Realities: Damian Wayne One-s...

By gacuseni2

Just some Damian Wayne centric one shots. Some angst and fluff. (Now if I realice it it's mostly angst lol) R... More

Still with us
Overstrain
Consequences
Unworthy
Laberynth
Sick
Its nothing to be ashamed of
Flashbacks
Requests
Consequences 2
Mourning
Growing up
Father and son
Decisions
They do
Lazarus dependance
Lazarus dependance part 2
Overprotective
Tim part 1
Tim part 2
Scar
School part 1
School part 2
Author's note

Death memories

5.3K 119 54
By gacuseni2

Damian was like, nope bitch. Like he didn't give a dam or even changed his face lmao.

I was about to publish this one shot when the internet of the entire neighborhood decided to go off because of  some vandalism...so yeah.
Also this one is a bit larger than normally, but not too much. And yes I should be doing my final project right now.

The scene of Jason and Damian was inspired by a mini comic I saw on Instagram, but I don't remember who made that fanart.

It had all been a Monday morning. Pennyworth didn't woke up him to go to that he'll called school.

Last night his father and him had been patrolling, there hadn't been nothing much, at least to a place like Gotham, so they had ended it early so Damian could sleep some more before school.

Which was weird because when he woke up classes had already started, he should be in Spanish class by now, and his father hadn't said anything about missing school, his father was actually always reminding him the importance of school when Damian tried to convince his father he didn't need to go.

So yeah, it was disturbing to say at least that they had let him sleep instead of taking him to school.

Damian feared the worst when he realized he didn't heard anyone in the manor.

He jumped out of bed, noticing his pets were not at his side.

Maybe Pennyworth took them out and the rest are asleep? He thought.

Damian still went out of his room to check on his family. Not that he would admit that they were.

"Pennyworth? Drake? Father?" He called as he walked to the stairs.

He didn't found Alfred at the kitchen, and all of his father's cars were parked, which me at that Drake and his father weren't at WE.

After searching for them for a couple of minutes more he heard Pennyworth coming up from the cave.

"Master Damian, I see you're awake, I was just about to go and check on you."

"Tt, Pennyworth why didn't you wake me up for school?"

The butler was about to answer when Drake entered the room.

"Alf, we shouldn't let Damian see the vide-" He looked up from his phone "Oh..."

"Oh what Drake? What am I not supposed to see?"

Drake tried to deny what he said, he was clearly covering the cave entrance, he was hiding something.

"Drake is father in there? What is he doing?"

"Uh nothing he was just working on a case you know? Doing stuff"

Damian didn't believed him a bit.

The boy ran towards the cave entrance, jumping Alfred, he managed to dodge Tim as the older boy was clearly slow because of sleep deprivation.

His father didn't noticed when he arrived.

"Father? Wha-What are you doing?" Damian asked as he saw the files about his mother and grandfather, his father was writing something in them.

"Damian! I didn't knew you were awake..."

Damian ignored the comment as he approached the computer.

Thalia Al Ghul
Status: Deceased
Caused of dead: Sword injury.

Ras Al Ghul
Status: Deceased
Cause of death: Sword injury.

"Father, what do you mean with deceased?" Damian tried as hard as possible to sound normal. He didn't knew why he asked, it was obvious what it meant, but some childish part of himself refused to believe it.

"I-I was going to tell you at breakfast..."

Damian stayed quiet shaking his head multiple times, refusing to believe it.

"Drake mentioned a video..." Damian finally talked. "Is it about-?" He didn't finished his sentence, he didn't needed to, his father understood him.

"You don't have to watch it son."

Damian ignored him, and got into the computer, a video was open in another window, it showed the HQ of the League at Nanda Parbat.

The place was almost completely destroyed, multiple bodies were laying on the floor, some of them were not even complete, there was fire, and rests of an explosion, in the middle of the place her mother and grandfather were kneeling, his grandfather was barely conscious, but Damian could understand him speaking in Arab, he was threatening them, telling them he would come back as always, that he would get revenge.

The men had killed Thalia after she had insulted them in more than three languages, they had pierced her with a sword right through the chest, it took just a couple of seconds before she felt completely to the ground, Damian tried to not cry as he continued watching the video.

They had made the same thing with his grandfather, the only difference was that they pierced his stomach, leaving him alive for a couple of seconds more, maybe even a minute or two.

"Now old Ras, tell me, how will you come back, if there is no body to heal?" They had asked in Arab.

Ras had opened his eyes, the men were already getting picked up by others.

And that's when his grandfather died, and a huge explosion followed it. The speed of the video increased, it probably took hours before the fire ended, there was nothing much but ashes, no body to heal and rescue, no body to get into the Lazarus put and revive them.

