Manager

By wasanye

BTS, the most world famous boy band with billions of followers all over world. Followers more commonly known... More

begin.
The Part Time
The Permanent Job
The Trainig {Part 1}
The Gift Shop
"We're Friends"
I'm Here
You Went On A Date? With Who?

The Training {Part 2}

15 2 0
By wasanye

The fitting finished and Nina went back to the BigHit building with Ms. Kim as Taehyung was going somewhere else. He had a free hour, he should enjoy that, Nina thought as she was seated in the car. They reached and she quickly bowed to Ms. Kim as thank you. She had taken up the habit of bowing and Korean culture in the first year here, now it was just natural response.

She walked into the building and toward her office. She had to attend a call from a potential brand. She was a little nervous but tried to to take up points on which she would discuss the business. She needed Taehyung to be in profit, Taehyung's lawyer was here as well. He was going to he here for reference purpose, Nina had to do all the talking and pre-sealing of deal. The main sealing was done by Taehyung.

When the call came, Nina listened intently to their offers and demands. She stated he objections and what she wanted. From what she could tell, they were taking her lightly. She surprised them by going all out and putting her deal up. They said they would think about it. Nina hung up and sighed. She could have done better, she needed to up her game in arguments.

"You were pretty good." The lawyer complimented her. She thanked him and left her office after a little time. Nina closed her eyes in exhaustion and sighed. She loved her job and the money she was paid but sometimes she just wanted to quit and marry someone very rich. She quickly dismissed the idea as she thought back to BTS member's practise hours. She was nothing in front of them. This motivated her immensely and she quickly got to her work.

After half an hour, she called Taehyung.

"Nina!" He said excitedly through the speaker.

"Woah, why are you so excited?" She asked totally forgetting why she had called.

"Jungkookie is trying to act all cute in front of me and I'm accompanying him." He replied. Nina could hear someone asking who was on the phone with Taehyung's voice calling out Nina to them.

"I'm not trying to kill the mood but you have practise in some time." Nina informed.

"Yeah, we know. Thanks for informing!" Taehyung replied. His breathing was a little heavy.

"What exactly are you guys doing?" Nina asked a little confused.

"We were wrestling." Taehyung replied and Nina chuckled.

"You guys are so cute. I ship it." Nina announced.

"You are a Taekooker? Oh my God Nina seriously?" Taehyung asked bewildered.

"I am. Come on time. Enjoy while you can." Nina said and heard faint chuckling on the other side.

"Yeah we are. Nothing sexual though." Taehyung replied quickly. Nina heard chuckling again.

"Am I on speaker?" She asked.

"Yeah. Jungkook wanted to hear if you were a Taekooker himself." Taehyung replied.

"I actually did." Jungkooks voice came through the speaker.

"Ok, I'll hang up now. Bye." Nina said and heard two 'Bye' before she could hang up. She sighed and looked down at her work schedule. She was a little tired but she had work to do. She looked at the amount of mails she had to answer today, only 32 were left and she quickly got onto it.

Nina was immersed in the last reply when she heard a knock. She didn't look up and kept typing away.

"Come in!" She shouted. The person opened the door and sat down at one of the seats. The office was quiet large for Nina but she liked it as it was. It had a balcony windows to look out of. It had a mahogany table with three white rotating chairs. It had a shelf pushed to one wall while the other had decorations and paintings lining up. Nina was free to decorate it as per her but it was her first day, she would think of it after some days.

"Hi Nina. I'm Han Taebing, Jungkook's manager." The man introduced.

"Oh hi, Taebing Hyung." Nina said and quickly bowed to him while sitting. He was the same age as Jungkook which meant he was 23, an year older.

"How's work?" He asked with a wide smile. He was handsome, not BTS level handsome but he was handsome in his own way. He had an engagement ring on his ring finger which made Nina smile unconsciously. He was going to get married. She loved Korean marriages, she hoped he would invite her.

"It's good till now. It's hectic but I had expected that." She said and shrugged. He nodded his head and looked at the paintings for a moment.

"I was going up to the practise room to watch the members, if you're free you can tag along." He offered. Nina was happy he was so thoughtful. He probably wanted to make her feel included.

"Yeah sure. I just answered my last email for the day." She replied with a grin.

