His Smirk ||

By JadedRein

PART I ---> http://www.wattpad.com/story/75943-it-began-with-a-smirk Kale and Rein. Finally a couple. Finally... More

1 - The Boyfriend
2 - Unaccounted for Responses
4 - Bitter Liquid, Bitter Words
5 - Decisions of the Drunk
6 - Wake Up Call
7 - Under Control or Going Under?
8- Taking the Steps
9- Makeshift Family Fun
10- To Put Together a Puzzle You First Need Pieces
11- A Slew of Plans
12: Why?
13: Spoiled Brats
14: Too Much Talking
15: Miracle Drug
16: Connections
17- Letterman Jackets
18- Just What I Needed
19: Fast Spreading Words
20: Pushing Back
21: A Sky full of Rein
22- Weeding Out Lies
23: Taking Advantage
24: Game Changer
25: Doing it Wrong
26: What Friends Are For

3 - It's All Whose Fault?

83.7K 795 65
By JadedRein

--Kale’s -POV-

The moment I closed the front door behind me I let out an angered yell. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” My fist connected with the wall as I punched it with my already sore fist. I can’t believe this! My mind yelled as I pulled my hand back from the wall wincing, looking down at my bloodied knuckles. But I couldn’t feel it. I was too mad… no, I was beyond mad; I was enraged.

“I can’t fucking believe this!” I let out through clenched teeth before storming up the steps and barreling through my door. And I couldn’t. My day couldn’t have gotten any worse if it had been written for a character that someone despised and wanted to break in some stupid story.

Not wanting to beat myself up anymore I threw myself onto my bed and rolled onto my back, glaring up at the ceiling. It had been the worst day and it had only gotten worse.

Just thinking about it made my blood start to boil again, and I had to shut my eyes so I wouldn’t burst a blood vessel or something. Of all things I’d counted on Rein to make me feel better. But now here I was alone in my dark bedroom. My face was starting to sting like hell but I didn’t care.

The day had started poorly and only took a turn for the worse. I’d woken up to Rein’s soft groaning in her sleep as she rolled away from me. Awake enough to hear the alarm clock but too tired to turn it off herself. A smile slid across my face as I gazed down at her sleeping face, she always looked so calm and innocent when she slept. It was a face that made you want to protect it from walking to the world at all costs. Caught up in watching her I’d turned off the alarm and touched my nose to hers, laying front to front.

Her soft breathing rolled in warm little brushes across my cheeks and I’d found myself falling back to sleep to the sounds of her heart. Even with how upset I was now as I thought about it a little smile inched onto my face. The only time I ever let my guard down was when I was with Rein. I knew that no matter what I did she’d be there to forgive me, it was the way she was.

My smile faded as I remembered how my little moment had caused us to be late for school. Of course she’d forgiven me; she always forgave me. But that didn’t change the fact that we both had to rush like mad all over the house trying to get everything ready for school, and the game that would follow it. With my stupid little blunder we ended up having no time to share the morning showers I’d come to love so much.

I could never get enough of her; she was like some drug to me. When it came to Rein I lost the few rational thoughts that were housed in my head. My mind would single in and I couldn’t even stop myself. Though it heightened our passion when I was able to get her into bed with her doing the usual batting me away saying she was too busy, but it also made my anger worse. Like just a few minutes ago. I couldn’t think of anything but how I wanted to bash Klares’ skull in for so much as talking to her.

Of all people it just had to be him! Fuck Klares! My mind seethed and my eyes snapped open to glare at the ceiling. The pain was rushing to my face and my fists but I didn’t give a damn. Even the dull ache in my chest didn’t bother me. No matter how bruised I got I’d gladly do it again. I’d throw that fucker to the ground and kick his face in. The only reason he’d even gotten a slight upper hand in the fight was because I’d been trying to hold back for Rein’s sake. Rein.

I groaned and laid my hand over my eyes. Why did I have to be so emotional when it came to her? She was always distracting me. Like this morning. We’d been late and I’d left my football uniform sitting on the edge of my bed in the neat pile that Rein had arranged it into the day before. It had been just what I needed. A rushed, stressful start to what could be the biggest day in my football career so far. The game against ClayVontte; our rivals.

