golden | acotar

By kaixcookies

Briella Soleil just wanted to spend a week with her brother when she accidentally ended up in Prythian instea... More

ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ
ᴄᴀsᴛ, ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs, & ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜɪɴɢs
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ | thorns and roses
chapter 0.5
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒
not an update my loves x

chapter 1

4.2K 186 79
By kaixcookies

𝐜𝐡. 𝟏: 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐢

There were many ways I could've responded to being told that I was in Prythian but of course I chose to laugh in the High Lord of the Spring Court's face whose very court I had landed myself in.

Despite the very awkward, highly unpromising start we got off to, I found myself slowly becoming friends with the High Lord. Don't get me wrong the minute he formally introduced himself as Tamlin I wanted nothing more than to slap him across the face, knock some sense into him about treating his court and ex-lover, then throw him off a cliff and call it justice for Feyre.

That would've been a terrible choice on my part because, after further examination, Tamlin was still sending members of his court over the wall as wolves to hopefully break Amarantha's curse. He hadn't even met Feyre yet. I concluded that I had accidentally traveled to the Spring Court sometime before A Court of Thorns and Roses.

I also hadn't met Lucien yet and didn't want to ask Tamlin about it because as far as he knew, I didn't even know Lucien existed.

So I spent two weeks living at Rosehall spending my days in the library reading books from Tamlin's massive collection. On day one, I discovered that my shape-shifting abilities had a mind of their own and changed me to look high fae from the moment I landed in Prythian. I could still appear human if I wanted to so that was good.

On day two of living at the manor, I discovered that letting my power flow through me allowed me to see the lesser fae and feel the magic buzzing in the air. I then ventured down to the kitchen and after begging the cook, was allowed to bake cookies that I forced Tamlin to try. He won't admit it out loud but he thought that they were delicious and asked me to make them again the following week.

A handful of days were spent hanging out with Tamlin who kind of adopted me (does that exist in Prythian?) as a little sister. We would roam the grounds close to the manor when it was safe and sometimes he would join me in the library. Getting to know him made me feel a tiny bit guilty about the whole Feyre situation but Feysand is endgame so Tam can get a redemption arc.

It was in the middle of the third week during breakfast when Tamlin broke the news that his emissary was returning the following day.

• ☼ •

After Tamlin announced that Lucien was going to be back tomorrow morning, I asked him if he told Lucien that I was staying at Rosehall and of course Tamlin hadn't. After lecturing him about the dangers of withholding information, I wandered back up to my room to go back to sleep since I had stayed up into the early hours of the morning finishing a book. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

• ☼ •

"You're an idiot."

I whipped around and sent a guilty smile at Levi. My older brother wasn't actually here although he could probably teleport here if he wanted to. Communicating through dreams happens when one person sends their consciousness into another's dream.

"Did you get my text?" I asked. Levi rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I did. And then you don't show up so I have to figure out how to track you since your dumbass jumped to another world."

"Prythian's nice, thanks for asking." I deadpanned. "Why don't you come and join me?"

"Because I had to tell our father where his daughter went!" Levi exclaimed, "You know, he took it surprisingly well..."

"Wait, you're serious? Didn't see that coming." I paused, "Can't you come and join me now since exams are over? How were exams by the way?"

"They were fine." Levi sighed, "Stressful, but they went well. And I'll join you if you ever get to the Night Court."

"Wait, you read the series?"

"Uh, yeah." Levi said like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Also, you're in for a treat when you wake up little sis. Speaking of which, time to wake up Bri!"

"Wait, what? Levi!" I protested watching him disappear. I could feel myself beginning to wake up and cursed Levi and his ability to annoy me through the constant withholding of information.

My eyes shot open then immediately shut because of the blinding sunlight streaming through the window. Still cursing Levi, I rolled out of bed and changed into something more presentable. My time at Rosehall had been enjoyable but the Spring Court fashion I could do without. Too many poofy dresses and not enough sweatpants and comfy t-shirts.

I stormed down the stairs still annoyed at Levi. I could almost hear him laughing at my misery while telling me that this was payback for not teleporting to him and making him have to search for me. Distracted in my thoughts, I didn't notice the red-haired male until I crashed into him. He stumbled but regained his balance and caught my shoulders before I could tumble to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" I rushed out, "Thanks for catching me though."

"It's not a problem." A very familiar voice reassured me. I snapped my head up and my jaw immediately dropped. What. The. Hell.

His eyes widened when they met mine and he cursed under his breath. I still gaped up at the male utterly speechless and completely confused. The male who stood in front of me looked almost exactly like Levi. His hair was more red than brown and his face was partially covered by a mask, but I could tell that he and my brother could easily pass as twins.

"Briella," the male said as if he recognized me. I continued to stare up at him in disbelief, "I'm Lucien. Let's find somewhere to talk."

• ☼ •

Levi, sorry, Lucien, led me to his chambers where it was apparently "safest to talk." The room looked exactly how Feyre had described it but the last thing on my mind was his room decor. Lucien closed the door and I sat on the edge of his bed, not really caring if he minded or not. The fact that my brother and Lucien looked like twins was still not processing in my brain. Lucien grabbed a chair and dragged it over so that he could sit in front of me.

"I know Levi." He blurted out after a few moments of silence. I snapped my head up to look at him and slumped in further confusion.

"You know Levi?" I asked, "Levi as in my brother, Levi?" Lucien looked conflicted for a second as if he wanted to tell me something but wasn't sure how I would react. I raised an eyebrow and gestured for him to elaborate.

"We're brothers," Lucien said, "Levi and I."

"Poor, you-" I squinted at him, "-and no, you're not. This is more confusing than math. Like, I missed two weeks of calculus level confusing."

"I don't know what that means." Lucien said, "But Levi and I are brothers. Half-brothers through our mother."

"This doesn't make any sense." I groaned, rubbing my temples. I hate you, I chanted mentally as if Levi would hear me if I kept repeating it. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I will castrate you the next time I see you. I will chop you up into teeny, tiny, pieces and feed you to a rat. I will-

"Briella," Lucien said, interrupting my list of ways to torture my brother, "I'm not just Levi's brother."

"Yeah, I get that." I snapped, still in shock, "You have your asshole brothers Eris and I don't know any other of their names."

"No, Briella." Lucien said, grabbing my hands and looking at me, "I'm your brother."

"I'm going to kill, Levi."

• ☼ •

Here's chapter 1 (if you don't count chapter 0.5 as 1)! Bri's been hanging out in the Spring Court with TAMLIN at Rosehall. Do you think Tamlin should get a redemption arc?

Bri also met Lucien and found out some very surprising news lol. How would you feel if you had Bri's brothers?

Well, see you in the next chapter! Feel free to click that star to leave a vote, comment, or do both :) Or you can do none and that's okay because I'll still love you for reading .

Bye!

kai x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.5K 35
With the war against Hybern over, Prythian is finally able to breathe. That is, until four women are brought into a dream where they discover that th...
64.8K 2K 18
𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚: 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. She saw herself as one could view the moon. Isolated from everyone, alone in the da...
29.1K 814 20
Two hundred years ago Rhysand lost his mother and sister in a grueling murder. But what if that sister had survived? What if the head in that box was...
108K 3.7K 49
The magic of Prythian is fading, and with it everything that Zaria loves. As daughter of Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court, her father's reputati...