EN SWAASA KAATRE

By princy_jhonny

My take on the fictional characters kathir and mullai of PANDIAN STORES, as I always want them to be outspoke... More

THIRAKKADHA KAATUKKULEY PIRAKKADHA PILLAIGAL POLEY!!
KAATRODU MOONGIL KAADU ENNA PESUDHO!!
PARANDHODUM MAANAI POLA THOLAINDHODI PONADHU ENGAL NAANAM!!
ANDHA VAANAM PAKKAM, INDHA BHOOMI SORGHAM!!
PATAAMBOOCHI , PATTAMBOOCHI VATTAM PODUM PATTAMBOOCHI!!
NENJIL YEKKAM VANDHAL, KANNIL THOOKKAM VANDHAL!!
POOVIL URANGUM SIRU PANI AAGIROM !!
MANNODU VIZHUGIRA ARUVI , ENNA SOLLUDHO!!
PULL VELIYIL , ORU VAANAVIL VIZHUNDHADHO!!
UN KANGAL MOODUM KADHAL , KADHAL , KADHAL YOSI !!!
GRATITUDE !!!
AZHAGHU ANGAE INGAE SIRIKKINDRADHU , PUDHIYA KANGAL NENJIL THIRAKKINDRADHU !!
KAI THOTTU THATTI THATTI POOVAI EZHUPPU !!
KAATRODU RAGASIYA MOZHIGAL SOLLI ANUPPU , ADA ENNA NINAIPPU !!
Apology
AIAIYO VAANAVIL ILLAI VANNA SIRAGHUGALO !!

ODIYODI AALAM VIZHUDHIL, OONJALAADUM OTRAI KILIYAE!!

1.5K 79 41
By princy_jhonny

It's 9.30 am, and Mrs . Mullai Kathirvelan still seemed to be blissfully sleeping away to glory , basking in the aftermath of an euphoric love making , tucked away in a warm quilt covering her up till her neck .

"Mummy, mummy...endiringa ! Breakfast sapdanum la..." 
Her little minion tries waking up her mother, patting gently on her cheeks.
Mullai  pulls her in close ,darting only her hands above the quilt to reach her daughter, cuddling her over the quilt , And tries to drift back to her sweet slumber

"Acho...mummy endirikka sonna enna thoonga vaikureenga..get up mummy". The little one squirms out of her hold.

"5 minutes da kutty...please..mummy ku thookama varudhu..." She tells groggily trying to act cute with her daughter as she does with her husband.

Iniyal stays mum for a while ; making Mullai believe that she is convinced.
But the next instant,  Mullai is peppered with pecks all over her face by her daughter giggling all along.

"Apdiye appava va madiri" thinks Mullai , as she is  now fully  awake,  Laughing along with her.
It's only now that she realises her daughter smells of peanut butter, chocolate and  whipped cream.

"Enna da panna?? ipdi mela lam peanut butter smell varudhu" Mullai asks concerned.

"Pch .. mummy na first adhukku dan vandhen . Innaiku ellarukkum pancakes dan breakfast. Naanum daddy um dan panrom. " Iniyal tells her all dramatic.

"Sari da..but naa vandhu pannitharen irunga 10 minutes la..."

"Illa mummy..naanum daddy um oru big bowl la batter ready pannitom. Ada anda hot plate Mela podanum. Avlodan". She speaks like a parrot making Mullai's heart swell with love.

"Oh...very good da kutty...Appa Enga kitchen la irukkara."?

"Aama... daddy dan ungala eluppittu , ungalukku enna topping venum nu kettu Vara sonnar. Peanut butter, maple syrup, cocolate, illati strawberry cream. Enna venum mummy" the little lady asks   her mother , counting putting one topping on each finger of her.

"Mummy ku chocolate. " Mullai smiles, shaking her head seeing her antics.

"Okay..paatikku plain without toppings, daddy ku peanut butter, mummy ku chocolate, Iniyal ku strawberry cream..." She tells her mother or rather to herself .

"Mummy!" She calls her mother again

"Enna da ..." Mullai asks her sweetly

"Aana maple juice paavam la..adha yaarumey sapdalaye" she tells in a low tone , feeling sorry for the syrup.Her big doe eyes cast down , eyebrows crunched and lips pouting.

Mullai hugs her again feeling overwhelmed by the innocence and love her daughter has  even for the non living things.

Is it not amazing how easily the children teach such big life lesson to us adults , just by being themselves!

"Illa da ...evening Amma oda parlor aunty varuvaanga la veetukku avangalukku koduppom sariya? Avangalukku Adhu pidikkum la" she tries cheering her up , and it works instantly, as she gives Mullai a heart warming smile.

