Waifs and Strays [Larry Styli...

By FiveFourOneD

In a world of intolerance, a corrupt political system, and starving homeless children, Louis Tomlinson (the l... More

Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Not An Update!!
Chapter Twenty-One
Again No Update :(
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
The Silence Game
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
THANK YOU ♥
Waifs and Strays - M.A.D.

Chapter Eighteen

1K 38 42
By FiveFourOneD

AAAAH GUYS!!! I already have well over 2,000 reads when less than 4 weeks ago, I only reached 1,000 reads on this story!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This means the world!! :)

Also, sorry I haven't updated for a week! I am not going to be able to update very often in the next 3-4 weeks. I have some final exams and an art exhibition coming up and I have to write some grated papers of 5,000 words each. But I promise I will sneak the one or the other update in there, so I'm not completely gone! :)

But now, I hope you enjoy the update!!

"Well, go ahead, run," I say to Linda. She has been wiggling in anticipation for the whole ride over to the pond by the edge of the forest.

Harry jumps out of the Jeep after her when he sees her running off.

"Oh damn, she's running right towards the water. I'd better go with her," he says with a worried crease between his eyebrows, before he jumps out of the car too, and jogs to catch up with the little girl.

I find myself smiling again, I have been smiling an awful lot today and I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to think about the reason for that yet.

I retrieve a blanket from the back of the car and follow them to the small lake.

Linda has already taken Harry's hand and points to some ducks that she spotted on the water.

When I sit down on the blanket (I don't really need to join them admiring some birds), Harry turns around to face me.

"Louis? Do we have something to feed the ducks with?" he calls over to me, seeming pretty excited himself, "She wants to feed them."

"What? Great," I roll my eyes, "What did you tell her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Can you come here for a second?" I say and sigh.

Linda doesn't seem to mind him leaving her alone, she is screaming at the ducks in joy, no need to say that the ducks keep as much distance to her as the pond allows them.

"What's wrong?" Harry says when he hesitantly sits down on the blanket next to me.

"How did Linda get the idea of feeding the ducks?" I ask him, crossing my legs.

Harry is wearing black skinny jeans again, he seems to have the same taste as I when it comes to leg-wear. But unlike me, he likes to combine it with colorful and printed butten-ups, leaving the first few buttons open. Today his shirt is mostly white, though. I can almost see his whole butterfly tattoo in the middle of his chest, the way he is sitting next to me, slightly leaning back on his hands and stretching out his never-ending legs infront of him.

When Harry speaks up, I catch myself olging his body and quickly look up into his eyes. "I asked her if she'd like to feed them," he answers my question.

I press my lips together and shake my head. "Harry," I start, "we never feed the ducks."

"Really?" Harry says, always keeping an eye on Linda, "But that's always so much fun!"

I pull a face at him. "No doubt," I deadpan, "But we never feed anything, that's why we don't have any pets. We can't afford to give our food to some animal, especially ducks that have a pretty good life even without our food."

"Oh," Harry says, looking sympathetic which bugs me a little.

"We never told her that feeding animals is a thing," I tell him, "She didn't even know about feeding ducks until now."

Right at that moment, Linda turns around and beams at us. "I wanna eat them!" she screams at us, at which I laugh while Harry looks mortified.

"Seems like she didn't really get what you meant by 'feeding'," I chuckle.

"Oh god! She's a monster at age two," Harry shudders.

"We do eat them, Harry," I remind him.

"And she knows that?" he wonders.

"Now she does, I guess," I wink at him and he blushes, staring at me.

"I made a monster," the curly boy whispers after a pause in mock horror.

"Don't sweat it, Frankenstein," I laugh, "I dont think she even knows what she's talking about half of the time."

He's still blushing, keeping his eyes on Linda.

I smirk, looking at the glistening water infront of us. It's such a great feeling to make him blush like that. Not only does he look adorable with rosy cheeks, but I also enjoy the fact that I can have that effect on him.

"The duckies don't like me," Linda pouts next to me, I didn't even see her approach.

I smile in amusement. "Have you considered screaming at them? Maybe that will make them like you," I joke, poking at her tummy.

Linda only looks back at me blankly. "I want a duckie," she says, instead of responding.

