Chicago PD: Dani Ruzek

Galing kay Quinnfanfic15

What really happens when Adam Ruzek and Kim Burgess have a baby. It's the moment everyone has been waiting fo... Higit pa

Chapter 1- The fight.
Chapter 2- Facing Facts
Chapter 3 - That Little Bit Of Fire.
Chapter 4 - Genetics
Suggestions
Chapter 5 - Hit And Run (Part 1/2)
Chapter 6 - Redemption (2/2)
Chapter 7 - No Surrender
Chapter 8 - Takes A Village.
Suggestions
Chapter 10 - The Recovery.
Chapter 11 - Math Sucks
Chapter 12 - Thin Ice
(Now Closed) Suggestions
Chapter 13 - Working Things Out
Chapter 14 - (1/3) Freedom!
Chapter 15 - (2/3) The Party
Chapter 16 (3/3) Through Our Veins.
Announcement!
Chapter 17 - Shots Fired
Chapter 18 - Not The Only One
Chapter 19 - Back Home
Suggestions/Requests update: (Closed)
Chapter 20 - All Choked Up.
Chapter 21 - Things Are Kinda Rough

Chapter 9 - Burning Up.

2.3K 22 6
Galing kay Quinnfanfic15

Thanks to the person who recommended the plot for this chapter Multiiiifan

Adam woke up to the sound of his and Kim's alarm going off at 6am as usual. He rolled over only to find that Kim was not in bed as usual.

"Kim? Honey?" Adam said and then heard coughing coming from the bathroom connected to their room.

He walked across the room to see Kim sitting on the floor leaning over the toilet, hurling.

"Hey, hey." Adam said immediately rushing up to his wife who looked ghostly pale and exhausted. He scrapped her hair back and held it behind her head as she continued to vomit.

"I'm ok, I'm ok. Thanks baby." She said in response to her husband attempting to stand up but holding the right side of her stomach as she did.

"Are you sure? Kim I know when you're in pain and I know when something is up. I haven't seen you throw up like that not even when we've been hung over or when you were pregnant with Dani." Adam said rubbing her back soothingly.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's probably those tacos I quickly picked up for lunch yesterday I said I felt a little queasy after." Kim said.

"Honey, if it's food poisoning you gotta stay home you're probably gonna be sick most of the day." Adam clarified.

"No I can't Voight's letting me run point on the case today. I'm still one of the newest people in the unit I need to prove I can lead." Kim argued weakly and gripped onto Adam's arm to get up off of the floor.

"Hailey's newer than you and Kim you don't have to prove anything everyone trusts you. I have ever since the day I first met you and Voight definitely does otherwise you wouldn't be in the unit in the first place." Adam explained.

"I know that but Hailey has a tonne more experience than I do and is higher in rank. Its not about just proving it to everyone else it's about proving it to myself too." Kim said and moved passed him to get changed and take a few pills.

"Kim..." Adam tried to object as she walked to get ready.

"Adam I'm going I get why you're worried, but don't be I'll be ok I promise." Kim said and moved back for a few seconds to hug him. He hugged her back and reluctantly agreed to her decision to go to work.

Kim got dressed and completed the other aspects of her usual morning routine. She then moved to take her temperature; 102°F. She wasn't surprised it was the worst she had ever felt and her temp was heading towards a serious fever fast.

"I gotta go." She mumbled to herself and continued getting ready despite the persistent pain in her stomach.

She went into the kitchen and leant against the kitchen counter in pain as she went to make her and Adam's coffee.

"Hey Mom." Dani said as she walked into the kitchen. "Woah are you ok? You look a little pale?" She said getting closer to her in concern.

"I'm fine baby, ahh" She groaned in pain and touched Dani's shoulder reassuringly before moving to get the coffee mugs and collapsing.

"Mom!!! Dad! DAD!" Adam heard Dani screaming from the kitchen just as he was putting his badge and gun on.

He immediately ran out of their room and downstairs to the kitchen, where he saw Dani knelt down on the floor next to an unconscious Kim.

"Kim! Kim." Adam said trying to wake her up. He heard another painful groan she was awake but barely. "It's alright Dani, it's gonna be ok. Call Hailey tell her you're Mom's not feeling well we're on route to med and to meet us there when they can." Adam instructed and lifted Kim up walking with her to his car.

Dani pressed on Hailey's name in her phone contacts and put the phone to her ear whilst running out of the door to their house and getting into her Dad's car.

"Hey Dani, what's up?" Hailey said as she answered the phone. Dani never called this early in the morning unless it was important so she was a little concerned already.

