new york elites

By swrites_11

"baby stand up.." I heard my mom whisper as she pushes my hair out of my face. "You need to stop waiting for... More

00:00 || intro
00:01 || new york
00:02 || eyes
00:03 || memories
00:04 || secrets
00:05 || the sides
00:06 || introduction
00:07 || cars and more cars
00:08 || leader
00:09 || daddy issues
00:10 || hosting
00:11 || change
00:12 || drowing in my own tears
00:13 || the funeral
00:14 || old friends
00:15 || all together
00:16 || alive
00:17 || him
00:18 || forget
00:19 || mission
00:20 || just breathe
00:21 || me or you
00:22 || the past haunts you
00:23 || wedding bells
00:24 || new beginning
00:25 || alone
00:26 || family reunion
00:27 || danger
00:28 || trick
00:29 || final
00:30 || meeting
00:32 || nerves
00:33 || the ball
00:34 || coming to a end
00:35 || epilogue
00:36 || thank you
00:37 || new story

00:31 || dress

3.3K 75 28
By swrites_11

          People stare at me like they never seen a walking goddess.

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

           I took a deep breathe staring at the large room. It was perfect, I turn to the man who had been helping me find a place with a smile. "This is the one." He nods walking away to find someone. He comes back after a few minutes.

"It's booked for tomorrow, you have it for the hole evening ma'am." He says his voice cracking violently. I just nod.

"Thank you sir." I pull out a stack of cash that should cover it. "How much?" His eyes widen at the stack but he just says a number. I pay before I putting away the rest. "Have a good day."

I watch as he gives me a creepy look. I ignore it walking out of the large building that the ball will be held in. I had been planning everything out perfectly. This will be our first public event as a new mafia and I am terrified to mess it up.

Hannah stood leaning against her car with a harsh glare on her face. I had asked her to pick me up so we could go shopping for dresses. I invited Emmaline as well since she was coming to the ball but she was meeting us there. "Hannah?" I say as she finally looks at me her frown going away but not all the way.

"I'm sorry." My brows come together in confutation. "She wouldn't take no as a answer!" She shouts letting out a groan.

"What are you on about?" I mumble. "She?" As I frown the window of the backseat rolls down making me glare at her. Abigail, Hannah's sister, her twin. Her hair was curled and pulled into a low pony tail. She had on a dress or something along those lines, I couldn't really tell.

"Can you two hurry up. I want to get a dress and get the hell away from you guys!" She says with a harsh tone.

"No one asked you to come!" Hannah screams down at her before she walks around getting into the drivers seat. I slide into the passengers seat with a soft grunt.

"I don't remember inviting you." I mumble as Hannah pulls away from the building. "And other then the family's and dates of the people I invited, no one else is aloud."

"Yes. I know that." She says making me look at her. She had a cocky smirk on her face that was making me mad.

"And? Why do you need a bloody dress then!" I shout softly feeling angry.

"Because i'm going to this ball thing." She giggles softly as I let out another groan. "I'm going as Oliver's date."

"Oliver?" Me and Hannah both gasp. Hannah practically brakes causing us all to fly forward.

"Yes, we are so in love." She smirks to herself.

"When did this happen?!" I mumble softly looking down at the ring around my neck.

"The night you rejected him." I frown. "He showed up at the same party I was at. Man was drinking so much because of what happened, he told me everything. Then we fucked." I gagged softy at her words.

"TMI" Hannah says glaring at her sister.

"If he's happy." I fake a smile to her. Something seemed off about the whole thing. Hannah sure was pretty but her personality was horrible and anyone could see that.

The car came to a stop as she pulled into the parking garage. I got out slowly and walked into the large mall with Hannah. Abigail walked slightly behind us. "I've never been in a american mall." I hum softly looking around.

"Really?! Oh god you are going to love it." Hannah says as she links my arm in hers dragging me along. "Let's look for some dresses first. I know the perfect store." I nod smiling.

We enter into a fancy store that had barely anyone in it. I looked up at the name, Des roses. I sent a quick text to Emmaline telling her where we are. "Des roses is roses in french. Your lover is family friends with the owner of the company. I've met her before she is a absolute darling. Sweetest lady ever!"

I smile as we walk deeper into the store, we pass by rows of dress of all different styles and colors. We all stop when we hear yelling from behind a desk. "Who are you. Reservations only. And I already had everyone on the list come by. Now who are you?" I look to see a slightly older lady standing there with her arms crossed.