"Okay !"

"Sari neenga poitu Appa ku help pannunga ...na 10 minutes la varen okay va."

"Sari mummy..sikiram vaanga " she tells her mum, pecks her cheeks one last time and hops out of the room.

"Paarthu po da..steps la odadhey" Mullai calls out after her daughter.

"Okay mummy" she yells back.

Mullai comes down some 20 minutes later freshly showered , in a light blue t-shirt and a grey coloured night pant that ends just below her knees.

She sees her husband , juggling with the pan and the batter trying to make perfect round pancakes. Her daughter not in the vicinity.

She tiptoes gently , not making a sound, to engulf  him from behind, her arms holding him tight by the waist and her wet hair brushing over his shoulders, making him grin.

"Paapu enga Kathir??.." she cooes.

"Road la oru yaanai pogudhu pola...Paati kooda poirukka keezha gate varaikkum." He tells her inhaling her just shampooed hair.

"Kulichala??"

"Pinna apdiye va anupuven gate varaikkum...adallam madam fresh ah dan poirukkanga....Appavum , paapa vum eppovo kulichachu . Amma dan late..lazy bum." He pokes her

"Amma ku romba tired... Adan late" . She tells hugging him a little more .

"Amma ku edhukku tired...??" He asks her in the same tone as her, his tongue in cheek.

"Adhu nethu  , Appavum ammavum  ..." She trails of, biting her lips realising his trap only then.She goes red instantly, remembering last night.

"Appavum ammavum...hmm?? Sollunga baby??" He asks , nudging her, laughing a little at her.

"Kathir...chumma iru..."she whines. Still holding onto him.

"Naa onnum sollalaye baby. Nee dan edho solla vandha.." he teases her a little more.

"Po  Kathir ...." Her arms tightening around him a little more .

"Po nu sollitu ipdi irukki pidichirukkiye baby...epdi poradhu..vittadhaney" he chaffs her again.

"Oh appa  poiduviya...kondruven unna!! ". She tells in mock anger, twisting her lips

"Cute di nee...unna naal poora vambu iluthuttu ... unna seendikittu..nee vekka padradha paarthuttey irukkalam. " He says pinching her cheek in admiration.

She pulls his face towards her and gives him a noisy kiss on his cheek.

Smooch!!

"Idhukkagavum, enna vena pannalam..." He says caressing his cheek , where her lips just touched him.

By then, he finishes making her breakfast.

"Paapu vum, Paati yum saptacha ??" She asks

"Aachu...saptu dan ponanga..nee vaa.. vandhu sapdu...already late...innaikachu breakfast sapdu.."

"Hmm...nee ootividu.. tired ah irukku.." she says and winks at him. And he goes awestruck.

"Settai di nee..vaa vandhu ukkaru ootren.." they settle on the table side by side and he starts feeding her.

"Nalla irukku baby..." She acclaims.

"La  ?? " He acknowledges, raising his invisible collars.

" Enga Kathir, yaanai ah paarka ponavangala innum kaanom?? Naa vena poitu parthutu varava" she asks worried

"Varuvaanga di...Adhu paarvaila irundhu maraira varaikkum ava paarththu dan varuva .." he says feeding her in between.

"Aama...aama..sariyana yaanai paithiyam un ponnu" Mullai rebukes

"Hahaha...en ponnu di...vera epdi iruppa..innum kunnakudi la irundhu irundha super ah irundu irukkum... Naanum en ponnum serndhu ella visheahathalayum mass panni iruppom..anga adikadi yaanaiya paarkalam...masathukku oru function.."
He talks all animated about his hometown , not forgetting to feed her in-between, while his wife observes each and every movement of her husband.

The way he becomes a kid himself when he talks about his hometown, the pride and love in his eyes when he talks about his daughter, the way he tenderly tears a piece of that pancake, to feed her and the way his fingers brush over her lips to wipe anything that is smeared over her lips, all screams of love and only love for her.....what more does she want in this world!!

But something struck within her and she stops chewing and her eyes glisten a bit.

"Hmm avlo dan...last piece..Vaya thora..oye enna di yosichitu irukka saapdama??"

Kathir brings up the last piece of pancake to her mouth. He notices that her face content with happiness has now turned all gloomy.

" Baby...enna aachu?? Mogam en ipdi vaadi poirukku?? " He asks concerned looking into her eyes, as he brings his chair near hers , as close as possible.

"Sorry Kathir..."  She says tenderly.

"Enna da aachu..yen ippa sorry lam solra" he wonders genuinely, putting a strand of hair behind her ear, and gently holding her chin, and lifts up her face to look into her eyes.

