The Girl He Had To Marry- An...

By Semper-Ubi-Sub-Ubi

**COMPLETED AND EDITING** A man was murdered in his home, leaving only his daughter Penelope Marshall. He wa... More

Author's Note
Prologue: Ten Years Earlier
Chapter One: The Funeral
Chapter Two: At Work
Chapter Three: Meeting a Mystery Man
Chapter Four: Hungover and Moving Out
Chapter Five: City Tour and Home Sweet Home
Chapter Six: Meeting The Fiance and Family
Chapter Seven: Rules and Getting Ready
Chapter Eight: The Wedding
Chapter Nine: Unpacking Leads to Anger
Chapter Ten: Preparations with a New Friend
Chapter Eleven: Mystery Man and Mom
Chapter Twelve: First New York Audition
Chapter Thirteen: The Cafe
Chapter Fourteen: Spiraling
Chapter Fifteen: Meeting the Therapist
Chapter Sixteen: Trying Self Care
Chapter Seventeen: First Session
Chapter Eighteen: The Break Up
Chapter Nineteen: The Restaurant I
Chapter Twenty: The Restaurant II
Chapter Twenty One: The Drive Back
Chapter Twenty-Two: Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Three: Another Chance
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Final Performance
Chapter Twenty-Five: Good Deeds
Chapter Twenty-Six: Preparing for Thanksgiving
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Thanksgiving I
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Thanksgiving II
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Surprise Guest
Chapter Thirty: Goodnight Romano Family
Chapter Thirty-One: Back to the City
Chapter Thirty-Two: First Meeting
Chapter Thirty-Three: Deciding I
Chapter Thirty-Four: Deciding II
Chapter Thirty-Five: Meeting the Cast
Chapter Thirty-Six: Long Day
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Home
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Frustration and Growth
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Working With the Co-Star
Chapter Forty: The Car and The Plan
Chapter Forty-One: Confessions With The Therapist
Chapter Forty-Two: Two Weeks Super Speed
Chapter Forty-Four: One Fateful Night
Chapter Forty-Five: What Now?
Chapter Forty-Six: Personal Chauffeur
Chapter Forty-Seven: Tech Week on Tuesday Through Sunday
Chapter Forty-Eight: First Act
Chapter Forty-Nine: Second Act
Chapter Fifty: Final Act
Epilogue: Christmas Eve
Final Author's Note

Chapter Forty-Three: The Dress

3.1K 124 5
By Semper-Ubi-Sub-Ubi

It was a normal Monday morning. After a weekend of rest and relaxation, Quentin and Penny both woke up at their new normal and ate breakfast. This was the last day Penny was working at her normal location. Tomorrow, on Tuesday, she was moving to the stage. The show has officially been finished, however there were many things that needed work. 

One being the fact that she hasn't actually practiced "the kiss" with Corey. It wasn't something she was looking forwards. She always has been responsible and mature about stage kissing, but with Corey, it makes her skin crawl. 

"Are you excited about moving to stage tomorrow?" Quentin asked, stuffing his faces with eggs and toast. 

"Yeah!" Penny replied happily. "It will a nice change, even though I will miss the space. I'm excite to she the finished set, we have just been working with trash basically." 

Penny laughed remembering how the crew dragged in literally chairs and tables they found off the street. To Quentin, it sounded like Christmas bells. 

"Oh!" Penny remembered to tell him, "I'm also getting my costume today. Hopefully it not to reveling."

I really hope not, because I might have to hurt someone, Quentin growled inside his own head. His eyes widened once he processed the thoughts. He doesn't want to be this possessive and toxic boyfriend. However, he also doesn't like that Corey dude up close, and touching her. He told her that today was going to be the day the stage kiss actually happens. 

If they were public with- whatever relationship they had- he would give Corey a swift punch in the face. It was courteous after basically stalking the poor woman and not picking up hints. 

Quentin loves the fact that Penny felt comfortable talking to him about these things. It came to a point when nothing was off the table. He literally told her yesterday about how he had a really good bowel movement the other day. Penny was happy for him. 

It was strange to be this comfortable with someone he was romantically attracted too. She was used to his mood swings and knew how to deal and avoid problems. He knew when she was starting to settle into numbness and sadness, and he knew how to get her out of bed each morning. 

While Penny was finishing up the dishes, Quentin stood at the front door ready to leave, "Bye, Penny! See you when you get home!"

He opened the door, and took one step out in- "Wait!" Penny shouts, pausing him and getting his attention. She came rushing over, holding something in her hand, "You forgot your phone."

She stood right in front of him. He gave her a big smile, a quick thanks, and a gentle kiss on the cheek before heading out into the hallway. 

