A Chance At Happiness {COMPLE...

By avid_read_write

"I regret to inform you that we could not save your wife's life, she was a brave woman she fought it till the... More

DISCLAIMER
HER
HIM
A Usual Day
Meet With Cousin
Rakesh's Mess
Impending Doom
The DOOM
Her Apartment
Last Rites
PS: I Love You Both
Amusement Park...
The Meeting...Decisions...Friends
Convincing And His Decision
Torture a.k.a Party
The Sunday...
Restless Night
Restless Day & Planning
Shopping & D-Day
Advice & Frustrations
RECEPTION
Consequences
Regrets and Fun
Prank War
Expectations...
Stop It...
Surprise...
Hiking & Talking
No-Confidence & Mess
Mess becomes Messier
Author's note
Mess becomes Messier (Nirvana POV)
Karma Is A B****
Saturday
Feelings & Decisions
Departure....
Deal & Surprise
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Bonus Chapter 1.

Yes & Studio

2.3K 101 6
By avid_read_write

Raghav, Shaan and I worked our ass off for the past 10 days and finally the deal was closed and we were a step closer to our goal. We are currently sitting in Shaan's bedroom and planning our trip to Universal studios.

"So, I get to see Hogwarts" Karthi asked.

"Some parts of it" I said.

"Jonas is going to be sooooo jealous" Karthi said smirking which was the exact replica of his dad.

 "Karthi..." I said reminding him that it was wrong to gloat.

"What...He teased me last year....He went to That tower and he kept talking about it." Karthi said.

"Which tower?" I asked.

"I don't know...It wasn't even that nice" Karthi complained still feeling jealous about his friend.

"They went to Paris, Eiffel tower" Karan said answering my question.

"It's okay champ...We will go to that next year" Shaan said.

"Really?" Karthi asked excited.

"Only if you study well and be a good boy the whole year." I said.

"I promise...I swear...I will study well...Can we go? Please" Karthi asked.

"Next year...We will take you there." Raghav said.

"Thank you Raghav Chachu...I love you." Karthi said jumping from my lap to Raghav's to give him a hug. 

"Aww...I love you too champ." Raghav said.

"So, We leave tomorrow morning to Universal studios." Karan said.

"Yesss" Shaan and Karthi said throwing their hands in the air.

--------------************---------------

"Mama, That's Hogsmeade" Karthi said pointing.

"Yes champ it is" I said.

"I want a chocolate frog" Karthi demanded.

"I don't think they have that champ." I said.

"Why? They jump out of the train...so it must be there" Karthi said on the verge of tears.

"We will see if it's there, okay?" Shaan said immediately trying to placate him.

"Okay..." Karthi trailed off.

"Oh, we have to buy our house merchandise, Vana" raghav said pulling me in that direction.

"What house are you?" I asked looking at KAran.

"I don't know." He replied offhandedly.

"WHAT??? How can you not know???" I shouted shocked.

"I am a Gryffindor" Karthi said patting Karan's shoulder.

"I am Slytherin?" Karan said(asked) .

"Are you asking or telling." I said exasperated.

"Telling...definitely...telling." Karan assured immediately, too immediately infact.

"Oookaaayy" Shaan interrupted.

"Let's buy our merchandise" I said.

We all bought merchandise of our respective houses. I am a Ravenclaw...Shaan a Gryffindor...Raghav a Fellow Ravenclaw. I got gifts for Gyan, Maanav, My parents and In-laws. Karan shopped for his cousins. Shaan and Raghav got presents for Shaan's parents. We enjoyed a lot and by the time we came back it was super late and we were tired.

------------------********************--------------------

I heard knocking the next morning and wasn't in a mood to get-up. So me being the adult I am took the pillow from below my head and stuffed it over my ear and head. As usual it didn't help and the person at the door was pissing me off. SO I do what comes first to my head and that is complain.

"Karaaan" I said shaking him.

"Hmmm" Karan asked still sleeping.

"There is someone at the door...Please check na" I said.

Karan being the sweetheart he is, woke up and  went to check and I went back to sleeping again. The next time I woke up, It was 10 AM and Karan was already up and drinking his coffee.

"Good morning" Karan said.

"Hmm...Morning" I said still lazy to get up so I stayed in bed cuddling with Karthi.

"Here" Karan said handing me a coffee after 5 minutes.

"Thank you" I said smiling at the perfect blend.

"How is it?" Karan asked.

"Perfect, I love it, Just what I needed" I said with a grateful smile.

"Happy to help" Karan retorted smiling.

"Oh..Yeah...Who was at the door?" I asked.

"It was Shaan, He wanted to ask whether we wanted to go that club we saw at the end of the street." Karan said.

"Oh...I don't think we can...Why don't you boys go...I will stay with Karthi" I said offering to stay back.

"No, He wanted us there and asked whether we could leave Karthi with Rohan." Karan said.

"But...He will be alone...It is a new place and do You serioiusly think Rohan is responsible enough" I said.

"Ananya will also be there and Rohan already agreed and he is excited." Karan said assuring me.

"We will ask Karthi and if  he is okay, only then we will go" I said.

"Absolutely" Karan said smiling.

We showered and woke up Karthi.

"Good morning champ" I said.

"Good morning Mamma" Karthi said shifting in to my lap and burrying his face in my neck.

"Come on champ...Wake up...Aren't you hungry?" Karan asked ruffling Karthi's hair.

"Hmm" Karthi replied.

"You get his clothes out, I will make sure he showers" I said.