"Adhu ennala dana naama Inga Chennai la irukkom. Ennoda partnership inda clinic la irukkaradhala dana nammalala  oorruku poga mudila. Ippa kooda nee avlo aasaiya pesura oora pathi. Nee evlo miss pannuva?? Paapa kooda avalukku kedaikka vendiya love, family time ah ....ennala dan...sorry baby!!" She finishes.

"Loose ah di unakku?? Naa kooda ennavo edho nu bayandhutten...idukkulama sorry keppa". He chides her.

"Nee lam veetla ellarodum epdi irundha aalu..paapa va kooda anga ellarum evlo miss panranga..Dhanam Akka nethu solranga...iva pesuradhellam anga record panni kekkuraangalam...un office la kooda nee Inga irundhey aaganum nu onnum illa..Ellam enakkaga, ennaladana". She blames herself

"Inga paaru baby un career ku idhu avasiyam, adhunaala naama Inga irukkom. Unmaidan. Naalaikkey enakku vela vishayama abroad poganum anga 2 varusham irundhu dan aaganum na enna panradhu..naama poganum la..ennala pullaya um, unnayum vittutu lam irukka mudiyadhu. Enna pannuva Appa?"

"Naanum , paapu vum kooda varaporom. Avlodan." She says slowly understanding what he is trying to explain.

"Adhey dana di unakkum..innum oru varushamo,  rendu varushamo. Un partnership mudiju, unakku thvaiyana work experience kedaichadukku apram naama enga poga porom..namma oorukku, namma veetukku. Adhu varaikkum Inga oru kuruvi koodu madiri irukkom la ...moonu perum...indha time ah enjoy pannu di..idhu kooda evlo nalla irukku... 'extended honeymoon with a child '  madiri..." He winks at her, chuckling.

And an instant smile blooms on her face , like the sun coming out of the clouds!!

"Hmm...idhu evlo azhaga irukku paarka...!!" He admires her.

She pulls him closer, turns his face holding his chin and gives a loud smooch on his cheek

Smooch!

He leans in closer to kiss and have a taste of her lips, and  she closes her eyes to feel his lips on hers, inhaling his lemon mint perfume..

"DADDY!!!"

A loud shreik  brings them out of their trance.

"Pochu da .." he says as he stumbles in his chair.

She giggles at his disappointment.

Their daughter runs inside their home with paatima,  and jumps over her dad . He stumbles a little at the sudden impact ,but gathers himself holding her .

"Parrthu da ..." He tells his daughter.

The family spends the Saturday by having a lazy breakfast,  washing their car together, Kathir and Mullai not missing to give and receive stolen kisses, sneaky hugs, and naughty flirts in between.  Paatima makes them a fantastic Chettinadu vegetarian  lunch with Mullai's help.

They pass their afternoon by watching their favourite Harry potter , having a hell lot of fun casting the charms  playfully.

They also talk to their family through video call, catching up the happenings of the past week, telling them their plans for the week that is coming up and what not. 
The most beautiful thing about family is that we  are still regarded as children to them, no matter whether we are married or even have kids!!.

It's funny how Mullai still longs for her father to ask
"unakku varumbodhu  Macroon vangitu vaarva da??"
And her mother's "urundai kolambu senjen di innaiku...un nenaippavey irunduchu".

And they do that without fail. She  after becoming a mother herself, now understands why her mother tells her to 'watch out ' when she climbs the stairs everytime ,  given how clumsy she can get. And her father , tells Kathir to look after her ,every single time they visit her parents.

It's almost evening now , and the
father -daughter duo was playing carrom board in the hall , Paati was drying some herbs for her infamous kashayam and Mullai was on phone with her mother in the balcony.

"Paatima..."
Mullai comes to the hall and calls for Paati

"Enna kannu.."

"Neenga pona varusham oru yoga camp attend panninga nyabagam irukka??" Mullai tries to remind the elderly woman the meditation camp she was attending for the last three years

"Aama ma...Adhu indha masathulaiya nadandhuchu.."

"Aama Paati....September la dan...indha murai Amma vum ungakooda dhyaaanathukku varangalaam.. ungalukkum oruthar ku oruthar thonaiya irukkum la?  innaikku saingaalam poojai Pola...night anga stay pannitu..naalaikku full day dhyaanam . Thingal kizhamai kaalaila vanduralaam." Mullai explains as Kathir and Iniyal too stop their game , looking at Mullai.

"Daddy, mummy enna solranga.." she asks her father

"Neenga bore adicha park poringa, theme park , malls ku poringa la da??" Kathir tries explaining his daughter as she listens intently nodding her head.

