Bittersweet Shots

By polybiusquare

i just love ad, that's it.. More

BTNS
Quaranthings with AD
Happier
Happiest
doesn't matter
Anong Tunay?!
i knew from the first time, i stayed for a long time..
insomnia
questions?ΒΏβ€½
the stranger the better
Fomo
just won't
the 8|28 that you (might) like
the true 8|28 (somehow)
~ghost of you~
// random //
d.o.m.o
handled
what truly matters will truly hurt
~kblng bhy~
// strangest things //
Shit or Shot
better off
// just because //
πŸ’™β€οΈ
you belong with me
you belong with me II
good old days
before the worst
destiny's choice
what we were
unfold
πŸ’β˜ΉοΈ
akbay
// some stuff //
divide
forbidden
rooting for you, always.
alpas
blast from the past
game over
just us
// some stuff II //
TnT
popped bubble
// some stuff III //
all or nothing
Poly Talks (Naks πŸ˜‚)
isang tanong
a little unwell...
non nunc, obsecro
for the first time
// some stuff IV //
golden heart
for your eyes only
golden heart II
that hug
our status
AD shorts
sim card
polaroid
everything means nothing
allen iverson
28
silent sanctuary
what are we?
i didn't know
4lifers 🀞🏻❀️
sinta
versus
4lifers 🀞🏻🀍
4lifers πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ’™
closed it out
Phenom, still.
september song
october
november blue
december
with u, always.
reaction
not today
visiting hours
2 eyes and a heartbeat
it is what it is
it is what it is II
happy to be 30 :)
unsolicited
AD Talks
love grows
love sees
nights with ΓΌ
all is well
✨🀍
🀎
connection
hey
29 on 29
hey, again
nsws
home πŸ’™
✨🎈
If Only
maybe this time
18
those eyes
Palahanan II

been so long

1.2K 26 0
By polybiusquare

// retrouvailles //

rooted in the word “retrouver,” which literally means “to find something again,” the French word retrouvailles is a unique term that describes the happiness of meeting someone that is very dear to you after a long time

"Alyssa, wake up! This is the day! We goin' home today, dude!" Jovee excitedly said.

"Ay. Looks like someone's not excited to--"

"I am awake, dumbass! I'm just feeling the bed 'cause this will be the last time I'm gonna stay here." Alyssa cut Kiefer off.

Jovee, Kiefer and Alyssa are bestfriends. They were childhood friends who happened to be together since the day they were born up to, unfortunately, this day. They are Fine Arts students of Ateneo de Manila University who were sent here in California as exchange students. And after 3 years, they're finally going home. They graduated last week and their families were here but the three of them had to stay for a week more just to make sure that everything is settled in their school. Throughout those 3 years, they never really got a chance to go home. They stayed there, 3 years without their families and friends and so, that makes it really exciting for them to finally have the chance to be back in the Philippines.

"Well, feel it 'cause we ain't goin' back here!" Kiefer said and jumped on Alyssa's bed.

"Fuck!" As Alyssa said that, Jovee dove into the bed and he and Kiefer wrestled her. "Stop, you eggheads! You'll break the bed!"

This is normal for them. They are so close that they are very very comfortable with each other already. They treat each other as siblings and they truly are. They're even closer to each other than their real siblings. Well, Kief and Jovee for that matter 'cause Alyssa is an only child.

They stopped playing after a couple of minutes, all three of them, chasing for their breaths.

"Promise me, I'll still be your bossing when we come home to the Philippines." Alyssa suddenly said.

"Awwe, soft hours." Jovee said.

"I'm serious, Jov! Don't you dare forget me if you find a girlfriend there!" Alyssa said.

"C'mon, Alyssa. We chose to be single for the last three years for you. A lot of girls tried to flirt with us but we declined all their amazing, wonderful, gorgeous, delici--" Kiefer stopped because Alyssa hit his head. He and Jovee chuckled at that. "We didn't entertain any of them 'cause we wanna focus on you. We didn't go here for that and we don't wanna break our promise to you. We promised to take care of you and that will never change no matter what or who comes our way. You're our forever bossing, okay?"

