Barry and Iris OS

By Rauraflash2020

So we know that because of the negative speed force Nora is erased from memory and so this story starts from... More

No Nora No.
The time Barry almost died( the first time)
My version of how Barry feels when savitar almost kills iris
All Dolled up
Killer Frost
Elongated Journey into the night
Null and Annoyed
Godspeed
Enter Zoom
King Shark
License to Elongate
Cause and Effect
Luck Be a Lady
Legends of Today
Legends of Yesterday
News Flash
Untouchable
Dead or Alive
What's Past is Prolouge
The Flash and The Furious
Dead Man Running

Run, Iris Run

54 1 0
By Rauraflash2020

 Hey every one so I'm back  with a one shot 

Season 4 episode 16 Run, Iris, Run

Anyways here we go 

 My name is Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive. 

To the outside woekd, I'm an ordinary forensic scientists.  But secretly, with the help of my friends at STAR Labs, I fight crime and find other meta humans like me. But I became lost in time. It took everything in my friends power to bring me back, and in doing so our world was opened up to new threats. And I'm only one fast enough to stop them. I am The Flash 

Previously on The Flash 

" This is where I came out of the Speed Force." Barry says. 

" And  a wave of dark matter washed out with you." Harry says. 

"  Devoe orchestrated everything to get the people he wanted on that bus." Caitlin says. 

" But why does he need their powers? I can't figure out his end game." Iris says. 

" We got a planner, just like Thawne." Cisco says. 

" I hearby deep Barry Allen's appeal deni." Judge Hankerson says.

" Wait!" Ralph/Devoe says. 

" Devoe?" Iris asks. 

" Not Devoe. It's Ralph." Cecile says. 

" Barry Allen is hereby ordered release immediately." Judge Han

"  Some people don't think you should be back on the force." Singh says. 

" When do you think I can come back?" Barry asks. 

" When everyone believes Devoe is really alive and well."  Singh says. 

" I call this my thinking cap." Devoe tells Marlize. 

" He only wants the bus metas. He wants their powers. All of them." Barry says. 

"  We know a bus meta." Cisco says. 

" There's three more people out there who need our help, and we need to find them before Devoe does." Ralph says. 

In Star Labs its 1 am and Harry and Cisco are still working 

Cisco then suggests something

" What if What if I just, like, breach all of the beut metas, to like, Earth-2?" Cisco asks. 

" How about this? We alter each bus meta's DNA by performing intracellular surgery?" Harry asks. 

" And what? And turn them into chickens?" Cisco asks. 

" Yeah." Harry says. 

" We're not Frankensteing innocent people." Cisco says as a keyboard falls down and lands in his lap. 

" Listen,Ramon, Devoe wants these bodies. All right? Maybe if we change the bodies, we keep these people safe." Harry says. 

" I'm sorry, don't you have, like, six PhD's?" Cisco asks. 

" Seven." Harry says. 

" Yeah, which one of them is in mad science?" Cisco asks. 

" Mad science is just an area of study. It's not a degree, okay?And  by the way, i don't you coming up  with any other ideas." Harry says. 

" You know why?  Cause it's bed time over here on Earth-1? Do you know what bed time is? Do they have that on Earth -2?" Cisco asks. 

" Bed Bed time?" Harry asks. 

" All right, it's this thing where we shut down to recharge our batteries." Cisco says. 

" Oh, my gosh." Harry says. 

" I highly recommend it. ( Harry's still working)Harry." Cisco says. 

" You're still here? What?" Harry asks. 

" No matter what you think, Devoe's already thought of it. So why don't you just go home, recharge, start again in the morning, all right? " Cisco says. 

" I'm gonna keep going." Harry says drinking the coffee.

Cisco sighs 

" Good night." Cisco says. 

Harry pulls Devoe's picture

" Maybe you have thought of everything. ( He pulls up a photo of Thawne as Wells) Just like Thawne." Harry says. 

The next morning 

" What is all this?" Iris asks. 

"  This is gonna give us the edge we finally need to be smarter than Devoe. Or me to be smarter than Devoe, actually." Harry says. 

" What is that?" Cisco asks. 

" This is a intelligence booster. You put this thing on Dibny here, and even he would be able to understand the point source construction. You put it on a real genius, I'll finally be able to outthink the Thinker." Harry says. 

" You know what, I'm not sure this thinking cap is the best idea you've ever had." Cisco says. 

" It's an intelligence booster." Harry says. 

" It looks like a thinking cap." Cisco says. 

" You don't like it, blame yourself. You gave me the idea." Harry says. 

" What?" Cisco asks confused. 

" You're the one that said Devoe planned all this just like Thawne in order to stop Barry. And you said Devoe became the Thinker the same night you became the Flash so I hacked into security footage of that night  to see how he did it. ( Harry pulls up footage) This is why he's so smart. Devoe boosted his intelligence with neurochemical engineering powered by the dark energy from the particle accelerator explosion. And if we build our own, we can do the same." Harry says. 

