The Making of Come With The W...

By btobmelody88

[COMPLETED] The culmination of Yook Sungjae's 3x2 project is coming to an end with his lead single, "Come Wit... More

Disclaimer
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 (Finale)
Bonus Chapter

Part 1

1.4K 56 10
By btobmelody88

The room was incredibly silent and only the tick of the clock and the soft sound of a ballpen continuously tapping the desk can be heard.

It was already 2 am- a time where one should be sleeping soundly and enjoying Dreamland. But here was your typical K-pop idol defying the body circadian rhythms and instead forcibly working out his brain cells for his non-stop projects.

"Ya, Sungjae-ya. Are you okay? You've been staring aimlessly for the past 10 minutes or so. We can just do this tomo-, er, later, you know" MosPick said as he lightly tapped Sungjae's shoulders to get his attention. He was actually used to such not-so-divine meeting hours, being a well-known music producer himself. But by the looks of the idol in front of him, he doesn't think their meeting could get any more productive, to say the least.

"I-I'm sorry, hyung... I blanked out. I'm okay, really. Where were we?" Sungjae quickly shook his head as an attempt to wake himself up. His eyes then darted to the clock hanging on the wall to check the time.

Sigh.

He only has five hours left before he is once again expected to be at the filming site for his upcoming drama, Mystic Pop-Up Bar.

"Hey, kid. I've seen that look multiple times in my many years in this business... and I'm telling you it doesn't do you any good. You'll be burn out anytime soon. Learn to rest, too. I know you are carrying a heavy burden on your shoulders but that doesn't mean you can't rest. Let's wrap up and finish this next time. We're on the last song anyways" MosPick tried to assure Sungjae with his words. He started packing his things up to show the younger one that he won't be changing his mind about ending their session already. It breaks his heart seeing artists like this. He knows Sungjae is professional and highly dedicated- but he also can see in the idol's eyes that he is getting tired. With such demanding industry, the least he could do is to let him rest a bit.

"But hyung, this is my lead solo. It has to be the best. I can't just-"

"No but's, Sungjae. Go rest. I'm well aware this has to be successful. Trust me on this one. A little rest wont hurt" MosPick finished packing and took a bow, to which Sungjae returned, of course. He gave a soft assuring smile before heading out.

Sungjae left out a deep sigh. He hated letting others see through him. This wasn't the image he wanted to portray. Yet these days it has been getting extremely difficult to retain that cheerful and playful Sungjae that everyone knows.

He misses his BTOB hyungs so much. Their remaining squad was great, but it will never be as great as being a complete BTOB. He had spent almost half of his life with them and it was hard to be suddenly left behind even if it was just temporarily.

He did way too many things at the same time before... probably even way more than what he has on his hands now. But he didn't mind back then because he had his older brothers' support.

Not to mention that he's finally doing an acting comeback soon. He doesn't want the pressure to get on him but sometimes he overthinks what the people's reception would be... especially since this will come out at the time that he's probably in the military already.

He won't admit it, but in reality he is scared.

Scared to show the world his solo music.

Scared to fail as an actor.

Scared to be forgotten by his fans.

Scared to cause disappointment to his parents.

Perhaps the only strength that he has right now is Joy.

A little smile grew on his face with the thought of his girlfriend.

Yes, girlfriend. Oh, how he loves that word.

The two tried their luck to pursue their young love after their stint at We Got Married. But the odds seem to be against them and they eventually broke up a year after. It was a disaster for both sides, but of course they kept their idol facade.It was only in 2018 when they reunited in a CF that things started to take off again between them with their now mature personalities and stable careers. After several twists and turns, the two finally made it official again a few months back.

Sungjae suddenly had a reason to immediately leave. He packed his bag and left the studio room in a brisk. He drove his way home to his apartment, hoping that Joy was there. She, too, was insanely busy with their group's comeback that Sungjae offered his apartment for her to rest since it was closer to her appointment sites.

Sungjae entered his lock key and silently entered his unit. The lights were off but the faint sound of the aircon can be heard. He chuckled immediately. He knows the love of his life is there.

He tiptoed towards the bed to see a sleeping Joy who already has kicked her blanket.

