Shadow

By Awkward_Darkness

Everyone hates and ignores Mark Hall, except his two siblings...and the shadow that encourages him to kill th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue

Chapter 7

66 23 125
By Awkward_Darkness

Um...did I mention that the story contains suicidal thoughts?
___________________________

Anger.

It was all Mark could feel as he threw the plate in his hands at his father with all his force. Everything then seemed to become silent and slow, like everything around him had gone into slow motion to watch the plate slowly makes it way in the air to smash into his father's face. 

As he watched the plate get closer and closer to his father's face to the point his father would be seconds from screaming out in pain, it directed itself to the wall.

Make missed.

The plate smashed into the wall, breaking into many pieces that flew everywhere and landed on the ground of the dinning room. That was when everything and everyone was completely silent, not uttering a word, only full of shock.

"You missed," The shadow said, angrily as it voice rose. "You fucken missed!"

Damn it! Mark thought, clenching his hands.

"Did you just try to throw your plate in my face?" His father asked slowly as he walked towards him with a deadly glint in his eyes.

"Yes," Mark answered truthfully, also taking a step forward, not caring what next would happen to him.

"So, in a way, you tried to kill me?" His father asked, getting closer.

"Yes," Mark answered again, taking another step forward as well.

"You little piece of fucken shit!" His father screamed at Mark as he directed his clenched fist at him, about to punch him.

"No!" Mark's mother screamed, but quickly covered her mouth with her hands.

His father snapped his head sideways, staring daggers at his mother. "What did you just say?" His father asked her, stopping himself from punching him.

"Y-you do know t-that Kayla a-and Jamie are upstairs?" His mother nervously said after a moment, which made Mark confused.

"So what?" His father asked, angrily.

His mother was about to speak, but didn't get a chance because Mark punched his father as a distraction. He knew something was different about her and thought asking her more later, so he didn't want her to be hurt because she was just trying to defend him.

"Ugh!" The shadow grumbled, frustrated with him for doing something nice.

"Did you just hit me?" His father asked, cracking his knuckles.

"Idiot," The shadow laughed.

"Yes, I did," Mark answered, ignoring the shadow that kept laughing out loud, slowly getting to point of struggling to breathe properly.

Have you gone mental or what? Mark asked, irritated.

"Nope! You have!" It said, laughing louder.

"Shut up!" Make yelled, glaring at the shadow that placed itself behind his father.

His father didn't question him, instead, he punched Mark in the stomach with anger written across his face and then punched him in the face. Mark kicked his father's legs, only feeling the need to kill him rage inside.

Able to balance himself from the attack, his father kicked his face, making him cry out and spit out a loose bloody tooth from his mouth in anger. It then went on with punches and kicks directed at each other, but never bringing any of them down to the ground.

Surprisingly, Mark felt hardly any pain.

"You can thank me later," The shadow said, proudly.

Mark's father was about to punch him once again but his mother grabbed her glass from the table and threw it at the same wall the plate was smashed, making them both freeze.

"Let go of our son, Gary!" His mother yelled.

Mark's father looked shocked from her sudden ordering, but quickly snapped out of it and looked at him. He looked at the left arm his father was holding tightly with his nails digging into his skin painfully, and then looked up with a glare. Quickly letting him go, he father looked up at his mother, confused.

"And go to your room, Mark!" His mother yelled, pointing a trembling finger at the hallway that lead to his room.

"Fine," Mark said, storming out of the room how his father would, not really in the mood to loose another tooth.

Angry, Mark slammed his bedroom door shut as loud as he could, hoping they could hear how he felt at the moment. Dumping himself on his bed like he always did after every school day, he stared at the roof of his room with the same glare still clear on his face through the darkness of his room.

Fucken bastard, Mark thought, angrily.

"I completely agree," The shadow said, happily.

"Shut it," Mark snapped as he sat up and stared at his hands, feeling all his rage run through his veins.

"Never!" It respond, staying in place at his closed door.

"Why?" Mark asked with a small tone after a long moment passed of silence.

"Hm?" It said, clearly lost in it's own thoughts.

"Why me?" He asked.

It didn't say anything as it stood more still than usual.

"Why the fuck did you fucken choose me!" Mark raised his voice to a loud yell as he stood up from his bed, glaring angrily at the shadow.

"Choose? There was no damn choosing involved!" The shadow answered with a frustrated tone in it's voice.

"What do you mean?" Mark asked, sightly surprised it was finally giving him extra detail of it's existence.

"I was always with you," The shadow answered, it's tone softening. "Since the day I showed myself to you and since the day you were born. I have never left you."

"Huh?" Mark stared at the shadow, unsure how to react to what it had said.

So it's part of me? Mark wondered, feeling slightly dizzy from his discovery.

"That's it! I don't want to reveal anymore!" The shadow yelled, turning around as it crossed it's arms.