I sigh exaggeratedly, pressing my lips together. "Alas, sucks but they're all the way across the water," I pull a disappointed face, "too bad."

"Get them," the little devil commands.

"What? No," I laugh, "You get them."

"Louis!" Harry's voice sounds shocked.

I look at him, laughing. "What?" I chuckle, "She wants one, she can have one... if she doesn't drown before," I turn to Linda, "Go ahead, choose whichever fat bird your heart desires, princess."

She beams at me, turns around and runs to the edge of the water.

"Oh god," Harry exclaims, jumping up and running after Linda.

"You can't go in there, love," he picks the toddler up, supporting her weight with his left hip, his arms securely around her tiny form.

"I wanna swim," Linda says, crossing her arms and pouting again. She knows exactly what to do to get her way.

I laugh, until I hear Harry saying, "Okay, sweety, let's make a deal. We all go in there together, but we stay by the shore, agreed?"

I shake my head aggressively. "Oh no, I'm not going in there, no chance," I say, before they even look at me.

"Why not? The sun is shining," Harry smirks at me.

"I don't want to," I say.

"He doesn't want to, Linda," Harry says to the little girl, "What do you think of that?"

"You must, Louiee," she calls, resting her hand on her hip, like she knows from Perrie.

"No, it's way to cold," I say, "It's April, and also I'm shot, for fu-"

"Okay!" Harry says in a loud voice, smiling, "But we'll go, right?"

Linda cheers and wiggles herself out of Harry's arms.

"We'll keep our clothes on, though," Harry says to her when she tries to get out of her yellow dress, "Louis is right, the water is still pretty cold. We'll only go in for a few minutes, okay?"

He's crouched down infront of her and looks into her face, waiting for her confirmation. He looks like a concerned father that wants to make his daughter happy at every chance he gets, but still helicopters around her to make sure she won't get a single scratch.

When Linda nods her little head, Harry helps her out of her shoes and picks her up again.

Together they inch into the cristal clear water of the small lake, seeming to blend out everything around them. Linda squeakes when the cold water first touches her bare feet but she stays strong and doesn't back out. She's a Sparrow, what did you expect.

While they get lost in their little world, I get lost in mine.

I can't move my gaze away from Harry's white shirt, that is soaking in water more and more as he steps deeper into the pond. It clings to his incredibly well-build torso where it turns as good as translucent, showing off not only his many tattoos but also every shape his upper body has to offer. I can see the muscles on his back moving under his shirt, his shoulder blade poking out on the side where his arm props up Linda on his hip.

When he turns around, laughing with Linda, his dimples indent his cheeks as he squints at me because the sun is shining right at him, reflecting on his pale skin. His chest tattoos are as distinct as if he wasn't even wearing a shirt and he smiles at me while running his wet hand through his hair. He looks heavenly.

When they have moved far enough into the pond for the water to reach their shoulders, they cheer and Linda screams for the ducks again before Harry brings her back closer to the edge of the water, where she can stand on her own.

He sits down next to her and they begin splashing around with the presumably ice cold water, I can't help but shudder just by watching them.

After a while Harry gets up and wades deeper into the water, telling Linda to stay there. Then he dives under water completely and comes back up with soaking wet hair that doesn't look as curly anymore and is plastered to his face.

When he dives under water the next time, he doesn't come back up immediately and I think I know what he has in mind. Sure enough, after an alarmingly long time under water, he jumps out right infront of Linda.

"Ha!" he laughs while she is screaming in her high pitched voice.

Then they start splashing water at each other again.

"Okay... okay, okay, Linda!" Harry laughs after a while, "Let's get back outside, huh?"

"NOOO!" Linda whines and splashes more water at Harry.

"But it's cold, we don't want to get sick," he tries to reason.

At that Linda only fills her mouth with water and spits it at him, laughing at his silly face afterwards.

I find myself laughing, too. She's such a brat.

"Alright," Harry says, getting up, "Then you have to stay here alone. I'm going back to Louis."

When his bare feet are back on the grass at the shore, Linda still hasn't moved. Instead, she has started splashing water around on her own, focusing back on the ducks on the other side of the pond.

