The Queen's service...

Por MissHoll-E-Socks

{Sequel to: 'Can I take you to dinner?} "Miss me, sweets?" ....... "I... I uh, know this is going to sound te... Más

All ends end with beginnings
Through the eyes of the awake
Frustrations
Resurfacing from the basin
"Do I know you?"
Crown Jewel of the block
Dr. Gaster will see you now
'Stealing' what was already his
Back to life
Enemy

RESET

1.3K 67 118
Por MissHoll-E-Socks

Did time have a stop button?

Say, a button alike those you would find on a lap watch? A stop watch? If it did, it certainly revealed itself in that moment, that millisecond- that fraction of time that managed to knock the wind from your lungs as you turned—

Him, he— Sans. Sans.

There was.... there was no- no— you— he- you stared at the heaving skeleton that was planted behind you, your eyes blurring as you stifled a roar of emotions in your chest that only grew louder with the filled silence only New York could provide. One hundred years. A century of waiting on a selfish fool. "Wifey?" Came the broken call, more a question than it's normal cocky statement. You met his wavering pupils, still hidden in the shadow of his sockets as they were when they frequented your nightmares.

You took a step back- he advanced in a slow shuffle, his arms leaving their sides as they creaked open, air popping from the pressed joints. You could only stare on- a mindless buzz entered your brain, a jolt of a volt- that sheer magnetic, static electricity that came with the monster before you as cheesy as it was, like a soulful magic of old. He seemed almost anxious as he suddenly stopped short of you, staring earnestly. Watching. Waiting. With arms stretched open. Blue stood glaring from over your shoulder, perched with a most possessive, loathing look one could conjure as his gaze lined back and forth between you two. His soul twitched in a rather ugly way, it was painful, angry— it spurned with jealousy, though no one mightn't ever tell through his smile.

If one, like myself, were to inject a volume of thoughts, feelings into Sans' mind- there would only be but one: A deep bowel of doubt as he appreciated your every feature once more. Your lips parted, eyes dully alight with that same doubt- it was just... you. Your everything. Your being- in a way, made him realise just how much he had lost that day. How much he— he swept towards you, phalanges brushing your cheeks gingerly as he stared down at you, your heart palpitating in a way that throbbed painfully. Your eyes clenched shut in refusal- he had hurt you so much already, you didn't- Your eyes jarred open again to bear his apologetic gaze.

"This isn't an apology Sans." You muttered bitterly, almost anything to keep him away, anything to hoard that hurt you still clenched. "I know, bub." Came his rumble of response as his phalanges shifted to cupping your hands as he squatted down to your level. "I am not forgiving you." He chuckled sadly at this. "I know, bub..." he pressed your knuckles to his teeth with a gentle tenderness, a century past since he had done it and by god he missed it. Blue supposed he couldn't be jealous- rather, shouldn't- you were, your 'husband'— You were with your fiancé and he— he shouldn't... He only sighed from the newly created distance upon the rooftop. This was... for the best. You stared down at him, eyes welling with stubborn tears against your frown that wavered under the brunt of relief.

"I love you."

He glanced up, sockets wide before he melted with a most light, genuine grin.

"I know, (y/n)."

The plush of your lips met his canined grin, softly, steadily— before he rushed forth to devour you, smothering you with an affection that had his arms cradling you to him tightly. "I missed you- I missed you so much wifey—" he uttered between a kiss as he shook, clasping you to him as tears rimmed his sockets. They fell on you as he continued to hunch over, drip— drop. His tears streamed to your hands, wetting the palms till There's was nothing but— "Why aren't you here-?! Why aren't you here with me?!!" "I need you and you're not here— when I need you to be overprotective- you're not here!" "YOU'RE NOT HERE-!!!!" The all-consuming water flooded you, dust spread through your fingers. Glass shattered. Blood— "No-no no no NO" You sucked in a breath-

He clutched tightly till you shifted slightly in his grip, moving away. He glanced down at you through tears, watching as your brow etched almost guiltily before you pressed you cheek against his stained chest. "Things.... things can't carry on like they used to." You began, "So much has changed. So much of it Sans... I've been waiting.... how do I-?" You mumbled against him as he softened slightly. "Ive been waitin' too- If ya need time... we've got plenty of it." He spoke finally, wrapping jacketed arms around your waist.

"We can figure this out bub-" he sighed, the fur of his hood brushing against your jaw. Mustard. You softly chuckled at this, cuddling up further against him, locking him into the best hearty squeeze you could manage. He smiled at this, giving a sentimental hug of his own. "Don't worry," he murmured against you. "I'll earn ya back. Little by little... for as long as it takes ya. We can do this proper this time... I wanna do it proper this time... if you'll let me bub. I don't wanna lose that chance to make things right with ya." Your heart swelled at the promise, feeling his teeth place a small, ginger kiss against your forehead. "I won't be perfect, but I'm right here wifey- all I can offer is a new start with my best. Cause that's all I got now, yer majesty." He smirked.