Penny finished her duties in the kitchen, clearing any leftover junk from the table and putting the dishes in the washer. This were typically duties of her old maid and friend, Ms. Birdie; however, since she is gone visiting family back in San Francisco, it was up to Penny. Quentin could do the dishes, but since he cooked it all, Penny found it fair that she was in charge of clean up. 

She paused for a second, after finishing all her kitchen duties, and thought about Ms. Birdie. She hoped and prayed that the older woman was doing okay. She wishes she could contact her, but the number Penny used seemed to be not working. She would be concerned, but there honestly nothing to be concerned of. Ms. Birdie was a quiet woman and no one was out to hurt her. Penny did get an email from her typical address, saying how everything is good and that she needs more time. Penny sent email after email, but still no word. 

Penny lifted her phone and checked the time. She had to get to work. She grabbed a large, warm coat, her big bag full of anything she might need, and slipped on her shoes. Not long after Quentin, she was out the door, heading to her own job. 

***

After warm-ups (both physical and vocal), announcements, and some mingling, it was time to try on her costume. Penny was basically jumping from foot to foot in excitement. She was the last one to receive her pieces. She fell in love with every single piece her friends wore. The males costumes were a little lackluster, but each showed care and attention. The stripper outfits were each unique and perfectly fitted to complement all the different body sizes. 

Rosa came in the smaller rehearsal room, with a dark gray costume bag. She hung it up on a random steel pole and unzipped it slowly and carefully, like she just wanted to tease the poor girl. Slowly, she revealed a dazzling, light purple dress with small flecks of silver glitter embedded into the fabric. Rosa took the dress from the hanger, throwing the piece of material to Penny, only saying, "Go to the bathroom."

Penny quickly took off to the closest woman's room. She entered the handicap stall for optimal movement, and then stripped all her close off. She even took off her bra. She unhooked the dress from the hanger, feeling the fabric on her fingertips. It was made from two layers. The top was made from  a very subtle, yet white, sparkle tulle that was rough against her fingertips. She couldn't feel the bottom layer, but it was a smooth, satin, light purple fabric. Soon, she did feel the satin layer when she slid the dress up her body. The fabric cooled her excited skin and slide easily. 

Much like the other costumes, the skirt wasn't a full skirt. Underneath a pair of match purple shorts were sewed into the dress. The dress had thin little spaghetti straps that were tight enough to never slip from her shoulders. The bust was made from a wear, creating a bustier bodice. It formed delicate cups and manage to fit Penny's below-average breast perfect, and happened to make them look amazing in the process. It was a body-con style, so it had to clenching waist line that would cut in unflattering places. Instead, the hold thing just clenched to her body, exaggerating every curve she had. The front had to long seams from right under her breast to the bottom of the tight skirt. The whole thing was also ruched, added texture to the whole look. Lastly, the bottom skirt ended fairly high up her thigh, but with having shorts under her dressed, it really didn't matter to her. 

Penny tried to get a good look at herself in the dingy bathroom mirror, watermarks and poor lighting making it difficult. 

She was hot and sexy! 

And extremely confident.

Penny felt like should could conquer the world. After years of being put down by her father, hearing demeaning and harassing remarks from past directors, and being hunted by Corey, she felt like she could step on every man's throat. 

No longer was any man going to get in the way of her happiness. 

Ironically, to her, a man was part of that happiness, and herself was in the way. 

No for long! Penny told herself. Right there in the bathroom, she told herself that upon arriving home, she was doing something. Whether that something was confessing her feelings to Quentin or just straight up kissing him, something was going to happen. 

Chest and chin held high and back straight, Penny strutted from the bathroom back to the rehearsal room. Rosa was still there, but now Yoora and Diane were also there, excited to see the finished product. 

"You did my work good, girl," Rosa said, taking in her appearance. She looked around from mistakes, anything that didn't fit right, or something. She asked Penny questions on how it was fitting and if she was comfortable. Nothing seemed to be wrong with the dress. 

Diane started to speak, "This dress is wonderful, Rosa! Amazing work as always." She then shifted her attention to Penny, "I want you to wear this dress all day. I want to you feel as comfortable as possible."

Penny gave her two thumbs up. 

"Okay, go to the stage room. We are starting from act two."

When she entered the bigger room, all eyes were suddenly on her. The girls and Adam were shouting from the back encouraging words. Thomas smiled. He seemed a little awkward, but it only because he didn't want to come off as creepy. He did tell her later how wonderful she looked. The only people silent were Corey (of course, he was basically salivating) and Malia. In the two weeks, she confided in Penny and told her how she was bisexual. She also told her she had a slight crush on her. It was fairly obvious to Penny now that she had a crush, since Malia was blushing and averted her eyes away, like she was being respectful. 

