Survivor (#1 The Lost Crown S...

By Sri_1864

Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announc... More

Welcome!!
Prologue
Chapter 1:- A New Beginning
Chapter 2:- Down We Go
Chapter 3:- Coming Back to Senses
Chapter 4:- Things We Do for Love
Chapter 5:- Mates
Chapter 6:- First Mistake
Chapter 8:- Perfect Timing, Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 9:- And Gone is the Blindfold
Chapter 10:- Date??
Chapter 11:- They are Still Around
Chapter 12:- Memorial and Date
Chapter 13:- It's Been Long Enough
Chapter 14:- Back from the Past
Chapter 15:- What Begins in Anger Ends in Shame
Chapter 16:- A New Family
Chapter 17:- The Betrayal
Chapter 18:- To Own Up To My Actions
Chapter 19:- On My Way To Recovery
Chapter 20:- Mending A Few Things
Chapter 21:- Never Too Late To Try
Chapter 22:- A Witch's Potion
CHAPTER 23:- A Little Jealousy Is Not That Bad
Chapter 24:- Looking Over Us
Chapter 25:- A Warning Issued
Chapter 26:- Allies
Chapter 27:- A Sneak Into The Past
Chapter 28:- Now In The Present
Chapter 29:- Turn of Events
Chapter 30:- Vyris To The Rescue
Chapter 31:- Story Time, Minus Popcorn
Chapter 32:- Options and Choices
Chapter 33:- Nobody Touches Her Mate
Chapter 34:- Learning From My Mistakes
Chapter 35:- A Step Towards The Right Direction
Chapter 36:- Annoying Interruptions
Chapter 37:- All Is Not Lost
Chapter 38:- Trying Is All We Can Do Sometimes
Chapter 39:- Mine
Chapter 40:- This Fight Is All Of Ours
Chapter 41:- A Year Older
Chapter 42:- Lineage
Chapter 43:- Becoming One (I)
Chapter 44:- Becoming One (II)
Chapter 45:- Love, Young And Old
Chapter 46:- Haunting Past
Chapter 47:- Truce
Chapter 48:- Another Side of the Story
Chapter 49:- Know The Enemy
Chapter 50:- The Next Step
Chapter 51:- Last Moments of Peace
Chapter 52:- It's Time
Chapter 53:- Infiltrate
Chapter 54:- Facing The Demons
Chapter 55:- Gathering Allies
Chapter 56:- A Life Lost
Chapter 57:- Revelation
Chapter 58:- At The Cost Of What?
Chapter 59:- Unexpected Setbacks
Chapter 60: Fit For A King And Queen
Epilogue
NEW BOOK

Chapter 7:- Confessions and Training

2.5K 85 18
By Sri_1864

"To hell with that stupid agreement"

The moment he entered the room, Xavier felt like someone punched him on his gut, hard. There was his mate, sitting in the bed, her knees pulled back to her chest and her face hidden in it.

Xavier knew she heard him but she didn't say anything. Her body was slightly trembling and Xavier had never felt this strong an urge to hold someone close to him. He closed the door and took a few steps into the room. The rooms were all soundproof and were made keeping in mind the sensitive hearing of the werewolves, but he still didn't wanna risk it.

"Selena," he had barely whispered her name when she suddenly raised her head. Her pretty face was red and teary and Xavier could almost hear his heartbreaking. He stood silently as Selena stood up, her eyes were silver meaning her wolf was out too.

Selena approached Xavier. When she came closer, Xavier realized that her eyes were glowing silver, Izzy was in control, along with Selena. She pushed Xavier against the door with her hand pressed across his chest, and stood right in front of him, only a mere centimetre of a gap between them.

"How dare you," Selena said. Even though she was shorter than Xavier, it didn't bother her right now, "How dare you share such intimates moments with another she-wolf in my presence?"

Xavier opened his mouth to speak but Selena interrupted him, "You disrespected me. You let her kiss you when you know you have a mate and she's right in front of you. You smirked at me before you responded to her moves." She finished.

"I–I didn't realize she would kiss me like that. She's just a friend, we've never had any relations like that so it caught me by surprise, or else I would have...."

"YOU ARE MINE!" She shouted at him, "My wolf, my mate. To hell with that stupid agreement! I don't care even if I have to announce it to everyone. If anyone dares to touch what is mine they will face my wrath. Pack member or not, she won't live to breathe the next second."

Xavier's eyes widened. He should have felt angry to be spoken to like that, but he wasn't. It didn't even bother him. In fact, he loved that. He loved being called hers, he loved being pushed against the wall like that, he loved having her so close, and from the slight pressure he was feeling in his jeans, so did his little member.