"That's great! Why don't we go now, I'm pretty sure they would have started by now." He stood up and Nina followed. He was in casual clothes. Nina decided to come in casuals as well, after all she wasn't going to sit in the chair all day. She needed to move about and casuals were common for managers to wear.

"So when did you join?" Nina asked as they walked towards the elevator.

"About six months ago. Unlike you I was the youngest manager here. There's Jimin hyungs manager but she's in her thirties. I was the first twenties guy to actually get hired for this job." He narrated. Nina could see the proud look in his eyes, he had broke the age limit barrier before anyone else could.

"It must have been a little hard to adjust?" Nina asked. The moment she had got to know about Jungkook's manager being an year older than her, she was ecstatic because she was a little relieved to have someone of her age here. But Taebing didn't have that and Nina was curious.

"Yeah, they all didn't expect me to handle the pressure of being an Idol's manager at such a young age but I proved them wrong. After about a month, I got used to the routine." Taebing replied. He was sporting a nostalgic smile, going through the memories of those days. By this time they were already in the elevator and going up.

A comfortable silence fell in the block of steel. Nina was thankful she had so many people supporting and encouraging her. They finally reached the floor and walked towards the practise room. The door was closed but Taebing knocked lightly and opened it. He motioned for Nina to walk in and followed after her.

The members glanced at the new comers and smiled in welcome. Nina bowed quickly and walked alongside the door and sat down on the floor. Their was other staff as well. The room was big with two walls covered with mirrors. The mirror walls were adjacent to the door wall. BTS were facing to the right of the door as they practised. A camera was set up and would record the finished choreography.

"Why don't we sit next to the camera?" Taebing asked. Nina looked up at him and nodded. She got up with the help of him. They walked and sat down next to the camera. Other staff members greeted them and soon BTS started their practice.

They're so talented, Nina thought. All the moves they did were so precise and graceful that Nina had her mouth open in shock. She had never been to a concert even though she lived in Korea. She was pretty sure she wouldn't experience this in the concert, not so up close, never. She was mesmerized by the performance. They were dancing and singing.

The thing that impressed Nina even more than she already was was how they weren't even out of breath. This was probably the first or second performance but they weren't even tired. Nina couldn't take her eyes off them. Her eyes shifted from one to other, taking in everyone's focused expression.

"Wow." Nina breathed out. Taebing chuckled softly from next to her.

"Believe me it never gets old. I have been watching them from months but I still am awestruck every time." Taebing whispered.

"I don't think anyone can ever get used to it." Nina added.

"Whenever I was upset or tired I would come to their practise. Their determination and focus always motivated me to give my best, even if I was very tired. They give their best, I should give mine." Taebing said with his eyes focused on members.

Indeed their determination did motivate Nina as well. She made a mental note to visit their practise as much as she can. She would get motivated as well as get a free concert. That was a plus.

The practise went on for some time and finally the members were given a break. They all walked to a table full of refreshments and sat down. Nina looked at their sweaty bodies and gulped. God why are they so damn sexy. She could feel her cheeks getting red as she looked from one member to other.

"Shut down your dirty thoughts Nina!" She whispered to herself. Taebing heard her and laughed out loud. The whole room looked at him while he tried to control his laughter. Nina knew she was now red as tomato.

"Sorry guys continue your work." Taebing said controlling his laughter. Nina bit her lip to control her blush.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked sitting down next to them. Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook had followed him.

"Nothing!" Nina quickly replied while Taebing started laughing again. The four members kept looking at her as she closed her eyes tightly.

"Oh come on! Tell us!" Jimin whined. Her heart uwued, how can someone be so cute yet so hot, Nina thought.

"Nina was saying how you guys-" Taebing started.

"Are so talented while I have zero talents." Nina cut in. Taebing was shaking with silent laughter. She couldn't look them in the eyes.

"Oh I don't think you're not talented at anything. I mean you are Taehyung's manager." Yoongi complimented.

"Yeah, not everyone gets the chance you know. You have the skills and so you were appointed." Taehyung said with a smile. She just wanted god to call her now. Her life was complete, now she could die in peace.

"Thanks guys that means a lot." She replied. Taebing stood up and looked down at the five of them.

"I'll take your leave guys, I have some work. Nina you can stay here if you want to." He announced and waked out of the room.

"So Nina where are you from?" Jungkook asked.

"Toronto, Canada." She replied and everyone nodded.