"Theme park na.." she asks..

"Black thunder, queen's land lam irukku la..adhudan theme park"

"Adhu madiri namma Raajam Paati, parvathy Paati,  Lakshmi Paati lam , yoga centre la meditate Panna povaanga every year" he finishes explaining..

" Aama paati...indha murai Amma vum,  attend panraangalam.. munnadiye solli irundhanga.. unga rendu perukkum oru company irukkum la"  Mullai tells her.

"Nalladhu dan..Adhu sari kannu... innaikku poojai nu sonniye  ...eppa adhu??" Paati asks.

"Innaikku oru 8 mani pola..neenga ippa pack panni kelambunga...Appa, Amma va vida pogumbodhu ungalayum kootitu poga solren.."

Mullai tells Paati , but she does not reply anything. she gets that Paati is brooding over something.

" Enna Paati?? Appa Amma kooda poga oru maari irukka? Vena Kathir kooda poringala?"" Mullai asks concerned.

"En Paati...naa vena kondu vittutu Vara va?? Kathir too asks her getting up.

" Ayyo apdilam illa kannu..." She tells Mullai and looks at Kathir
"nee ukkaru pa.. enakku ippa poradhukkulam onnumilla... Nee epdi samaalippa..leave  naal vera, samaikkanum, paathiram lam serum, unakku velai adhigamaidum nu paakuren.." she finishes looking at Mullai.

"Ada idhellam oru vishayama...naa paathukkaren Paati...Ivarum help Panna porar"   Mullai tells easing her .

"Aama paati naalaikku lunch ku velila poiduvom, kalaila Tiffin um, night dinner dana ? naanga paathukkarom. Thunilam kooda thuvaichu pottachu ..Mullai ku edhum ippa siramam illa..apdiye irundhalum , naa edhukku irukken...paathukalam Paati. Neenga kelambunga"  Kathir smiles.

Paati nods and leaves after an hour when Mullai's parents come and pick her up at the parking. The couple then cooks together, finish their dinner ,  Mullai feeding both the father and daughter.

It is almost 9 pm, and the family has cuddled up before the TV in the hall,  Kathir laying down on the make shift bed on the floor, Iniyal laying on her father, her head on his chest and Mullai beside them, resting her head on his shoulder; watching a reality show.

"Daddy.." the munchkin calls her father, laying on her stomach,over his front.

"Enna da" he asks, running his fingers over her hair, as if smoothening its strands.

"Meditation na enna?" She asks curious.

"Hmm ...kanna moodi romba neram saami kitta pray pannuvaanga da "  Kathir tries explaining his baby.

"Adhukku edhukku anga  poganum? Veetla pray panlam la??". Another set of questions.

"Anga neraiya per vandhu stay panni, saami pathi mattum think pannitu quiet ah iruppanga, vera edum yosikama.."

"Appa naama edhukku pogala".. the train of questions continues.

"Ini ma..podhum kelvi kettadhu...time aachu ...kanna moodi thoongu" Mullai chides her getting up

"Mulla...." Kathir stops her.

"Pch..enakenna neeyachu , un ponnachu..epdiyo po...un thala ezhuthu  innaikku ivalukku bathil solli tired aaganum nu irundha yaaru enna panna mudiyum." she sighs giving up , resuming to watch her show .

"Haan adallam naanga paathukkarom.." he tells .

"Paapom paapom.." she teases.

"Haan..Paaru paaru..." He teases in return ,pulling her back to lay on his shoulder.

"Daddy !! " The little lady becons him.

"Haan...Naama enga irundhom.."  he thinks for a while and remembers.

"Hmm...naama en pogala na..Adhu thatha Paati madiri  periyavangalukku da...naama poga mudiyadhu." He tells patiently.

"Daddy appa saami namma Kitta pesa maatangala" she asks again, making Kathir wonder ,where in the world , the kids are getting these questions from. He is already tired.

He couldn't help thinking "iva vaithukulla irukkum bodhu Mulla Dhanam Anni kitta neraiya pesitrundhaley...adhunaala en ponnu ipdi mini question bank madiriye porandhutaalo?? Kunnakudi Muruga.. idhu enna Kathirukku vandha  sodhani??..!!!"  His mind voice whines along with him

And Mullai chuckling beside him, dosen't help him either .

"Namma kittayum pesuvaanga da.." he tells her tired.

"Unga Kitta saami pesi irukkangala" he yawns this time. Mullai laughs and he pinches her waist, for making fun of him.

"Illa da.." he tells her ,praying to saami that his daughter stops her train of questions now .

"Mummy bad boys Kitta saami pesa maatanga nu sonnanga ..Appa neenga badboy ah Daddy" she asks him playfully giggling at her daddy, Making Mullai laugh out loud.