Damian started crying quietly, tears falling down, there wasn't even a way to differentiate the ashes of the place he once called home to the ashes of the people he once called family.

He started crying louder, his father approached him, he just stepped away, shaking his head in denial.

"It...this can't be true they-" Damian didn't even finished his sentence before he forced himself to stop crying. "I'm going to be in my room father." He said with a serious tone, Bruce knew his son needed space, he would talk to him later that day.

That moment didn't arrived.

Damian had been avoiding the rest of them during the day, skipping breakfast, lunch, and diner, Alfred didn't said anything to him as the boy seemed so...dull.

A day turned into a week, and Damian stayed the same, Bruce had to call Dick, who was going to arrive in a couple of days.

Damian felt empty, he could feel so many emotions, but at the same time he felt nothing. He wanted to scream, cry, fight, he was cold and angry at the world.

He hated the cold air of November, it was nothing like the desert back when he was training at the league. Cold was never a thing unless he was sent to a mountain or to train at another location.

Mother and him would usually go around and walk through the soft sand.

"Ibn" She had said once during those walks. "Can you see all of this? Do you see the sand, the sky and the city? Do you feel it? Do you smell it?"

At the moment it had been a normal smell and feeling, now Damian could barely remember it, the same way he could barely remember sweet moment with her mother.

"This, my son, is all going to be yours my prince, you will rule all of it, you will become my Alexander, and you will do great things Damian, I know you are destined for it."

Damian had felt proud, he had been 5 at the time, and it was the last year before her mother changed with him and his advanced training started.

They had slides through the sand dunes that day, not bothering about grandfather and the league, not bothering about the future that was waiting for them, they had just been mother and son, just that simple, playing in the sand and taking a break from their lives in a visit to the city.

Damian grabbed his katana harder, letting tears fall down as he remembered the green eyes of her mother, and the warmth of the sun back then.

He screamed and started cutting trees and bushes in half, letting everything out.

"Damian" He heard his father calling him.

He stopped with his sword, but he didn't looked at his father.

"Son, come here, look at me please."

Damian refused for a couple of minutes, but finally he looked at his father's eyes.

Bruce could see those normally bright emerald green eyes being dull, more gray than normal. But he could see the tears falling from them. It broke his heart to see one of his sons like that.

And the fact that Damian cruised awfully quiet and was trying to not show it disturbed him.

"Oh Dames, come here." He said.

Damian approached, standing in front of him, he didn't threw himself to his father's arms, but Bruce took away his katana, not wanting his son to hurt himself intentionally or by accident in that state, and he lowered himself to his height and placed a hand on Damian's shoulder.

"It's ok Damian, you can cry, it's going to be ok. I promise." Bruce hugged his son and Damian hugged him back sobbing.

They stayed in there for some time, and when he finally let go, Damian could say he was feeling just a bit better.

The next time was with Drake, just a few hours later.

Tim was at the library, he was near the fireplace, which was turned off, and he was reading some old books during a snowstorm.

He was too distracted in his reading to notice when the kid entered to the place.

Tim didn't noticed he was in there until he heard a book falling from a shelf that Damian was trying to get.

Damian finally grabbed a book, it was one of the few that Bruce had bought in Arabic for Damian, because it was one of his first languages, and also so the rest of the family could practice the language.

The boy was just the same as he had been during the last week, he was too quiet even to fight with Tim, not that Tim would fight him just after he lost his mother and grandfather.

Even though Tim didn't understood why the kid was so affected, he hadn't talked with them in almost more than a year as far as Tim knew, and they had abused him during almost his entire life, even when Damian didn't wanted to acknowledge it.

Not that Tim would tell Damian, he had grown enough to know when it was better to shut up,

After a couple of minutes of Tim watching Damian reading he could see the boy was clearly shivering.

Tim rolled his eyes and turned on the fireplace, because obviously the boy was too goddamn proud to turn it on.

Tim sat again, but closer to Damian, who stayed quiet reading before finally saying quietly.

"Thank you..." Tim blinked twice to try to convince himself he wasn't dreaming, and he wasn't going to ask the kid again because he would deny it.

"I didn't do it for you...it was getting pretty cold here." He lied, Damian thanked that in silence, even if it was just the two of them only, he would never admit showing a simple weakness like being cold.

Even when Damian hates the cold.

"...we didn't had it." Damian said.

Tim looked at him.

"The cold, back at the desert..." He explained himself.

Tim didn't said anything else.

Not that Damian wanted or expected him to.

At some point Damian felt asleep on his brother's shoulder. None of them ever talked about it the next morning or ever again.

He went out for patrol for the first time in the week the day after that.