"Ms. Mika? It's me Hannah." Hannah says from beside me.

"Hannah who."

"Hannah Thompson, one of Mr. Ronan's friends." She says sending me a smile.

"My god! Is that really you Hannah!" The old lady yells grabbing a pair of glasses slipping them onto her face. "You look so mature and beautiful!" She gasps.

"Thank you Mika." Hannah says as the old lady hugs her.

"This must be your sister, my god you have the same face!" She says looking at Abigail before turning to me. "And you are?"

"Oakley Cove." I say sticking out my hand for her to shake.

"That's Mr.Ronan's lover." Hannah giggles making the old lady's eyes widen.

"You are very gorgeous! That's true," She says walking over to me. "Are you treating him good?" I nod softly. "Perfect, welcome to the family!" I blush softly at her words.

"Mika another girl is coming, can you help get us all dresses. It's for a ball?"

"Of course! I have just the perfect dresses in mind." As she says that Emmaline walks in with a smile on her lips.

"Ello!" She says causing me and Hannah to laugh.

-♛

I stared at myself in the mirror looking down at the dress I had on, it was beautiful but it didn't feel right. The color looked as if it was draining my skin. I sighed slipping it off and peeking outside. The old lady, Mika, was standing there.

"No?" She asks. 

"No. Not for me." I confer. She nods rapidly walking away. Hannah and Emmaline both found there dress quickly.

Hannah picked a pink dress that was off the shoulder. The bottom was ruffled out and soft to the touch. It fit perfectly with her. As for Emmaline she picked a purple dresses that had thin straps and had a large flowing bottom making her look like a princess.

Abigail of course was be picky and just was critiquing every miner detail that she didn't like.

I on the other hand was getting frustrated because every dress I put on just felt wrong. They were all beautiful but just not for me.

I heard mumbling and chatter then silence before I heard a loud knock. I open the door softly before looking down at the large bag that probably had a dress inside. "Now this one is a special dress and I think it's definitely going to be the one." Mika said I large grin on her face.

"Thanks you." I whisper taking the dress with my back into the changing room. Unzipping the bag, I tug it off making sure to be gentle. My eyes widen at the dress that was inside. It was gorgeous midnight black dress that had a slight shimmer. I felt my mouth form a smile as I slip it on. It fit perfectly, as I turned it spun out slightly. I loved it.

I take it off slipping it back into the bag and changing into normal clothes. I walk out to see Abigail flaunting a purple dress with a smirk. Emmaline and Hannah both were whispering violently between each other, stopping when they see me. They both send my a smile causing me to smile back.

"Did you like it?" Hannah asks still ignoring Abigail as she stares at the large mirror talking about herself.

"Loved." I say with a big smile. "You both ready to pay?" They nod getting up following me to the front desk where Mika is.

"You love ya?" She says with a smirk. "I know Mr. Ronan will. It will surprise him alright!" She says making me frown as she pulls up the price.

"Why do you say that?" I question. She just waved me off causing me to look at the girls. The both have smirks making me frown. After we pay almost leaving Abigail behind. Sadly we were not quick enough. "All done?" I ask softly glancing at my watch.

"Absolutely not!" Emmaline yells.

"Ok dresses everyone." Hannah says grabbing all four dresses before turning to Emmaline. "I'll meet you guys there, i'm going to put theses away." I watch as she leaves making me sigh.

"I thought we were just getting dresses?" I ask softly as she tugs at my arm pulling me along.

"Well yes but we need something to wear underneath." She winks making me blush.

"I have plenty of stuff at home.." I mumble making Abigail scoff. I turn to her slowly wondering what I said.

"It doesn't matter what you wear it won't hide your scars." She says coldly making me stop in my tracks at her words. "But if you do want to buy something. Pink would be a good idea, Roland loved my pink set." She says with a smirk before she enters the store. 

I sucked in a shaky breathe before turning to Emmaline. Her face was dark and deadly as she stared at the back of her head. "Emmaline i'm fine." I whisper walking into the store. I heard a string of curse words and threats before I see her standing next to me.

"Just find something you think is cute. No boy should determine how or when you feel sexy." She says as she leaves me there looking at some bra that was on display.

