To Love Irrevocably [18+]

Door sky_is_limit

At twenty-two years old, Sutton Anstein is basically a walking corpse. Growing up with a helicopter mom and... Meer

To Love Irrevocably
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
End Note

Chapter Twenty-Four

2.4K 92 48
Door sky_is_limit

The passing week tones my mood down a lot. Amy is still acting odd and treating me as if I ran her dog over. She avoids eye contact and chooses to have lunch with others instead of me. I'm slightly upset that this is causing me to become sidetracked from the amazing weekend I had with Seren.

Sighing, I focus on the computer screen before me. My Wednesday has been full of answering emails and making appointments per Mister Novak's schedule. The man himself is surprisingly out for the day. He only dropped by once to drop off his personal planner, which I didn't see why at first. Once I read it, I realized he planned for me to get a gift for his fiance; Sienna Emerson.

The two have still kept it under wraps, much to my astonishment. They really don't want their relationship getting tarnished by the media and I can respect that.

I take a sip from my water bottle and answer yet another email. I've already had lunch and half of my burger sits wrapped on the side. Music sounds through my cheap dollar store earbuds as I work. It's usual for me to stray from my phone at work, but it's a pleasurable distraction from the office drama.

When this email is complete, I lean back against my chair and sigh. Looking up, I'm startled by Amy standing in front of me with crossed arms. Her bubble gum pink lips are in a smile and her light brown eyes are squinting.

"Amy?" I clear my throat, tilting my head to the side in confusion. "What's up?"

"Wanna hang out tonight?" she asks.

Taking my eyes from her, I look from side to side. We haven't spoken in a while, yet she's here now to ask if I want to hang out? No explanation accompanies her question. I purse my lips, now upset. It's a strange feeling since I've never had friends to fight with. The bullies from my past don't count as they're bullies and anything that left their mouths were insults.

"Um..." I freeze up, not knowing what to say. The anger I was feeling evaporates, instead leaving me with a swirling pit of anxiousness.

Amy raises an eyebrow, tightening her arms. "Now you can't hang out? Seriously? Does your new girlfriend have you on that tight of a leash?"

The anger returns tenfold. It's one thing for Amy to speak to me like that, but to talk about Seren? That won't stand. Not when she doesn't even know the woman who holds my heart. If I knew Amy was this spiteful, I don't think I would've ever become friends with her. I feel like I've taken a one-way ticket back to high school.

But before I can defend Seren, Amy says, "Why don't you call her up and bring her along then?"

A headache forms. This is a strange situation and I feel like I'm walking into a trap.

"I don't think that's a good idea, and it's a work night."

Amy scoffs and shakes her head. I've never seen her act this way. Both of us come from small towns and I used to think Amy was different. Now, she's resembling the mean girls from my hometown more and more. How long will it be until she's hurling insults at me?

"I thought we were friends?"

Those words... They make me feel immense guilt over something I haven't even done. Denying her? That warrants Amy to assume I'm cutting our friendship off? She's the one who's been avoiding me. Maybe I avoided her too, at first, but never forever. Like a fool, I assumed we'd be fine after some awkwardness.

Sighing, I grab my phone and dial Seren. She picks the call up on the third ring and her voice comes through. My reaction is instantaneous as I calm down from her sound. Just hearing her makes me feel as if everything is fine.

"What's wrong, pretty boy?" she asks, and I detect concern in her tone. She knows I'd never call during work. Not if my conscience can handle it.

"Hey," I start, sighing into the receiver. All the while, Amy stands before me, her hands now on her hips. "Um... my coworker wants to hang out tonight and she wants me to invite you along."

The line is silent for just a moment. I can just make out sensual music playing in the background. "And what do you want to do, baby?"

"I don't want to disappoint anyone."

Seren hums. She says something, but sounds far away to where I can't hear her. "Okay," she speaks clearly now. "Let's go out tonight. Is this the same coworker who has a crush on you?"

Groaning, I nod. "Yeah, but I still don't think that!"

"I know you don't, baby. But she's finally talking to you now? Funny."

"I know," I mumble, frowning. "But we're on for tonight? I'll get the information and text you, okay?"

We hang up the phone and I turn to Amy. She's wearing a satisfied smile on her face. With no farewell or even a wave, she turns on her heel and walks away.

***

"I just don't get why she's acting this way. What's her problem with me and especially with you? She doesn't even know you," I rant to Seren in the car. She listens, a small smile on her face and her hand held in mine. "It doesn't upset you?"

A shake of her head is what I should have expected. This temptress of a woman is too sophisticated to get mad over something so petty. Seren is on a level that outstands most people I've met in my life. I'd go as far as to say that she's on the same level as Chandler Novak. She may not have his riches or a company under her name, but she could pass for that type easily.

