KO Loves Mei

Від DysisNyx

One year after Nai-Weiwei's wedding, Mei & KO find themselves still living together. After 3 years as roommat... Більше

Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7

Ch. 1

4.2K 92 13
Від DysisNyx

Author's Note: So recently I stumbled across Love O2O and while Nai/Weiwei were nice. The real stars of the show to me were KO/Hao Mei. One of my favorite couples ever! Buuuuuuut I am a sucker for a good BL plot. Its the fujoshi in me I suppose. Anyway this fanfic is based solely on the show itself and not the actual story. Which I later discovered & plan to read AFTER I write this. I don't want it to taint the basis or plot of this fanfic. Please bear with me on names and all that I am completely dependent on subtitles. I try to do justice to the show as best as I can. I really hope you like it. Please bear with me. I hope you enjoy it and KO/Hao Mei as much as I do. Thanks in advance for reading!

Chapter 1

"It'll never work." said Yugong with a cross of his arms shaking his head.

But still Xiao Nai sat there silent and smug as he stared off in his office, "It will work."

Houzi sat back on the couch smiling at the two of them, "Whether it works or not; should be amusing to watch. Its been almost 3 years since they started living together. Either KO's slowness expands to more than just his grilling or Mei really is that stupid. I'm curious to see what I enjoy more watching them scramble through their feelings or Yu scrambling through the most basic idioms."

Yugong started to throw a mug from Nai's desk off of it, but at the last moment Nai caught it and looked at his old friend, "Banshan. Yonghou." they both looked at him as he had grown two extra heads as he addressed them that way, "We are staying here."

"Staying where?" asked Weiwei as she entered the room. All eyes went to her as the boys loudly greeted, "Mrs. Nai!" both Yugong and Houzi helped her rotund belly sit on the couch as she asked once more, "Where are you staying while someone else leaves?"

Offering her a small smile, Nai answered, "I am sending Mei and KO to the United States on some business for Zhi Yi. Only them."

Those last two words being emphasized at his friends was not missed by Weiwei, "Do you plan to stay behind, husband?"

The nod of his head was short but definite. Guilt and worry started to run away with Weiwei's thoughts as she rubbed her belly thoughtfully. She hated the idea that the twins growing inside her may be holding him back from his company. Slowly she started to offer, "Erxi is free with a lot of her time since Guang is out of town. You can rest easy that I am in good hands."

Once more he shook his head, "Only KO and Mr. Girly are necessary for this trip. They have business to settle."

As if summoned from their very thoughts Hao Mei poked his pretty head in the door and gave them that carefree smile, "Meeting time, boss?"

All it took was a nod of his head and everyone started to usher out. Weiwei lagged behind trying to figure out the most graceful way to rise from the couch without looking a tuna trapped on a boat. Just as she was about to give up a gentle hand extended itself and she followed her gaze her from it to the kind, all knowing, face of her dear husband. Slowly, delicately she stood with his help with all of her dignity intact. Offering him her own demure smirk, she asked, "Is Mr. Girly having difficulties with his shadow? Or is this a real business trip?"

With that wise man smirk of his all he said on the matter was "Both." before he changed the subject, "I will most likely be working late tonight. I want you to stay with Erxi till I come to pick you up. Nothing strenuous."

Reluctantly he watched her give him a sweet obedient nod before leaving. He wanted to stop her. He wanted to keep her close. Keep her safe. But he knew better than that. Part of Xiao Nai's gifted curse was he was always smarter than his emotions. More civilized than his instincts.

Or so he thought.

But the more his precious, delicate bodied, Weiwei swelled with not one but two of their first children...the more Nai felt his control and his logic slipping. It was becoming increasingly harder to give her independence. The desire to keep her as a caged bird protected in the world's finest cage grew out of hand in the darkest corners of his mind.