" Wait, you wanna blast your brain with billion joules of dark energy?" Barry asks. 

" I've harnessed energy from the particle accelerator before and I can do it again." Harry says. 

" Yeah, but Harry, reengineering your brain's neurochemistry, that's." Caitlin says. 

" Devoe did it. So can I. How many more metas have to die before we stop Devoe?" Harry asks. 

" Uh, i not Not me. I mean I say we go for it. Right? Right, guys?" Ralph asks. 

" What do you think?" Barry asks looking at Iris. 

 " I say we explore it." Iris says. 

" Yeah, I agree." Caitlin says. 

" Ramon?" Harry asks.

" No, this is way too risky. " Cisco says. 

" Of course, it's risky, but if we succeed, we will save the life of four bus metas, including a member of our team." Harry says. 

" You're talking about insane amounts of dark energy going right into your brain, right into your brain, right into that cap, that turned a mac and cheese-loving pacifist into a homicidal maniac. You put that cap on, what's it gonna do to you?" Cisco asks. 

" I've run the numbers dozens of times. The math and the chemistry check out. I can do this." Harry says. 

" I don't think you can." Cisco says. 

" I can with your help." Harry says. 

" Not this time. All right, let's keep coming up with more ways to solve this." Cisco says as he leaves the cortex. 

" Just so I'm clear on this, someone finally came up with a way to stop this La-Z-Boy riding lunatic and we just might not do it? That's really cool, guys." Ralph says. 

" I got this one." Iris says as she gets up. 

" Yeah thanks." Barry says as he sighs. 

" This is the only way. I'm gonna do it with or without his help." Harry says. 

Iris goes into the corridor 

" Hey, Ralph. Look don't worry, okay? We're gonna figure this out." Iris says. 

" Yeah, everybody keeps saying that, and each time we almost get Devoe, he gets away. Every time he gets away, he's one step closer to getting to me." Ralph says. 

" Hey, that is not gonna happen." Iris says. 

" Well, I can't take that chance anymore, Iris. So if anyone needs me, I will be downstairs in my tiny guest quarters until this is over." Ralph says. 

" There are still three bus metas out there, and we're gonna need your help to find them and protect them." Iris says. 

" Iris, the only person I need to protect from now on, is good old Ralphie boy." Ralph says. 

" You are part of this team." Iris says. 

" Yeah, and I'm the only one with a body that Devoe is trying to snatch. You don't have any concept of how dangerous  it is for me out there." Ralph says. 

" Yes, I do." Iris says. 

" How could you?" Ralph asks. 

" Because I'm the leader of this team." Iris says. 

" Yeah, that's right, you are. But you're always back there hiding safe and sound. While the rest of us are out in the field putting our  lives on the line." Ralph says as the elevator door closes. 

Later Barry meets Joe in Jitters

" Hey, sorry I'm late. Some drama in the cortex. Thanks for the coffee." Barry says. 

" It's all good." Joe says. 

" You okay?" Barry asks. 

" Yeah, yeah, I'm you know Cecile's in her third trimester, so it's definitely getting serious." Joe says. 

' You guys have any names picked out yet?" Barry asks. 

" Uh, yeah. A few." Joe says. 

" Come on, I'm not gonna tell anybody." Barry says. 

' No, you're not, because you're not gonna know until Cecile tells you." Joe says. 

" All right." Barry says. 

" Anyway,  I talked to Singh about getting you back in the lab." Joe says. 

" Yeah, and?" Barry asks. 

" It's gonna be a while." Joe says. 

" Why? I thought Judge Hankerson and Singh had everything they needed. " Barry says. 

" We thought so, too, but the mayor wants to sit down with the Devoes herself." Joe says. 

" Seriously?" Barry asks. 

" Look, we can't find Marlize, so the only chance we have is to get Ralph to use his nauseating powers to impersonate Devoe again." Joe says. 

" All right, I'll ask him, but right now he'll barely leave STAR Labs." Barry says. 

 " What happened to that whole buddy system you had going on?" Joe asks. 

" It's not enough for him, I guess." Barry says. 

" Then I don't know, Barry." Joe says. 

" I should be out there. Helping people. Putting bad guys away." Barry says. 

" Right now, we should be trying to stop Devoe and finding those last few bus metas. Cause I got a bad feeling one of them's gonna show up soon." Joe says. 

Later in a bank

Erik Frye comes in 

" Next time, it'll be your hand.  Now everybody get on the floor."  Frye says. 

" Dude, you got a death wish? Do what he says." Birch says. 

Then Frye blasts the vault with his hands 

Matthew Kim then goes towards Frye

" Stealing is a sin. You shouldn't be using the powers you've been given this way." Kim says. 

" I'll use them anyway I see fit. Including frying you to a crisp if you move any closer. " Frye says. 

" Oh, I don't think you will. You don't want to hurt me or anyone else in this bank. You can still walk away from this. But the moment you touch that money your life changes forever. Now you don't really want that, do you?" Kim asks. 

" Maybe you're right. Or maybe you've got a death wish." Frye says. 

