Promposal || Yuu Nishinoya

By foodiecookie

❝ i can totally PICTURE us together at prom ❞ πŸ“œβœ§.*ೃ༄ ✦ ✏ prom is just around the corner and the libero of th... More

Introduction
Prologue
Hinata's Way || Plan 02
Ennoshita's Way || Plan 03
Sugawara's Way || Plan 04
Daichi's Way || Plan 05
Yamaguchi's Way || Plan 06
Tanaka's Way || Plan 07
Tsukishima's Way || Plan 08
Kageyama's Way || Plan 09

Asahi's Way || Plan 01

1.3K 74 32
By foodiecookie

P L A N  0 1
asahi's way

・✦▭▭▭✧◦✦◦✧▭▭▭✦ ・

・✦▭▭▭✧◦✦◦✧▭▭▭✦ ・

╭       ─┉─ • ─┉─       ╮
P L A N  A
  introduce yourself
and get to know her
interests. maybe
compliment her?
╰      ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─    ╯

• • •

PLAN A... START!

"W-WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WERE TO ASK SOMEONE TO PROM?" the shy ace mumbled out in his seat as he looked down at the excited libero who was awaiting for his response. he had both of his fists clenched together seeming as if he was trying to contain his burst of energy.

"i-i would get to know her for a bit and know her interests. a few compliments here and there then m-maybe when the time is right... t-thats when i would ask her" asahi responded to the question, seeming as if he were unsure of the advise he had given to the unpredictable boy.

nishinoya nodded his head in agreement before rushing out towards the classroom but not before he yelled 'thank you asahi-san!' in the hallways. he had made a plan in his head that he would go and see her after school predicting that she was likely to be in the photography room developing her pictures.

he could be a few minutes late to practice, right?

making his way to his seat, he hunched back on his chair as he looked over to the door wishing the the teacher would just enter and get the lecture over with. he wished for dismissal to come but somehow it felt like time was against him.

he immediately averted his eyes the moment her figure entered the classroom. a blush decorated his face the moment he caught a glimpse of (y/n) entering the room with a stack of papers. he felt a thud next to him before he watched her tired figure put her bag down and collapsed into her seat. he stared at her for a few seconds seeming as if he wasn't gonna avert his eyes anytime soon. 

she had felt the stare of the libero before she felt a light blush dust her cheeks. she looked around her to see what would've gotten the energetic boy's attention but she found nothing interesting, at least to nishinoya there wasn't. he was directly staring at her. slightly waving at him she flashed him a tired smile before he did the same, but his was a bit more of an energetic grin.

"good morning" she greeted him before a yawn escaped her mouth.

"good morning!" he greeted her back with enthusiasm. somehow, she felt overwhelmed at how much energy nishinoya was holding so early in the morning. but at the same time, it felt like it was rubbing off on her. his jumpy presence made her a bit more energized.

"you look tired" he pointed out before the girl looked away in embarrassment. she attempted to hide her face through her hair to avoid the small libero from seeing her tired state. afterall, the boy next to her was indeed very handsome.

"i-i know, it's just that--"

"you look tired but you're still as beautiful as ever"

*** 

nishinoya was determined to catch her after school to ask her the question that he'd been itching to tell her ever since she entered the classroom. he felt a figure bump onto him as he was rushing through the corridors before stopping on his tracks noticing that it was the cute girl he had his eyes on. she had a camera in her hand seeming as if she was gonna go around the campus to take pictures of the sceneries and students. 

"oh! it's you again" she chuckled to herself before stepping back to make a bit of distance between her and the boy. honestly speaking, she felt like she was out of his range and would often feel dominated by his presence. she didn't know what had gotten into the boy to make him compliment her like that out of the blue. she didn't even know if she actually deserved it.

"sorry if i suddenly scared you when i complimented you. but either way, you still look pretty" he grinned at her showcasing his teeth as his eyes turned into a pair of crescent moons with the way he widened his smile. he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with him. but somehow, he had a feeling that the cute photographer already found him a tad bit weird.

afterall, she seemed to shy away whenever he would compliment her.

maybe she doesn't get complimented often? if that was the case, then people around him were blind. she was already the perfect girl to him. he wouldn't compare her to kiyoko cause he already knew that the cute photographer surpassed her in every way. at least that was the case to him.