Soon she was out of sight in the elevator and he breathed a sigh of relief. He took his seat at the table of waiting colleagues and began listing off what was needed for the goals for the day, then the week, and where they should be by month's end. Everyone started to pack their things, but stopped as soon as Nai started speaking again with making no moves to move, "There is a programming conference in the United States this year I would like to send two representatives to check it out and see if we can recruit some new members for the team. I would like to send Hao Mei."

Those sitting at the table that weren't Yugong or Houzi all practically fell out of their chairs in surprise even the man himself was both proud and stunned. But it did not escape Mr. Girly's friend's notice that KO's gaze was still at the table. Completely blank.

Houzi kicked Yugong, who in turn kicked Nai, who only nodded at them in an attempt gracefully tell them to kindly shut up.

Mei began to drum at the table before slamming in victory to his feet, "Ah yeah! Finally my talents are appreciated! I look forward to looking at pretty American girls. You better keep your hands to yourself or I will tell Mrs. Nai. I will be her champion protecting her dignity and virtue from the selfish hands of you."

"I'm not going." was all Nai said as he hid the amused pride of his plan.

Mei collapsed back into his chair, "Then who? Frick or Frack over there?"

Yugong and Houzi exchanged a look before Yugong asked, "You mean Fritz and Franz don't you?"

Houzi whacked at Yugong's arm, "Thats not even an idiom how do you mess that up? The man just said it."

Nai ignored their bickering and continued on, "I cannot go with Weiwei's pregnancy as far along as it is. There is only one person I feel who has the skill to take my place at the conference."

It was at this moment that KO looked up and made direct eye contact with Nai. There was no telling what was behind that stare that was just as emotionless as his own. He held that eye contact and announced, "I plan to send KO with him. KO has the expertise required to test any new potential. Plus given his friendship with Hao Mei I find it the ideal pair."

This caused several chuckles and some chiming in about "the other office married couple" getting a honeymoon. While Yugong and Houzi were busy watching Hao Mei's reaction carefully, it was Nai who kept hold of KO's eye contact. Whatever emotion was behind that stare, Nai couldn't be the first one to look away. Finally KO looked back down at his notes, still tense, but at least not challenging Nai anymore. So Nai held back the pride and announced, "That is all. You two come to my office at the end of the day to get the details on your trip. Meeting dismissed."

As everyone shuffled off, only Hao Mei and KO remained. They both sat there for a minute before Hao Mei nervously laughed, "We'll need to find someone to watch Nuer."

With a firm nod of his head and an agreeable grunt was all KO offered his roommate. For a moment Mei still refused to look at him as he laughed quietly, "That dog is more spoiled than I am with you. I don't know what she'll do without your cooking."

"Same with you."

Finally Mei looked at him as confusion mixed with apprehension, "What do you mean?" when all KO did was look at him, it hit Mei so hard he scrambled to his feet and threw his head back slamming his palm to his forehead, "Ack! No! We'll be away from a kitchen! My stomach will have to settle for someone else's food. KO! I'm depressed, comfort me!"

He rested his forehead on K.O;'s shoulder and continued to whine. On the outside KO's stats remained constant. His face: level. His voice: level. All that gave way to his inner workings was a small glint in KO's eye as he said, "Dinner I'll make your favorite."

Hopeful Mei eyes looked at him as KO kept his eyes forward, "And I'll pack snacks."

Mei wrapped his arms around KO and exclaimed, "Forget Nai and the others! I always knew you were my real best friend!"

KO stood out of the hug and grumbled, "Keep your best friends."

Mei shrugged off KO's behavior. The man was an oddity. With that, he stood on the table and yelled, "Come one, come all! I have a mission for all you peasants that can transform you to a hero!"

As the workers all gathered around, one of them called, "What does your big mouth want now?"

Mei winked at them all and said, "As all of you know, my prize...my beauty...my joy...Nuer."

Groans and grimaces erupted as they waved him off, "Aw! Its about that devil dog."

Houzi laughed, "Why bug us about KO and your daughter? Another tale of Her Highness perfect snoring and pretty drool?"