"When did you come here?" Jimin asked. It was like twenty questions but with all of them aimed at her and they were taking turns to ask them. Nina didn't mind, she was feeling blessed to be talking to them.

"Five years ago for study purposes." She replied.

"Why did you wanna become a manager?" Yoongi asked.

"Because I'm greedy and I love the money." She replied honestly. Taehyung chuckled while the others looked taken aback.

"Ok that came out wrong. I meant that there's of course a lot of money and how you can be close to celebrities easily so yeah." Nina corrected herself.

"Wow I seriously didn't expect that!" Jimin said amusedly. Nina groaned softly to herself. Why couldn't I just a lie about how fascinated I was when I got to know there's a job like a celebrity manager and just wanted to do it, Nina thought, her cheeks ablaze again in embarrassment.

"I mean we all want money." Yoongi shrugged.

"Yeah it's a necessity of life." Jungkook added.

"Guys I was just joking. I mean we all have our own perspective, I'm not judging Nina." Jimin defended himself. Right at the moment Nina's phone started ringing. She looked down at her phone to see her mother calling.

"Excuse me guys, it's my mom." Nina said with an excited grin. She had totally forgotten to inform her mom about this. Her mom was a busy woman and Nina rarely called her. She had raised Nina by herself while controlling a business empire. Nina's parents were divorced and she visited her dad often in her teenage years.

"Hey momma!" Nina excitedly greeted her mother. She was truly happy that inspite of being a hardworking and busy woman, her mother always made time for her. Being there for her in all her times of need and all the decision she made.

"How's my daugtah?" Cindy, her mother asked. Her voice as motherly as Nina remembered it to be when she left US.

"I'm going good! You won't believe who I am working for now!" Nina exclaimed.

"Who?" Her mother asked, her voice lowered in excitement.

"The Kim Taehyung!!! Momma can you believe it!!" Nina whispered shouted excitedly. She could hear her mother squealing. After all her mother was an ARMY as well.

"No way, my daughtah is the manager of V! Oh my gawd! I'mma go and brag to all my ARMY friends." Her mother replied with a giggle. They always had a healthy relationship. Her serious demeanour changing to that of a child with her daughter.

"Yes mom. I was so happy when I got to hear it!" Nina replied, now with a normal voice.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Her mother asked with a Curt voice.

"Oh Mom, it's my first day here today. I just got the job." Nina replied unfazed.

"Oh Nina what are you doing talking to me, go and do your work and impress them all with your ungodly management skills." Her mother ordered.

"Aye aye captain!" Nina replied and they bidded each other goodbye. Nina hung up and peeked inside the practise room. Only Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting where they had. Yoongi was on the snacks table while Jimin had disappeared somewhere.

Nina walked in and sat down next to Taehyung. He looked down at her and wiggles his eyebrows.

"What?" Nina asked with a chuckle. He was looking so cute doing that.

"How did your mother react?" He asked.

"She was happy and she told me she was going to brag about me to her ARMY friends." Nina replied.

"Your mother's an ARMY too?" Jungkook asked with his doe eyes widened. Nina uwued at the sight. So chuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

"Yeah." Nina replied with a sigh. Her phone pinged and she looked down to see a message from her mom.

'Send me a picture of you with the members.' it said.

"Guys would you mind if we clicked a selfie?" She asked. Taehyung and Jungkook looked at her nodded simultaneously. They got huddled closer and Nina had a heart attack. Jungkook was leaning on her shoulder while Taehyung took her phone and leaned back on her other shoulder. Nina was sure she was going to die. Her face was red again.

"Cheese!" Taehyung cheekily exclaimed. Nina looked into the camera and smiled. She was feeling blessed, she was thanking her past life self for doing the good deeds that she was being rewarded for right now. Jungkook has his head on my shoulder! Nina was going to faint.

"Nina you're very red, are you going to faint?" Taehyung asked concerned.

"I might." Nina replied without a thought. Jungkook looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

"Are you ok?" He asked and Nina gulped. She wasn't going to tell him it was because of him.

"Come on Jungkook, Taehyung!" Namjoon shouted. The said boys got up and left. Nina fanned her face and tried to calm herself down. She looked at the selca and gulped. This was going to take time getting used to, she thought. The proximity had pretty much killed her.

The song started and Nina looked up, entranced already. BTS were going to be the end of her. They could sit and she would swoon. Soon she was giving them heart eyes.

Nina looked at the phone screen and hit her head softly. She had work, she couldn't just keep sitting here admiring BTS even though she wouldn't mind. She quickly got up and silently left the room. She took the elevator to her office floor and quickly checked the schedule. She had an appointment with Taehyung's doctor. She had called Nina for inspection of monthly charts.

She quickly left the building and got in her car. She drove towards the doctor's personal clinic. She reached in about ten minutes and entered the clinic which was located in a popular area of Seoul.

BTS had ended their practise and we're resting again. Yoongi and Jin had went to the washroom and the rest were sitting scattered across the room. Jungkook was sitting with Jimin and Namjoon. They weren't talking much, just laying down and relaxing their bodies.

"Namjoon Hyung, how's everything with Vartika?" Jungkook asked, out of the blue. Vartika and Namjoon were dating from the past the four years. She was studying in a university here and was graduating soon. They had met through a fan sign. Jungkook always teased them at how cliche it was.

"She's doing fine. She has her mid terms right now. We aren't able to talk much." Namjoon replied with a sigh.

"How do you maintain your relationship. I mean we're always busy and she's a student. Do you guys even meet?" Jungkook asked, curiosity dripping from his voice.

"I mean we figure something out. Right now she's just studying and even though she wants to meet, I deny her. I want her to be successful in life." Namjoon replied, his voice taking an admiring tone.

"Why are you so curious Jungkook?" Jimin asked in a teasing tone. Jungkook gave him a deadpan face.

"I don't know and it's not what you think. I don't have someone in my mind." Jungkook replied looking away. Nina had gone while they were still practising. Taehyung and Hoseok were playing some games on their phones.

"Look me in the eye and say it." Jimin teased further.

"I don't like anyone Jimin." Jungkook said looking Jimin in the eyes.

"It's Hyung for you." Jimin warned playfully and Jungkook rolled his eyes. They were always bickering.

"Ok guys stop." Namjoon said with a chuckle. His phone pinged and he quickly pulled it out of his pocket. His eyes lit up and a small smile broke out.

"From the look of his face I'm guessing it's Vartika." Jin said sitting down next to Jungkook. Everyone chuckled and Namjoon scowled at their teasing.

"Admit it Namjoon, you love her." Yoongi sassed. Everyone looked at Namjoon for his reaction. For what Jungkook knew, they were still in the like phase. Love was a big word after all.

"I think I do." Namjoon said softly. It looked like he was just realizing it now.

"I thought it was obvious by now!" Jin said incredulously.

"It was to us Hyung. Namjoon just realized it." Yoongi added with a chuckle. Namjoon was busy texting away. Everyone laughed at his smitten expression. Vartika had him wrapped around her finger.

"What is it that we're missing?" Hoseok asked sitting behind Jimin. Taehyung sat down beside Namjoon and peeped at his phone screen. His eyebrows raised.

"What are they talking about?" Jin asked excitedly.

"You don't wanna know Hyung." Taehyung replied. Namjoon's gaze snapped to Taehyung and he quickly hid his phone.

"Oh come on tell us!" Jimin whined.

"They're talking about having sex." Taehyung replied. Jungkook's, Jimin's and Hoseok's eyes widened. Jin just looked angry. Yoongi's expression didn't change.

"Namjoon-ah! You're sexting my precious innocent Vartika!" Jin shouted. Namjoon looked at him confused.

"I'm not. She's asking me a math question." Namjoon replied, Taehyung chuckled.

"But isn't she a science major?" Jungkook asked confusedly.

"Physics, Jungkook, is math's sister." Jimin patronized. Jungkook chuckled and Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"You know it's not that hard." Namjoon intervened.

"You're the one to talk Mr. 148 IQ." Yoongi sasses. Namjoon just rolled his eyes and went back to his phone. It had been an hour and half since they began practise.

"Jungkook-ah, Hoseok told me you find Taehyung's new manager hot. Is that true?" Jin asked sceptically.

"He did." Taehyung interjected.

"I did." Jungkook added.

"Oh god Jungkook, you were supposed to say no! Now he's gonna give you a lecture about safe sex and all that." Jimin groaned.

"Like he gave all of us." Yoongi added.

"He did? When did that happen? Why did no one tell me?" Jungkook asked while looking around.

"Well it wasn't a very open subject to talk about." Hoseok replied.

"Well we'll talk later Jungkook. When we're both free." Jin said with a glare.

"But Jin Hyung I know all about condoms and safe sex." Jungkook whispered.

"What how?" Jin asked.

"I mean, I don't know. Internet." Jungkook replied sheepishly.

"Boys! Practise!" Their choreographer announced and all of them stood up to start practise.

Nina stepped back into BigHit's building. She went to her office to start her work. She had some calls to make and some contracts to see through. She would go through that and then Taehyung's lawyer would go through it.

She had gone through all the contracts and stepped out of her office. It had taken her two hours to go through all of them. She stretched slightly and took a walk to the snacks area and ordered a chicken salad, cheese burger and orange juice. She sat down at a table and started eating. There was an occasional inflow and outflow of employees. Some bowed to her while some ignored her.

"Hi is this seat empty?" A smooth voice asked. Nina looked up with her mouth full to see Jimin standing with a cheeky smile on his face. She quickly gulped and nodded.

"Thanks." He replied and sat down. He didn't have any food with him and Nina didn't dare look at him.

"Why are you shy now?" He asked.

"I'm just eating." She replied with a slight blush.

"Well what are you eating?" He further asked.

"Cheeseburger and salad." She replied.

"Nice combination." He teased. Soon Jin and Yoongi arrived with three trays of food.

"Yo asshole carry your own tray!" Yoongi cussed at Jimin. Jimin looked at him with a pout and took his tray quickly. It only had a veg salad, nothing else. Nina knew all too well how the members were on those hard ass diets. She wasn't going to ask and make him uncomfortable.

"Yoongi-ah! No cursing in front of me and food!" Jin scolded Yoongi. Yoongi winced slightly and sat down meekly.

"Sorry Hyung." He apologized.

"You better be sorry. Now eat your food in silence." Jin ordered and everyone started eating. Nina was just relishing the moments that she usually saw on her mobile screen.

She was sitting their uncomfortably eating her food. The air was awkward as they all ate in silence. Soon Namjoon and Taehyung also entered the cafeteria and Jimin waved to them. They both got their food and came the table. Taehyung and Namjoon sat down on either side of Nina. Her first day was seriously just so good, she was going to faint.

"Nina!" Taehyung shouted. Nina winced. He was sitting right next to her. She cowered back from his screaming.

"Taehyung! No shouting." Jin scolded.

Taehyung huffed and they all started eating. Soon when everyone was done, one by one they all left. Nina walked to her office to place the calls.

The phone calls took a lot of her time and she checked Taehyung's schedule one last time. She dropped a message to him telling him about his appointments and quickly arranged her table. Her assistant had told her that Ms. Kim had asked for her to visit her before leaving.

She quickly walked into Ms. Kim's office and greeted her. She also looked like she was heading out.

"Ah Nina. I forgot. I just wanted to tell you how good of a job you did today. I hope you stay with Taehyung as long as his carrier lasts." Ms. Kim praised Nina. Nina bowed to her quickly in thank you.

"It's a pleasure ma'am." She replied with a small blush.

"Now I suppose you're heading out?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just finished everything." Nina replied.

"Good, I'll give you your contract and I would like for you to return it signed in two to three days." Ms. Kim said and handed over a file.

"Ok ma'am. I'll take your leave now." Nina replied and bowed for the last time. She walked to her office and kept the folder in her toot. Nina took the elevator to the ground floor and walked to her car. She got in and started driving home.

--x--

~A/N~

Sup babies. This is a huge ass chapter as well. 4152. I always go all out but I just wanted it to end with the day ending. Now all the Namjoon stans reading this, I'm sorry. The idea just popped into my head and I was like why not.

Show your love and stream Dynamite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 104 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
44.6K 2.3K 21
{COMPLETED} jimin is a gym trainer, he is super fit and is famous for how well he trains people to becoming fit and strong, jimin is also an idol, h...
63K 3.7K 44
JEON JUNGKOOK...That's his name. A very popular artist with Billions of fans. He's a vocalist, rapper and also a dancer. He's simply the most popular...
77.1K 4K 49
BTS is the biggest boy band in the world, they are known worldwide and have millions and millions of fans. on stage they interact with their fans and...