His father had left him take some time from patrolling, it had mostly because he had been scared he would do something stupid or reckless without thinking it first.1

His father and him split at some point, Robin didn't remember exactly when, but they had been chasing some robbers.

Finally Batman called him, telling him he had got the guys and that he would wait for him at the Batmobile.

That was the moment when Damian started to feel way too tired to continue running and jumping. He had to take a break, he sat on a rooftop or a random building, not a big building, but also not a small one, just a simple building, so no one would ever look up at him and see him cry at least.

He was tired of crying, but he couldn't stop, he thought that it was maybe because of how many years he didn't cried, and now it was paying up with the tears for his mother and grandfather, mostly his mother.

Robin was staring at nothing in general, he was mostly having some memories about them at league.

He cried in silence until he heard someone landing on the rooftop.

He thought it was his father, he would had actually preferred if it was him just checking on him because he was taking too long or something.

What he didn't expected was Red Hood.

"Hey kid, watcha doing here?" He asked.

Damian looked down trying to hide his tears. "Go away Hood..."

Jason ignored him completely and took of his helmet, he still had a domino mask put on, and he walked towards Damian, and without saying a word he just pleased his helmet on his head.

"Don't worry kid, that way no one will actually see you." This was one of the few things that Jason didn't said with a teasing tone, he was actually being serious and helping Damian hide his tears.

Damian nodded as a thanks, and Jason sat right next to him.

"I heard about Thalia and Ras...I won't say I'm sorry, they were assholes, but I know that she tried her best as a mother to you, at least for some years...and I'm more sorry for the fact that you will suffer their loss"

Damian nodded again.

Thalia was not as bad as everyone thought, she had tried to save Damian from the league as a baby, she once tried to get them both to his father, but one of his mother's servants had told Ras about it, and it had been impossible to leave after that.

Even when they weren't able to leave, Thalia tried her best to do something's for his son, things like taking trying to postpone as much as possible the beginning of his training and first kill, or taking care of his injuries after training. Taking him to the city, telling him stories and helping him with better fighting techniques, playing with him as much as possible that was in the league, which wasn't much.

That had all changed when she got into the Lazarus pit for the first time.

There had been a mission gone wrong, and Thalia had been injured, badly.

She hadn't wanted Damian to see her in that date, but he was a curious child, and Ras had thought it would be better to get him to see the process, just so he could get tougher.

He doesn't need to say much about that day, but all the love his mother ever had for him, and the small actions she did for him were gone. She pretty much banished from his life. Letting his training get harder, and that's what the 'abuse', as he heard Tim said once, started,

Red Hood stayed with him for some minutes, before standing up and saying, "You can keep it, don't worry."

Then he left.

Father didn't asked about the helmet or his tardiness.

The next morning Dick arrived, Damian greeted him at the door, not with the same excited way, but in a more...quiet way, it disturbed Dick.

Dick tried to give the boy some space at first. But when Damian seemed more and more distant Dick finally decided to step in.

"Hey little D...I heard that you found Jason yesterday on patrol?" Dick sat at Damian's side.

Damian just clicked his tongue.

"Yeah I did." Damian said before stay silent again, he really didn't knew what to say.

Both brothers stayed in silence at each other's side, finally Dick spoke.

"I know what it is like to loosing your family Damian. I just hope that you know that you can talk about it with me."

Dick waited for an answer, but when he finally realized that he wasn't going to get one he stood up to get back at the manor.

"It's getting cold...we should get back."

"I had been talking to her. To them." Damian said to Dick.

Dick got confused for a second, then he realized. Damian had started contact with them again.

"I didn't wanted to tell father...I felt as if I was betraying them but I..."

Dick got closer to Damian and hugged him.

"Oh kiddo, talking with wasn't betraying us, you just wanted to speak to your mom it's ok."

"I missed them, but what if I had never called them? I would have never been able to talk to them one last time. I never got to say how much she meant to me...but I guess that's just how she's."

Dick hugged him tighter.

"I miss them."

And after all that, Damian started crying, and it was ok, because even after what her mom and grandfather did, they were his family, and it was ok to miss them, at least he had his family to help him.

Sorry for this I kinda don't know what it was supposed to be lmao. And then I forgot how it was supposed to end so yeah...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)
14.5K 136 23
Damian wayne x y/n oneshots You can request others if y'all want It doesn't matter Hope you enjoy it. Request are open ⚠️ Warning ⚠️might contain Cu...
914 11 6
First time doing oneshots so if it's bad or anything lemme know. Will contain: Wholesomeness(very low chance) Angst Self-harm Characters: Bruce Alfr...
31.3K 445 49
Just a bunch of oneshots of the Batboys! Follow the Batboys adventures with these small short stories. *I do not own any characters, DC does unless...