Mei waved his hands at him, "Nuer, our princess needs a lucky individual to watch her while we are away. The offer is this! Use of our apartment while we are away, free meals for a week, and-"

KO stalked up to the table and without raising his voice or flinching away the tension that only few could interpret in his eyes, he held Mei's gaze, "Nuer requires care. Not an auction."

Still Mei smiled and persisted thinking that sometimes KO needed a shove, "All right, all right!" he winked at him and once more called to the crowd, "Prizes will only go to those who can shower Nuer with as much as love as KO and myself. She is our beloved daughter after all."

Nai emerged from the crowd, "I am sure the missus knows someone fit for the job." he stopped next to KO looking at him said, "She has experience." then he looked up at Hao Mei to say, "Get off my table and come get the details on your trip."

In her pocket, Weiwei's phone began to vibrate. When she opened and saw the message she gave a small chuckle before addressing her friends at dinner, "Erxi, do you remember when you watched Cafe for Guang?"

Xiaoling, Sisi, and Erxi all looked at her in the most peculiar way. Swallowing done a huge bite of noodles, Erxi gave a small cough before responding, "Before he was my boyfriend?"

Sisi threw her napkin at her and clucked, "Tch! Bragger. Bragger."

Sticking her tongue out, Erxi just smiled impishly, "Now I take care of Cafe with him since Cafe seems to like me so much better."

Smiling at their play, Weiwei nodded and feigned disappointment, "Had you been listening I may have had an opportunity for you to make a little extra money and mooch off someone else for a bit. But maybe being a diplomat's kept woman has you soft..."

"Money, free food, and someone else's utility bill? Sign me up! Sign me up! Please goddess Weiwei. You are truly a gracious friend who loves and cares for those so much less fortunate."

"Who is less fortunate?"

"Not all of us have the good loving care of Lord ever day and night."

Beaming with pride, Weiwei chuckled, "Well I suppose I could help out a friend who is apparently down on her luck. But I did forget Guang is gone which means you are caring for Cafe. You may not have time her name is Nuer and she is a bit high maintenance. Her daddies have spoiled her."

All three woman exchanged looks of wonder and awe. In unison they whispered incredulously, "Daddies?"

Weiwei nodded, "One of Lord's college friends and his roommate have to go out on business. They need someone to stay with their dog at night. She's used to being alone during work hours, but has never been alone beyond that though."

Xiaoling clucked her tongue and shook her head, "This sounds like it is going to be difficult. Especially for the likes of Erxi. I have known stories of these spoiled dogs from overindulgent 'daddies'. She probably comes with a better wardrobe than Erxi."

Sisi giggled, "At least they'll know who is the master and who is the slave that way."

Erxi pouted, "I am no pooch's servant."

Still Weiwei knew Erxi would be perfect for the job and offered kindly, "I'm sure they wouldn't us coming over and perhaps introducing the two of you."

Silently KO stood in the kitchen cooking dinner with Nuer staring up at him with her big blue eyes and that pink nose twitching at the smells. With a shake of his head and point of the spatula she trotted over to her mat by her dinner bowl and patiently waited. From the corners of his eyes he watched her watching him. He mumbled, "We'll be back soon. Its a few days."

Drying off his hair, Mei came out in only a towel around his hips and inwardly KO felt that all too familiar pang. A lesser man would have cracked long ago. But KO was patient and careful. Still Mei stood there with water still glistening on his naked torso.

Damn him.

All he said was, "Get dressed. They'll be here soon."

Mei nodded his agreement, "Yeah, yeah, I know and I will. I just wanted a bit of a peak at dinner." he approached and was all in KO's bubble. The will to remain calm and even, to keep his hands to himself, to not startle his prey, it all was weakening under the power and pressure of Mei's half naked form. Daring a quick glance down at the towel, KO was now transfixed.

Just the towel.

It would be so easy. So quick.