Frye then pushes Kim and he falls next to Jaco 

He then tries blasting Birch and Kim but fails

" What the hell? My powers. They're gone!" Frye says as he gets tackled by a security guard. 

The security guard then looks for Kim but he's disappeared. 

" Hey buddy, you're a real hero." The security guard says. 

Later Cisco is scanning for dark matter

"  Cisco." Joe says coming up to him. 

" Hmm?" Cisco asks. 

" What do you got?" Joe asks. 

" Oh, you know,  the usual. Loads and loads of dark matter." Cisco says. 

" Makes sense. Eyewitnesses said this guy melted this vault door with fire from his hands." Joe says. 

" Hmm, figures. But not just any fire. This fire melted through ten inches of reinforced steel. I mean, that would take over 6,000 degrees Farenheit. Ten times the thermal output of Rory's heat gun. " Cisco says. 

" Well, here's where it gets weirder. Apperetly shortly after, his powers stopped working." Joe says. 

" Stopped working?" Cisco asks confused. 

" Yeah, so if he was one of our bus metas, I guess we have one less to worry about." Joe says. 

" Nobody's powers stop working." Cisco says as they approach Erik Frye. 

" Erik Frye, six months ago, were you on the 405 bus?" Joe asks. 

" Please. Do I look like someone who takes public transit?" Frye asks Joe. 

" All right, then, Mr. Frye. How long have you had your powers?" Cisco asks. 

" A few years." Frye says. 

" Oh. You're an OG meta." Cisco says. 

" And you just started using them, now?" Joe asks. 

" Here, yeah. Once Flash showed up, I took this act on the road. Doesn't matter anymore, though." Frye says. 

" Right, you don't have your powers anymore. Cause they just disappeared? Vanished? Into thin air? Huh?" Cisco says scanning him. 

" All right, Cisco." Joe says. 

' He's clear." Cisco says. 

" You have any idea how this happened?" Joe asks. 

" One minute I had powers. The next Nothing. " Frye says. 

" Will you get him out of here?" Joe asks the security guards. 

" That's right. Get him out here." Cisco says. 

" All right." Frye says. 

" Yeah, get him out of here. I can't believe his powers dissapeared like that." Cisco says. 

" How does someone lose their powers?" Joe asks. 

Later they are in STAR Labs and Caitlin is explaining 

" So, I can think of  a couple of ways this might have happened. If this Erik Frye metasizes solar radiation to create heat, we could put him in the dark to de-power him." Caitlin says. 

" But it was still broad daylight."  Joe says. 

" Okay, maybe his internal biochemistry has been altered to create its own internal thermal combustion and he just ran out of fuel." Caitlin says. 

" Okay, so if this guy's not one of the bus metas, then that means there's three  more  out there before Devoe gets to me. So, I'm safe. Safer. I'm safer." Ralph says. 

' Those are innocent people, Ralph." Barry says. 

" I'm innocent. I'm still gonna get terminated. Oh my god. I'm Sarah Conner.

"  No." Barry says.  

" I'm gonna go back to my room. Get some comfort food." Ralph says as he leaves. 

" Ralph." Barry says. 

" The way I see it, Frye walks into the bank with his fire powers, meets this other guy, and then his powers are gone. Coincidence? I think not." Cisco says. 

" So you think this guy did something to Fry?" Caitlin asks. 

" I think we can ask him some questions. " Cisco says. " I interviewed every eye witness in that bank. Nobody knew who he was." Joe says. 

" Cisco, why don't you cross check the deposits from today with dad's witness list?" Iris asks. 

" Way ahead of you. Everyone on the list checks out except Matthew Kim an EMT out of Central City General." Cisco says. 

" Barry, let's go ask some questions." Joe says. 

" Oh, I'll go. Barry, you can stay here. " Iris says. 

" Um, okay." Barry says. 

" Well, you know, I never go out into the field, so I thought you know..." Iris says. 

" Yeah, I mean, you're the boss." Barry says. 

" Okay. Uh, Caitlin why don't you see how this power stealing thing works, and Cisco, why don't you use the satellite's tracking to scan the city for dark matter?" Iris asks. 

" Mhm-mhm." Cisco says. 

" Okay. I'll just come running if you need me." Barry says. 

" Okay. Thanks." Iris says and leaves with Joe. 

Barry clears his throat 

" Can I hang out in here?" Barry asks. 

Later in Cisco's workshop Ralph is helping Harry with the thinking cap 

" Can you Do you mind Can you save the eating till later? We're trying to save lives here." Harry says frustrated. 

This is really good, though." Ralph says. 

Harry sighs

" Is it?" Harry asks. 

" Yeah. You put this together pretty quick, huh? " Ralph asks. 

" Yes, I did. For a test run." Harry says. 

He then puts the cap on his head

" Ooh. I can feel my neurons  firing.  Firing at a rate 20 times their normal rate. And that's without dark matter. I can feel my brain's processing system's evolving. There's a 67% chance you're gonna spill that mustard on  the floor( Harry says as the mustard falls on the floor) Oh!" Harry says. 