Aegi. Sungjae thought to himself while fixing back the blanket to Joy's body. He wanted to cuddle her already but he remembered that he probably smells awful so he opted to take a quick shower first.

After a few minutes in the shower and now feeling refreshed, Sungjae went out to get a pair of boxers from his drawer.

"YA! Put some clothes on!!!" Joy shouted which startled Sungjae. He was half naked, with only a towel covering his waist.

Sungjae's face turned into a tomato. When did Joy wake up? But his embarrassment was soon overshadowed by his amusement of his girlfriend who was apparently trying to cover her eyes with her hands... but still peaking through the small gaps that her fingers make.

He chuckled and decided to tease Joy a bit. He went closer to her, still in his current state causing Joy to sink under the bed covers.

"Y-ya, you pervert! Wh-what are you doing?!" Joy faintly said.

"Why are you so shy, baby? Don't you like your husband's body? I never show this to anyone, you know" Sungjae smirked as he tried to pull down the sheet covering Joy's eyes. He then hovered over to trap Joy's body with his arms.

"E-excuse me, Mr. Yook. I'm not married to you. We had a divorce. I-I'm your girlfriend and I-I'm not yet ready for-"

Joy was cut short when Sungjae landed a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'm just kidding, baby. We'll do it at the right time. I respect you and your parents. But excuse me, we did not have a divorce. I'll just marry you again in the future just so I can see how you'll look like in a traditional white dress instead of a purple one..." Sungjae pauses for a while and steadied his gaze on the lady in front of him.

"But you..." Sungjae kisses her on the forehead again.

"Will always be..." he now kisses the tip of her nose.

"Mrs. Yook Sooyoung" and finally, his lips claimed Joy's soft lips momentarily.

He then stood up, proudly looking at the blush on Joy's face that he had caused before heading on the bathroom to finally get himself changed. Joy could only roll her eyes with a smile plastered on her face. She enjoys Romantic Yook secretly.

Sungjae headed back, finally in his pajamas and carefully laid beside Joy. He scooped her closely so she could rest in his arms. He loved having her this close. He had already realized it back when they first cuddled in Hainan, but he will never get tired of this.

Joy was, and will always be his rest.

Sungjae looked at Joy who was now deep in her sleep again. He had a question in his mind that has been bothering him non-stop and he had meant to ask Joy tonight... but the timing wasn't probably right.

Maybe tomorrow. Sungjae thought to himself.

Soon enough, both idols drifted to sleep.

———

It has only been a couple of hours before Sungjae's alarm mercilessly rang. He grunted hearing it but he had no choice. He lazily opened his eyes while tapping the side of his bed that's supposed to be occupied by Joy.

Huh? Where is she? Sungjae's eyebrows automatically knitted when he couldn't find the lady. He frowned, thinking that Joy probably left for a schedule, too.

"Idol life..." Sungjae softly said in disappointment. He misses her already.

"Oppa, aren't you going to be late?" Sungjae was suddenly caught off guard as he saw Joy enter their room all glammed up for her schedule already.

In a snap of a finger, his aura turned into a bright one as he quickly got up from the bed to hug Joy.

"I thought you left already..." Sungjae said as he rested on the crook of Joy's neck.

"Hmm... you're so clingy today huh, Oppa" Joy chuckled.

"You like it don't, you?" Sungjae hugged Joy tighter, still smiley wildly.

"Absolutely. I just woke up earlier to make some sandwiches for us. We couldn't eat breakfast together so just eat my love-filled sandwiches on your set today, Oppa" Joy patted Sungjae's head. If this was their situation years back, she would have already sulked which would eventually lead to their constant fights. Now that they are more mature, she has learned how to handle their situation better, and so does Sungjae.

Sungjae broke the hug to look at Joy eye to eye. "Thank you, Sooyoung-ah. You're already practicing to be my wife, huh?" Sungjae pecked Joy's lips quickly.

"Ya! I thought you said we didn't divorce!" Joy teased back as he hit Sungjae's arm.

"Arraseo, arraseo. We better get going now. I might not let you go if we stay longer" Sungjae gave Joy another hug and forehead kiss before seeing her off.