"um... t-thank you. that's really sweet of you to say" she stuttered out. she fiddled with the button of her camera, trying to ease the awkwardness that was slowly creeping up between the couple.

"oh! wait... i didn't introduce myself yet. names nishinoya yuu! but you can call me noya for short" he pointed at himself with his thumb as he introduced himself. the (h/c) haired girl tried to hold back a laugh but a series of giggles erupted from her causing the libero to look back at her with a confused stare.

"noya, i sorta know who you are already. it's impossible to not know who you are from all the games i attended. not to mention you're really popular with the girls in our school" she chuckled as she recalled the talented libero confidentially diving into the court attempting to save and catch the ball. he was really a talented player.

"and adding to that, i'm your seatmate" she added. the libero hit himself in the head with an embarrassed smile before looking away from the girl.

he had already knew all of those things. but what surprised him the most was that she knew him from his games. usually a photographer would focus on the players that could score and showcase their abilities on the court. he already saw her amongst the crowd, but he truly expected her to be watching his talented teammates and not him.

they had the genius setter, kageyama tobio, who handles the ball like it was child's play for him. they had hinata who could easily wow the crowd with his fast reflexes and spikes. they had tanaka who dominates the side of the court. they had tsukishima who blocks the spikes like it was nothing.

given he had done some quick receives and amazing saves in the past, but why would she pay attention to a small libero who's in and out of the court the entirety of the game?

"oh, i'm just surprised that's all" he chuckled. the photographer cocked her eyebrow in confusion. who wouldn't see his vibrant and energetic aura? nishinoya yuu literally sticks out like a sore thumb.

"anyways, i'm gonna go and look around the campus. talk to you again noya" she waved goodbye before making her way outside the campus. he slowly watched her figure disappear amongst the crowd before excitedly sprinting off to the gym.

he really did it! he talked to her!

but why did it feel like he was forgetting something?

***

"chance ball!" he yelled before fixing his posture to effortlessly receive the fast ball coming his way. the ball swerved towards the grey haired setter causing sugawara to set it towards the ace of the team. the ball loudly hits the floor of the gym from the brunette's spike before the senior team cheered in victory.

"oy dumbass! you weren't quick enough!" the first year fumed in anger as he slowly marched towards the short middle blocker.

"eh? your set was the problem! you tossed it to the wrong direction!" the ginger defended as his eyes pierced the setter's blue eyes.

"that's enough you two" the captain sighed as he inserted himself between the angry first years.

"you seem to be in a good mood today noya" tanaka harshly hit the back of the libero causing him to stumble forward. he slowly caught himself before jumping up like a little kid with a wide smile plastered across his face.

"i talked to her! she was so sweet! i felt like my heart was about to rip off my chest" he excitedly said before making his way towards the clueless ace.

"thank you so much for your advise!" he bowed in front of his senior before he sweat dropped at the extra actions of the libero.

"oh? did she say yes?" this question had made the short junior stiffen before slowly looking up. "yes to what?" his face wore a look of confusion before his eyes analyzed the senior.

"yes to your invitation to prom? weren't you going to ask her?" asahi seemed even more confused with how noya was acting. surely, she said yes right?

a look of horror flashed across the libero's face causing him sulk onto the corner of the court. he repeatedly hit his head on the wall refusing to believe that he had missed his chance once again.

"my dumb ass forgot to ask her to prom!!!"

╭ ─┉─ • ─┉─ ╮

PLAN A: ASAHI'S WAY
status: F A I L E D
reason: noya forgot to ask her 

╰ ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─ ╯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 477 15
❝ 𝐈 π“π‡πˆππŠ π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 π‘π„π€π‹π‹π˜ ππ‘π„π“π“π˜. π–πˆπ‹π‹ π˜πŽπ” π†πŽ πŽπ”π“ π–πˆπ“π‡ πŒπ„? ❞ βˆ˜β—¦ β™‘ ༉━━━ That was the first thing he's ever said...
301K 11.8K 26
Rumors are terrible, nasty things. They spread like wildfire through whispers and quiet laughter. But you know they're not true. They're not. It's al...
20.4K 566 26
"Watcha looking at?" Says Tanaka worried for him. "Nothing." Nishinoya lies, while Tanaka looks over at his phone and give a sad sigh. *** "I miss he...
122K 3.5K 24
TW: mental health, mentions of depression and medication Y/N Y/L/N is a recently transferred 3rd year who has bad mental health problems. When she ge...