If Penny didn't already have feelings for Quentin, it is very possible that she could have feelings for Malia. 

Corey, on the other hand, stared long and hard at the poor woman. His gaze, moving down her body and then back up, settling around her chest. Penny tried hard to put on a scolding look, but clearly he wasn't looking at her face. She turned her body away, and he got a good view of her butt. It was like she could get a break with this guy. 

She was going to have to punch him in the face. 

Maybe you should ki-

No! A strange and unfamiliar thought creeps into her mind, like the disturbing was making itself home. Her darkest secret was going to follow her to the grave. She can't have vile thoughts like that fill the emptiness in her mind. 

Penny looks down at her hands. She could almost feel the red liquid imprinted on her hands and stuck underneath her fingernails. The sharp, biting smell of metal wafts into her nose, making her throat close and her stomach twist. 

"Hey, Penny, put your shoes on...wait are you okay?" Yoora softly touches her shoulder, making Penny turn around violently. Yoora stood there, with her usual shoes (a pair of tight knee-length, white, leather, go-go boots) and a concerned look on her face. 

Penny realized that there was no blood on her hands and all she could smell was a lingering scent of plastic flooring and sweat. She wasn't home in San Francisco, she was in New York. Aubrey told Penny that whenever she felt like she was drifting from reality and entering a flashback, to remind herself that she isn't there anymore and to then take note of where she actually was. She found the grounding exercise calming. 

"Yeah, I'm good," She takes the shoes into her own hands. Finally able to have Corey's eyes not on her, she sits behind a table and zips the shoes up. 

Then rehearsals started. She wasn't onstage at first, she relaxed off stage, just watching the talented men and woman onstage. She might hate Corey, but she must admit that he was incredibly talented and skilled. Soon she was thrusted onto the faux stage to perform her bits and pieces. At first, she was worried by the fact she didn't have a real bra, but the dress was very supportive. 

She danced and moved around with ease, as if it was a second skin. Everyone could see a new confidence in Penny. No longer was she just an actor playing a role. In that simple purple dress, she was Scarlet. She not once missed a line, cue, or movement. Not once did her emotions fall flat. She seemed like a natural born killer on stage. 

The truth was, all of that was fueled by the glaring eyes of Corey. She channeled her emotions back into her performance, wishing she could take out this last scummy man with her own hands. 

Then... 

Oh god, it's time! Penny groaned in her head. She was going to have to put her lips on his sleazy fish lips. She wasn't looking forwards to it. She wasn't sure how she was going to act as those she was in love with him. 

Love and hate is a very fine line. 

However, Penny was firmly planted and rooted on the hate side. 

Nonetheless, they both had similar body emotions, just different motivations. 

The scene was that the two were ending there date, singing about little details that they notices and appreciated about each other. The cliche love song of all musicals that people tend to skip to get to the action packed numbers. Penny throughout the whole thing felt like she was just grinning and bearing it all. Corey looked every genuine. It disturbed her a lot. 

Soon, she was in his arms, looking straight up at him, singing the final note. It ends, and Scarlet raises her heels to kiss the undercover cop, Sam. Penny rested her lips on his. They were surprisingly soft and not really fishy at all. There lips didn't move much, since it wasn't suppose to be a full make out session on the stage. The last note hit, they heard cut lights, and they broke apart, and walked off stage quickly. 

Penny stood, facing away from Corey, who's smiling like an idiot. She hesitantly brought her hand to her hips. 

It actually wasn't that bad of a kiss. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.5K 54
โžค STARTED: MARCH 14, 2020 โžค ENDED: DECEMBER 12, 2020 ๐˜๐˜๐˜Ž๐˜๐˜Œ๐˜š๐˜› ๐˜™๐˜ˆ๐˜•๐˜’๐˜๐˜•๐˜Ž: ๐˜๐˜ˆ๐˜›๐˜๐˜Œ๐˜™-๐˜‹๐˜ˆ๐˜œ๐˜Ž๐˜๐˜›๐˜Œ๐˜™ #1 ๐Ÿฅ‡ . . . Ellie Locks has bee...
1.8M 46.2K 128
She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he had left. Billionaire Damien Daniels ha...
37.6K 1K 27
Iva Faith's life turns upside down when she accidentally kills a billionaire's wife, who also had an eight-month-old beautiful son. To save herself f...
1.1M 31.2K 59
TAKEN SERIES: BOOK TWO TW: mature themes and strong language, violence, sexual assault, self harm, manipulation, death, grief, etc. NOT FOR THE FAIN...