"No! You will fucken reveal more or I will...um..." Mark trailed off, knowing that there was no way to destroy the shadow.

The shadow laughed, angering him.

"Will you stop laughing!" Mark yelled at the shadow.

"Why? What's wrong with me laughing?" It asked, turning around.

"Because it's so fucken irrigating!" He answered with a yell, covering his ears with his hands as it continued to laugh.

"Why would the heck would laughing be irritating?" It snorted, it's laugh becoming slightly disoriented.

Not bothering to answer, Mark sat down with his back against his wall, staring at the carpet of his floor as he listened to it's irritating laughing.

"I...can't...stop...laughing...!" The shadow said between laughs that seemed neverending.

All he them could hear was it's undying laughs, growing louder and louder, irrigating him so much that it made him stand up and storm toward the shadow. He punched the shadow, but instead he hit the wall since the shadow was untouchable.

"Shut the fuck up!" He screamed at the shadow, punching the shadow that ended up being the hard wood of the door, hurting his knuckles.

"And why should I do that?" The shadow asked, amused.

Slowly reaching the ground, the shadow made it's way behind him to the wall he had rested his back on. It looked at him with it's arms crossed, almost seeming like it was smiling in amusement.

"Ugh!" Mark covered his ears tighter as it laughed out loud once again like the entire world had turned into one big joke.

Tired, Mark got up and tried to ignore it's abnormal laughing but it didn't stop himself from hearing it still. He threw himself on his bed and grabbed a pillow to place over his head to block it's laughing.

Silence then covered the room, as well as it darkened, making Mark feel like he was drowning into a pit of darkness and sadness, unable to be saved due to loneliness.

Tears already began to race down his cheeks, just like they did every other day of the life he wished were wiped clean from the face of the world already.

Why I don't I do it myself? Mark thought, slightly liking the idea of being alive no more and not have to deal with problems he must face every single day. Why don't I just kill myself?

"Don't even think about it, Mark," The shadow said with a hint of care in it's voice, taking him out of his thoughts. "It's not worth it."

"Not worth it? What is even my life worth living for? Do you even know what the fuck I'm even going through?" Mark asked, yelling loudly in frustration.

"Mark..." It trailed off, unsure what to say next.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" Mark screamed at him, grabbing his lamp that sat on the drawer at the right side of his bed and threw it at him.

There must me some fucken way to kill this damn thing! Mark thought, unable to control himself from walking up to the shadow in rage and kicking the floor which it rested on.

"Mark! Stop!" The shadow pleaded, but not in pain.

"Never!" Mark screamed at it as he continued to stomp on the ground like never before, which did nothing to hurt the shadow that remained on the floor.

"Mark! Listen to me!" It tried pleading again but it did nothing to stop him from beginning to stomp onto its head.

"This is what you fucken deserve!" Mark grabbed the broken lamp off from the floor and smashed it right onto the shadow's face, lost completely in the rage he felt that made him forgot how unbeatable the shadow was.

"Mommy, what is wrong with Mark?" Jamie asked with concern from the room next to Mark's, taking him out of all the rage building inside him.
________________________________

Hello Wattpaders!

Guess what? This is the longest chapter and the best chapter I have ever written! Well, maybe not you but it is for me! Also, I have entered an awards for Shadow, so wish me luck!

Okay, so, what do you think of this chapter?

Well, now you know that Mark really did kill Jessie...or did he? Dun! Dun! Dunnn!

Also, do you think the shadow will say more? And what do you think will happen next? Oh and what do you think is going on with his mother, like, why is she helping him?

You're probably sick of me asking questions, but I am very curious of what you all think!

But, anyways, I have something to say that is probably concerning to most:

I'm.....IN LOVE! (Have I already said that?)

Before I began writing the story, I didn't really like the story but did it for experience. Never had I thought I would love writing this story! But, sadly, soon it will end...in like five or more chapters, excluding the epilogue.

Okay, I better zip my mouth or else you'll be scrolling for a long time, so see you all next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

745K 19.2K 39
Tomorrow is the day Abby's twin brother Aiden finds his mate. Abby has always been jealous of her brother because of his wolf genes. He's the school'...
255 41 17
"those are the darkest ones! cursed to kill us all!" eonrea is a princess. she loves to read and knows that the law keeps us all together. but now ki...
1.5M 30.9K 24
Bella has an older sister and younger brother, she hasn't seen her sister in nearly 3 years and only seen her brother a couple of times. It's her wed...
PSYCHO By SILENT OBSERVER

Mystery / Thriller

17 0 5
MISUNDERSTANDING, KILLING, MURDER, SUICIDE, SELFHARM, KILLING OWN FAMILY, LOVE, HATE, KIDNAP, FORCE, FRIENDS, TRAGIC PAST, STALKING.