Not Your Ordinary Millionaire...

Por 2129887Hb

After losing her job, witnessing her boyfriend under the covers with another, and throwing up on a stranger... Mais

Driving All Day And Night
The Office
Meeting One Another
Voice Of An Angel
Contract Of Marriage
Taking A Day Off
Dinner With The Hallidays
Decorating For Christmas
New Years Phone Calls
Flirting
Being Sick
Shopaholic For A Wife
Kissing And Canning Jam
Jealous Husband
Valentines Ball
Stress
New York
Cheating On One Another
I Just Won't Tell You
Happy Birthday
Forgiveness
Easter
A Second Engagement
The Press Conference
Mother's News
Doubt
An Unrequited Love
His Side of the Story
Treating Harry
First Trip Together
Decietful Liza
A Break from Josie
My Thing with Ryan
We Just Don't Belong Together
Sophia
Trust
Sophia's Secret
Epilogue

All Alone

1.8K 58 2
Por 2129887Hb

*Harry*

Once back in Washington, I got an apartment. Because I didn't want to be stuck with the memories of Josie at the house. Her and I were only together for roughly six months and now I was looking at divorce papers.

Her and Ryan are going to make a good couple and good parents. I said to myself as I signed the divorce papers.

Divorce papers. Never in my life did I ever think I'd end up like my parents. Make their same mistake.

The end!

No I'm just kidding 😜

I was so caught up in signing a contract that I got married without even knowing the girl. I'm such an idiot.

Quickly, I sent in the papers early the next morning then went to work having to put out an application for a new assistant.

I kept myself busy all day trying to ignore headlines in magazines about me and Josie.

I just wanted to forget all about her and the baby.

I wanted to erase every moment I called her and that baby mine.

I want to tear that part of my life up and throw it away, never to see it again nor think about it.

I stayed over hours, something I'd stop doing after marrying Josie, and stole into my secret stash of alcohol in my office.

I drank until I felt numb.

I missed the feeling.

It was comforting.

It only took me three days to fall back into my old routine. Eating an apple a morning with some coffee then drinking until I was so wasted I forgot my own name.

Work was piling up even though I was working overtime. Liza wasn't there to help me and I wasn't giving any guy or girl the time or day when they applied for her spot.

I didn't know what to think any more. I was stuck back where I started all those months ago. I had no purpose. I stopped thinking about Josie because I realized that she didn't love me as much as I thought I loved her. Maybe once she did, but she's happily together with her baby's father. As she should be.

After four weeks of suffering in my own stupidity, I got an email from my grandfather's lawyers about his inheritance and the home he left behind. I made a quick decision and was on the first flight to England.

I left a few people in charge while I took a little vacation to see my grandmother and my own father. I need my dad right now.

*****

Hours later I landed in my native land and immediately found my dad holding a sign with our last name on it. I smiled for the first time in weeks and shook my head.

My dad spotted my body coming towards him and a broad smile appeared on his old face.

We embraced and he patted my back. I noticed he had shrunk since the last time I saw him and I was now taller than him. He had also lost a few pounds and looked even older.

"Ah, my son has finally come home." His rich accent pierced my ears and I realized how much I missed my dad.

"It's good to see you." I responded. Still holding him close. Being in my father's arms gave me such comfort that I felt like a little kid again. I felt tears wanting to break through but held them back. "I missed you, dad." I choked.

"I missed you, too, Harry." He patted my back again and rubbed it some until he broke our embrace. He helped me with my luggage then it was out to the car.

Once out of the airport, I took in the smell of England. I kind of missed it. But I also like Seattle still. Just something about America with its dream like qualities made my entrepreneur life more real. England made me feel old and out of touch and deprived of opportunity. But I'm here with my dad and actually very far from my mom. So it's a bonus right now.

We drove to the childhood home I grew up in as I watched out the window all the streets that I had almost forgotten in the six years of being gone. Once we were home, my dad helped me with my luggage to my room. I had a large suitcase, a small one, and a carryon. I walked into my old bedroom and laughed at it being unchanged.