You still wanted to cling, you still wanted to hurt- to be given a reason, a reason as to why he didn't love you enough to stay. A reason for leaving... A reason for you to leave with the weight of a crushed up heart- to go crawling to— No. Sans didn't deserve that- he fought his way here, he was torn away, it wasn't a choice... he- he said he missed you. That was enough reason...

Right?

"Only if you promise me- promise me you won't leave again. I mean it." He sighed with a tang of guilt. "I promi—" "No, no, you have to do it the new way— it's called a pinky promise! It's so I know I'll have your word." You frowned seriously, flexing your pinky. "Sweets, ya know I'm a man of my wor-" You flexed the finger threateningly. He swallowed before mirroring you, pinkies interlocking. Gold brushed past his bone as they parted, red gaze honing in on the band. "You kept it on." You glanced down with a small nod, a smile filling your cheeks. "Yeah, I did." You mused. "How hard has Paps been tryin' to pull it off?" Sans smirked, a laugh popping from you. "You have no idea..." "I have some idea-" he offered his phalange, yanking you up into his side. You broke away, turning- "Are you coming Blue—?" You spoke into the silent gap where Blue once was.

He was gone.

With a tinge of hurt, you watched the space as you were led away, hoping he just went for snacks or a likely ten-second nap before Sans' arm fell across your shoulders, forcing your gaze ahead.

He never came back.

An automated chirp came from the bulky tap'n'go, the card rearing away as Sans stared on, impressed. "What's that thing anyways? Yer usin' it on everythin'!" He gestured to the knee-deep moat of shopping bags circling your feet, peeks of dark turtle necks poking out from the recesses. Sans' question left you with a pleased gasp; finally- a more technology-challenged person than yourself. You cleared your throat proudly as you held the oblong device. "This," You began with a wizened smile. "Is a card. It has money in it!" "Where is it?" He frowned, inspecting it from your grip on it. "No, it's inside- Papyrus calls it 'cashless currency' it's all done on the internet!" Sans opened his mouth before you waved him off- "it's nothing too important. Now, tell me about your time, what was it like?" Ah yes, the question he was dancing around.

...

"It was a breeze."

You stared up at him with a inkling of a frown, concern etching it's way across your brow— "Two triple-cream salted caramel chilled macchiatos?" You took them wordlessly without so much as a small smile. You turned. "You're lying to me." You ushered quietly, gazing up with a disappointed frown. His mouth rushed to form words only to sigh. "Ya got me. C'mon sweets, let's take this elsewhere." He hummed lowly, shouldering a majority of the bags, red energy carting the rear of the troupe. You wandered along besides him, sipping at the drink, Sans staring longingly at his from your side, tongue running over his teeth before looking at his bags, defeated. The straw floated to his teeth, you raising the beverage with a wry smile as he sighed with grateful edge, clamping down and draining it. With a heavy, smiling sigh, Sans' head tilted backwards as you continued. "So," he began, "About the nether..."

He had explained, but it still felt surreal. You clung to his every word as he retold his time captive in limbo, the fate of the king— the century past, really. "-And so he's—" "Gone." You finished for him as he glanced down with a guilt-laden look. "Yeah..." you walked in slow silence till he sighed remorsefully, his head tilting upwards, staring ahead. "It was his choice to go." He rumbled. "He loved 'er. I guess he just did what I did, went where he knew he'd find her." You sadly glanced at him sidelong, rubbing his arm assuringly with the brunt of your knuckles. He smiled with small gratitude, weighed down phalanges grabbing your hand, trailing it to his light, lingering kiss. They brushed away as you pulled your hand back softly. "I hope he's in peace where he is, he deserves it." You tilted your head up, closing yourself off when you wanted nothing more than to admit your regret, your mistake— but you knew it was fate. He was with his love. He could rest.

Sans could only look away with a pinch of pain. "Yeah." He grumbled sullenly, shoes scuffing with animated scorn along the sidewalk. Your head raised with a focused glance, eyes widening- "Hold on, I- I needed something from here." You parted, wheeling to the side. The bell trilled as you creased the door open with a squeak. The painted decal across the dust-clotted window read in neat cursive: 'RESET, the place to start all your adventures; fictional or not.' Sans stared at the title long and hard, sockets scrutinising before giving a grunting sigh through his cavity, pushing aside the door. The bags soon flanked the shelves, Sans shuffling in until; lo and behold— bequeathed before you....

Was a rickety, snoring old man.

(A.N: Hi guys- I know it's been a while, my apologies- Sans is finally back, I'm sorry if it didn't exceed expectations- if you were waiting for blue vs red drama- then never fear, the next chapter is near! I know this chapter ended on a weird note- it is going to be continued in the next to make sense ^^ Tell me your thoughts dears- I can't wait to hear them-! <3)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

498K 17.9K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
342K 20K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...