"No, I'm not upset." She shrugs, curling her lip to appear nonchalant. "If this Amy girl is really that hung up on you, then that's her problem. It's unfortunate for her that you don't share her feelings, but that's not my problem. You're cute and all, Sutton, but I'd never allow myself to be sick over you or any man."

It's not an insult. Her words don't hurt, but this is what I'm talking about. Seren doesn't get angry over silly stuff like this. She'd brush it off, I bet, and move on. I'd expect nothing less from her.

"This is what it's like to have friends?" I grumble, shaking my head.

"Sometimes." Seren brings our hands up to place a kiss on the back of mine. "Look on the bright side. You have an overnight bag so you can stay at mine. There's something we never got a chance to do."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I ask, "What's that?"

Smiling, she shakes her head. "You'll see. In the meantime, we're here."

It's the same bar me and Amy went to the first time. Despite that time being a Friday, there's still a crowd tonight on Wednesday. For me, that's surprising because it's a weekday, not a weekend. It seems people don't mind getting drunk the day before they have to go to work.

Seren and I get out of the car. We walk hand in hand towards the exit. Very few people pay us any mind; they're too caught up with their own business. The ones who do look at us keep their gazes to the beauty on my arm—as cliche as that sounds.

She's wearing a pair of heels, a signature I'm noticing about her. The black shoes compliment her dark purple dress that fits her like a glove. All her curves are hugged in the right places. The icing on top of the cake is the leather jacket she's wearing over it.

Next to her, I look like a chump. One who doesn't know how to dress.

We push our way to a booth where Amy is supposed to be sitting. Low and behold, there she is; a shot is already sitting in front of her. Maybe she can feel us coming because she looks up and stands to her feet at the speed of light. She's not looking at me though. Her gaze is firmly set on Seren, a frown on her face and her eyes narrowed.

When we reach the table, we say nothing as we all take a seat. I slip into the booth first with Seren next to me and Amy sits across from us.

Amy makes the first move. Sticking her hand out, she says, "Hi, I'm Amy."

"It's nice to meet you. You can call me Seren."

This is weird. Amy and Seren stare each other down, though I will say that Seren appears more casual about it. She sits back against the booth seat, her hand tapping a beat on the table. The smile on her face shows nothing but amusement at the redhead in front of her.

On the other hand, Amy looks close to fuming. Her lip is curled and I hope it's not in disgust. She narrows her nut-colored eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. In fear of sounding like a broken record, Amy has never once appeared this angry.

"So, Amy, tell me about yourself." Seren leans forward, smiling at the other woman. "You're a receptionist at No No Technologies, yes? How do you like it?"

Amy's resolve breaks for a moment, almost like she's not expecting the pleasantries from Seren. Shifting awkwardly, she glances at me for just a second. "It's fine. Pays well and doesn't take much to answer the phone. What do you do?"

The smirk on Seren's face becomes devious. "I dance."

"Really?" My coworker sounds underwhelmed. "You... dance?" A scoff leaves her in the form of a laugh. Shaking her head, she looks away.

And again, we seem to be going downhill. Anxiety constricts my throat, and I can't form the proper words. I want to stand up and break whatever this is apart, but the tension chokes me. But I know Seren doesn't need saving from Amy's misguided anger and whatever other negative emotions she's feeling.

"Tell me, Amy, what's funny?" Seren asks, smiling. She leans forward more, plastering an excited and curious look on her face.

"What does Sutton need from a fucking ballerina?" Amy spits, sneering at my girlfriend. "I mean, really? How could he want someone who doesn't make an honest living? Sutton and I work in the same place. Our mindsets are on the same thing, while all you do is frolic around."

"See, that's where you're wrong, Amy." Seren shakes her head, leaning back. Her hand lands on my thigh, patting it as if she knows I'm uncomfortable with everything that's happening. I wouldn't be surprised if she picked up on my emotions. "I never said I did ballet."

"Oh, really? Then what is it you do?" Her tone is mocking as she's already got it set in her mind that Seren is another starving artist.

But that's far from what she is.

"I'm an exotic dancer. I strip."

The words fall from her lips like she was born to say them. There's no hesitation, no stuttering. I look down at Seren and smile at the proud look on her face. Her smirk is humor filled as silence lulls between the three of us. She knows that she's just mind blown Amy, maybe beyond repair.

Seren bites her bottom lip before saying, "Cat got your tongue?"

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.2M 20K 42
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฅ ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐จ ๐€๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ...
6.7M 130K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
240 29 9
**MATURE CONTENT**WEEKLY UPDATES** She has always played things safe... In the wake of a broken engagement that tilts her world on it's axis, Eleanor...
213K 8.4K 119
"Sometimes you run into the right person at the wrong time, and things don't always turn out how there expected to be. There may be love but love doe...