Jovee sat on the bed, "Kief's right. We won't promise we'll still stay single 'cause you know Filipina girls are really gorgeous as fuck--aww!" Alyssa pinched his arm. "Not gonna take it back." He said and smiled then high-fived Kiefer. Alyssa shook her head at that. "But on a more serious note, you don't have to worry about anything, Ly. We've swallowed all our pride and ego, of you, rejecting both of us back in highschool, for us to give you up and leave you behind. We ain't throwin' all that sacrifice away! We're the only guys who'll stay with you through all the shits you have to go through."

"Including facing Den again." Both Jovee and Kiefer said as Kiefer sat in Alyssa's bed as well.

"Oh about that.." Alyssa said.

"Nothing about that. You're facing her when we get back. If we need to force you, we will." Kiefer said.

That made Alyssa sit as well, "But, what if she doesn't want to see me? Dude, I left her without any reasons. I made her look stupid, waiting for me to talk to her again, but I never did." Alyssa said.

"In short, you ghosted her." Jovee said.

"Bro!" Kief said and threw a pillow at him.

"Joke lang, okay? Can you two, chill? Masyado kayong pressured about it. Let's just let things happen as it's supposed to happen." Jovee said.

"How? Let someone have Den again? We can't let that happen again. Gusto mo bang mabaliw na naman 'to?" Kiefer said.

Between him and Jovee, he's really the softer one when it comes to Alyssa. Jovee likes giving Alyssa the tough love. He says what Alyssa needs to hear and doesn't really care if it hurts her feelings while Kiefer gives Alyssa all those comforting words that makes Alyssa feel good. Everything's a balance.

∆∆∆∆∆

"Besh, uuwi na daw sila Jovee." Ella said.

"Kasama si Alyssa?" Den excitedly asked.

"Malamang, girl. Alangan namang iwan yun don." Mika said.

"Sus. You're just excited to see Kiefer." Den said.

"Slight lang. I mean, malay mo si Alyssa pa rin gusto niya." Mika said.

"Luh, bitter yan? Hahaha." Ella joked. "Mukha bang ganun pa yung case eh parang magkakapatid na nga yung tatlong yun. I'm sure Jovee and Kiefer both moved on from her, the moment they knew na Alyssa likes Den."

"Dapat lang, no." Den said. "I've waited long enough."

"Mahal mo talaga eh, no?" Mika asked with a chuckle.

"Should've been with LA or Myco if hindi." Den answered.

"Iba ka, Alyssa Valdez!!!" Ella shouted which made Den and Mika laugh.

∆∆∆∆∆

The flight from San Francisco to Philippines took them 15 hours. Almost 3am na nung dumating sila sa airport. They went straight to Alyssa's condo unit in QC and dun muna nagstay. Di na rin sila nagpaaundo sa mga pamilya nila kasi okay naman na sila ng sila lang.

"Aaahh, feels so good to be home!" Jovee said.

"Imma tweet this shit out!" Sabi naman ni Kiefer.

"@kieferravena: Been so long, lupang sinilangan! 🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭 Missed you so bad! @joveeavila @AlyssaValdez2"

"Why did you tag me? Mag-iingay na naman yan. Makita pa ni Den eh." Ly said as she sat beside the two on the couch.

"So? Yun nga purpose niyan eh. For them to see it." Kief said.

Minutes after, sunod-sunod nang tumunog ang mga cellphone nila. Nagreply ang mga kaibigan nila sa tweet ni Kiefer.

"@rexintal: @kieferravena @joveeavila @AlyssaValdez2 see you soon, mga bobo! 🍻"

"@VSGalang: @kieferravena @joveeavila @AlyssaValdez2 aba aba aba nakauwi na pala ang mga tanga! Bond soon! 🍾"

"Mga sunog-baga talaga ang mga walangya!" Natatawang sabi ni Kiefer.

"Hiyang-hiya sayo, no?" Ly said.

"Akala mo siya???" Sabi naman ni Jovee.

"Ulol. Mabait na ako since four years ago, mehn." Alyssa said.