" Okay, how did you do that?" Ralph asks. 

" Well, I simply analyzed your eating habits and extrapolated them at a predictive behaviour model all within four seconds. (Harry hold up his fingers to show four) The cap is working." Harry says. 

" Eh, cool, but I'm not quite convinced." Ralph says. 

" No? Really? You're not convinced? All right, the answer is none. And have a little respect for your body, will you?" Harry asks. 

" This is a veggie dog, man." Ralph says. 

" I'm not talking about the veggie dog, man. I'm talking about the wiping the mustard on the pants causes the pant movement which indicates a lack of  clothing to bodily friction, which can only mean one thing." Harry says. 

" Right, what kind of underwear am I wearing?" Ralph asks. 

" And the answer is none." Harry says. 

" You got all that from your fancy metal cap?" Ralph asks. 

" Yes, I did." Harry says. 

" It's impressive, Harry. Except for one very small thing." Ralph says. 

" Which is?" Harry asks. 

" Your head is on fire." Ralph asks. 

Harry laughs

" It's no..." Harry says as he takes and Ralph puts the fire out. 

Later in  Central City General with Joe and Iris 

" When I mentioned spending more time together, I meant family barbecues, not questioning people of interest." Joe says. 

" I know, I just want people to know  that I'm not afraid to go out into the field every once in a while." Iris says. 

" Who says you are?" Joe asks. 

" Ralph." Iris says. 

" Ralph? He should talk. He won't even leave the building. " Joe says. 

" I know, but it made me wonder, you know?What kind of leader constantly puts everyone's life on the line except their own?" Iris asks. 

" Oh, baby. We all you're fearless. Whenever you've been needed on the field, you' ve gone. So don't let Ralph into your head. ( Sees a nurse) Excuse me. CCPD. We're looking for an EMT named Matthew Kim. " Joe says. 

" Yes, he's right through there." The nurse says. 

" There? Thank you ( Joe knocks on the door) Matthew Kim? Dectective Joe West, CCPD. We'd like to ask you some questions about the attack at Central City this morning." Joe says. 

" I wouldn't know anything about that." Matthew says. 

" Really? Cause  I have a dozen witnesses that saw you stand up to the man that melted the vault." Joe says. 

" He was going to hurt people. It was my duty to help them." Matthew says. 

" Any reason you left without making a statement?" Joe asks.

" I need to finish restocking my inventory before another call comes in. I can't help you." Matthew says. 

" Look, Matthew, we know you had something to do with that guy at the bank losing his powers. We need to know. What did you do to him?" Iris asks. 

" Why? So you can steal mine?" Matthew asks. 

" No, no! Let her go." Joe says as he puts his gun up. 

" Put the gun down. I said put it down. ( Joe puts the gun down) He didn't deserve those powers. He was hurting people. Flash! You're not the only blessed with powers. I'm helping people too."  Matthew says. 

" Not like this." Barry says. 

Barry speeds touches Matthew and Iris and transfers  Barry to Iris 

" You did this, not me." Matthew says as he escapes. 

" I got him. I lost my speed. " Barry says. 

" What do you mean you lost your speed?" Joe asks.. 

" Uh, guys, I think I found it." Iris says as her hand vibrates. 

Later in the speed lab Iris is speeding on the track 

Iris laughs

" This is amazing." Iris says. 

Barry laughs

" Yeah it is." Barry says. 

" Well, I've run every test I can think of. EKG, cellular regression synthesis, brain chemistry, and dark matter confirms it. Iris is a speedster." Caitlin says. 

" So what about Barry?" Joe asks. 

"  Um Everything that was a part of Your speed, your connection to the Speed Force, it's all part of Iris now." Caitlin says. 

" Can you.." Barry says. 

" Reverse it? I don't know. I can try." Caitlin says. 

" So, Matthew Kim isn't just removing DNA. He's transferring it to anybody he touches." Joe says. 

" He's not getting rid of metas. He's creating new ones." Ralph says. 

" Well that's not the only thing. Guess who's got an apartment just a block away from the 405 bus line and rides it every day to get to  work?" Cisco asks. 

" So Matthew is our meta, not Fry. Which means that Matthew is gonna come after him sooner or later."  Iris says. 

" And if Devoe gets Matthew's abilities,  he could take away all our abilities." Barry says. 

" Unless we get him on our side first. Then he can  remove the meta DNA from Devoe." Joe says. 

" Would that work?"Ralph asks. 

" I mean, yeah.It could. As best as I can tell,Matthew's abilities work by melting down highly concentrated bonds between DNA.  That makes them totally pliable so he can extract them and infuse somebody else with the exact same meta DNA." Caitlin says. 

" Melting highly concentrated bonds. Melting Point. Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I gotta write that down." Cisco says. 

" Okay, great, so you guys figure out how to get this Mr. Melting  Point in the same room as Devoe and not get his brains sucked out. I'm gonna go get a couple of bear claws and go back my room." Ralph says as he leaves. 