The past three years living together and one year of friendship before that would be culminated in just one moment. All he had to do was crack the code of a simple towel and it would all be over.

It would be over.

That was the cold shower KO needed as he looked back to his cooking. That one word was all the reminder he needed. This wasn't about cracking the code beyond the towel. It was more complicated than that. His eyes darted to Mei's chest.

KO had a bigger goal in mind. He didn't just want what was under Mei's towel. He wanted more. He wanted to completely overtake and fill Mei's heart. He wanted to infiltrate his mind so completely that Mei was utterly useless without him. His eyes were on his face now as Mei was examining all the food with his mouth practically drooling everywhere.

At the last minute, Mei looked up and totally caught KO looking at him. Their eyes locked and Mei just smiled big at him, "You're making way too much food, dude."

"This is for Nuer."

That bare arm slid around KO's shoulder and pulled him close to his side, "I know, but she won't eat all that. We are only going for a few days. Plus, if Mrs. Nai approves of her then she has to be good. No worries!"

"You give her food under the table at meals. She's used to more."

Mei's face contorted with the most adorable 'Eep! Caught...' look and there was no tamping down the smile itching at the corners of KO's mouth. With a slow nod, Mei crept back to his room, "Is will leave you to that then."

"Get dressed. Pack."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I got to go decide what I'll wear for all the pretty American ladies."

A sharp twang clutched at KO's heart and stole the breath from his lungs as he said, "Its an international conference."

Mei's head popped out of the bedroom, "You mean worldwide beauties?"

KO stared at the towel around Mei's neck and the one in his hand on the door. That meant...behind that door...he was...

Damn him.

KO started to bowl the food with more force than he had intended. A knock at the door summoned KO's attention and Mei closed the door to get dressed quickly. When KO opened the door there stood Weiwei with 3 unknown faces peering curiously at him from behind her. The gentle face nodded at him all-knowingly completely aware yet unashamed of her friends' gawking, "Hello, Mr. KO. We've come to see if Erxi and Nuer can get along."

The man was smoking hot Erxi thought. He was tougher, manlier, more intense than she had initially thought he would be. He nodded and showed them in. Immediately Erxi crouched low and began to call overly cute and sweet, "Nuer? Nuer? Nuer. Come here, sweet girl." she stood and smiled confidently at the broody man, "Where is the little darling?"

"Followed Mei. Nuer." as soon as he summoned the door nosed opened and with the click-click-click of her doggy nails in trotted the biggest dog Erxi had ever seen. She was all white with pointy ears, a stubby tail, large rib cage, tiny hips, and long deer-like legs. Piercing intense blue eyes stared at her and for the first time Erxi could feel a dog obviously openly judging her. After the assessment was complete, Nuer stuck her pink nose in the air and brushed right past Erxi to Xiaoling. She sat and waited. Staring expectantly. With a smile, Xiaoling acquiesced and stroked the dog's head, "I've always heard Dobermans are smart, but never knew they had such good taste."

Sisi nodded, "From the looks of it, Erxi you've been fired."

Erxi waved them off, "She just smells Cafe on me. Thats all. After a shower, she'll warm up to me."

From the bedroom, Mei's voice called, "KO! I need you! Where's my bag?"

Without another word, KO headed back into Mei's room and closed the door behind him. The girls all huddled around Weiwei and began bombarded her with questions. Unable to answer them all, Erxi grabbed her by the shoulders forcing her to look at her, "Tell me those two gorgeous guys only just live together."

Xiaoling chuffed with doubt, "Their dog's name is 'Nuer'. He beckoned, he answered. He doesn't know where his stuff is, but he does. Come on. Dish the details, Weiwei. They are that way, huh?"

Sisi shook her head, "I think if they've lived together long enough. I don't know. What is it, Weiwei?"

All Weiwei could do was shrug her answer, but from her face apparently her friends all read her true thoughts.