"Paanong hindi eh may pa 'hindi na po ako iinom, babe. Promise' ka pang nalalaman tas ghinost mo naman! Huge blow, man. Huge blow." Jovee said.

"Bibig mo talaga eh, no?" Ly said and rolled her eyes.

"Bakit? That's the truth naman. Ikaw na nga mismo nagsabi na you left her without any reasons. Oh oh!" Jovee said kasi susugurin na siya ni Alyssa para suntukin.

"Gago!" Ly said and went inside her room, leaving Jovee laughing and Kiefer, shaking his head.

"@kimfajardo9: @kieferravena @joveeavila @AlyssaValdez2 uy! Pakita na soon, mga brader!🥛milk milk lang us! Labyu ol! 😘"

"Ly, milk daw tayo sabi ni Kim!" Jovee shouted from the living room.

"Mamaya, tutulog muna ako!" Ly shouted back.

Ganito sila. Hanggang gaguhan at ambaan lang ng suntok pero hindi naman tinutuloy yung away. Wala pang ilang minuto, bati na sila.

Alyssa woke up at 10am. She saw Jovee and Kiefer sleeping on her couches.

"Mga tanga, ampucha. Dito natulog." She said.

They obviously don't have any food here so she decided to get some for them, outside. She took a Grab going to a nearby restaurant. She was scrolling through her Twitter when an Instagram DM notification popped out on her screen.

denniselazaro
    Hey, you back?

Alyssa swallowed an invisible lump in her throat. She didn't expect Den to reach out to her first. She didn't even think she would get to talk to her this early. Nakatulala lang siya sa phone niya at natauhan lang nung nagsalita yung Grab driver.

"Ma'am, andito na po tayo." He said.

"A-ah, sorry po. Here, thank you po." Alyssa said and gave him her payment then bumaba na.

She was still in shock of Den's sudden message when she heard someone spoke behind her.

"Alyssa!"

She turned around and saw Mika with Ella.

"Kailan pa kayo nakabalik?" Ella asked.

"A-ah, ano. Kanina lang, nung madaling-araw." Ly answered and held her nape.

"Di man lang nagpasabi eh." Mika said. "Bonding na!"

"Sure. Set kayo tas sabihan niyo lang kami." Ly said. "Uhm, ano.."

"What?" Ella said, raising her eyebrows and anticipating what Alyssa will say.

"Uhm.." Ly said.

"C'mon, Ly. Just ask where Den is!" Mika said. "It's not as if di namin alam na miss na miss mo na siya."

"Uy, hindi ah." Ly said.

"Ganun siguro talaga pag ikaw nang-iwan, di mo talaga mami-miss." Ella said, with a hint of bitterness for her bestfriend.

"Ella, please let me explain." Ly said. "I didn't mean to do that. I was just, I don't know. Lost, that time?"

"You didn't mean to do that but you mean to ignore my message to you?"

Alyssa once again swallowed an invisible lump in her throat when she heard that voice. She knows that voice all too well. Kahit naman hindi talaga naging sila, hinding-hindi niya makakalimutan yung boses na halos araw-araw niyang naririnig since 3rd year highschool siya. That voice belongs to Den.

"You really don't wanna talk to me, no?" Den asked. "Duwag ka pa rin talaga." She said and walked away even before Alyssa could turn to look at her.

"Messed up again, Alyssa." Ella said and sinundan na nila ni Mika si Den.

∆∆∆∆∆

Flashback

Alyssa asked Dennise to have dinner with her tonight kasi may sasabihin daw siyang importante. Alyssa is Den's suitor for almost a year now. She started courting her when they were in fourth year highschool and ngayon, 1st year college na sila and nanliligaw pa rin siya. Hindi naman sila nagmamadali so okay lang.

"What will you tell me ba and we have to have this dinner pa talaga?" Den asked.

"Uhm, mamaya na. Let's eat first." Ly answered.

Di na nangulit si Den at naghintay na lang na matapos silang kumain. After nila kumain, they went to the part of the restaurant na wala masyadong tao so they can talk, which looks like a garden.