She's was right, walking further into the store to look at a couple of displays. I find a pretty green set that reminds me of my eyes. Perfect. I grab a set in my size walking over to Emmaline who was now talking to Hannah.

"You ready?" Hannah asks and I just nod. We quickly pay before leaving. Not bothering to wait for Abigail. We reach the car quickly Emmaline taking her dress and giving us a quick kiss on the cheek goodbye before she walks to her car.

The car ride was silent as we made our way back to the house. Music was playing softy out of the radio. "Oakley, Emma told me what my sister said and how you went all quiet like you do when you hide all your emotions." She says softly keeping her eyes on the road.

"I don't hide my emotions." I mumble back causing her to side glare at me.

"Oakley. You always put others first, talk to me ok?" She says. "That's what friends do"

I let a deep sigh out of my mouth before I spoke. "What if he thinks i'm disgusting."

"Oakley!" She screams. "That man loves you. He would die and kill for you. Your his world that man would never think that way about you. Ever." She says loudly.

I just sigh looking down at my lap as we pull into the large driveway. The house was lighting up the dark sky as I got out, grabbing my stuff before I look back at Hannah who stayed in the car. "See you tomorrow night." She smiles at me waving goodbye as I watch her car leave my sight.

The house was quiet as I entered making me frown but I quickly walked into Rolands room which we were now sharing practically. I let the bag and dress that was covered so Roland couldn't see, fall out of my hands and onto the bench that was near the bed. I heard movement in the bathroom causing me to tense up.

I let out a breathe of relief when I see a shirtless Roland walk out. He had only a towel on causing me to look away from his body. "Angel your home." He says walking over to me pulling me into a hug.

"God your all wet." I hum feeling the water from his hair drip onto my cheek. I felt his chest vibrate softly as he laughs as me. Pulling away I felt his eyes linger on my face.

"You look tired." He comments making me glare at him. I felt his eyes harden but he doesn't say anything more on that. "Did the building work?"

"Yes, I booked it. I also hired people to decorate before hand so it will be ready by 6 and people to cater." I smiled at him as I slip my shoes off. I wanted to talk to him about what Abigail said about him liking her pink set, which would mean they've slept together. But I didn't want to get hurt tonight so I decided to just forget about it.

"You thought of everything haven't you." He whispers making me nod.

"I want it to be perfect."

"It will now, take off that sexy outfit and get in bed." I blush at his words making him laugh loudly. "Not like that, i'm tired and I can tell you are too. Let's just sleep." He says walking into the closet letting his towel slip making me turn away. I hear him walking back now changed into some sweats.

I change into one of his shirts before I turn off all the lights. I walk over to the bed softly getting in and cuddling up against him. His body was warm making me relax.

"Angel, I love you." I hear him say as he pulls my body closer. His hug was strong making me feel secure. "Please never leave me." His voice was shaking making me scared. Roland was the type of guy to never let his guard down and always put on a front, kinda like I do. But even I let my walls down around him, he barely lets his down around me.

"Why are you saying this?" I say letting my hands grab his cheeks making him look at me. He looked scared.

"This life we live, you are a huge target. I could do everything I possibly could to protect you and it wouldn't be enough. I can't protect you forever, god today when you were gone all I thought about was the thought of you hurt. Or worse dead." He says making me see the tears in his eyes.

"No. Don't think like that." I say sharply. "That could all be true but right now i'm here. I'm here with you and I promise you i'm not going anywhere." I mumble softly kissing his cheek.

"Good because you are my future. You are what I fight for." He says leaning in and placing a deep but soft kiss on my lips. I smiled as he lets his head fall back on his pillow finally closing his eyes.

"Goodnight." I whisper resting my head down on his chest. Letting sleep overcome me.

-♛

hope you enjoy part 31!!
comment please
and vote!
oh lol hi guys
been um a long time
well school is kicking
my butt and
my phone was broken
for a bit so all those ideas
i had just couldn't be keep
anywhere:(((
but enjoy this filler chapter ig!

also THANK YOU all so much
thank you if you vote
thank you if you add this to you library
it means so much!!
-s

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 1.8K 42
Oakley grew up with her dad and her stepmom, Oakley's mom left when Oakley was 5 and her dad blamed it all on Oakley. Her dad told her that it was he...
4.5K 449 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...
195K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
2.3M 83.2K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...