Finn [Merman]

By bonbonsandbooks

Sydney Shoopman's world is changing fast. It has since she graduated high school over a few years ago. Her pa... More

Finn [Merman]
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
New Book Cover:
Sydney:

Chapter Twenty-Two

435 23 4
By bonbonsandbooks

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

"Listen to me! The human world is a mess!"

-----Hans Christian Anderson, "The Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

Chapter 22
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I was at home now. Finn had stormed off to our bedroom not saying a word. Grandma was on bed. She had no idea what was going on. I deiced to get myself a pillow and a blanket from the linen closet for the night.

To camp it on the couch. I snuggle up on the couch. Alone. Worried. Tears come to me. I know I let my fears of my past relationships' hurt Finn tonight.

I admit I was scared here. I was letting someone else know I loved them. That scared me to be out there like that. I feel a hand on my shoulder suddenly.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Syd?" he says softly. I do not look up. I did not want him to see me crying. "Hey look at me" he begs me softly. I could not look at him. He bends down to me. He is now looking at me.

"I love you with all my heart Sydney. All I want is for us to be together. I want to be married to you. Spend my life with you. Ever sense we were back at the cove, I knew you loved me. That you felt the same as I did about you. Then I gave you the clip. I thought then we were engaged. I do not want anything to break us up. You have my heart Syd. I treasure that you gave me your heart in return. I will not break it" he promises me. He takes my chin and lifts my face to look at him. "Oh Sydney don't cry, we are nowhere near over with" he vows to me as he takes me in his embrace. The water works come to me as he holds me. "Sydney you know we were meant to be"

"Can you forgive me Finn? For being so stupid tonight?" I sniff as he holds me. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"There is nothing to forgive. I love you. Never stopped. I do not want Hilary. I want you. Do you know how much I want you?" he asks me.

"As much as I want you to?" I reply.

"Oh Syd. She was making attempts to get to me. But they did not work. Want to see what I was going to show her? Something I bought on my lunch break?" he asks me softly.

"Sure" I reply.

He leans in and kisses me when we pull back. He grins as his hand caresses my cheek. He reaches in his pocket and hands me a little box.

"Sydney Shoopman will you do me the honor of being my wife forever and always? I love you. Never will I love another as much as I love you. You own my heart. Will you show the world that by wearing my ring? Will you marry me Sydney?" he asks me as he opens the little box with his poor shaky hands. Inside the box is a little simple ring. An engagement ring. It must have cost him his whole first pay check we had gotten last week.

"Finn! That is beautiful! Oh Finn! I was such a fool" I gasp. Tears come to me.

"Syd will you? Will you marry me?" he worries I will say no to that sweet man's proposal.

"YES!! YES! I told you before. I will marry you! Oh Finn. I love you!" I exclaim with joy.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

I squeal with happiness as I wrap my arms around his neck knocking the poor man to the floor. I land on top of his chest. He chuckles as he smiles at me.

"You said yes!" he marvels at that. He grins.

"I did!" I giggle as I lean in and kiss his lips. His eyes close as I kiss him tenderly. My heart flutters with joy.

"Oh Finn, I love you" I remind him again after the kiss.

"Can I place the ring on you?" he chuckles.

"Of course" I giggle as we sit up on the floor. He slides the ring on my finger. It looked perfect there.

"Oh Finn!!" I sigh with happiness.

"This is a promise that we will always be together" he vows to me. I nod. I touch his cheek with my fingers as he smiles at me.

"I am so sorry for everything" I reply.

"I know darling. I know" he tells me. "Why did you think I would possibly cheat on you?"

"I have my reasons" I sigh.

"Tell me, you can tell me" he begs me. This was a hard thing to talk about.

"Well, in my past relationships' my boyfriend cheated on me with my friend" I let it all out.

"Ouch. And then your parents cheated on each other. No wonder you were worried" he sighs.

"Yes, I know I should have told you my worries. Next time I will" I vow.

"Good, you can always come to me with any issues" he reminds me.

