bestfriend to boyfriend? //Ni...

By jmt000

best friends since birth, but what happens when one develops feelings for the other? will it tear a family ap... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99

100

2.3K 46 59
By jmt000

5 years later....

"Yes I just landed mom, I'm about to get my rental car and then I'll come straight to your office." I said, pulling my luggage right behind me.
"Can you stop and get me a coffee on your way? The coffee shop is right around the corner from my office."
"Yes, see you soon"

I hung up the phone and after waiting for awhile, I was given the keys to my rental.
The whole ride to the coffee shop, I had flashbacks from the last five years. They were definitely an amazing five years. I spent my weeks working at a vacation resort, teaching kids how to surf. I loved every minute of it, honestly. And that time Jaden and Josh came to visit last year, that was so much fun. I taught them how to surf and how I lived off the land mostly. But as much fun as they were, I was frequently lonely. I never had much time or interest for dating, so technically I never moved on. To be fair, I was over Nick completely. I actually hadn't thought about him in such a long time, not since the divorce was final, but being back in LA definitely makes me think of him.
Before I knew it, I was in front of the coffee shop. I got lucky and there was a parking spot right in front, so I parked and went in to order our coffees.

I thanked the barista after I paid, standing off to the side as I waited.
I was scrolling through my phone, about to text Jaden when I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Is that you, Zoey?"
"Wait, Ryland?" I perked up. "Oh my god, how are you?" I smiled as I quickly hugged him, or so I tried. He held on for a moment too long, squeezing me tight.
"I've been okay, better yet what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Hawaii?!"
"Yeah.. about that. I'm back" I softly smiled.
"No way? Why?" He asked.
"I got a better job offer here in LA surprisingly, so I retired the surf board and I'm back for good"
"Wow" He nervously laughed.
"Um... how's everyone?"
"You mean, Nick? He's good. You know how him and his wife just had a baby, right?"
"Yeah, Sherry told me. I'm happy for him" I nodded.
"Yeah... about a year after you left, most of us went our separate ways. I actually just closed on a house of my own a couple weeks ago" He nervously scratched the back of his head. "I'm really glad you're back, Zoe."
"Lattes for Zoey?!" A barista yelled.
"I guess that's my cue" I shrugged, backing away toward the barista calling me name.
"Hey uh... would you maybe want to sit with me for a minute? Catch up a little?" He asked.
"I actually have to get this coffee up to my mom at her office" I said, frowning a bit. "But you can join me, if you like? Maybe we could get dinner after?"
"I would like that. A lot" He smiled, gesturing for me to walk in front of him, soon opening the door for me.
He's definitely become a gentleman since the last I had seen him.
I could get used to this.
Maybe I would.
;)

10 years later...
"Nick!! Hurry and grab the last ornament!!" I yelled from the living room.
"Coming!" He yelled back.
He placed the last ornament on the tree. An ornament in memory of my mom, who passed away from a heart attack two years ago.
I smiled as I gazed at the ornament, two familiar arms wrapping around my round, pregnant belly.
"She's smiling down on us right now, I promise"
"I know. I love you"
"I love you more my love." Ryland smiled, playing with my wedding ring.
"Can we pweaseeee have got chocolate now Aunt Zoey?" Claire pouted.
"Yes! Hot chocolate time!" I exclaimed, picking her up and running to the kitchen with her giggling along the way.
I would've never guessed my life would turn out this way, but man, I have no complaints.

Everything fell right into it's perfect place. Right at the perfect time.

...finished my favorite book just in time for my birthday 🥰
i loved every second of writing this book and i hope you guys loved it just as much as i did! be on the look out for my next one soon ❤️

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 200k READS!!!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 169 28
π‘Šβ„Žπ‘’π‘› π΄π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘Žπ‘›π‘Ž π‘Šπ‘’π‘ π‘‘π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘Ž π‘“π‘Žπ‘šπ‘œπ‘’π‘  π‘ π‘œπ‘π‘–π‘Žπ‘™ π‘šπ‘’π‘‘π‘–π‘Ž π‘–π‘›π‘“π‘™π‘’π‘’π‘›π‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑔𝑒𝑑𝑠 π‘˜π‘–π‘π‘˜π‘’π‘‘ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ 𝑏𝑦 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘œπ‘‘β„ŽοΏ½...
2.5K 11 39
After moving to La Aria and her Best friend Ashley are keen to open up their own dance studio. but there are a couple of bumps in the road. one of th...
15.5K 159 32
Your family moves from Michigan to LA What will happen when you meet sway will you fall in love with someone or get heartbroken
108K 1.8K 26
"𝒾 π“‚π’Ύπ“ˆπ“ˆ π“‚π“Ž 𝒸ℴ𝒸ℴ𝒢 π’·π“Šπ“‰π“‰β„―π“‡ π“€π’Ύπ“ˆπ“ˆβ„―π“ˆ, 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ π“Žβ„΄π“Š π“ˆπ“‚π’Ύπ“β„― π“Œπ’½β„―π“ƒ π“Žβ„΄π“Š π“π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰β„―π“ƒ 𝒢𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓃ℴ 𝒸ℴ𝓂𝓅ℯ𝓉𝒾𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃, π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒸ℴ�...