Knock on wood | Oliver Wood (...

By imweirdthatway

"I hate quidditch!" She shouted in anger. Oliver raised an eyebrow at her. "I also hate you!" "Now now, you... More

Part I: 1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18
19
20
21
Part II: 22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
A/N
47.
Part III: Prologue
49.
I made some Changes
50!
51
52
Epilogue
Book 2
100K reads!

27

4.3K 201 277
By imweirdthatway

Oliver mounted his broom and took off, ready for the match. His mind was focused solely on the game. Winning this game would help his team a lot.
Madame hooch blew the whistle and the Quaffle was thrown into the air and the chasers leapt towards the Quaffle.

Delilah and Clarissa made their way to the stands, "Wait, shouldn't you be out there, playing?"
"Oh, I left the team last year. OWLs were killing me, did I not tell you?" Clarissa informed.
"You missed out that detail"

The match was going pretty well. Oliver has been blocking quite a lot of Quaffle coming his way.
His eyes went to Harry who had successfully spotted the snitch. He followed Harry with his gaze until the boy swooped under the stands. Oliver's eyes flickered to the stands and he froze. He couldn't believe his eyes. Blinking furiously and the boy tried to see if he was dreaming or just hallucinating but there she stood with a smile on her face looking right back at him. He felt his heart race faster than it was before and he couldn't process the bludger coming right at his broom.
He felt a big jerk as he fell off his broom and onto the floor. Luckily the bludger didn't hit him and he wasn't flying that high. He stood up on one leg, the other was too weak, his arm hurt and his neck did too. Madame hooch called for a time out so they could take Wood off the pitch as the players hovered above in their spots.

Running right at the pitch Delilah called out for Oliver, "Are you okay!?" She had a look of horror on her face. She was refrained from entering the actual pitch for safety reasons and stood at the edge.
Oliver's lips curled up into a weak smile and he lifted his hand to wave at her. She chuckled and waved back.
"Madame Pomfrey! Fix my arm! I'll handle the leg. I have a game to win!" He said enthusiastically.
The woman shook her head but quickly fixed his broken leg and arm, "I suggest you don't play, Wood"
"Too late, I'm already on my broom" He quickly made his way to the broom and mounted it.
"Harry! That snitch! Fred George! Be careful this time! Angelina defense! Alicia and Katie! You know what to do!"
The game started again and the keeper got to work.

Oliver was beyond exhausted but when Harry caught the snitch, he was jumping wit joy.
"Can I take that snitch please.." he had already told Harry how important that snitch was and he would want it back and the boy didn't mind.
Harry handed the snitch to Oliver who was completely thrown off when Delilah ran towards him.
"I- I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! You know I never meant those things! Except the part that You're annoying, because you are. But you're okay! Thank Godric! I would've killed you if you died today and-"
Delilah was blabbering and speaking rather rapidly.
Oliver put one hand on each of her shoulder and literally shook her, "Calm down Lil! You're hyperventilating!" He laughed and she stopped. The girl looked at Oliver and Oliver looked at the girl.
"You're okay.." He said, the smile from his face not even twitching.
"I'm okay.." She breathed, "and I'm sorry"
"I'm sorry too. I missed you"
"And I, you!" She launched are him into a hug and Oliver barely caught himself as he stumbled back a few steps.
Pulling back, Oliver handed her the snitch, "We won it for you, it's yours" He smiled but Delilah's faltered.
"No, keep it. I'm not ready for it, not yet.." He solemnly nodded and put it back in his pocket.

It was an unsaid rule. Delilah was to be at the pitch at 2 am, Oliver arriving short after.
"This feels nice" Delilah smiled.
"It really does"
"Thanks for being there every day.." Delilah turned her face to Oliver who turned a bright shade of red.
"I wasn't there everyday" He didn't look back at her.
Delilah scoffed, "Thats not what Pomfrey said," she lightly punched his shoulder, "admit it, Wood. You love me!" The girl teased and Oliver turned five shades redder than before.
"N-no I don't!"
"Sure" she winked at him with a grin. "How's your arm, leg,neck and everything?" She asked.
"Fine. My neck still hurts a bit but it's whatever. We won!" He threw his arms in the air.
"That you did" Delilah leaned into Oliver's arm and the boy didn't move, partly because he was shocked and partly because he was too comfortable.
"What did I miss in the last two months?" The raven haired girl asked.
"Class and homework. A lot of homework"
"I meant gossip idiot!"
"Well, nothing much. Though, Connor and Alex did have this huge fight." Oliver told her.
"What happened?"
"Connor came into the common room and said that love never existed and we asked him why and he told us that Alexander ate all his leftover chocolate"
"That's not a huge fight" Delilah laughed.
"It is when they're that dramatic!"
"Says Mr. I tried to drown myself in the shower because I lost one match"
"That was one time!" Delilah sat up and looked at him, "okay two times"

Delilah sat in the gryffindor common room on a Saturday winter morning in her cozy jumper and warm pajamas, desperately trying to braid her long black hair which had gotten a bit longer. Her arm hurt too much and she wasn't in the mood for it.
"Clare, braid my hair for me please!" Delilah requested.
"I don't know how to braid hair Lil, you know that" Clarissa told her as she shivered over the memory of Delilah's tangled hair in second year when they comb got completely stuck in it and she had to cut some of it off.
"I'll guide you."
"No, ask someone else. I don't want the second year incident to happen again" Clarissa told her and Delilah nodded.
Across from Delilah, Percy stood up and walked over to the couch, "I'll do it" the two girls exchanged looks  before staring at Percy completely amused.
"You can braid hair?"
"Yes, I can" He held his hand out for the comb and Delilah passed it on to him, still in shock.
"Sit on the floor, I'll French braid it" Clarissa scoffed at his statement and Delilah looked at him completely baffled.
"Bill has long hair, he taught Charlie how to braid his hair. Charlie taught me before going to Hogwarts because mum was busy with the twins and Ron and someone had to braid Ginny's hair in different hairstyles." Percy explained, "it was supposed to be a one time thing but it ended up being a routine until she cut her hair short."
Percy sat on the sofa and Delilah sat on the floor in front of him as he braided her hair when Alexander and Oliver walked in.
"What's happening?"
"Did you know Percy knows how to plait hair?" Clarissa asked.
"Yeah, he tried to plait Alexander's hair when they grew out much longer but they weren't long enough" Oliver chuckled.
"You guys should learn something from him!" Delilah told Alex and Oliver. The two sat near the other three as Alexander laughed.
"I'm serious! When you get a girlfriend or daughter or sister or just best friend, you might want to help her out sometime!" Delilah said before turning to Percy, "You're the best, you know?" She grinned widely and Percy nodded. He turned her head back to the front and continued to plait her long hair.
"Okay, what if I do learn it?" Oliver stood up and sat next to Percy as if he was being challenged. Alexander and Clarissa shared a look with the boy and laughed at his behavior.
"Well, then you can plait my hair everyday!" Delilah chuckled.
"He wouldn't mind that" Alexander teased and Oliver threw a comb at him. The boy turned back to Delilah, "Fine" He said and then continued to carefully watch Percy as he did the complicated braiding.
"You should start basic Oliver, this one's too hard for you" Percy told him with a wink.
"Show off"

Delilah walked with Jesse and Connor to potions as the three talked and laughed. Dropping them off, Jesse moved on his way to the Great hall for his free period.
When Connor and Delilah walked into the classroom, Delilah was hit was a very distinct smell. She couldn't point her finger on it but it was rather familiar. They sat down on their usual seat as Snape approached their desk, "Welcome back Ms. Rose. You should know that I will not be giving you any exceptions for being absent in class for two months. You will have to catch up to everyone on your own," the slimey haired professor told her, "I want 15 inches on Felix Felicis by Monday as well"
"But sir-"
"-No excuses"
Snape walked off and Delilah grumbled in her seat. She swore that the potions master specifically hated her for Merlin knows what reason.
As she turned around the talk to Percy and Oliver behind her, she immediately recognized the smell, "Jeez Oliver! Did you polish your broom today?"
"No I didn't"
"Well, the whole class smells like your broom polish. The special one you use before a match and also your leather quidditch gloves. Seriously, you need to stop going to that pitch so much"
Oliver raises a brow at her, "I haven't even seen my broom since the match or touched my quidditch attire, what are you on about? The room smells like Roses and Daises and Jasmines and your shampoo!" Oliver complained, "after attempting to plait your hair, my hands only smell like your shampoo!"
Connor and Percy looked between the two, Connor completely confused and Percy smirking like an evil genius, "You both might want to pay attention on today's class.." He tried his best to control his laughter.

The class started soon after and Professor snape spoke up, "Who can tell me what potion is in front of you?" He asked and Percy immediately raised his hand.
"No one?" Snape ignored.
"Sir! I do!" Percy tried to reach higher to gain his attention. The potions master ignored Percy completely, "it's Amortentia" Percy spoke up.
"Speaking our of turn, Mr. Weasley. 10 points from Gryffindor," Snape paced around the classroom, "This is Amortentia. It's also called a love potion, the strongest one. The scent of this potion differs from person to person. You smell what you love. You have the rest of the class to brew it. Begin now"
Delilah's eyes widened and Connor looked at her in amusement, "you smelt Oliver's gloves and broom polish!" He noted in excitement. Delilah's face went completely red. She didn't look back at Oliver for the rest of class.
Oliver banged his head on the table and did not look up for several minutes, partially because he was embarrassed by all the looks the two were getting and partially because he was trying to hide his wide grin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6.2K 62
Who the bloody hell is Kathy Wood? Well, everyone knows her brothers crazy obsession with quidditch. But, who knows her? (FRED WEASLEY) {L I N K...
7.2K 116 28
this story is an Oliver Wood x reader fan fiction. English is not my first language so if there are any mistakes in de story please comment so I can...
380K 8.2K 61
Fred Weasley +18: smut : mature themes With the Quidditch season about start, it's Oliver Wood's last chance to win the Inter-House Quidditch Cup, wh...