"It's Mom there's something wrong she was feeling sick and then she collapsed in the kitchen, we're on our way to med with her now. Dad said to let the unit know so you can be there when you can." Dani said.

"Alright Dan everything's going to be fine ok? We're heading over to med right now." Hailey said.

"Alright thanks bye." Dani said and put the phone down and looked down to her Mom who was lying across the back seats with her head and shoulders on Dani's lap.

Seconds later her Dad pulled up outside med luckily it was a shift change because it was the early hours of the morning so he quickly caught sight of Connor Rhodes just getting out of a car nearby and Ernie from security close by the door.

"Ernie! I need you to move this car." Adam said loudly from a distance so he could hear him. Ernie ran closer and let Adam get out.

Adam opened one of the back doors of the car and lifted Kim out. Dani got out of the other side and followed them.

"Dr Rhodes I need some help here!" Adam called to Connor who was walking towards the entrance of the building.

"What's going on?" He asked running towards Adam and Kim immediately checking Kim's pulse. "Can someone get me a gurney!" He yelled out before Adam could answer.

"I don't know I woke up she was in the bathroom throwing up holding onto one side of her stomach. Then Dani walked into the kitchen and she was in a lot of pain again and collapsed." Adam explained.

"Adam??" Kim said weakly and still in pain.

"I'm here honey, I'm right here I'm not going anywhere." Adam said reassuringly.

"Kim I need you to try and stay calm ok? What side is the pain on?" Connor asked as he walked with the gurney into a treatment room.

"In my stomach...all over but...but mostly on the right." Kim managed to gasp out as she was wincing.

"Alright someone go ahead and let the guys upstairs know that they'll most likely need to prep for an emergency appendectomy. Meantime I need a bloodwork done and put a rush on that. I also need the portable ultrasound and start her on 5 of morphine" Connor said and walked over to talk to Kim.

"Dad what's going on?!" Dani said looking worried. Adam hesitated not knowing what to say.

"Kim I'm sorry, but we haven't got enough time here to wait for the pain meds to kick in. This is gonna hurt a little.

Dr Rhodes quickly ran the ultrasound over the right side of Kim's lower abdomen.

"Mmmmm Adam?" Kim said clenching her teeth together in pain as Connor pushed the ultrasound onto her abdomen as lightly as he could.

"I'm here Kim it's all gonna be alright. There gonna fix you up honey." Adam said and held her hand. "Squeeze my hand ok?"

A couple of minutes later, Kim smiled a little even though she was a bit drowsy.

"What? I think those meds have kicked in you know?" Adam said seeing the smirk on her face and smiling a little himself.

"Reminds me of when I had our baby. Well, not a baby anymore." Kim said and proudly threw a glance towards Dani who was looking nervous with April's arm around her just outside the door.

"Look after her if I have to go under you know how she's been recently, you know how nervous she gets." Kim said and Adam nodded.

"Course and the team are going to be here soon anyway so she won't just have me she'll have everyone. Don't worry about any of that right now ok, just focus on you." Adam said and they both exchanged warm smiles.

"Alright the appendix has began to rupture we need to go up to the OR right now or things are going to escalate. I assume I got permission." Connor checked and Kim nodded.

"Do what you need to do, just take care of her Dr Rhodes." Adam said and looked more serious.

"Of course only the best for one of Chicago's finest. Lets go." Connor said quickly and the porters and nurses moved with him. He tried to stay calm for Adam, Kim and Dani, but the reality was peritonitis was serious and if not treated soon Kim would die.

Adam walked back to the ER after leaving Kim upstairs with the doctors in the OR and saw his daughter sitting on a chair next to the Nurse's station where April was filling out a chart and talking to her.

"She'll be ok, right Dad?" Dani asked as Adam walked back towards her.

"I'm sure she'll be just fine honey, Doctor Rhodes has performed this surgery so many times before. She'll be ok." Adam said and walked with her back to the waiting room to sit down.

They had a long day ahead of them.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I will try and update soon :)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

27K 1.5K 30
Two friends and their unexpected feelings towards each other. Erin Lindsay/Kim Burgess #Lingess A Chicago P.D. Inspired FanFiction
133K 1.4K 60
This is my first fanfic, I've read quite a few and want to give it a shot. This story is untitled at the moment and will focus on Adam Ruzek and Kim...
18K 182 10
When an accident strikes Kim..where will Adam be? Post Burzek break up. This story can also be found in my One Shots, but wanted it to be easier to f...
12.9K 150 24
This is upstead story but a few changes Jay has 3 kids from a previous relationship while Hailey loves the kids and two of them love her. However the...