Edge Of Seventeen (Jade West)

By HanaDE238

There's a new bad girl in town that makes Jade West look like kitten... Elizabeth Smith is a 17 year old girl... More

Chapter 1 - Sugar We're Going Down
Chapter 2 - Kryptonite
Chapter 3 - Teenagers
Chapter 4 - Despacito
Chapter 5 - Juicy
Chapter 6 - I don't do boys
Chapter 7 - Fill Me In
Chapter 8 - Kings & Queens
Chapter 9 - Come See About Me (Part1)
Chapter 10 - Come See About Me (Part2)
Chapter 11 - Complicated
Chapter 12 - Freak the Freak Out
Chapter 13 - Take A Hint
Chapter 14 - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Chapter 15 - I'm the Bad Guy
Chapter 16 - You Don't Know Me
Chapter 17 - How to Save A Life
Chapter 18 - So Many Miles
Chapter 20 - IDGAF
Chapter 21 - Don't Break Me Too
Chapter 22 - Love You Like a Love Song
Chapter 23 - Party All The Time
Chapter 24 - Earned It
Chapter 25 - Ride Wit Me
Chapter 26 - Stacey's Mom
Chapter 27 - Don't Start Now (Part 1)
Chapter 28 - Don't Start Now (Part 2)
Chapter 29 - Fourth of July
Chapter 30 - Edge of Seventeen
New Story
Sequel?
Editing
One Shots
New Story!

Chapter 19 - Complicated

2.8K 72 9
By HanaDE238

Hi all, I hope are all good and enjoyed the last couple of chapters! I will ask that you do not watch the video attached to this chapter until asked because it will go with the story - hopefully.

Once again I do not own anything - if I did, I would be on an island drinking a lot.

Again thank you all for keeping with this story! It fills my heart with joy!

--------------------------------------

**Recap**

Jade and Beth were in an accident, Beth is in hospital. Jade is in turmoil, her mother isn't telling her something about her new founded friend the cop, she doesn't know what's happened to her girlfriend and she's upset that her last words to her girlfriend were due to an argument. Beth, however has had a visit from her grandmother, who has visited her to tell her who was driving the car that hit them.

-------------------------------------

**3am - 8 Hours Later**

Jade POV

We finally got some information about Lizzie, she had internal bleeding and a ruptured kidney and almost lost a liver. Luckily they were able to save the liver but the kidney had to be removed. She is on the intensive care unit of the hospital and only immediate family were allowed to see her. So after I gave my statement about what happened in the accident to Tori's dad, David, my mom had to forcefully carry me out of the hospital, woman is stronger than she looks.

I am currently sat in the front passengers seat of Bridget's car, petty I know, but I didn't want to be with my mother since she made me leave my girlfriend. She did however tell everyone to come back to our place. I knew Tori and Cat wouldn't want to go anywhere, or Andre, they would want to make sure they were there when any news came about.

We finally got to the house and I saw a car in the drive next to mine that definitely wasn't there last night. Mom opened the door and let us all in, when we walked closer to the living area, I was able to see that Max was sitting on the sofa with a tumbler of whiskey in her hand.

Max looked up at us all, her eyes landing on mine, she stood up and walked towards me. She opened her arms wide and I fell into them. "How is she?" She whispered. I just shook my head, I couldn't answer, this was the first time in 7 years that my sister had hugged be voluntarily and it was because someone got hurt.

"She's okay, not great, had to have surgery but she is in intensive care now and being looked after." Mom answered, as she was close enough to us to hear what Max had asked.

Max removed herself from me and nodded towards mom until her eyes caught someone else's, "What the fuck is she doing here?" She growled, I looked at her shocked when I noticed it was Bridget she was looking at.

"She was the one that got your sister safely out the car, Max, and your sister is quite taken with her." Mom answered, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"How do you know her, Max?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, I really need to know what happened now.

"It's doesn't matter at the moment, what matters is that it is three o'clock in morning and we all need to sleep and shower," Mom said looking at me.

I look down to myself and for the first time I see Lizzie's blood splattered on my legs, there wasn't a lot, just enough for me to remember what happened and run to the kitchen sink. I feel someone hold my hair back for me and I hear Max shouting at mom.

"I don't care what she has done tonight, I want her out of the house for at least the time being. Until you are grown up enough to tell your daughter what happened." Max shouted, "Jade, baby girl, I will be in my room if you need me, okay?"

I groan, vomiting again, I just hold my thumb up to her, to let her know I heard her. While I am still vomiting, I vaguely hear Tori and Cat saying they have to get my tights off my legs and clean off the blood so that I will be able to go have a shower and sleep. Hearing the word blood just got be started all over again.

After about half an hour, to an hour of vomiting, and Cat and Tori sorting the whole blood situation, I was finally able to shower. I walked down to my bedroom towel drying my hair, ready to get into my bed, when I turned around and started walking towards Max's room. I knock the door, hearing a little 'Come in.' I pushed the door open and saw Max in the middle of the bed with Jake on her left side, asleep. I smile and see her waving me over.

I place myself on her right side, cuddling in tight, my head on her shoulder. "Why did we ever stop doing this Maxie?"

"We just grew apart, plus someone was always jealous when I would go out with a certain girl." Max responded quietly, poking my side, making me jump.