" It's not Mr. Melting Point. Look, it's  just Melting Point." Cisco says. 

" You know, someone out there has Fry's fire powers right now. We need to find them as much as we need to find Matthew." Barry says. 

"  I'm on it." Joe says as he also leaves. 

" And I'll see if there is any way to reverse this." Caitlin says. 

" Wait Until then, what do we do?" Iris asks. 

" We train." Barry says. 

" Okay." Iris says. 

Later Harry is looking for Cisco 

" Ramon!Where There you are. What are you doing?" Harry asks. 

" Updating some software. " Cisco says. 

" Oh good. So nothing. Great I need your help. " Harry says. 

" Try Ralph." Cisco says. 

" Ralph's useless. All he does is eat." Harry says. 

" What do you want?" Cisco asks. 

" Do you have a microfilament compression wrench with cobalt retreiving clamp?" Harry asks. 

" Yeah." Cisco says. 

" Yeah, where is it?" Harry asks. 

" Why, so you can work on your death cap?" Cisco asks. 

" It's not a death cap." Harry says. 

" It's a death cap." Cisco says. 

" No, it isn't." Harry says. 

" I know there's plenty of tools over there on Earth 2." Cisco says. 

" Yeah, well I'm on Earth 1." Harry says. 

" Do you need a lift?" Cisco asks. 

" I'll breach you there right now! That's not what I sound like." Harry and Cisco say together. 

" Fine." Harry says as he leaves. 

Caitlin comes up to Cisco

" Cisco, why can't you just help him?" Caitlin asks. 

" Why am I the only one who thinks putting a rageaholic and dark matter together is a bad idea?" Cisco asks. 

" He's trying to stop Devoe. That's not a bad idea. " Caitlin says. 

" He's trying to match his intellect with a mad man whose innovation are warping his brain. Have you seen Spider Man 2?"   Cisco asks. 

" No." Caitlin says. 

" How can you live with yourself?" Cisco asks. 

" It might be dangerous, but it also might work. And we're kind of running out of ideas. Besides, Harry's gonna do this whether you help him or not. So maybe there's  some way to make this thinking cap and to keep him safe." Caitlin says. 

Later in the Speed Lab Iris is running on the treadmill.

Barry is looking at the speed

" She can move.( Iris is running too fast)Uh-Oh. Hey Iris, you might just wanna." Barry says. 

" I can't slow down." Iris says. 

" That's okay. All right, just gradually ramp your speed down, otherwise you're gonna( Iris falls back) " Barry says. 

" Do that?" Iris asks. 

" Whoa. Hey are you okay? Come here. You good? " Barry asks Iris as he runs to her and helps her stand up. 

" Yep, I'm straight. I'm straight. Thank God for speed healing, huh?" Iris asks. 

Barry sighs

" Yeah." Barry says. 

" Hey, I know this isn't easy on you." Iris says. 

" I I'm fine." Barry says. 

" Barry." Iris says. 

" It I lost my speed. I lost my job at the CCPD. Just feels like Devoe is slowly taking everything away from me. " Barry says. 

" He hasn't taken everything away." Iris says. 

" What if I never get it back?" Barry asks Iris. 

" Hey. Caitlin is gonna find something, okay?" Iris says. 

" Mm-hmm." Barry says. 

Barry sighs

" Until then, you'll just have to watch me like I've watchrf you these last three years. "  Iris says/. 

" Yeah, I guess so." Barry says. 

Suddenly an alarm blares and Iris speeds away 

" Wow, that's super annoying. ( Barry runs to the cortex) What's happening?" Barry asks. 

" Baldwin Tower's on fiter. CCFD's redspponfding, but there's pople on the top flooe they can't reach." Cisco says. 

"  Okay, Caitlin, Killer Frost is on fire duty. Ralph, Cisco suit up." Iris says. 

" Yeah. Not a chance. This could be a trap for Devoe get us out- in the open." Ralph says. 

" Hey, I think we have a bigger problem. We don't have a Flash anymore. " Cisco says. 

" Yeah, we do." Caitlin says. 

" I don't she's ready for all that. I mean, she just got her You just got your powers." Barry says. 

" Um No. I wanna do this." Iris says. 

" Okay. Okay, all right. We'll monitor from here, then." Barry says. 

" Okay, well,, you can't go out there wearing that." Cisco says. 

" Oh. Right. Sorry, Cait. " Iris says as she speeds and switches clothes with Caitlin

" Mask?" Iris asks looking at Cisco. 

" Right. Thank you Jesse Quick." Cisco says as he shows Iris the mask. 

" Nice." Iris says. 

" Please be careful." Barry says. 

Iris speeds away 

" Guess you're on comms." Ralph says. 

" Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. All right, how do I How do I." Barry says. 

" Other monitor." Cisco says. 

" Wrong monitor." Barry says and he tries sitting on the chair and it goes so low. 

Iris has reached the towers

" I'm here. Oh boy." Iris says. 

" Okay, Iris. thwere are five people trapped on the 14th floor. Just get them out as fast as you can. " Barry says. 