"Uhm, Den.." Ly said.

Den looked at her with a huge smile, "Yes?" She asked.

Ly can't help but sigh. Den probably thinks that this is a good news and she hates that by the end of this day, she'll end up breaking Den's heart.

"Den, I can't do this anymore." Ly said.

"H-ha?" Den's forehead creased and she's visibly confused with what Alyssa said. "What do you m-mean?"

Alyssa slowly shook her head, "Hindi ko kaya, Den." She said and left Den dumbfounded at the restau's garden.

∆∆∆∆∆

After that 'talk', they never talked again. More like Alyssa never dared to talk to Den again. Den reached out so many times but Alyssa didn't want to interact with her. Nahihiya rin kasi siya sa ginawa niya. Nung nalaman nga yun ni Jovee at Kiefer, kulang na lang, kalbuhin nila si Alyssa. Naiinis sila kasi ang dahilan ni Alyssa ay natatakot siya. Natatakot siya na baka hindi nila kayanin ni Den kung magiging sila tas magkakalayo naman sila. She isn't really a fan of LDRs, not because she experienced it but because she saw her parents not succeed with it. Her dad was working in Australia back then and she was left in the Philippines with her mom but her mom cheated on her dad. She had someone else while her dad was working for them and that kinda made Alyssa fearful of that kind of relationship. Kaya ayun, she decided to just end things with Den even before everything started. Duwag na kung duwag pero she knows na hindi kakayanin ng pag-o-overthink niya kung naging sila at magkalayo sila. Takot siya.

"Ly naman. Dapat kinausap mo na!" Rex said. He's here in Ly's flat with Ara and Kim.

"Oo nga. That was your chance, boi." Iiling-iling na sabi ni Ara.

"You think it's that easy? I ignored her for years tas ano, babalik ako na parang walang nangyari? Hindi naman tama yun, diba." Ly said.

Jovee took a deep breath to stop himself from breaking Alyssa's neck.

"Hindi tama yun kung ayaw niya makipag-usap sayo. Eh based on your story and sa kwento nila Ella, siya pa yung gustong-gustong makausap ka." Jovee said. "Alyssa, look. Even after what you did, she reached out. She asked if you're back. Kung ayaw ka niya makausap, gagawin niya ba yun? Dude, the girl loves you! Make her feel naman na you do too. Duwag ka ata talaga eh!" Tough freakin' love right there.

"Jov, kalma. Let Alyssa do her thing." Kief said then faced Ly. "Alam mo naman yung tama at dapat gawin, right? She loves you. Den loves you so much. You know how many guys she should've been with if only she didn't choose to wait for you. Show some courage, Ly. That's all you gotta do. We'll be here naman for you whatever happens eh." He smiled.

"Thanks, Kief." Ly said, emphasizing the word Kief and rolling her eyes kay Jovee who just did the same.

∆∆∆∆∆

Alyssa finally decided to talk to Den. She went to her condo para dun siya sana kausapin. Kinakabahan pa siyang kumatok when the door suddenly opened.

"D-Den.." She said.

"God, finally." Den said. "Pasok ka."

"T-thank you." Ly said and went in. "San ka pala pupunta? Parang aalis ka ata?"

"Hindi. Na-feel ko lang na andiyan ka. You know, the thing they call connection." Den answered.

Ly chuckled at that, "You didn't change, Den." She said.

"Ikaw lang naman 'tong bigla-biglang nagbabago." Den said. Alyssa bit her lower lip. "Joooke!"

"Ah, Den. Can we talk?" Ly asked.

"Damn, I wanted this for years, Ly!" Den answered.

Ly took a deep breath, "Den, I'm sorry. Sorry kung that time sobrang duwag ko. I just don't think na kakayanin ko yung ganun and I don't want na masaktan ka once naging tayo tas hindi tayo magkasama. Mahirap kasi eh. We have to make decisions away from each other. Sorry if I made myself believe na hindi natin kaya. Sorry if I let myself be eaten by the fear of what happened to my parents. Sorry if I was such a coward. I'll take everything you'll say to me. Just please, give me another chance, Den. Please?" She said. She almost teared up beacuse of how sincere she was with what she just told Den. "Den, p-please?"