"Is it going to be weird again, now that I am dating her, after you did?" I whisper, playing with my fingers, I really did miss my older sister, she was the one who introduced me to eyeliner.

"Oh baby girl, we never dated." Max answered, laughing. I blush, knowing exactly what they were, "Does that make you feel weird about your relationship? If I could take it back I would."

"I will let it go, if you tell me how mom knows Bridget and why she seems to hate the fact that I like her?" I ask, smirking.

"You are definitely my sister," Max laughed, "Okay, but I want you to promise, that no matter how angry you get you have to deal with it tomorrow okay?" I nod my head, worried what the help it could be, "Mom," she sighed, looking up at the ceiling, "Mom was the first one that cheated. It wasn't dad, and Bridget is who mom cheated on dad with."

I move slightly away from Max, scratching my head, looking to my lap, "I have a feeling you don't know."

"What don't I know, Jade?" Max asked.

"I really thought mom would have told you."

"She told me nothing, what happened, Jade?"

"When dad found out about me and Lizzie having a few after school make out sessions, he proceeded to beat the shit out of me, blaming it all on mom and then continued to beat the shit out of her."

Max sat there, hand over her mouth, "Jade," she started, "Baby girl, I really didn't know, if I did then I would've been there with you. How did you get away with it at the hospital?"

"Mom told them everything, he did like 2 days in jail because he just knew everyone and probably paid them off to keep is name out of the papers and court records. Then mom found out he cheated, used it against him and divorced him, with him still paying for my school. I could pick where I could stay but Jake still has to go and stay with him and the step-monster." I answered. "At least I know one of the reasons he is homophobic." I stand up from the bed, rubbing my hands down my pajama pants.

"Where you going?" Max asked.

"I just gotta," I sigh, "I got to go write some shit down."

Max just nodded and let me leave the room. I walk down the stairs and see my mom and Bridget talking on the sofa in the living area. I glare at the back of their heads and continue down to the basement. It was my sacred place, only me and my music.

I walk around the basement, all the photos and memories, when me and my dad used to get one and he believe in me and what I wanted to do. I sat at the piano, my fingers just resting on the keys, until by themselves, my fingers made a melody.

(*Play the video, watch it, imagine that Jade is looking at her family photos, especially ones of her mum and dad and her together. If you just wanna listen and read what I have written that's cool too, or please do both.*)

It's complicated in a million ways
Complicated, by a thousand days
Complicated like a hurricane
Blowing through me and you

I think about Lizzie and what we have been through, looking at a picture of us at the musical smiling.

Separating by a final kiss
Left me so broken down like this
Was a time when you could not resist
Anything, anything

I think about Bridget and my mom, being together, being the start of my parents troubles. I hear someone, multiple people walking down the stairs. There watching was my mom, Bridget, Max, Tori, Andre and Cat. I glare at mom and look confusedly at Bridget.

Well I could simplify my expectations
But I'm so mystified by the situation
If I love you truly, madly, deeply
Tell me baby, isn't that enough?
I wore my heart right on my sleeve
But in the end you only tore it up

I look back to my mom and sang louder. (This part is not in the video.)

If I love you truly, madly, deeply
Tell me baby, isn't that enough?
I wore my heart right on my sleeve
And in the end you only tore it up
Yeah

I finally look towards the photograph of me and my dad, in a hug so tight and smile slightly before frowning, remember what he done to be as well.

It's complicated like a photograph
Yeah, it knocks me down
And wants to drag me back
When things were simple
Do you remember that?
Me and you, tried and true

Complicated
Yeah it's so
Complicated
Boy it's so
Complicated

My mom, walked to me, I push myself off the piano stool and stood in front of her, arms across my chest.

"Max told you." It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Yeah, she did, I can't believe you made me believe it was all his fault. If it wasn't for you and her," I shouted, pointing at Bridget, "I wouldn't have been beaten within an inch of my life for kissing Lizzie."

"Jade, I'm so-" Mom tried to say.

"No!" I yelled, making everyone jump, "Just get out." I said dejectedly, when no one moved, I screamed, "GET OUT!"

I watched as everyone moved out of the basement, I would to the wall with the last photograph of me and my father had taken together, I threw my fist towards it, breaking the glass. I didn't stop there.

Forty-five minutes later the basement was trashed, glass every where from the photographs, padding from the piano stool everywhere, after I took my scissors to it. I just fell to the floor an cried, I needed Lizzie.

-------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed that chapter, I know the song part is a bit confusing but I hope it went well with the situation.

Thank you all again for reading and sticking with the story. Until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.6K 26
"I.. I just need to escape all this." I said. "But what if Jade is the escape you need?" Y/N is finally ready to build new relationships after her br...
The Way Out By em_j.west

Mystery / Thriller

489 14 12
Tori's big prom idea is now a new tradition at Hollywood Arts after last year's epic save from the attempt to sabotage of her Frienemy (Jade). Though...
487 13 2
Tori's been bottling up all her feelings for a certain 'not really friend' of hers. André knows it, convinces her to just come out and say it but she...
161K 3.3K 67
we meet the characters again when they are 28 (almost 10 years since we last saw them)Sikowitz has died and they are meeting again as a group for the...