Iris speeds the people out

" I did it." Iris says. 

" Now you gotta get back in there and out  the fire." Barry says. 

" Right. Guys, I'm here. What do I do?" Iris asks. 

" You know what to do. Use your arms. Create wind funnels. Such all the oxygen out of the room." Barry sys. 

" And the fire will go out. Just like he's done a thousand times." Iris says. 

" You go this, girl." Caitlin says encouraging Iris. 

" It's making it worse." Iris says. 

The monitor starts beeping 

" Is she rotating her arms the wrong way or?" Ralph asks. 

" Just go the opposite director, okay?" Barry says. 

Suddenly a shelf falls on her leg 

" Iris, what was that?Iris!" Barry says. 

" My leg is pinned down. I can't move."Iris says. 

" Okay, you have to phase through it. " Barry says. 

" What? I don't know how." Iris says. 

" You have to vibrate your whole body, okay? You just you have to feel it." Barry says. 

" I can't. I can't move. I can't do it." Iris says. 

" We're running out of time, Barry. The integrity of the room is failing. The ceiling's gonna collapse." Cisco says. 

" Barry! The whole place is going up!" Caitlin says. 

Cisco breaches in and saves Iris 

" Are you okay?" Barry asks Iris. 

" Yeah." Iris says as she hugs Barry. 

" Thank you." Barry tells Cisco as Iris hugs him. 

 Later they are talking in the med bay 

" There's still a little bit of irritation in your lungs from all the smoke you inhaled last night, but you should be good to go soon. And you leg's already healed." Caitlin says. 

" Shouldn't have let her go out there. You weren't ready." Ralph says. 

" I saved a lot of people last night, Ralph." Iris says. 

" Yeah, and Cisco had to save you." Ralph says. 

" All right, look, we just need to make sure this doesn't happen again. We have to find Matthew Kim and whoever he transferred Eric Fry's powers to." Barry says. 

" How close are you to reversing this?" Harry asks Caitlin. 

" I don't know that I can." Caitlin says. 

" What?" Harry asks. 

" I was up all night trying every conceivable solution. Dark matter splicing, pattern DNA cloning, even regrowing meta enhanced stem material on a cellular level. Nothing will work. I cannot replicate Melting Point's powers."  Caitlin says. 

" So unless we find him and get him to reverse what he's done..." Barry says. 

" Iris is Team Speedster on a permanent basis." Caitlin says. 

" Great, that's, uh, That's great. I'm gonna work on my will." Ralph says as he leaves the room.  

" Ralph." Barry calls out. 

" Harry ( Harry starts walking to the corridor) Harry I know you hear me." Cisco says. 

" Another team member hurt by one of Devoe's metas." Harry says. 

" I know!" Cisco says. 

" And we can fix it but no, no." Harry says. 

" I know!" Cisco says. 

" And you know what else. Snow wasn't the only one up all night. I was up all night working. I'm almost done. I'm almost finished, but you won't help me finish." Harry says. 

" I'm gonna help you finish. Finish- the thinking cap. I'm gonna help you finish the thinking cap." Cisco says.

" It's an intelligence booster, actually. It's called an intelligence booster."  Harry says. 

" Two conditions." Cisco says. 

"What are your conditions?" Harry asks. 

" One, we stimulate your synapses without using dark matter. " Cisco says. 

" Fine, no dark matter. And two?" Harry asks. 

" Any minute you start acting like Locutus of Borg and start assimilating  everyone to your Borg chair. " Cisco says. 

" You can vibe me back to my Earth." Harry says. 

" Okay." Cisco says. 

" Okay. Let's go." Harry says. 

Later Iris is speeding on the track 

Barry comes in 

" Take it easy. It's just day two." Barry says. 

Iris stops running 

" Oh man. You were right about running. ( Iris sighs) It's so peaceful. So calming. Actually makes it easy to think. " Iris says. 

" Look, I mean, you just got your speed. You know that right? I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you took a minute and just let Cisco and Caitlin handle this meta, just like point like always." 

" Just stay here like I always do?" Iris asks. 

" No, I you know I didn't mean that." Barry says. 

" No, I know you didn't. I did." Iris says. " 

" Iris, I You think that what,  that you need to prove to the team that you're not afraid?" Barry asks. 

" Not to all of you. To me. Barry, when I was a reporter, I was always in the field putting myself in danger for a story. And after last year,for some reson that just stopped.  Maybe it was because of Savitar. Maybe  because you were gone into the Speed Force. I don't know, but I quit my job. I joined this team, and now for the most psrt, I just stay here while all of you are out there putting your lives on the line.  " Iris says. 

"Be cause  of our powers." Barry says. 

" No, it's not just that, Barry. And it took me getting these powers to realize it. But now that I'm  the one that has it, it's my turn to dpo what all of you have been doing. To prove to my self that fearlessness I had in me is still in me. " Iris says. 

Through the intercom

" Guys, I think we found Fry's missing powers." Caitlin says. 

