The Bad Boy and the Other Bad...

By badbloom

The last time I'd seen him shirtless was years ago when we were still friends - before puberty. I was so foc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note

Chapter 23

23.5K 682 460
By badbloom

here u go if u want ; ), these are the songs that they are playing the party

(if somebody wanted to make a Spotify playlist for this I would love u xxx I just don't have a public Spotify atm)

Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus

What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado, Timbaland

New Thang - Red Foo

For The Night - Pop Smoke

(when Rocco sees Jax)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8ARwHeq-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LnsQaI7J8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR_b7yUHezw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqHbmUUlpR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbVKC5WOS4

JAX

"Sirena!" I shouted. Heads turned my way, including hers.

"What?" She said tonelessly, as she turned around to face me. She crossed her arms in front of her chest. Her girlfriends behind her held back laughs, covering their mouths with their hands.

I let one corner of my mouth lift. "Wanna go on a date with me?"

She was silent, staring at me for a long time. Then her mouth twisted and I realised she was fighting a smile.

"Why would I want that?" She asked, deadpan.

I shrugged. "I don't know, why do you?"

She laughed, and let her arms fall, relaxing. "Fine. Fine! Where are we going?"

"Devin's party is on at 8. We could go to Grub'n'Stuff before?"

Her smile dropped. "No. Not Grub'n'Stuff. "

I raised my eyebrows. "Uhh, ok, sure. What about Lillies'?"

She frowned. "Lillies'?"

"Lillies' Livers. They serve Indian. "

She smiled again. "Ok, sure! I'm sure it's great. "

She typed her address and number into my phone. "See you then, " She grinned, and was immediately swallowed by a gaggle of girls, like a lone silvery sardine being swallowed into a storm of identical ones.

ROCCO

I was packing for tournament when my phone dinged.

"are you going to devins tonight ?"

-from mal👿

I sighed and typed back.

"no"

-from 💎

"yes u are"

- from mal

"fine"

-from 💎

I didn't really want to go to a party, but I hadn't been to one in months and hadn't hung out with Mal either. People would start to talk if I stopped going, asking if I had a girlfriend or something and I literally couldn't be bothered to have to correct them.

My phone dinged again.

"come to mine first tho then I'll drive us"

- from mal

Again, I sighed. I seemed to do a lot of that when it came to Mal.

"fine"

-from 💎

- - -

Mallory's house was near mine, so it didn't take me long to get there on my bike. I liked riding down this particular road, which barely had any cars on it and was lined with thick tall forest on either side instead of houses so I could speed as much as I liked.

Mal's house was on a side road with a really long fucking driveway up a hill, with deer-fenced paddocks on either side of the dirt road. Rabbits raced into their warrens at the sound of my bike, so I slowed as to be more polite as I got closer to the house.

Mal was adopted. Her house was a massive old brick thing which was freezing in winter, but her room had its own fireplace which was always lit because she liked the sound. It was getting darker now, but since the house was up a hill it got the last rays of sun.

Her dad opened the door. He was a slightly stooped short old man with a really, like, round beard. He was dressed in a plush red dressing gown and old man slippers, one hand clutching a mug of some steaming drink, a newspaper tucked under the other arm.

He grinned at me, his eyes smiling over his spectacles.

"Ayy, Rocco!" He laughed in delight, ushering me into the house.

"Hey, Ben, " I grinned back. "I brought you guys some apple crumble from Grub'N'Stuff. D'you want me to put it in the fridge?"

"Oh, good on you boy! I knew we made the right decision in adopting Mal, because she made friends with you!"

"Well thank you so much Dad. It means a lot. "

Mal's deadpan voice echoed from above us and she rounded the corner coming down the stairs. She was wearing a neon green outfit to match her new hair, with massive green platform boots, and extremely short green skirt, and green glitter smeared under her eyes and up her cheekbones. The flickering light from the hall-way lamps made her shadow on the back wall look huge and ominous. She reached the bottom and kissed me on the cheek, probably getting glitter on me, taking the brown paper bag I handed to her. "Thanks Rocco! Why don't we just eat this now, while it's fresh. "

I followed her from the dimly lit hallway to the bright kitchen, painted all shades of green, the cupboard doors all slightly dented and chipped, with black and white tile patterning of the floor.

Mal popped the apple crumble into the microwave, chattering about something Sirena had done today, her hair and clothes clashing extremely awfully with the kitchen walls. I made listening noises as I took out cream and ice cream from their green fridge.

"She's just, she's unbelievable, you know?" Mal said, her eyes glittering as she leaned over the counter. She was also wearing green contact lenses and green fake eyelashes. "Like, how does she do it? Where does she get the nerve?"

I shrugged, trying to look astounded. "No clue."

Mal stopped and looked me over suddenly. "Hey, where's your costume?"

The microwave beeped and I took out the crumble, dishing it into the the extravagant glass bowls Mal had taken out. All of the plates and stuff in Mal's house was second-hand and also way over the top.

"Costume?" I repeatedly. "I'm not wearing a costume. "

"What the hell? Of course you are! It's Euphoria - themed! How did you not know that!"