He was about to smile but then he heard her next words, "You wanting to take it slow... did it have anything to do with her? Were you preparing to reject me for her?"

"No!" Xavier exclaimed. He swiftly changed the positions in the very next second, Selena now stood against the wall and Xavier held her against it softly. "That thought has never even crossed my mind. You're mine," he said looking straight at her eyes, he saw the exact moment they became moist again, "As I am yours."

"It hurt, Xavier. Seeing you like that, with her, it hurt so much," she whispered.

"I know, I am so sorry," Xavier said as he sighed and rested his forehead on hers, "I just, I was jealous," he confessed.

"What?" Selena asked confused.

"I saw Ryan holding your hand, my wolf..." Zion whimpered in his mind, Xavier knew Selena was the only person who will see his wolf whimpering, "He got jealous, and I acted impulsively."

"Ryan... is your best friend," Selena said. She would have smiled if he hadn't made her cry like that.

"I know," he smiled, "At that moment though I didn't remember that."

Selena sighed, she hanged her head low and even though she didn't mean to do it, her head rested on Xavier's shoulder, "This... agreement," she said, "It won't work..."

Xavier scoffed, well it was mostly because Zion stood smugly in his mind.

"Let's not hide it then. We are both alphas. We can do whatever we want. We're not bringing any harm to pack."

"And the elders?", Selena asked, "I know you have to tell them about me."

"Yes, I have to tell them. I have informed them actually, they will come to visit in some time, mostly on your acceptance day."

"Okay..." Selena sighed and stood up. The anger had now passed, and right now she was only left with hurt and sadness. Selena raised her head and pushed Xavier away slightly.

"I want to start training," she said.

Xavier wasn't surprised, he knew this was something she wanted for some time now, "You can start as soon as you want," he smiled

Selena nodded her head and took a deep breath, "I am tired,"

Xavier too nodded, "I'll leave you to rest then."

He touched her cheeks making her close her eyes. Xavier wished he didn't have to leave her right now, but he willed his mind and took a step back, "Good night, Selena."

"Good night, Xavier."

Xavier left the room when she moved.

'Well, that was quite dramatic for the first day of recognizing each other as mates,' Izzy mumbled and Selena sighed, 'I wonder what the future holds for us.'

____|~.~|____

"Damn, I missed this!" Selena exclaimed.

Ileana scoffed, "I am an alpha's daughter too... but my dad would have been so very proud if I was as enthusiastic about training as you are." She was taking long and ragged breaths as she just finished her run.

There were men and women surrounding them as all of them did the warm-ups. Ryan was the one leading the warm-ups until Xavier arrived.

Selena had finished her run before Ileana as she was there early, she jumped a few times and stretched a bit. Her face was all smiling. She knew she would get tired before the others as it was after two years that she was training again, but she was determined to be back soon.

The crowd around her was also chattering a lot. Ryan was a very chill leader. He just asked them to warm up before the alpha comes. People were laughing and talking to each other but all the while no one stood still. They really did respect their alpha.

"Xavier is a no-nonsense trainer," Ileana said suddenly.

"What?" Selena asked, surprised at the sudden statement.

"Xavier... he believes that training is their key to safety if they face any bad situation. He takes no nonsense when he is training, you have to have full focus. My father is like that too," she smiled.

"That's actually really nice," Selena mumbled.

The crowd around then became quiet as the said man walked into the field. Selena observed him as he walked with steady steps. His head was held high and he didn't look at anyone.

He was wearing sweats and a loosely fitting tank top. His muscular arms were in the open for her to stare at. Last night rushed back to her, she remembered how close she was to her fine specimen of a mate. Her heart eyes became normal as soon as her eyes landed on a certain she-wolf behind Xavier. His gamma, Roy, and Stacy were jogging behind him.

"She follows him everywhere like a lost puppy," Ileana whispered, Selena turned to look at her, "The worst thing is, she will pretend to be a saint in front of Xavier. And he never doubts her. Xavier only thinks of her as another best friend. So you will have to be careful about how to deal with her."

Selena sighed and shook her head as if to shake those thoughts away. She didn't wanna focus on her, she was back to training after a long, long time and she won't let her ruin it.

Xavier stood in front of his people as they all shuffled to stand in lines. His basic routine was to make them practice the techniques of different punches and kicks before they practised basic combat. After that was over, it would be the training for the warriors which will be even more brutal.

Xavier looked around to make sure that everyone was present and his eyes landed on his mate. The girl was standing right in the front row. She was wearing yoga pants and a tank top. He had to visibly try hard to look away from her, making his beta, who was standing behind him, smirk.

