Frost and Flames [GxG]

By apwwrites

Neve, a lonely girl surrounded by people, but no one knew the truth. The truth people have died to protect. I... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 18

9.3K 435 84
By apwwrites

Neve's POV

The next morning, I'm more confident than ever before. I had requited feelings and could control my powers. What could go wrong?

A lot could go wrong.

Ember walks into my room, her shoulders slouched slightly, her mood dark.

"Are you okay?" I ask immediately, the bond between us humming with some sort of negative emotion.

"No. I'm not okay. One of my best members was just killed to send a message." Ember sits on the bed, plopping down tiredly. "Those bastards found us and killed Mike without a second thought." Her face scrunches up in anger, reddening at an alarming rate.

"Slow down, explain everything that happened," I try to calm her down, but this just riles her up. Standing up abruptly, she starts pacing the room.

"We were out for a morning run, investigating other gangs strongholds, when men and women in black suits jumped us from behind. There was this logo on their uniform that identified them as a part of an organization." She pauses, taking a deep breath. "The only organization that is after us is the Hunters. We were in groups, and Mike didn't make it."

Walking over to her and placing a comforting hand on her arm, I say, "Now, this is a war. They made the first move and now it's our turn. We will get them back and avenge him."

Ember nods before taking me in her arms. I relax in her hold, this entire situation has made me nervous. The Hunters are back and have killed again. Who is to say they won't kill my newfound family? I have to stop them.

I will do anything to put their plans to rest and destroy their organization.

Pulling apart, I ask, "You feel like going to school to distract yourself from this?"

She lets out a bitter laugh. "I have to deal with the aftermath of all of this. I wish I could go to school." Looking me over, she says, "Maybe you need to go to distract yourself. I'll drive."

The ride wasn't as enjoyable as usual, I couldn't get the Hunters off my mind. I've taken down my walls and gotten close to people, and now they are in danger. I can't seem to save anyone from the tragedy that is my life. What did I do to deserve this?

Ember drops me off, waving as she drives away. I walk in the crowd of people for the first time, slightly overwhelmed. I've never been in a crowd before, always avoiding them. But now that I can control my power, there is no need.

I'm making my way to my first class, which I usually have with Ember, when I'm roughly pushed into the lockers. "Hey freak."

My eyes land on a tall guy who has the build of an athlete. Even with my training with Ember, her teaching me how to fight and not rely on my powers, I don't stand a chance against this huge boy.

"What do you want?" I ask, slightly peeved that I was pushed so rudely. Sure, I have no friends, but that doesn't give him permission to assault me.

"I'm here to warn you. Stay away from Ember. She's mine," he spits, too close to my face.

I lightly press against his chest, trying to gain some distance. "She doesn't belong to anyone. And mind your manners, being rude isn't an attractive personality trait." With that, I walk away, wanting to get as far away as possible. My heart hammers in my chest, the intensity of the threatening situation making my powers come to the surface. I feel the power running through my veins as I work to suppress it.

I can't lose control right after I learned it.

It may just be the act of two threats in one day driving me over the edge, but I feel the need to be in Ember's arms, surrounded by her warmth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 381 37
DO NOT COPY OR USE THIS BOOK AS A FANFIC. PLEASE. It is time for Esme to step into the light. Let's learn about her past, what made her turn to dar...
31.4K 589 27
What if you're in love with your enemy? Dawn is stunningly beautiful, but she has a past. A horrid past that still haunts her from young till' now...
135K 9.9K 56
"It's- It's good to see you... though?" And Dahlia can't help that her voice shrinks, when Irie suddenly towers over her like she never has before. T...
141 7 10
Ice Cold Sylvie Bishop lives in a world where people are born with supernatural abilities called 'Skills' and she possesses a particularly powerful o...