It was the first game against them with me as team captain. All pressure was on me. Would I be able to lead us to victory? It’d been three years since we’d last won against those damned idiots. I was determined to win; nothing would get in my way. It was more than some rivalry. There were scouts at the game, college scouts looking for a quarterback. What Scout in their right mind wouldn’t be there? The two choice candidates facing off; Kale Pharkerson and Mike Klares.  

Fuck Klares! I thought again and sat up roughly. I snatched up my pillow with my aching hands and whipped it across the room. I’d lost the fucking game. It had all been in my hands and I just let it slip through.

It’s all Rein’s fault. I thought suddenly and got to my feet pacing the room. She made me late. I told myself as my hands clenched and unclenched. The anger and adrenaline from the fight still flowing through me. She’s the reason I left behind my uniform. I turned my eyes to where it lay in a heap on the floor. I’d thrown it down the moment I’d got back after the game. The loss. Again I growled and stalked over to it, giving the helmet a swift kick. The hard plastic rolled across the floor and hit the wall with a loud thud.

If I hadn’t left it behind I wouldn’t have had to make a pit stop to come get it after school. The precious minutes I would have gotten with Rein soothing my nerves had been wasted driving back just for the damned thing. I needed her to tell me I could do it. I needed her to give me a kiss and calm me down. Tell me to go win it for her, and get my mood up so I could march out on the field and do what I needed to do. It’s not that hard a fucking task. My mind hissed as I began to pace once more. Just a few little words and I would have been fine, But no.

I stopped again and looked around at the dark room. “I can’t believe this.” I hissed, my eyes narrowing on the football gear again. I’d lost the game. I’d lost the scout. It’s all her fucking fault. I stormed into my bathroom not even bothering to close the door behind me as roughly jerked the water on. The blood running down my lip was starting to piss me the hell off. The blood from where Klares’ had split my lip. Fuck Klares.

My heart tore madly in my chest and I stripped off my clothes. As I pulled off my shirt the sight of myself in the mirror caught my eye. What does he have that I don’t? I suddenly thought as I let my eyes scan my tight firm chest. Bruises were slowly starting to form where he’d assaulted my rightmost gut with jabs. I’ve got Rein, my mind reminded me and I ignored the loud running water as I approached the mirror.

I let my eyes scan my face. My blonde hair jutting up a little messy from the sweat that had dried in it. But looking as perfect as always, I’d always had good hair. Just a shake of the head and let it air dry and it would be just right. Not like Klares shaggy mop. I thought smugly thinking of his stupid head of brown hair. Nothing like him at all I agreed with myself. Though slightly bruised my features still looked damned amazing. Of course they did. I was fucking Kale after all.

My eyes locked on the reflection of themselves and I studied the hazel. They were harsh and slightly bloodshot. I could feel my anger growing just glaring at myself. I don’t look a thing like that fucker. I confirmed and my eyes scanned down over my chest again. The rock hard muscles that I was so proud of. The pecks and abs that Rein loved to run her hands over whenever we were laying together.

She’s never told me I look good. I suddenly realized as my eyes stopped on my face once more. I told her she was beautiful all the time. She was, why not tell her? But Rein… Rein never once said anything about how I looked. I knew she liked it, she wasn’t shy about touching me anymore. And that stupid picture Brendon had taken had made her blush so deeply. I tried to smirk as I remembered the affect my body had on her but I couldn’t manage it. She’s never said anything about how I look.

I couldn’t shake that thought. What if the reason she didn’t was because…. what if she really didn’t like how I looked? What if she thinks I’m just decent? I growled at this thought and tore myself away from the mirror. Of course she loves how I look. I look like a fucking model. I told myself as I stripped of the rest of my clothes and clambered into the hot shower. The water collided with my body and ran down into the drain washing away the sweat and grime that had accumulated from the game. The game I’d lost. And the fight I lost, both to Klares.

“Fuck Klares!” I groaned and roughly ran my hands over my short blonde hair. He’s a nobody. He’s just some shaggy haired idiot who’s hanging around my girl because he can’t get his own.

My eyes ran down my body again. Of course she loves my body. I assured myself again as I took in my muscles and the smooth skin. I’m damned good looking. Everyone loves how I look.

