The Mafia Case {L.S}

By i_read_2_much

Harry Styles. If you saw him in the street you wouldn't know who he is. He works at an intelligence agency kn... More

greetings and warnings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26-ish + some sad news

Chapter 23

2.2K 72 109
By i_read_2_much

the long awaited chapter is finally here omg. i am so sorry this took so long to write. and since this took so long to write i decided to be nice and make this chapter longer than usual. so i hope it is up to your standards and that you enjoy it :)

also, i haven't totally proof read this so sorry if there are any mistakes 

____________________________________________________________

"Yeah,let me just grab my keys and lock the door." Harry replies and turns around, bending over slightly to grab his keys from the bowl by the door. Louis' eyes follow Harry's movements watching as his tall figure hunches over, the muscles of his back moving seamlessly under the light fabric, to reach into the bowl, and how his long, slender fingers wrap around the keys. He can't help but stare with thirst at the way his shirt falls down slightly, revealing the smooth, soft skin underneath, covered in various lines and patterns of ink telling their individual stories, and how the growing shadows seem to move and dance along the exposed skin, underneath the soft glow of the hallway light, with his effortless movements. His eyes quickly snap back up to Harry's face when he turns around and sends him a sheepish smile.

"Let's go then. Zayn is in the car waiting, he'll drive us." Louis says before moving out of Harry's way and letting him pass through the door before closing it and allowing Harry to lock it. Against his better judgement and the soft atmosphere of the moment, Louis rests his hand on the small of Harry's back, guiding him towards the car.Harry slightly shivers at the contact, not un-welcomed, but surprisingly a warm and inviting reminder that he wasn't the only one nervous, if going by the slight tremors in Louis' fingers. He is unable to resist his bodies natural reaction, as his cheeks heat up with a soft blush that blooms and grows on them. He brushes off the tingly feeling in his body and the blush sitting high and proud on his cheeks, telling himself it was because of the heat- but deep inside he knew that was a lie no matter how much he didn't want to admit, yet.

The two of them settle into the back of the car, Louis opting to sit in the back with Harry, instead of the passenger seat, so he could admire him and easily talk to him on the way to the restaurant. There wasn't very much talking however, as Louis looked at Harry, watching the way his eyes flickered with the scenery they passed. He takes in all the details that made Harry, truly Harry. He started at the top of his face, where his forehead had faint lines in them, probably due to the stress that comes with his job,but he still managed to look young and flawless. Next were his eyes.They were a type of green that you would think you could only find in the brightest emerald, and were framed by a set of charcoal lashes that seemed that if you were to touch them they would feel like feathers.His nose was next, jutting out of his face when looking at his side-profile, but ending in a soft, button curve. It was not perfect, no one's ever was, but it was unique and it fit Harry perfectly. Just under his nose was Harry's cupid bow. It curved out just slightly until the beginning of his soft, plush lips that would probably feel like pillows if Louis were to kiss them- what? Louis quickly looks away from Harry's side-profile stopping his racing mind from continuing his current thoughts. Why would he even think about that? They were just old friends, nothing more nothing less.

'Nothing more, nothing less' he says to himself in his head, letting out a deep sigh from the very depths of his lungs.

Louis moves his head to look out his own window not looking back over to Harry. Even though he can feel his curious glances, he wills himself not to look back, until they arrive at the restaurant. He glances side-ways to see Harry staring at him and sends him a slight smile, only consisting of a small curve at the ends of his lips. He watches Harry climb out of the car, then gets out of his own side, holding his handout for Harry to take as he rounds from the other side of the car.

"You okay?" Harry asks, because of course he does. He's kind and caring and all things good and happy, even after all he's been through, and Louis doesn't deserve that. Louis looks away from Harry only to feel the ghost of his fingers reach up under his chin to meet his eyes. As their eyes meet, his breath is knocked out of him as he sees the admiration and kindness, and is that maybe love? It couldn't be. At least not yet. Or ever.Probably the latter.

"I'm fine. Just a long day with work." Louis says, not a complete lie. He hopes Harry can't see past the walls he is building up to hide his emotions. He's always hidden them as part of his job, it's become a natural reflex now. Very few people get to see the overflowing and crowded place of emotions behind those walls. Maybe one day he can let Harry in again.Let him see who he really is as a person, instead of feeling afraid at simple questions, or having to look over his shoulder every second of every day. He sincerely hopes that if Harry sees the walls, and slight lies he doesn't bring attention to it and let's it go,allowing Louis to open up when he's ready.

Louis let's out a sigh of relief he didn't know he was holding when he sees Harry slowly nod, accepting his answer, albeit wearily. "Alright then." Harry says as he takes a step back from Louis. "Care to lead the way? I don't know where we're going."

Louis huffs out a laugh before holding out his arm allowing Harry to lace their arms together before waving goodbye to Zayn, Harry saying a quiet 'thank you' over his shoulder, and pulling him along and into the restaurant.

"Reservation for two under the name Tomlinson." Louis says to the waitress at the front of the restaurant. Her eyes comically widen as she suddenly halts her actions and looks up at Louis as he sends her a slight smirk in reply, amused by her reaction.

"Uhmm,uh, ye- yes, of course, s- sir" She hastily stutters, collecting their menus and utensils, before leading them to a booth in the back.The waitress lays their menus down and hurriedly walks away leaving the two men to seat themselves.

"I knew you were feared, but that was... something else." Harry says with a slight chuckles as he crawls into the booth.

"I guess it comes with the job." Louis shrugs as he takes his seat across from Harry. The two stare at each other for a few minutes, sharing a small smile of contentment. Because that's what they are. Content to have finally found each other again and be near each other.