I then helped my dad with dinner and we sat at the table laughing about the good old days. Good old days went back to when I was twelve, right after my mom left us.

"So, tell me. What's new? You haven't called me in almost a year! And I haven't seen you in six! Come on, Harry. I'm your dad! I didn't even know you were this skinny." I chuckled.

"Sorry." I looked down at my empty dinner plate then sighed heavily, gearing up the courage to tell my dad the events of the past year.

"I got married—"

"What!" A mixture of shock and anger crossed his face. "Why didn't you tell me!? You better not have invited your mother and not me!" I chuckled again and shook my head.

"No, I didn't. It was a private marriage at a court house."

"Well why didn't you tell me!?"

"It was a cover up marriage for work."

"Was?"

"Yeah, four weeks ago we divorced."

"What? Just like that?" I nodded. "Well, if it was for work or public image then you must have not liked the girl then. It was an easy divorce." I looked at my dad and the tears were at it again in wanting to break past the dam I had created upon seeing him earlier. My father's face fell realizing the situation.

"You loved her, didn't you?" I didn't answer as I looked away taking in a deep breath and releasing it. "What happened?" He asked.

"Well," I was on the verge of tears, "I married Josie before Christmas. She was pregnant and needed a home, and I was in a bind and needed a wife. The plan was: I was going to make her a Star—man, she has the voice of an angel, father, I've never heard someone sing so beautifully before. While I made her a star she was to be my moral support and public image of a wife for me and my company. I told her I would be working a lot and shouldn't expect me to be the perfect husband. She accepted that. But ... she grew on me and soon, our fake relationship turned into a real one. Months into our marriage, I went to Singapore for a business trip and got waisted and got framed with sleeping with another woman. The video was leaked to Josie while she was in New York visiting her dad. Her ex-boyfriend also lives there and she took her first opportunity at getting back at me. She slept with the man and the person who framed me found out about her. Then, at the Easter ball, it was revealed to the both of us. However, I already knew because I had caught her baby daddy trying to text and call her.

"Father, I felt so stupid and foolish for forgiving her. I just ... I guess I just wanted that perfect wife. I didn't want her cheating on me get in the way of me coming home from work everyday to the smell of cookies and kisses all over or waking up in the morning to a beautiful face and a goodbye kiss before setting off to work." I heavily sighed and slumped in my chair.

"We were once again the perfect couple. But then my secretary scheduled a trip to New York where her ex was waiting for Josie. Apparently my assistant was in love with me and planned the whole thing out with Josie's ex-boyfriend. He caught her alone and caught them making out. She still had feelings for him. I then said we needed a break and I slept with my secretary. Josie was gone in the morning and a few days later sent divorce papers to my address in Seattle." Before I could stop it, a tear drew down my thin face.

"It's over now." I wiped at my face like a man and huffed a pathetic smile at my dad, only to replace it with sorrow.

"I'm sorry, son,"

"So that's what's been going on. And now, I'm alone. My assistant quit and I no longer have a wife or child on the way."

My dad looked away not knowing what to say to my pathetic story.

"Dad, you were wrong. Not all women want a rich man to be happy."

He sighed then stood up and began picking up the plates from the table then walked over to the sink. I watched him clean off the table then start on the dishes. I reluctantly got up and began putting the left over food away.

Once everything was done, my dad grabbed the keys and said, "How 'bout we get a drink." I agreed and soon we were at a bar that my dad had frequented when my mother had left us.

My dad ranted once really drunk about his stupid marriage to my mom and how I myself was better off without a woman in my life.

"All they do is tear you apart and drain you of money and time!" He rasped with blood-shot eyes and terrible breath. I nodded, too drunk myself to say anything. We sat at a bar where another gentleman was agreeing with my father.

"Women, God's worst creation!" The man said. My dad nodded. "Married twenty years!" He went on. "The darn witch wanted a divorce in which she stole the car, dog, and tv."

"Damn her," my father cursed.