"Ennadhu...kedi!!!" He exclaims at her questions.
" Daddy  ah bad boy na solra...." He asks in mock anger and starts tickling her holding her tight on his torso.

"Solluviya.... solluviya.." he asks laughing tickling her harder.

And Mullai too joins in the tickling saga." "Vaandu ... vaandu..vaai jasthi aiduchu" she tells tickling her daughter , while the mini cracker guffaws.

"Illa...illa. ..sollamatten"""!!!!

"Daddy please...!!" Iniyal screams cackling...her eyes tearing from laughing so hard .

He stops tickling and showers kisses on his daughter, everywhere on her face, hands head .

"Kuthu...dhu daddy!! ...dhadi..kuthu .." she giggles..

"Kuthatum... kuthatum..."he continues anyway.

Mullai admires both of them. Thanking the almighty for giving her the most beautiful family. She doesn't have anything more to ask  him, rather than to keep them safe and sound always. She tells god a silent prayer. With a small serene smile.

They get tired after sometime, the day's events taking a toll on them. They sleep there itself, in the same manner , with kathir laying on his back on the mattress,  his daughter on him and his wife on his side , placing her arm on both of them, above his waist.

Mullai stirrs in her slumber a while later,  disturbed by something, she looks around looks around her. On not spotting any thing, she goes back to sleep, cuddling with her family, not before placing warm kisses on their foreheads.

The next day too, being a Sunday, passes in a jiffy. Mullai makes them breakfast, does her manicure and pedicure at home.

They all go out for lunch at the barbecue nation, and have a gala time . They return back home in the evening

In the evening, Kathir helps Iniyal to finish her homework, making her school bag , getting her uniform, shoes, socks, and everything ready for the week; while Mullai makes them dinner.

Later they finish their dinner earlier and retire for the night in their bedroom ,after tucking their daughter on their bed next to Mullai, in-between her and the wall, and kissing her goodnight; awaiting the upcoming week.

"Laptop charge poitiya Mulla?" He asks her.

"Hmm..."

"Sari naa poitu bag la vachitu varen" he gets up to leave.

"Vachachu..."

"Sari thoonguvoma.." he asks laying down next to her.

"Hmm...' he feels something weird with her response.

"Baby..are you okay" he asks her.

"Yen??..I'm fine"

"Nothing..sari nee yen ivlo thoorama paduthirukka kitta va.." he says extending his arm; and she shifts closer.

"Pch..innum kitta va di..eppayum en nenju mela dana thala vachuppa." She grunts and puts her head on his chest.
He puts his arm around her, pulling her closer, while she snuggles close even further.

"Kathir.."

"Enna da.."

"Maduraikku ennaiku kelambanum.." she asks..Making him worry if that is the reason she is aloof and silent.
She was acting weird the whole day as well. He couldn't point out a particular instance, but he could tell his wife was not okay .

"Thursday..." He tells his voice low, with worry and helplessness.

"Unakku bag pack pannanum la..adan.." she tries to put him at ease.

"Hmm oru naalaikku enna pack pannitu..chumma essentials, mattum podhada.. Baby..nee vena en kooda variya maduraikku?". He asks helpless, not knowing what to do.

"Pch..nee vera... onnumilla baby...I'm okay..chumma dan naa keten..oru naal naalum pack pannanum la" she tells him pecking on his cheek.

"Thoongu. Naalaikku  sikiram endirikkanum..." She says hugging him closer and drifting to sleep.

"Good night.." he pecks on the crown of her head, shutting his eyes to sleep.

"Good night baby" ..she smiles and stretches out , holding him.

Praying that the week brings only all things good and only good for her family!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 1.2K 36
இது ஒரு ஆன்ட்டி ஹீரோ வகை கதை...
182K 8.3K 81
அவர்கள் பணத்தாலும் தகுதியாலும் நேர் எதிரான வித்தியாசம் கொண்டவர்கள். அவனுடைய கவனம் முழுவதும் பணத்தின் மீதும் கௌரவத்தின் மீதும் மட்டுமே... ஆனால் அவளோ...
19.5K 2.7K 25
If he was the sky, then she is the moon ! If he was the forest, then she is the flower ! If he was fire, then she is ice ! If he was her armour, then...
79.4K 4.5K 61
லண்டனில் இருந்து அவசரமாய் இந்தியாவை நோக்கி பறந்து வந்து கொண்டிருந்தான் மலரவன். அவனுக்கு திருமணத்தில் விருப்பம் இல்லாததால், அவனது தம்பியான மகிழனுக்கு...