he fell in love~

Chapter 33

4.9K 184 525
By hopelessbubble

"You mean we get to go to a training camp in Tokyo?" Hinata shouted in excitement.

"Yeah, it's usually just a training camp for the schools in the Fukorodani Academy Group but they've allowed us to come on this one too," Takeda explained.

"Wow Tadashi it looks like you get to go on another training camp," you said as you looked up at your friend.

He smiled down at you, "yeah".

"Does that mean I get to play against Kenma again?" Hinata was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement while Kageyama looked at him unimpressed even though he was excited himself.

"But there is one thing," Takeda began, "you'll have to pass all your exams in order to go to the training camp."

Tanaka, Nishinoya, Hinata and Kageyama all went into shock.

"We have to pass exams?" they barely managed to say, it looked as if their souls had left their body's.

"Surely it can't be that bad?" Suga asked nervously.

"I've only ever gotten single digit scores will I be okay?" Hinata asked frantically.

"You've only ever what? I think this might be worse than we thought" Suga said worriedly.

"Kageyama are your grades just as bad?" you asked as he nodded.

"Tadashi, you'll be fine, won't you?" you said as you looked up at Tadashi.

"I don't need to be tutored this time, I think you should help those two instead," he replied.

Kageyama and Hinata turned to you and looked at you expectantly.

"Please help us (Y/N)!" Hinata pleaded.

"I need to go to the training camp, you have to help me," Kageyama said.

"Well I'm not that great so I don't know how much help I'll be," you laughed nervously at their enthusiasm, honoured that they wanted your help.

Yamaguchi frowned at you.

"(Y/N) you almost got 100% in your last test" he said.

"I'm good at teaching myself not others" you explained quietly as the other two first years stared at you in disbelief.

"(Y/N) I think it would be good for you to help them, you might be their last hope," Daichi told you.

"Yeah you can teach those two and I'll deal with Tanaka and Noya," Ennoshita said.

You thought for a moment.

"Okay, I'll do it" you replied finally. 

"Oh, one more thing," Takeda said as you all turned to look at him," the Nekoma team currently doesn't have any managers and the captain has suggested that (Y/N) come on the trip to act as their temporary manager."

"Me?" you asked surprised.

Takeda nodded.

"(Y/N) you will come right?" Hinata asked, "it would be so cool if you were there!"

"The captain asked? Kuroo that sly little-" you began before stopping yourself.

Yamaguchi placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Do you want to come?" he asked as you looked up at him.

"Yeah," you said with no hesitation despite not having thought about it that much.

"Yay!" Hinata cheered as he jumped into the air. Everyone else just smiled except for Tsukishima who just looked like he wanted to leave.

"I'll have to check with my dad though," you reminded them.

Time skip because idk what else to write here~

It was the next day when Kiyoko introduced the new manager. Everyone was setting up for practice when she arrived. She stood awkwardly at the door as everyone stared at her, well nearly everyone, Tanaka and Nishinoya were about to pounce on her before Daichi stopped them.

"Woah who's that?" Hinata asked loudly as the girl flinched from the sound.

She looked up at Kiyoko who nodded slightly before turning to face everyone in the gym.

"H-hello, my name is Yachi" she stammered.

"Yachi here is hopefully going to be your new manager," Kiyoko explained.

"A new manager!" Nishinoya exclaimed.

"Noya I think you're scaring her," Asashi said although he seemed to be scaring her more than him.

You popped out from behind Yamaguchi to get a better look at her. She was trembling slightly, probably nervous from all the attention, you had felt the same way when you first came here too.

Yachi met your (E/C) eyes with her brown ones and they widened slightly.

"I'm so sorry I didn't realise there was already another manager!" she panicked as she bowed to you.

"Me?" you asked quietly as she nodded her head. You smiled at her.

"Don't worry I'm not a manager here," you reassured her.

The colour seemed to drain from her face.

"I'm so sorry for assuming things!" she apologised to you as she bowed again.

"Oh, don't worry, it's fine really," you said as you tried to calm her down.

"Don't worry Yachi, I already asked (Y/N) if she wanted to be the manager but she said no" Kiyoko explained.

Yachi gave you a confused look as if to ask why.

"I guess I just couldn't deal with the commitment, or the pressure" you tried to explain, it wasn't that you didn't want to be a manager, but you preferred to hide in the shadows, and being a manager meant sitting on the bench at the side of the match where everyone could see you once Kiyoko left.

"Pressure?" Yachi asked nervously.

"Oh sorry, I don't want to put you off, I have loads of fun here, I'm sure you'll love it, but I just want to watch them play, that's it." You said as she nodded.

"Hey Yachi, do you think you're gonna be our manager?" Hinata asked enthusiastically.

"Hinata I think we should give her some time first," you told him as Yachi looked at you gratefully.

"If you have any questions, just ask me, okay?" Kiyoko said as Yachi followed her into the gym.

You quickly glanced at Tsukishima who was standing in the corner and made your way over to him while Yamaguchi looked at you confused.

"You better not put her off being the manager, okay?" you said sternly, well kind of, you weren't as good at this lecturing Tsukki as Hana was.

"Why would I do that?" he asked. 

"I don't know, you're just kind of unapproachable sometimes, I know you're actually a nice person deep down, but please just be a little nicer to Yachi, you can see how scared she was"

Tsukki looked down at you before patting you on the head.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on making any snide remarks this time" he told you. 

You breathed a sigh of relief, maybe if Yachi stayed to be the manager you could be friends with her, you smiled at the thought. Yamaguchi grinned as well as he saw your face light up.

"Come on lover boy, help us put the net up!" Suga called out to Yamaguchi.

"Sugawara, we told you it wasn't like that!" he began to panic while looking over to check if you had heard anything but you had left Tsukki to go and talk to Yachi and Kiyoko.

Suga just smiled at Yamaguchi as he rushed to help. Suga turned towards Daichi.

"They're totally in love" he whispered.

"Suga I told you not to get involved with their love life, but yeah they totally are" Daichi replied.

Suga smirked as he looked over to see the two of you stealing glances at one another from across the gym.

"We can totally set them up at the training camp" he smirked.

"Suga no!" Daichi said. 

So umm here is another chapter which I know some of you have been waiting for. So basically you aren't the manager because I want Yachi to be in this fanfic because I may or may not kin her, idk if you think I'm weird now but oh well.  Idk how often updates are gonna be because my idiot self decided to do triple science and I'm probably gonna get a lot of work from now on.

Ahahah yeah past me was right we love getting set three bits of homework for the same subject cos technically you doing chemistry, biology and physics.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 5.4K 20
The Earth sorta tilts and your brain turns to mush, as your face heats up and your heart rattles in your chest when you realize that you are in love...
487K 17.2K 36
He was only known for his friend, just a shy and quiet boy. But yet you wanted to know more about him, maybe even get closer to him. Started- Septem...
74.8K 2.5K 19
❝ π˜ͺ 𝘒𝘀𝘡𝘢𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘺 π˜₯π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘯'𝘡 𝘒𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦π˜₯ 𝘫𝘢𝘴𝘡 𝘣𝘦𝘀𝘒𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘱π˜ͺ𝘡𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘢 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘒𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘀𝘒𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘀𝘳𝘢𝘴...
717K 21.8K 29
hinata makes a groupchat and accidentally added a random number mistaken for tsukishima's. - - - unedited haikyuu half chat fic tsukishima x reader ...