"Of course its Euphoria-themed." I scoffed, pouring the cream over each of the servings of apple crumble while Mal carved out perfect balls of ice cream from the container and placed them neatly beside the servings in the bowls.

"Yes! But crossed with Among Us. So - "

I scoffed again.

"Stop scoffing. I'm green - "

I scoffed, again.

"STOP! As I - "

"Mal, don't yell. " Mal's mother drifted into the kitchen, frowning at Mal, then turning her smile to me.

"Hey, that rhymes, " I laughed. "Hi, Melinda."

Mal's mom was wearing a robe just like Ben was, but hers was a blue that contrasted with her dark, dark skin. Hers was so long that you couldn't see the fluffy brown monster slippers that I knew she was wearing on her feet.

"Hi Rocco, how are you, dear?" She smiled mistily, her hands clutching a steaming mug like Ben's, swirling it gently around.

I gestured to the bowls on the wooden counter. "Would you like some apple crumble?"

Melinda turned her heavily made-up eyes to the bowls. "Oh! Yes, please! It will go perfectly with my applebalm lemonsvein cider wolfsbane tea." She took a sip of said tea, then reeled back, screwing up her face.

"Hot, " she murmured.

I fought a smile, then handed a bowl to her with a spoon that had the Queen's head carved on the handle. I got out a few more spoons, all with squirrels on the handles this time.

"Mom! What colour do you think Rocco is?"

Melinda's eyebrows rose. "Colour? I love colours! Hmm, let's see..."

They stared at me.

"Green?" Melinda suggested. "No... He's not connected with nature enough..."

Mal narrowed her eyes at me. "Blue? What about like a dark midnight blue. "

Malinda nodded. "Hmm, possibly. No, he's too angry."

My mouth fell open.

"No! I know! Red! Of course, yes, he's red. " Mal yelled.

Melinda laughed and smacked her forehead. "Of course! Silly us. So obvious. "

"Huh," I laughed nervously. "So obvious. "

"Perfect!" Mal beamed. "We'll do red for you!"

"Great, " I muttered. "So exciting."

Mal didn't seem to hear me, just kept murmuring to myself and measuring my face or something by holding up her fingers to make a square in the air.

I handed a bowl of crumble to her, and took the last two for myself and Ben.

Ben was watching some sort of crappy movie with an unfinished crossword on his lap in the purple-themed lounge. It had an assortment of unmatching rugs covering every inch of the floor, 5 purple armchairs of varying sixes, a bookshelf with only purple books, three purple cuckoo clocks on the walls (apparently, yes, you can get purple cuckoo clocks, and none of those three were on time), and four purple pigs on the mantlepiece, as well as a picture of Mallory dressed up Randal from Monsters Inc. from one Halloween, and that was only a few of the things in the room. I placed a bowl of crumble on a round purple table next to Ben, who clapped me on the arm in thanks and returned to watching his awful movie.

I followed Mal up the stairs to her room, which was huge, just as messy (but clean? I don't know how this family does it) as the rest of the house, but thankfully not colour-themed.

I sank down into her big red armchair, chowing down on my apple crumble.

Mal stuffed a gigantic spoonful of hers into her mouth, set the bowl down, then proceeded to rummage through her vast supply of cosmetics.

"I'm not wearing makeup. " I said. "It doesn't feel nice. "

"No, it's not really make up." She turned to look me over. "You're already wearing black, as usual, and I obviously don't really have anything you can wear... This will have to be enough. "

She sank her arm deep into the sea of bottles in the drawer, wincing in pain as their sharp edges dug into her skin, then finally pulled out a small bottle of red glitter.

"What the hell? How much shit do you have in there?"

She didn't reply, just came over to stand in front of me, unscrewing the bottle, perusing my face.

"Your bone structure is just. Wow. It's out of this word. " She said, dipping a finger into the glitter.

"Thanks, I try," I said, resignedly letting her smear the glitter up on the ridges of my cheekbones and beside my eyes.

"I'm a gang member, did you know. " I said flatly.

"Oooh! Oooh! You're so scary! I'm terrified!" She mocked, adding another "helping" or whatever of the red stuff.

She leaned back to take a look at her handiwork.

"Wow. " She marvelled. "I am a genius. "

I rolled my eyes, then got up to look in the mirror.

It did actually look like kind of cool, the glitter reflecting a solid bar of light whenever I tilted my head right.

Mallory screwed the lid back onto the bottle, which she then threw violently back into the drawer, making me jump.

"Damn, " I muttered.

She grabbed a neon green puffer jacket from the floor beside her bed, then looked at me impatiently.

"You coming or not?"

--------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 489 34
Book one {completed 6/9/18} "Are you mine?" "Y-yes, I'm all yours." "Yes you are." ••• Jax Xander, a seventeen year old rugby player just out of Juv...
41.6K 761 14
A hopeless teen finds out he's close to being kicked out of school for good. He then ends up meeting a boy who's way too nice for his own good, good...
11.4M 457K 65
Lucas Sawyer has gotten used to being forgotten. His twin brother Mark, captain and star quarterback, everyone's favorite, gets the spotlight. Lucas...
90.2K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...