He prepared his things as well and was about to head out when a realization hit him.

Oh crap. I forgot to ask her...

Sungjae sighed. He would have to try again tonight.

———-

"...and cut! Wonderful take, Sungjae and Daeum!" the director for Mystic Pop-Up Bar clapped endlessly to show his satisfaction to his stars. "You two will definitely create another ship. Your chemistry is innocently sweet. Good job, kiddos! I can't wait for tomorrow's shoot" the director gave a playful winked at the blushing duo. They know exactly what he meant by that.

"I just hope your fans won't kill me after tomorrow, Sungjae-ya" Daeum teased Sungjae as they walk back to their tents.

"Melodies are different. They aren't toxic like others. I'm sure they'll grow fond of you, too" Sungjae briefly tapped Dauem's shoulder. If there's one thing he is sure about... that would be how Melodies in general will never cross the line. They are a fun and genuine fandom, just like BTOB.

"Well then... how about her?" Dauen tilted her head curiously to Sungjae.

"I, um... haven't asked yet" Sungjae nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Pabo! Don't get us in trouble, Sungjae. You know what I mean" Dauem flicked Sungjae's head and laughed.

"Oww! Yes, noona. I get it" Sungjae laughed too while touching his forehead. He definitely needs to tell Joy soon or else this might stir up a fight which he just can't take right now. He bid goodbye to Dauen and the rest of the staff and went on his way home.

Sungjae's thoughts were occupied while driving. His heart was beating faster than usual just thinking about how he'll ask that sensitive question to Joy later. That is, of course, if she'll even get to come home later. Sungjae was thankful enough that he and Daeun pulled off their scenes smoothly today that the director let them go home earlier. He can use the time to think of a plan.

Upon arriving home, Sungjae slumped his body on the couch.

Meow

Sami miraculously came near him to welcome him home.

"Sami-ya, you're being sweet today, huh? Is it because you're hungry?" Sungjae brought to cat to his lap.

Meow

"Ha! I knew it. You spoiled little cat. Arraseo, I'll prepare you food" Sungjae stood up and headed to the kitchen...

...then it hit him. His lips curved up instantly after coming up with a brilliant plan. He poured Sami's food on her container and placed it on the floor.

"You may not be so sweet, Sami. But you definitely give me ideas. Eat well" Sungjae knelt down to pet his cat.

He then reached for his phone to text Joy.

——
To: Sooyoung
Baby, can you come over tonight? I miss you.
——

Sungjae chuckled at his own text. Romantic Yook will be his theme tonight.

After a couple of minutes, his phone lit up, notifying him of a text message. Wow... that was fast? Sungjae thought.

——
From: Sooyoung
We actually finished our pre-recording early. I'll be home, my clingy husband :)
——

Sungjae jumped in excitement after reading his girlfriend's reply. He can definitely continue with his plan now.

Meow

Sungjae looked at Sami who seems to be irritated by his sudden outburst of emotion. "Sami-ya, get ready. We'll surprise your eomma tonight. Let's put her in a good mood before I ask her the deadly question" Sungjae tried to reach out to Sami but Sami ran off.

"Aish that cat. When will you like me as much as you like Hyunsik hyung?!" Sungjae rolled his eyes. He then opened his kitchen cabinets to look at what he has in store.

"Alright... Romantic/Chef Yook, let's do this!" Sungjae said with determination.

It will be a long night, indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 366 17
WGM came to the end but both Yook Sungjae and Park Sooyoung realized that their beautiful and sweet love story is true. It is not just for the sake o...
5K 162 5
Highest rankings: #4 bbyu #9 bbyucouple #9 parksooyoung #16 sungjoy Inspired by Sungjae and Joy's CEO looks! - Sooyoung bit her lower lip as she mull...
118K 4.3K 42
BTOB's Yook Sungjae is a number 6 fan of Red Velvet and he's bias is Park Soo Young or popularly known as Red Velvet Joy. He's only number 6 in the l...
30.9K 1.5K 27
The Breakthrough. That was all it took for Yook Sungjae to be taken away from Park Sooyoung. But she'll find him again. After all, she was in the sp...