"Do you honestly think I hate you, Alyssa?" Den asked.

"Yeah. Nakakagalit naman talaga yung ginawa ko." Ly said and looked down. "Nakakagalit yung pagiging duwag ko."

"Alam mo kung ano yung nakakagalit? Yung hindi ka tumitingin sakin kasi you can't see how wide my smile is right now." Den said.

That made Alyssa lift her head up and look at Den. She's indeed smiling.

"I don't hate you. I never really did. I was disppointed, yes. Not gonna deny it. But, to hate you is never a part of my system. I love you that much that I can't feel any kind of hate towards you." Den said, still with a smile.

"You mean?"

"I mean, come here and hug me, coward bitch!" Den said and opened her arms.

Alyssa closed the gap between them and wrapped Den in a tight hug. They longed for this so much. They wanted this for so long. And they're finally having this.

"Bakit mo ako hinintay?" Ly asked. They're now sitting in Den's living room, just catching up.

"What kind of question is that? Isn't it obvious that I love you kaya I waited for three long years for you?" Den asked back.

"I just can't believe na you'd go this far in loving me. I mean, I'm not the type to get this kind of sacrifice and patience from someone like you." Ly said and smiled then draped her arm on Den's shoulders.

"That's why I love you. You don't even know how easy it is to love you. You don't know how you make my day a lot better just with your smile. You don't know how the smallest things you do, make the biggest impacts in my life." Den said. "Alyssa, you are worth every second of the wait and I won't ever regret taking this chance on you, 'cause goddamn, I just won when I saw you again. You, being here with me again, erased all the doubts, fears and pain that I felt when you left. Your presence is everything that matters. I missed you so much and all I wanna do is to continue what we've started."

"I'm a fuckin' lucky bounder." Alyssa said.

"Oh fuck, you are." Den said and they both laughed.

∆∆∆∆∆

"So, what made you believe that Alyssa's worth it?" Kim asked Den.

They're having a mini reunion here at Alyssa's condo.

"Oo nga, iniwan ka nito with no valid reason at all. Tas when she came back, parang walang nangyari. Ganun mo kamahal?" Rex asked.

"Parang ayaw niyo naman na binigyan ako ni Den ng second chance, niyan." Ly said.

Den chuckled, "Hindi sa ganun ko siya kamahal eh. Love is never enough naman. But, I guess, it's really all the little things that she does. I held on to everything she showed me before she left. I held on the happiness I felt the first time I saw her again. I mean, yes I walked out that time," That made them chuckle. "but, I really felt how happy my heart was that time. The happiness I felt, seeing her back is what lit the light again." She smiled.

"Hayop, ah! Pag 'to pinakawalan mo pa, napakatanga mo na talaga!" Jovee said sabay batok kay Alyssa.

"Hindi na, promise." Ly said and smiled. "Not everyone gets this chance. Hindi naman ganun kasira ang ulo ko para hayaang mawala pa ulit sakin 'tong anghel na 'to. Aalagaan ko na po, bossings. Promise." She smiled and planted a kiss on Den's forehead.

"For the love of AD that never left!!!" Rex said and they all shared a toast for that.

"I love you." Ly whispered to Den.

"I love you." Den whispered back and they shared a kiss.

"What a love this love." Jovee said as they all look at the couple.

"Bossing's love." Kief said and they all chuckled.

Indeed, it's such a happy feeling to meet that love again.

~

Mema as always. 😅 Last update before school starts on Thursday. Lol, as if someone cares. Hahaha. But, I could be clowning. I'm sure I'll update once an idea comes to mind. With or without classes. 🤡🤣🤡 See you whenever, malalakas na AD shippers. NSWS. 💙✊🏻 Ingat kayo lagi. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 70 22
One shots of the 5SOS boys.
158K 2K 43
i know it's early days wihr they but i love love them so here are one shots
560K 8.8K 42
Alyssa Valdez Dennise Lazaro
45.6K 710 31
All da ladies love Bad Boy Supreme!