Frost and Flames [GxG]

By apwwrites

Neve, a lonely girl surrounded by people, but no one knew the truth. The truth people have died to protect. I... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 15

10.3K 516 81
By apwwrites

Neve's POV

I wake up warmer than I've ever been before. The warmth is welcoming, lulling me back into a peaceful sleep. That is, until I remember I don't get warm.

Knowing who the culprit must be, I open my eyes to be met with the face of the person I was expecting. Ember. Her amber eyes staring down at me, her darker complexion contrasting deeply with my pale one.

I scowl, wondering how she ended up in my bed.

Seeing my scowling face, she says sarcastically, "Good morning, sunshine."

I roll my eyes, before feeling my cheeks heat up at the compromising position we're in. I'm laying on her chest, my face tucked into her breasts. Her arms are surrounding me, pulling me closer, while my arms are around her waist.

Scrambling out of her hold, I ask, embarrassed, "How did I get here? Why were you in my bed?"

I'm on the opposite side of the bed, distancing myself so I'm not entranced by her presence.

She sits up before stretching her tired limbs. "I quite liked our position, come back please?" She asks innocently, giving me puppy dog eyes, the warmth in her gaze unexpected.

Contemplating it, I decide to go out on a limb and climb back into her hold. "Fine. But now you have to answer my questions."

"I carried you back to bed, but you wouldn't let go. You were quite adorable, clinging on to me," she teases. "But in all seriousness, you asked me to stay, so I did."

Certainly not remembering that, I look at her suspiciously, but don't see any clue that she is lying.

"I'm telling the truth."

I facepalm, not being able to hide my embarrassment. How sleepy was I to ask her to stay with me? Now she knows I like her.

"You know... you said you could be quite aggravating, but I don't see it. You are more... cute." Ember looks into my winter gray eyes, before placing her hand on the side of my face. "You have no idea what you are doing to me."

My cheeks heat up even more, the insinuation of her comment getting to me. Maybe she feels the same way about me that I do her?

My thoughts are interrupted by a phone ringing. It can't be mine as I do not own one. Ember pulls her phone out of her pocket, answering it with a sigh.

"What's wrong Daniel?" She asks annoyed. She pauses to listen to what he has to say. "What? Are you serious? I'll be right over."

Ember looks at me, seemingly reluctant to leave. "Will you be okay by yourself? We have business to attend to and can't drive you to school."

Dodging her question, I ask, "What type of business?"

Her eyes harden as she says cooly, "Nothing that concerns you."

"I'm supposed to be a part of the gang now. It does concern me," I say angrily, not liking how she is treating me. I should be included in the gang affairs if I'm going to help defeat the Hunters.

Her gaze softens before she says, "I know... I know. I just don't want to put you in danger. The business I have to deal with is dangerous, and I feel the need to protect you. Oddly enough, I don't want you to get hurt. So please, try to just focus on getting better physically and mentally before worrying about other things."

Pausing, I look at her, surprised. "You don't want me involved so I don't get hurt?"

"Yes. I care too much about you." With that, she leaves the room. Stunned, my mind races, trying to comprehend what just happened.

It may be hard to admit, but I care about her too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

836K 41.3K 65
[NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON! You can buy it here: http://bit.ly/ColdFireBUY] [*SAMPLE ONLY* LAST 10 CHAPTERS REMOVED] [A Wattpad featured novel] Melissa...
4K 381 37
DO NOT COPY OR USE THIS BOOK AS A FANFIC. PLEASE. It is time for Esme to step into the light. Let's learn about her past, what made her turn to dar...
9.4K 974 50
She's dead by the third chapter. Okay, it's a bit more complicated than that. Okay, it's A LOT more complicated than that. Renata wants nothing more...
197K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...