"What do you want love?"

"I think I'll just have some Spaghetti Bolognese." Harry says, his eyes flickering and scanning over the menu. "You?"

"I'm just going to get some Fettuccine Alfredo. Can never go wrong with that." Louis smiles, before his attention is caught by the approaching waiter.

"Hello gentleman, my name is Ryan and I'll be your waiter tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?" The waiter, Ryan, introduces. Louis pretends not to notice the slight shake in his hands and how his voice seems to be slightly high-pitched and strained, signaling he knows who Louis is.

"Hello, love, can we have a bottle of your most expensive wine?" Louis asks with a sickly sweet smile, ignoring the incredulous look Harry is giving him, in favour of watching the man's reaction to him. He always gets pleasure from watching him fear him. He may be a slight sadist. 

"Of- of course. Coming ri- right up." He stutters before scrambling to leave the table and get the wine. Louis chuckles himself before turning to face a hard-faced Harry.

"What?"

"Louis!" Harry hisses. "Why the fuck are you getting the most expensive thing?!"

"Relax love." Louis laughs. "It's fine. Trust me. I've got more than enough money." Louis says, before resting his hand on top of Harry's on the table and ignoring the slight sparks that shoot up his arm at the contact. He watches as Harry's eyes flicker to where their hands are touching and then back up to Louis' face. He doesn't say anything just stares at him curiously before turning his hand over allowing for Louis to now hold his hand. Neither of them bring attention to the touch of their hands and how good it feels. They just sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before Harry speaks up again. 

"Fine. If you insist-"

"I do."

"But, I will pay for my own portion of the meal, and do not argue with me." 

"Harry you can't be serious." Louis chuckles but stops when he sees Harry's serious expression. "Fine." He reluctantly agrees.

"Great. There's more where that came from." Harry quietly says the last line as he trails his foot slightly up the inside of Louis' leg. And it's now that Louis feels the slight tug in his gut, hinting at his arousal. But, before he can say anything the waiter returns with the wine, asking what they would like to eat. 

Harry orders his Bolognese, talking politely and animatedly to the waiter as if he didn't just say that. When the waiter turns his attention to Louis he orders quickly, taking pity on the frightened waiter and watching as he scurries off once again.

"I think you've got it wrong Hazza. I'm usually the one in charge."

"It's always nice to have a change, is it not?" Harry says with a sarcastically sweet smile. 

"Only one way for you to find out, hmm?" Louis just smirks when he sees Harry's eyes darken a little with arousal. 

They don't have to wait as long for their food to arrive and they share light small talk, both of them finding ways to slip in teasing words or sentences, trying to rile the other up as much as possible. They quickly eat their food, both becoming antsy in their seats finding it hard to sit still without having any type of skin on skin contact with each other. Louis pays for their food, not paying any attention to Harry's whining and pouting about him paying for his food, before he snatches Harry's hand and practically drags him out of his seat and out of the restaurant. Once they're outside Louis takes a deep breath of calm air calming down a little bit before he turns around the corner and pushing Harry against the side wall of the restaurant and crashing their lips together. 

It's nowhere near perfect, their teeth clashing, as they try to find a rhythm that suits them, Harry giggling into Louis' mouth. Soon enough however, their lips are moving rhythmically together, and Harry's lips feel soft and plush just like Louis imagined. He swipes his tongue along Harry's bottom lip and doesn't miss the light, airy moan he let's out before opening his mouth and meeting Louis' tongue halfway. Their tongues dance together, taking in the feel and taste of each other's mouth for as long as possible.

"I told you I'm usually the one in charge." Louis huskily whispers into Harry's mouth and makes eye-contact with him before diving back in. Harry's hands are holding Louis' face as Louis' arms bracket his head and his body pushing Harry further into the wall. With both of them too caught up in snogging the life out of each other, they both miss the person walking up to them and pulling a gun out. It's too late and they're both stunned when they hear the gunshot. Harry' cries out in pain as the bullet pierces his shoulder and Louis hisses, as it just grazed his shoulder. This was the one time he didn't like the slight height difference because the bullet just missed him but now Harry's shoulder was bleeding and blood was staining his satin shirt as Harry grit his teeth in pain.

Louis quickly turns around face to face with Nick Grimshaw. He wastes no time in pulling out his gun and aiming to shoot Nick, but Nick had run into the crowd of people leaving the restaurant just before Louis could pull the trigger. He quickly turns around to find that Harry had slid down the wall and was now sitting down with a hand applying pressure to the wound and trying to stay conscious with the blood loss. 

"It's okay, Sun. I'm going to get some help, don't worry" Louis tells Harry calmly even though on the inside he is seething. He can't wait to dig his fingers into Nick's eyes. 

____________________________________________________________

so.. don't hate me about hazza :(

thoughts? did you guys enjoy this chapter? what do you think Louis is going to do now?

don't forget to comment and vote.

all the love,
-H x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 126 16
Harry and Louis have the perfect relationship. They laugh together, cry together, kiss and dance together. They're in heaven. Behind closed doors. I...
345K 13.3K 32
Harry Styles is a loner with social anxiety and a boring life. His past constantly mocks him and he has a severe self harm addiction that nobody, not...
69.5K 2.7K 42
**FINISHED! CURRENTLY FIXING ERRORS** Late night, guys night, some drinks, a boy named Louis Tomlinson thought that was the only thing that was gonna...
426K 11K 101
💙💚 COMPLETED 💚💙 Louis is your typical fanboy, with a sporty edge. He absolutely adores Harry Styles. His Instagram page is dedicated to Harry. Ha...