Slowly a grimace formed on my lips. Rein wasn’t just anyone, she wasn’t like everyone else; she was different. What if…what if she had a different view on me too? What if she didn’t like perfection? What if she liked shaggy hair, taller guys with a bigger build than me? Like Klares and his stupid down to earth look.

My gut lurched and I slammed my fist into the wall of the shower. I didn’t even care that I’d just broken my knuckles open. I watched the blood mixing with the water as it traveled down the tile wall. She’d taken awfully long for just spending time with a friend? Of course winning the game would turn her on. I thought angrily as I shut off the water and pushed out of the shower. Bet Klares had a fucking field day with that.

I couldn’t even shake the thought of the two of them together. Where had they done it? In his car? Or maybe waited till everyone cleared out of the field and did it on the bleachers? A little victory reward for the damned ClayVontte quarterback? I bet she’s having a fucking field day alone with him right now!

I stormed into my room not bothering to grab any clothes. I’d dry soon enough with my enraged pacing. Rein isn’t like that. I tried to sooth myself but to no avail. I’d gone past the reason. What’s taking so long? It’s not that far to the hospital.

I snatched my phone up from my bed and hovered my finger over the button to call her. I bet she’s busy with him right now. My mind flashed with images of them suddenly and I had to shut my eyes and let out a growl. Bet him sticking up for her was a great ego boost. I exited her contact image as I thought back to the voicemail she’d left. Out with a friend? More like putting out.

My mind was yanked from the line of thoughts as it started vibrating and ringing in my hand. I stared down at the damned thing and at Jakeson’s name across the screen. For a second I considered ignoring the call but a twisted grin spread across my face as I answered it instead. “Yes?”

“You called earlier?” his voice came through and I could already hear Spencer and Matthew yelling at each other in the background. I already knew they were all gathered at Jakeson’s house. Like loyal little dogs just waiting for Rein to call and suggest something like a movie night. They’d all answer and act as though it was a brilliant idea and were surprised she thought of it when they were already over and waiting for her to arrive. Faithful little buggers who jumped at every opportunity they’d get to be with her. Pathetic.

“Yeah.” I nodded and started to pull through my drawers.

“Well what’s up?”

I laughed dryly. “I had been looking for Rein.” I admitted even though he already knew that. Jakeson would never call me unless he thought Rein was in some sort of turmoil. The mindless idiot just kept butting in where he wasn’t welcomed. Didn’t he know she’d chosen me? “But I found her.” my voice turned cold. She chose me up until I’d lost to precious Klares. Fuck Klares!

He let out a slow breath. “Good. We hadn’t seen her and we got worried.”

“I’m coming over.” I announced as I pulled out my jeans. “You’re going to throw a party.”

“U-“ he started to protest but I didn’t give him the chance.

“We need to cheer the fuck up from that loss.” I made an excuse. Really I just wanted to get my mind off of things for a bit. “So get things started. I’ll be there soon.”

Without another word I hung up on him. If Rein can have some fun then so can I. Without stopping to think anything through I got dressed and tended to my lip. The entire time I stared in the mirror my mind reeling about the thought of Rein with that asshat.

By the time I’d made my way through Jakeson’s front door and through the crowding halls I was filling myself with any alcohol I could get my hands on.    

      ~-+-~-+-~

     Meanwhile-

 Frankie glanced over at Jakeson who paced the room frantically, calling everyone in his phone book. A little smile crossed his face and he shook his head, his blonde hair falling in his eyes. "You're taking orders from Kale now? Guess Rein really has made you soft," he muttered, getting a glare from Jakeson in response. 

      ~-+-~-+-~

[[ Readers~ So...I've gotten a terrific editor! Someone who I think will most definitely help this story out. I have weird ways of writing and she'll help make sure that you guys are always wondering how crazy I am since I word things odd.  Anywho enjoy! ~ Jade ]]

                                  --Special thanks to karmah5 for her amazing editing skills--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 249 19
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...
789K 1K 5
Finding relationships is easy... keeping them is the real game. Ellie Harrison is a shy, introverted senior at Santa Cruz High School. Her brother Ja...
509K 15.7K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
3K 37 22
~Excerpt~ "What do you want Eli?" I narrowed my eyes at him. I was so angry at him for avoiding me this last week. "Are you mad at me?" He waited a...