I took him to the bathroom and turned on the tap in to the bathtub and waited. I started talking about my student days to Karthi to make sure he doesn't goes back to sleep. 

"So Raghav chachu is the intelligent one of all three of you" Karthi asked.

"Yes, We used leave all the difficult chapters till the end and would beg Raghav to teach us instead of us studying." I said.

"Mamma, I don't want be a doctor, I don't like blood." Karthi said.

"Then You don't have to be a doctor. You can be whatever you want to be." I said.

"I wanted to be a farmer." Karthi said as I wrapped a towel around him to dry him off.

"Really! Why?" I asked surprised.

"Priya Ma'am said Farmer grows food and I want to grow a Pizza." he said seriously.

"Then you can be a farmer, I think it would suit you" I said laughing.

"Here are his clothes...What are laughing about?" Karan asked.

"Nothing...We were discussing what Karthi wants to be when he grows up." I said.

"Sure, Discuss away" Karan said shaking his head as he went out of the washroom.

"Well, There you are done." I said.

"Come On, Let's go to Uncle Shaan's room and go to Lunch along with them." I said.

We went to Shaan and Raghav's room and proceeded towards the buffet that the hotel had organized  for lunch. We had a very huge lunch as we had missed breakfast. 

-----------------************--------------------

"You are sure, You are going to be okay" I asked.

"Yes mamma, you go, I will play with Rohan Uncle." Karthi said.

"Okay" I said.

"Come on, Nirvana, He is going to be okay" Karan said.

We reached the club and went to the sofa's that were piled to the length of the wall. We chose to sit at the corner table. Karan ordered a bottle of wine and amocktail for me.

"So I dared Nirvana to get the number of a girl...." Raghav was busy telling Karan the story about the time when we went to a gay bar.

"You look nervous, You Okay" I asked Shaan.

"Yeah...Sort of" He said.

"So she goes up to the girl and starts with a cheesiest pick up line." Raghav said.

"What?" Karan said eager for the blackmail material.

*FLASBACK*

"There ask for her number" Raghav said.

"What seriously" I asked.

"Get the number...My debit card for one week" Raghav said.

"Is there money in that account" I asked.

"Yes there is and I have full confidence in you that you will not be able to get her number." Raghav said.

"Challenge accepted." I said and moved towards the bar counter where she was sitting. I gathered all my courage and said:

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" 

"No, It bloody hurt when I crawled back from Hell" She replied not even looking at me.

"Then it's no wonder you look like a warrior queen" I said and smiled when she looked at me.

"Smooth" She said smiling.

"Thank you, I am Nirvana" I said giving my hand.

"I am Janet" She said shaking my hand.

"Would you mind if I buy you a drink?" I asked.

"No, Whiskey on the rocks..Please" She said.

"So, Who are you waiting for Janet?" I asked while I ordered drinks for her and me.

"I am waiting for my girlfriend" She said.

"Damn, All the nice one's are taken, I am going to die single" I said.

"Aww, Don't be like that...You will find a nice handsome boy or girl." She said.

"Well, Now I can't even ask for your number as you are taken." I said sadly.

"Why is that? We can still be friends." She said and gave me her number.

"Aww...Thank you Janet...If by any chance You break-up with your girlfriend...Remember me Okay" I said joking.

"I don't think so...I am asking her to marry me soon." She said.

"Really, That's so cool...All the best Janet, I wish you all the luck." I said.

"See you, I am off" She said giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"See You, Have a wonderful life Janet" I said returning the kiss.

"Thank you nirvana." She said smiling.

*END FLASHBACK*

"What did you buy with the money?" Karan asked looking at me.

"A watch... 15,000... Michael Kors." I said.

"Damn...You lost too much" Karan said taking a sip from his drink.

We were all enjoying when Shaan called the waiter and ordered a Champagne. I looked at him weirdly because we never order champagne. We got the bottle and Karan took the bottle.

Shaan went on his knee infront of Raghav and I gasped.

"My love, I liked you the moment I saw you, I loved you the moment you spoke to me. The first time we kissed I knew you were The ONE for me and I would die if I were to lose you. I would start a bloody war if you were taken from me. You supported me in all the decisions I took, You stood by me like a pillar, So, Raghav, love of my life, Would you marry me and stand beside me for the rest of our lives?" Shaan said passionately.

"Yes...Shaan...Yes" Raghav said softly holding Shaan's face while tears ran down his cheeks.

"Thank you for being in my life" Shaan said and kissed Raghav passionately. 

We started clapping and the table beside us also started clapping looking at us. I was crying and hugging Karan and jumping in excitement.

"Oh, I am so happy for you guys...Congratulations" I said hugging them.

"Congratulations" Karan said popping the champagne 

We all danced our heart out after that and enjoyed to the maximum. 

--------------***************------------------

We took a sleeping Karthi from Rohan's place and went to our Hotel. Raghav and Shaan had directly gone to the hotel.

"I am so happy today." I said.

"I can see...You haven't stopped smiling and laughing from the time Shaan proposed." Karan said.

"Yeah...Raghav has been waiting for that proposal for years" I said.

"I am glad he did it today then" Karan said smiling.

We slept after that with Karthi in between us who was sleeping peacefully not knowing his uncles were engaged and were soon to be married. India Doesn't recognise Gay marriage but It is a nice sentiment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 691 28
"Arranged?." I asked. "Yes. " She replied. There comes a time in your life when you feel utterly guilty of leading a life you never wanted. But the...
62.5K 1.8K 25
"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck you without your will, what do you say?" H...
240K 12.4K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...
283K 10.9K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...