The training went pretty well that day, and Xavier was very proud of his mate. It had been four hours, they had taken a ten-minute break after basic training was over and then the warriors continued their training. Selena had been surprised to see Stacy being a warrior too but then she mentally scolded herself for making assumptions.

When training was over, most of the soldiers were down on the ground, panting and catching their breath. Selena had sparred with Ileana and she had really impressed Xavier.

She was just smiling and chatting with Ileana and Ryan was standing a little distance away with the alpha, when Stacy approached the two women.

"You were to be an alpha?" she asked looking straight at Selena. It was a sign of disrespect, staring straight at her eyes challengingly. Ileana and Selena stood up and Ryan and Xavier were also looking at the scene now.

Selena willed her wolf to calm down, this wasn't her pack. She too stood up and looked back at Stacy without blinking, "And my position concerns you how exactly?" Selena raised an eyebrow looking like she couldn't care any less, making Ileana smirk and Ryan stifle his chuckle.

"Well, seeing your training, it's disappointing,"

"Are you challenging me?" Selena asked. Her eyes were right on Stacy's and she knew Izzy was dying to teach her a lesson.

"Fight me," she said, "Let's see if you are worth it."

"Stacy," Xavier said in a firm tone as he walked towards them, the threat from last night clear in his head.

Selena however, wasn't about to let her walk out of the trap this arrogant she-wolf led for herself, "You're on."

Xavier was about to speak, but his wolf urged him to let it happen. He shook his head and looked around to see everyone was already looking at them.

"This fight will be in human form, no shifting into your wolf in between, simple hand combat," Xavier said.

The next second, Stacy jumped at her. Selena had no idea what she was thinking when Stacy literally wrapped her legs around her hips. She laid both her hands on the two sides of Selena's head and her thumbs dug into her eyes. Izzy growled and automatically Selena's hands went to her hair. With a hard tug, her head went backwards giving Selena enough space to punch her jaw. She fell on the ground and turned over her hands and knees while Selena stumbled back, blinking her eyes to get her sight back.

Selena didn't expect her to do that as this was supposed to be friendly combat. Selena was still blinking when Stacy punched her jaw. Selena felt back and Stacy stood over her victoriously, with a smirk.

'Get up,' Izzy growled.

Selena's patience was running thin now. What does this wolf think of herself? She growled in her mind and stood up. Stacy was still smirking at her and started walking over to her. When she was right in front of Selena, she said, "Was that enough?"

"That was not even the beginning," Selena muttered with a grin, just to infuriate her, and used her right leg to hit behind her left knee making her fall down. Her movements were so fast that Stacy missed when she hit her leg. However, she quickly stood up and came forward to punch her opponent. Selena successfully dodged the blow and landed a punch on her stomach. It was followed by another punch that landed once again on Stacy's already bruised jaw.

Stacy took a few steps back, her eyes were struggling to not turn silver, it was clear her wolf was fighting to take over.

She jumped at Selena again and this time Selena moved to the right making her fall over. She is not a very good fighter, stupid for the lack of a better word, Selena thought. She walked over and turned Stacy around only to have her arms wrapped around her neck. She had a good grip, Selena thought, but it wasn't enough to take her down. Selena pinched her wrists hard making her yelp. Stacy let her go immediately only to get held in a headlock by Selena. It was not even two seconds when she started tapping the floor and Selena let her go.

The pack was watching her with their eyes wide open. Xavier looked proud and had a soft smile on his face. However, it was Ileana who came forward and took her in a hug. Selena chuckled and hugged her back.

'She better know her place,' Izzy muttered victoriously. However, Selena couldn't answer as Ileana also spoke at the same time.

"That was so awesome!" she exclaimed.

"That was nothing. It wasn't skilful and it wasn't even that long." Selena said looking at a warrior who started picking up Stacy saying that he's taking her to the nurse. Selena didn't know why though, she didn't even have a broken bone; Selena made sure not to use her full strength.

"You are a great fighter," Xavier said as he placed his hand on Selena's lower back and the girl who just fought someone started blushing like a schoolgirl, making Ryan chuckle, Ileana cheer, and Xavier smirk.

_______________________________________

Please leave a vote and a comment if you liked reading this. Love you all! The next chapter will be up soon. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 2.2K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
1.9M 78.9K 60
"I call bullshit." Digging my finger into his broad chest, I met his intense stare without an ounce of fright, "I've been calling bullshit for the pa...
2.2M 74.4K 49
COMPLETED - (book 2) Updated version now available on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited with an extra bonus chapter at the end! "I stood there for...
169K 5.1K 24
beta jason is a very ruthless beta. of course not as ruthless as his alpha (alpha kane) but he is very feared around the world. his best friends alp...