before you / jung jaehyun

By lambskwer

to all the boys ive loved before jung jaehyun, thank you. © lambskwer More

ABOUT.
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

twenty one

6K 361 313
By lambskwer

[ 1st May 2018, 11:34PM ]

jaehyun
hey sorry for causing a mess like that

jaehyun
idk if youre sleeping or not at the moment

jaehyun
i hope u are so u dont have to see me look like an idiot texting u rn

jaehyun
i know u hate all this type of mess

jaehyun
so im sorry for even bringing u to this party

jaehyun
its my fault

jaehyun
but to be fair, i think i punched eunsang so good

jaehyun
and that motherfucker made my lip bleed wtf dick

jaehyun
i could tell you all that tomorrow....?

jaehyun
if youre up to come over and talk.....?

jaehyun
my place,,,,,,,?

jaehyun
i'll cook dinner

jaehyun
who am i kidding ill order in

jaehyun
it's on me dw

jaehyun
instead of the broken hearts discount, it's the uh

jaehyun
sorry-for-being-a-jerk meal

jaehyun
[ sent an attachment ]

jaehyun
omg jungwoo wont stop nagging at me rn wtf

jaehyun
hes all like 'i had to send aeri back bcs u cant seem to back out of a stupid fight'

jaehyun
then hes like 'bcs of u. i had to make TWO TURNS!! i had to turn back TWICE!"

jaehyun
damn this mf getting on my nerves

jaehyun
im probably spamming u rn im sorry

jaehyun
ok ill let u rest

jaehyun
see u tomorrow? :)

-
[ 2nd May 2018, 2:03PM ]

jaehyun
hey..............

jaehyun
how u doin.....

jaehyun
im guessing u will swing by later?

jaehyun
i ordered food already

jaehyun
OH and i got jungwoo to buy like two iced chocolate for u

jaehyun
i do b excited to tell u everything that happened yst lol

jaehyun
plus i got like movies on rental

jaehyun
ok bye i gotta clean my house rn

-

aeri looked at her phone notifications, then just laughed to herself. she wasnt mad at jaehyun for causing a mess. she just wanted to surprise jaehyun later on when she comes over. she just woke up, it was a weekend. she headed over to the bathroom to shower and get ready.

her mother always suspected aeri of dating someone at the moment, cause she was always out and always came back late. but aeri said it was nothing, just a friend. her father couldnt care less, as long as the boy she's dating doesnt break her heart.

it took aeri at least half an hour to get ready. "mom! i'll get going, okay? i'll be back soon," she kissed her mother's forehead before hugging her. just before she wanted to leave, her mother asked her, "are you and jiyeon not friends anymore?" which made aeri stop right at her tracks.

"mom, i told you a billion times already, i dont wanna talk about her anymore," she groaned. her mother just sighed, before shoo'ing her out the house. aeri had a feeling that her mom wanted jiyeon and her to be friends again. it always annoyed her a little because it felt like her mother didnt care about what she thought of jiyeon.

it was more than just 'fighting over a guy' but her mother couldnt see right through that. but she just brushed off the thought and left to go to jaehyun's.

-
[ 2:56PM ]

"jungwoo oh my god i said n- aeri!" jaehyun opened the door, his eyes on the tv before he could even look at who was standing right at the doorstep. he thought it wouldve been jungwoo but it was the girl he was expecting. "yours truly," she faked a royal bow, but it only ended up looking like a weird, stance which made jaehyun laugh.

"what the hell was that? you look like an idiot," he joked around. she rolled her eyes, standing up straight and then pulled him in for a hug. "you look like a mess," she chuckled, looking at jaehyun's bruised lip and cheek. "before i punch you, do you wanna come inside?" he teased. she just scoffed, before taking off her shoes to get in.

aeri made herself comfortable and plopped herself onto his couch. "so tell me everything!" she was excited to hear what jaehyun was so eager to say. the boy took the food that just arrived and placed it onto the table right infront of his sofa. then he switched on the tv and had princess and the frog play at the background while they spoke.

"okay okay okay, eat up while i tell you," he squirmed in his seat, handing aeri her share of food before telling her everything. "so right after you left cause you were a pussy, i punched him and almost broke his nose! how awesome right?" he excitedly spoke, the girl just furrowed her eyebrows, laughing at the boy infront of her.

and the conversation carried on for half an hour. every detail covered, it took jaehyun about 34 minutes to tell aeri everything. by the time he was done, both of their food were already halfway done, because they both were too engrossed in the storytelling. "damn i cant believe i missed that, honestly," aeri sighed, getting another bite of her food.

jaehyun widened his eyes and reacted while chewing on his noodles, "right! you're stupid!" which just made her roll her eyes in annoyance. "he deserved it though, he was always bragging about the girls he picked up around campus," he continued, then faked a gag.

and for some reason, aeri felt very safe. and comfortable with jaehyun around. within the four walls, aeri knew that jaehyun was always going to be there for her no matter what. she knew that jaehyun was always going to be her pillar of support, and she liked knowing that.

just being in the moment with him, it made aeri feel very happy. more than happy. it made her feel as though she was able to breathe fresh oxygen through her lungs again. and it has been so long since she felt that way. the air she breathed when she was with mark was different.

it was the kind of air that you know is bad for you, but you breathe it in anyway because you liked being there. it was suffocating, bad for you, but you want to breathe it in anyway. but with jaehyun, it's different. it's the kind of air you breathe in when you're in the country-side of town. the air you breathe in in the morning, when the dew drops from the leaves, and you can hear little birds chirping, and you know you're safe.

it's that kind of air.

and for a second she was thankful for jaehyun. she was thankful for him for letting her in his life. she wanted to repay him for every single act of kindness of his' towards her. but it would take her even until in the afterlife to finish repaying him. sitting down on his couch, with a movie playing in the background that she paid no attention to because all she could see right now was jaehyun, and he was excitingly telling aeri every bit of detail, she felt - happy.