Harry turns around while walking towards me, "Don't make me come and get you," he yells to the little girl, but I don't think she pays attention.

Harry smiles when he reaches me, his eyes bright as he is towering over me.

"That was fun," he beams and shakes the excess water out of his hair, splattering me with it.

I jump up to my feet in shock of the ice cold water, "Shit, Harry!" I yell angrily, the water is even colder than I expected.

Harry laughs, looking at me.

After a pause, his expression turns serious and he takes one last step towards me. When I see the small droplets of water on Harry's nose and forehead, I realize just how close we are and swallow hard.

"What," Harry smirks, putting his icy hand on my waist, his voice sounding even deeper and slower that usually, "The fearless gang leader is afraid of a bit of water?"

I'm literally frozen in shock, I only stare up into his eyes with my lips slightly parted in surprise. I didn't know he could get like this, smirking in confidence, making my knees feel weak.

My mind focuses on his hand on my hip, resting there, heavy and firmly. "I-I..." I can't seem to find any words. My heart is racing in my chest.

"Don't worry, Lou," he hums, leaning in, and I can feel my cheeks heating up at the sound of the nickname. "You're not half as wet as I am," he whispers.

My breath hitches and my eyes flicker to his lips, they are still shiny and moist from the lake water and look so plum and soft. He's so close that I can feel his cool breath on my skin. I look back up into his green eyes which are staring back at me with an unreadable gleam.

"Hawwyyy," Linda's voice makes me start as she slams into Harry's leg, hugging it and making Harry loose his balance for a second.

His hand leaves my waist and is replaced by an even icier feeling on my skin.

Harry turns around to face Linda and crouches down infront of her again, examining her face.

"Oh shoot, your lips are all blue," he says, his voice worried and not at all as suductive as it was a moment ago.

"Come here, we'll warm up again in no time," he smiles at her, taking the blanket I have been sitting on and wrapping it around his shoulders. Then he sits down, enclosing Linda's tiny body in his arms and wrapping as much of the blanket around her as he can.

I decide that it's a good idea to sit down too, when I realize how tight my pants have become because of Harry's actions before Linda interrupted us, whatever that was. I sit down next to them, pulling my knees up to my chest to conceal my crotch.

"I want a duckie," I hear Linda whisper in Harry's arms in a disappointed tone.

Harry chuckles softly, "But this is their home, sweetheart," he explains with a smile, "And they are a family. We shouldn't take that away from them right? They need to stay here, where they belong."

Ouch, I'm not sure if Harry is aware of what he just said, but I hope he doesn't realize that he just explained to Linda that it's wrong to do exactly what we did to him.

"But we can always come back to see them again," he says and then looks to me, "Um, only if that's okay with Louis of course."

I try to give him a smile, but fail miserably, I still feel so awkward about the tightness in my pants. Harry looks back at me, seeming to try to figure out what's wrong with me, but I only look away.

"We should probably go back, Linda is shaking," he says, rubbing her arms under the blanket.

"Yeah, you two go ahead," I say, looking down at the slight bulge between my legs, still visible, "I think you could use a headstart." I smile uncomfortably.

Harry narrows his eyes in confusion but gets up with Linda and takes her back to their abandoned shoes to put them back on.

When they are turned away from me, I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in and rub my palms over my face. Oh god, what is happening? I am sleeping in the same room as this guy. This guy that should actually be my hostage but instead, makes my whole body tingle just looking at him. I'm so screwed.

Thank you for reading!! I hope you liked it, please comment and tell me!! :)

And don't forget to VOTE!!!

I hope to be able to update soooon! Love you ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 47K 49
Harry Styles is head of the underground, he's ruthless, possessive, feared and powerful. Louis is a student, his dad works for Harry but Louis has no...
11.2K 316 35
Harry Styles is not only faced with poverty, but is also faced with sexual confusion as he's auctioned off and won over by the wealthy and handsome L...
227K 7.6K 44
Harry Styles is a single father of three, working two jobs to try and cater for his family, everything is always the same. That is until rebel Louis...
5K 26 33
Louis Tomlinson is homeless and walks the streets all day and night after his beloved mother died his step father kicked him out. He is also a LITTL...