" Then go get them." Barry says. 

In the cortex

" Satellite is tracking tempreture with the same intensity as the bank robbery, so.." Harry says. 

" That's him." Caitlin says. 

" Yeah." Harry says.

" So, who's that?" Ralph  asks. 

" Matthew Kim." Cisco says. 

" Kim's gonna try to steal his powers too." Harry says. 

" All right, let's go." Cisco says. 

Barry and Iris come into the cortex

" No. I can do this." Iris says. 

" 'You sure about this?" Barry asks. 

" I have to, Barry." Iris says. 

" All right, but remember. He can't touch you. Or he'll take your powers away too." Barry says. 

" Right." Iris says. 

" Also, I'm not so sure my clothes are gonna work  this time." Caitlin says. 

" I have a fix for that. It's the best I could do on such short notice, though." Cisco says. 

" Thanks, Cisco." Iris says. 

 Iris speeds into the suit and speeds away 

" I've got hangers." Cisco says. 

" All right, here we go." Barry says as he goes to the monitor. 

 At the scene Jaco Birch is threatening to blow the place up in flames 

" Don't make us shoot you! Stand down!" Joe shouts. 

" Oh, I don't think so, copper. Not until I get my money!" Birch says. 

 " This is a mistake!" Kim says. 

" Down! Down! Take him down!" The officers shout. 

" Hold your fire!" Joe says. 

" You need to stop this." Matthew says. 

" Oh, I just got going, pal.Wait, you're that hero from the bank." Birch says. 

" I am. And I need you to stop this. "  Matthew says. 

" So you cn take my powers away like you did his? I don't think so. You just gave it to me.  " Birch says. 

" What are you talking about?" Matthew asks. 

" You didn't know that? When you took powers from him, you gave them to me.  And now I'm gonna get what he couldn't. Money!" Birch says as he throws fire on the cars. 

" I think you've done enough for today. I'll take it from here."  Iris says as she handcuffs Matthew. 

" How about we just end this right now?" Iris asks. 

" That sounds fun. Cause I was just warming up." Birch says. 

Birch creates a fire 

" What's wrong? Can't stand the heat?" Birch asks Iris. 

" All right, Iris, we need you to run around him. Create a vortex. The lack of oxygen should extinguish the flames." Barry says. 

" Can't get close to him!" Iris says. 

" Temperature's at 800 degrees. " Cisco says. 

" Like, how hot is that?" Ralph asks. 

" As hot as lava." Caitlin says. 

" Guys, we need a plan!" Iris says. 

" Oh, I got a plan, lady. And it's called give my money before I unleash hell! Yeah!" Birch says. 

The team are watching from the cortex

" What the hell is that?" Ralph asks. 

" That is a thermo cyclone." Harry says. 

" That fire's gonna get too close to those  apartments." Cisco says. 

"  And thousands of people will die." Caitlin says. 

" What do we do?" Ralph asks. 

" We turn this thing on." Harry says. 

" Harry, no, don't." Cisco says. 

" Iris needs answers." Harry says. 

" Hey, we haven't." Cisco says. 

" Come on, guys! What do I do?" Iris asks. 

" Do it." Barry says. 

" Barry, come on! I need an answer!" Iris says. 

" Hang on, Iris. Hang on." Barry says. 

" There  are 4,2827 way this could go, and all of those will fail except one. If Iris uses her speed to draw enough water from Central City Bay into her wake, she could extinguish that blaze." Harry says. 

" You want her to create a tidal wave?" Barry asks. 

" It's our only hope." Harry says. 

" Iris, I  need you to run as fast as you  can. On the water." Barry says. 

" On the water? What?" Iris asks. 

" Make sure when you run you dig your heels in and move back and forth in a tight formation." Barry says. 

" Why?" Iris asks. 

" So you drag as much water ashore as possible. Put out the cyclone." Barry says. 

" You want me to create a 100 foot tidal wave?" Are you crazy? I can't do that." Iris says. 

"  Yes you can. You told me you used to be fearless. I know that you still are. You're the bravest person that I know. You can do this. I know you can. We all do. Now run Iris Run.( Iris starts running) That's it. That's it. And then tight formations, okay? Tight formations. That's it, Iris.Keep going. Keep going." Barry says. 

" Everybody back!" Joe shouts. 

"Long live rock and roll!" Birch shouts. 

" Yes!  Nice work! She did it!" Barry says. 

" Thank you, Flash." Joe says. 

Later in the cortex

Iris and Barry in his Flash suit when Mathew starts talking 

" I'm sorry I did this you. I thought I was cleaning up the city, but I was just making it worse." Mattherw says. 

" Well, we stopped him. He's in Iron Heights, and that's all that matters now." Barry says. 

" You sure you both wanna this?" Matthew asks. 

" It's your call." Barry says looking at Iris.

" I have to say running on water is fun. But if you guys will have me, I would love to get behind the console again." Iris says. 

" Of course." Caitlin says. 

" Please, and thank you." Cisco says. 

" All ready?" Matthew asks. 