-
[ 8:23PM ]

"fuck!" jaehyun cussed softly under his breath which woke aeri up. after eating and saying whatevr jaehyun needed to say about the night before, they both fell asleep on the couch. it was supposed to be a ten minute nap because of the food coma. but ten minutes turned into 3 hours.

princess and the frog was on repeat. in fact, it was the only thing jaehyun could play because other videos were rented but that particular movie was bought. you could tell he really loved the movie.

aeri rubbed her eyes, squinting hard to see who was cursing. "what happened?" sitting up straight, stretching her body. jaehyun stood up to get a paper towel, dabbed it on his lip. "i think i was dreaming then i bit my own lip so now i'm bleeding again and this shit hurts," he said, sitting back down.

"come let me see," aeri volunteered to check. jaehyun sitting directly next to her, their faces practically 4 inches apart, she could feel him breathing heavily. she tried to restrain the butterflies. she got up to get an ice cube, wrapped it in a paper towel and sat back down, dabbing it onto his lip.

"here, press the ice against your lip," aeri said, showing jaehyun how it was done so he would know what to do. "it helps the bleeding stop, and the swelling too," she continued. she pressed it down onto his lip, a little bit longer than she was supposed to because she was too busy staring at his wound.

and when she realized she was staring a tad bit too long, she looked up to only see jaehyun staring down at her. dont let the butterflies escape out of the cage, aeri. she let go of the the ice cube, opened up jaehyun's palms to hand it over to him to do it because it was getting kind of awkward.

she let out a soft chuckle, trying to ease the tension. but the two of them just couldnt stop staring at each other. and without even realizing, both of them were slowly coming closer. closer and closer and closer until ding!

chungha sent you a message:
yeah ofc we can meet :)

jaehyun's phone lit up. his brightness so high that both of them could see from where they were. aeri's heart dropped, jaehyun's eyes widened. they quickly pulled away. jaehyun stood up and snatched his phone away to quickly reply. aeri just stared away, pretending like she was watching the movie.

ten seconds of silence. "i was gonna tell you," jaehyun turned around, rubbing the back of his neck, he smiled sheepishly. aeri just scoffed, turning away from him. "when? when you get your heart broken again?" she retaliated. jaehyun moved closer to the girl, "im not going to, aeri! i promise! i just want closure, that's it!" he sat down next to her, trying to convince her that what he said was true.

meanwhile, all aeri could think of was minsu saying "our theory is that jaehyun probably still has feelings for chungha,"

our theory is that jaehyun probably still has feelings for chungha our theory is that jaehyun probably still has feelings for chungha our theory is that jaehyun probably still has feelings for chungha

it wont get out of her head. maybe it was true. maybe jaehyun really did still have feelings for his ex girlfriend. no. maybe he really needs closure. dont think too much of it aeri. he's just your bestfriend. you dont want him to get hurt.

"how long have you been texting her?" she asked, finally gaining the courage to look at jaehyun in the eye. jaehyun thought for a second before answering, "the next day after i was a dick to you on text," "i didnt tell you because you were gonna yell at me,"

you're just a friend. you're just a friend. dont make it seem like anything more.

"i'm not yelling, am i?" aeri smiled, holding back tears.

they were just about to kiss.

"yeah, but i know you're gonna yell at me," jaehyun whined. aeri just stood up, made up an excuse about needing to go home because her mother needed help cleaning the kitchen.

"um, i need to leave right now," was all she could say.

they were so close.

jaehyun stood up trailing right behind her. "are you sure you're okay?" he asked.

inches away.

aeri turned around, holding back tears. "i am, jae, if things go well, tell me okay?" she faked a smile, hugged him before she left. right at the perfect timing, the scene that was playing on the tv screen was tiana and naveen kissing, turning each other into human, finally.

it could've been the same for them. for aeri and jaehyun. but it didnt happen. so aeri walked back home, alone. for a second, the fresh air she thought she was breathing turned thick, hard to let it in. the air she thought was safe, didnt feel like it anymore. maybe because her throat was swelling up and she felt like crying.

why?

because aeri liked jaehyun. and this time, there's no second thoughts about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 1.8K 38
"You make me confused Jaehyun" ° ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ © dreammyn
8.9K 408 24
"𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ." °𝗮 𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗷𝗮𝗲𝗵𝘆𝘂𝗻 𝗳𝗮𝗻𝗳𝗶...
28.5K 809 16
"I'll always be there for you, even though you keep playing with my feelings."
44.5K 2.1K 31
❝Even if we have to go around a long way, I will still feel the same. We'll be alright, I want to try again.❞ © ZENO | ONGOING ▶...