"Bloody," I slurred as I drank from a brown bottle. The man had a cigarette and allowed me to take a drag. I hadn't smoked since college. Only at parties I did. I never let it become a habit like I had allowed alcohol to be. I took another sip of alcohol and thought about all the stupid moments I called Josie and her baby mine. Holding her in my arms and even talking to the little guy had me laughing at myself and taking another drag.

"Rat-arsed I am!" My father laughed. I chuckled. I was drunk, too. Really drunk. I quickly finished up the stranger's cigarette and asked him for another. He gave me a pack then left. I shoved them into my jean's pocket and went back to drinking.

"Son," my dad slapped a hand onto my shoulder. "You need to find a girl tonight." He looked around. "Why don't you go and dance with the pretty ladies over there?" I smirked and shook my head.

"I don't bloody dance."

"Oh come on. You're pissed. You need to release some anger."

"Sod off."

"I'm not going to back off until you find a pretty girl."

I hiccuped and looked around the bar for a descent woman that wasn't lookin' like a hooker or a slut.

Then I saw her. Bright blond hair, light makeup, curvy frame, black modest cocktail dress, and creamy skin.

I stumbled off the stool I was on with a cigarette in my mouth and two drinks in my hands. My dad cheered me on but my heart fell as I made my way to her when I saw a guy sit down beside her with his arm around her seat.

I drew up courage and placed a handsome smirk on my face. Josie always said I had a way of sounding sexy when I wanted to.

The girl was obviously not interested in the guy and that boosted my confidence.

I placed one of my drinks in front of her, getting both of their attention. "Name's Harry," I sat down beside her putting an arm around her shoulder. I put the other bottle on the table and took the cigarette out of my mouth. I smiled at the girl and she looked really nervous. I wondered how old she was.

"Hi," she kindly smiled, "Sophia."

The man glared at me.

"Let me guess, muppet," I mocked at him, "you didn't even get as far as to know her name." He grunted and got up and left. "You're welcome," I said. Sophia shook her head.

"Thanks I guess. However, he seemed like a nicer guy than you."

"I'm a nice guy. But girls like the bad boys." She smirked.

"I guess you're right." I took a drag and offered it to her. "Oh, no, thank you but I don't smoke. Nor do I drink." She gestured to the bottle I had placed in front of her. She had also ignored the drink the guy had bought for her.

"Well then, more for me." I squished the cigarette in an ash tray and opened a bottle. "I don't smoke either. I mean, I did in college but quit. But tonight this random guy gave me a whole pack." I took out the pack and shook my head. I looked around me, then tapped a random guy's shoulder. He saw the pack and took it without any words. I smiled at Sophia and she just shook her head with a pretty smile.

"You're something else, Harry."

"I am, aren't I?"

"How much have you had to drink tonight?" I shrugged.

"I'm just trying to forget my ex-wife."

"Is that supposed to get me to feel bad for you? You are not married."

"I'm not married. Just got divorced."

"I don't believe you." I chuckled.

"I don't need you to believe me. I'm just telling you why I'm here. What's your story?"

"A good response would be that I'm here for the free drinks," I laughed, "but I already told you I don't drink."

"Indeed you did, so what's the truth?"

She looked me in the eyes with her plain brown ones. "To get laid."

"What a coincidence, so am I!" She laughed. "How old are you?"

"Twenty."

"Phew, you're young."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-seven. Will be twenty-eight in August." She nodded but never let that pretty smile leave her face. There was something different about her smile. She didn't have perfect teeth. "I like your teeth." Actually I liked her confidence in showing them off. She obviously didn't care about their appearance with the way she was showing them off.

"I like your ears!" I cupped one ear and scoffed, thinking of all the times I hated whenever Josie yanked on them.

"Yeah? Just don't pull on them. I hate that." She nodded as if the information I was feeding her was important.

After a moment of silence she piped up, "Do you want to get out of here?" I gave her a devilish grin and nodded.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.3K 114 10
𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨 Book 1 in the 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 Series. 𝗥𝗜𝗬𝗔𝗭...
5.1M 191K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
77.4K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...