Then Matthew puts his hand on both Barry and Iris's shoulder and Barry gets his speed back 

" That's it? You okay, baby girl? " Joe asks. 

" I think so." Iris says. 

" How about you, Flash?" Caitlin asks. 

Barry speeds around the cortex

" I feel great. " Barry says. 

Cisco laughs 

" My boy's back." Cisco says. 

"Well, that's the last time I'm using that power. The city was almost destroyed because of me." Matthew says. 

" But you had no idea that would happen." Caitlin says. 

" Yeah, don't be so hard on yourself, pal." Ralph says. 

" I thought I was chosen for a higher purpose. This can't be the plan for me. " Matthew says. 

" But maybe you were chosen for a bigger one." Barry says. 

" What do you mean?" Matthew asks. 

" The guy we mentioned, Clifford Devoe, he isn't gonna stop until he gets all the bus metas. Which means we have to stop him. We could use all the help we could get."  Iris says. 

" Are you sure I can make a difference?" Matthew asks. 

" Absolutely. Devoe's shown weakness against other bus metals in the past. With your help, we might actually have a chance." Caitlin says. 

" How do we start?" Matthew asks. 

" I'll give you the tour. " Cisco says.

" All right." Matthew says. 

Cisco chuckles 

" No offense. I like my powers, so( Cisco laughs)" Cisco says. 

" So Bare You never made your own tidal wave before." Joe says. 

" No, I haven't." Barry says. 

" You go, girl." Caitlin says. 

" So what do  you say, you wanna teach an old dog a new trick?" Barry says. 

" All right. Training 6 a.m. Ooh, don't be late." Iris says. 

" You got it, boss." Barry says. 

" Welcome back( Iris goes out to talk to Ralph) Hey, Ralph." Iris says. 

" Hey." Ralph says. 

" You know, Matthew is gonna need a new buddy, too." Iris says. 

" Well, that's, uh That's assuming he stays. After he finds out Devoe has gotten everyone he's come after, he'll be terrified. Just like I am. " Ralph says. 

" Look, Ralph, I know  what you're going through." Iris says. 

" No, you don't." Ralph says. 

" Yes, I do. Last year when I thought that Savitar was going to kill me, I was scare out of mind." Iris says. 

" How did you deal with it?" Ralph asks. 

" It was really hard. But then I realized that if I hid from the world, then Savitar had already won. So I made the decision to not give into the fear. I chose to keep living." Iris says. 

"  Look, uh What I said before about you never putting your life on the line I was wrong. You make one hell of a Flash. In or out of the costume." Ralph says. 

" Thanks. ( Ralph and Iris head to the elevator) Are you going up?" Iris asks. 

 " Yeah. I think maybe it's time that Clifford Devoe paid the Mayor another visit." Ralph says. 

"  Hmm. I thought you were never leaving STAR Labs." Iris says. 

" Well, I think maybe it's time I started living again,too. Plus, we're definitely out of veggie dogs." Ralph says. 

Iris laughs

" Hey, thanks Iris." Ralph says.

Barry speeds into the loft with pizza

" Fresh from this little place that Cecile recommended." Barry says. 

" Wow. Those cravings of her are really getting intense, huh?" Iris asks. 

" Yeah, tell me about it. It's  a good thing I'm a speedster again. " Barry says. 

Iris chuckles

" You know you didn't have to give up your speed, right? I mean, I would have never asked you to." Barry says. 

" I know." Iris says. 

" Then why'd you do it?" Barry asks. 

" You know what makes a great speedster? It isn't it speed. It's being the light everyone needs when the world grows dark. It's the kind of person they are. The kind of person that always wants to help. That's why being The Flash is your destiny. But isn't mine. This is. ( Iris shows the iPad to Barry)" Iris says. 

" I'll leave you to it." Barry says as Barry kisses Iris. 

In Cisco's workshop 

" All right, take it off! Take it off, Harry! That's enough! We're already 20% over your suggested safety limits." Cisco says. 

" You've gotta give it a little more time." Harry says. 

" No, that's it. I'm shutting it down." Cisco says. 

" No, no, we're amost there! We're almost there!" Harry says. 

" You're not " Breaking Bad, Locutus! All right, I'm just disengaging the photon flow!" Cisco says. 

" Fine.( Harry takes off the cap) I don't need it anymore!" Harry says. 

" You got the names?" Cisco asks. 

" The  last two remaining bus metas. Janet Petty and Edwin Gauss." Harry says. 

------------- 

Hey lots of stuff happened and it took a lot of time to write this 

Anyways signing off 

WestAllen2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 104 11
A voice in the Speed Force reaches Barry in his Timeless state to convince him to come home. Barry misses that voice once he's back in real-time, but...
299K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
23.1K 616 25
Nora West-Allen travells back in time to spend time with her parents before everything got messed up. Her life turned upside down, her mother and fat...
9.8K 196 20
Honestly I was disappointed after watching series finale of the flash. All the villain speedsters getting knocked out in one hit 🙄😶. The finale was...