"I will not keep things from you either okay?" I sigh as he holds me tight.

"I won't from you either. This is good that we are getting things out in the open like this. We needed this. I know we have not had a lot of time together like we have in the past" he tells me.

"I know. I think that has been what my problem is to. I am used to having you all to myself. And I am not used to sharing you with others" I giggle as he kisses the side of my neck making me laugh.

"I don't like sharing you either. I did not have to share. I see how guys look at you when you go by" he says to me.

"Really? You are just saying that to make me feel better" I scoff.

"No really. I know they look at you. I have saw them. You are beautiful. Why would they not look at you? You made me fall in love with you. And it was forbidden that a merman falls for a human. Or a mermaid falls for a human as well you know. You are bewitching" he tells me softly.

"You are so sweet Finn. You always know how to make me feel better you know that?" I sigh as I hug him.

"We need each other. Let's not let others come in between us ever. I came to be human because of our love. It would be a shame if that love was destroyed" he points out.

"I never will ever will let anything destroy us" I promise him.

"I am so glad that I got you that ring. Now guys will know to back off. If you are really not comfortable with me working there with Hilary I will quit. I do not want this to come in between us. What we have is too important to lose" he says sternly.

He gazes into my eyes.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •
"No, don't quit. I know this is your first job. And you are proud you got it. I am proud of you, you know this? I know it cannot be easy from having to live in a castle to this place" I sigh.

"I am happy to be here. I was never happy back home. Like you" he reminds me. We had so much in common.

"I do love it here. I love that we found each other here at a place I adore. This makes this place even more special" I say with a grin. He smiles at me.

"Yes it does, I was wanting to ask you. Not to push you. But I kind of want to get married right away. What are your thoughts on that? If you want to wait I understand. This is not about what I want" he asks me.

"I want to get married right away too Finn. How about a small wedding there at the beach. Where we met" I say suddenly as the perfect idea hits me. He takes my hand the ring is placed on.

"That sounds like the perfect plan for us. Does this ring fit okay?" he worries as he checks out the small adorable ring be bought me.

"It is perfect. I love it because you picked it out" I tell him as I smile.

"I cannot wait to tell everyone we are getting married. I wonder how your parents will take this?" he wonders. A thought comes to me.

"Finn, what about your family? Do you want them to come to? I mean what if we have the wedding at the beach then like in the one Little Mermaid movie they have the wedding on a boat so her family can see the wedding? Your family can see the wedding from the shore there" I say thinking of wedding plans.

"Honey, what is your family going to think of my family being merfolk?" he chuckles.

"Well half of us know. Charlotte can be my maid of honor. She knows about you and your past. Gram knows already. Just my folks do not know yet" I sigh.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

I really did not care what my folks thought about Finn or his parents. They would have to get used to this. I loved Finn. We would be together if they were present at our wedding or not.

"Well I can arrange a meeting at the beach maybe before the wedding? That way your parents have time to take all this in" offers Fin. He did have a good idea there.

"Sure, Mother has been wanting to meet you anyway. I am sure she will agree to this" I say thoughtfully.

"You do? She has?" he questions me. I nod.

"She has been curious. I have told her about you" I say.

"Aw, my family all know about you. I hope it is just as easy for you to tell them about me as it was for me to tell about you. I mean it was not that easy. But I handled it" he explains to me.

I nod. I hoped this would go well. Now I could not help but worry how my folks were going to take the fact that I was marrying royalty. Marrying the king of the sea....

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 2.8K 71
A Journey Back Home - Damian Wayne The sequel of If Only 💐 A horrifying natural disaster struck Metropolis... causing chaos to the people of the cit...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
9.9K 394 25
(Book #1 in 'The Fin Series') [COMPLETED] Taylor Aurelia, daughter of Queen Aurelia of one of the Seven Kingdoms of the Seven Seas, is a Mer Princess...
297K 9.3K 41
Maybelle used to love mermaids growing up as a little girl. Every Halloween she would dress up as Ariel from the Little Mermaid and run around the s...