Erxi waved them all quiet as the two men reentered the room. Nuer immediately went over to Mei who sat on the couch to began petting her. He smiled at the girls big and instructed, "Hello, ladies. I'm Hao Mei and this is Nuer. She is our baby. Our pride and joy. KO found her in a trash can as a puppy. Who ever left her there obviously didn't love her very much, so we make sure to make up for it for her. She'll be two next month. Which one of you will be staying with her at night?"

Weiwei pushed Erxi forward and introduced, "Mr. Girly, may I introduce Zhao Erxi. She watches her boyfriend's cat whenever he is away. Think of it as an unofficial specialty."

Before Erxi could bulk, KO interrupted from the kitchen, "Her food will be in the fridge. Just heat it up."

Mei nodded proudly, "KO makes all her meals. She gets walked twice a day. Morning and before bed. I think that is about it. She's pretty laidback. She doesn't bark much, so if she does you know its important. Its one of the things I love about her."

Only Erxi and KO heard Weiwei mutter winking poignantly to KO, "She sounds like her daddy there." clearing her throat when KO gave her a look Weiwei asked sweetly to Mei, "When do you guys leave?"

"Nai has us some plane tickets settled for us tomorrow. Its all so sudden. I get the feeling he's been planning this and waited to spring it on us to catch it off guard. Like he's hoping for some outcome in particular." both KO and Weiwei stared at him in shock until he continued and laughed, "But there's no ways that is the case. What possible outcome could he be scheming?"

Taking their seats on the flight, KO felt a sense of dread as they waited for other passengers to take their seats. It must have been written all over his face, because Mei asked while yawning, "You seem tense. Whats up?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

Mei nodded with a shrug, "You say that, but I know something is off. We didn't sleep much last night, but you don't get tired. So is it Nuer?"

"Mmm."

Mei scoffed knowingly and KO was surprised when he didn't play it off. Instead Mei said rather thoughtfully, "I wish we could have spent more time with Ms. Erxi. I trust Mrs. Nai, but Nuer is very important to us. Try not worrying about it too much though, because this conference is important to Nai and Zhi Yi. That makes it important to us also. Its the first time Nai has really entrusted such an important task to me. I feel honored. Its why we must do our best. Right, KO?"

For a few moments, KO fell in love with Mei and his earnestness all over again. But at the same time he also felt anger that Xiao Nai would manipulate someone he claimed was one of his best friends in such a way.

Lie or truth.

Either way Mei would be wronged. KO was too disappointed to be happy about an opportunity such as this of just Mei and him. The dark and negative started to swell and swirl around him till his side grew heavy and warm. He looked to see Mei cuddling in to sleep on him. Mei's adorable face so relaxed and comfortable as he tried to drift off peacefully on KO's shoulder. When the stewardess came by offering a pillow, KO shook his head warding her off. Maybe this trip wouldn't be so bad. Maybe they would make more progress. Maybe Nuer would be fine. Maybe everything would work out for the better.

But fourteen year old KO in the back of his mind kept chiming in reminding him the last time he was happy. The last time he was secure. The last time he had a family.

Mei and Nuer were his family now. They were his happiness. His security.

Swallowing the storm and burying it behind his calm exterior KO let himself drift off to sleep on the flight too. His head on Mei's.

Enjoy the moment...regardless the outcome...just as Mei would.

To Be Continued

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

7.2K 144 17
They were engaged, she thought that this would never happen. After her first time with her fiancé, she woke up and he wasn't there. Skip to three yea...
230K 10.3K 20
•College AU• •No Quirks• Izuku, Eijirou, and Katsuki were partnered up for a project at the beginning of their senior year. It ended up becoming a ti...
35.4K 887 23
This story is based on Love020/ A slight smile so charming . This is an AU story. Not all love stories are like water in a canal, some are meandering...
122K 7K 30
Sequel to Wild Boys would you do it, relive a summer love with the one person you love but can't remember? [ narry twins au ]