Inara

By Mikrokosmostae

Inara (n.) a ray of light or heaven-sent. Zade thinks the same as the mysterious Inara steps into his life, b... More

𝕮𝖔𝖕𝖞𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊
𝟏) 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟐) 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝟑) 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝟒) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝟓) 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚
𝟔) 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝟕) 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝟖) 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟗) 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
𝟏𝟎) 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)
𝟏𝟐) 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟏𝟑) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟒) 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝
𝟏𝟓) 𝐀 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐲
𝟏𝟔) 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲
𝟏𝟕) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬
𝟏𝟖) 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝟏𝟗) 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐬
𝟐𝟎) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟐𝟏) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝟐𝟐) 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫
𝟐𝟑) 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝟐𝟒) 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟓) 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐲
𝟐𝟔) 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝟐𝟕) 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬
𝟐𝟖) 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
𝟐𝟗) 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲
𝟑𝟎) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝟑𝟏) 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐬
𝟑𝟐) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 A 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟑𝟑) 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝟑𝟒) 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟑𝟓) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝟑𝟔) 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐲
𝟑𝟕) 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐨
𝟑𝟖) 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐨 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)
𝟑𝟗) 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟒𝟎) 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝
𝟒𝟏) 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)
𝟒𝟐) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦
𝟒𝟑) 𝐀 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
𝟒𝟒) 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐀 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟒𝟓) 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲-𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝟒𝟔) 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟒𝟕) 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐃𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐧
𝟒𝟖) 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐃𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐧 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)
𝟒𝟗) 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐨
𝟓𝟎) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥
𝟓𝟏) 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐢𝐫
𝟓𝟐) 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬
𝟓𝟑) 𝐀 𝐑𝐮𝐧-𝐈𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟓𝟒) 𝐀 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐲
𝟓𝟓) 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬
𝟓𝟔) 𝐈 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝟓𝟕) 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟓𝟖) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭
𝟓𝟗) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝟔𝟎) 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟔𝟏) 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟔𝟐) 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟔𝟑) 𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧
𝟔𝟒) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐈
𝟔𝟓) 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝟔𝟔) 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤
𝟔𝟕) 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐃𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐁𝐢𝐭

𝟏𝟏) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

9 3 0
By Mikrokosmostae

Zade was already in the parking lot of the hospital but Inara opens the door even before he has shut off the engine. He could see both Abir and Ivory standing at the entrance. They say something to Inara and she rushes inside with Abir.

Zade shuts the engine off and gets out to follow them inside but Ivory stops him.

"She seems to be drunk. Would you mind bringing her some coffee?" Ivory sweetly asks.

"But..." Zade wanted to say that she was sober enough but Ivory points at the right side of the building,

"The cafeteria is that way."

Zade nods and rushes to bring some coffee. Abir comes out with a deep sigh.

"How is she?" Ivory asks about Inara.

"Talking to the doctor," He then looks in the direction where Zade went, "Did he see or hear anything?"

"Not that I know of," Ivory bites her lip. It could get more dangerous than it already is if the Blue Moons get involved in this.

"Remember, Ivory. Victor already knows that Inara doesn't have her memories nor her powers. He is restraining himself because harming a human will only bring disciplinary action on him." Abir warns.

"And being the in charge of this town, he can't let that happen!" Ivory nods, "But I think Zade is already suspecting Inara."

"Then we have to make sure to keep him out of this. He is drawn to her scent and it wouldn't take him long to identify that she isn't a human but a wolf and from which pack 'she' is," Abir looks worriedly in the direction of Inara inside.

"But his pack had already helped Inara's pack before..." Ivory doesn't get it. If Zade comes to know the truth, he will definitely help Inara.

"It was before the 2nd war, Ivory. Zade and his close family went on a six-year hiatus only to come back and find the rest of his pack wiped from the face of the earth," It pains Abir to even say this. He knows the guilt of losing their whole pack when you were responsible for their lives.

"Because he doesn't know what happened to Inara's pack. If we just tell him the truth..." Ivory suggests.

"No! This is way beyond just telling the truth. The Black Alders (Victor's pack) completely destroyed the Blood Stone pack (Inara's pack) and the Blue Moon Pack (Zade's pack). But Victor made it seem like the Blood Stones fled after destroying the Blue Moons. How can we even explain it to Zade?"

"The Elders don't allow us to indulge in war details, there are no written chronicles or anything about the 2nd war. Tell me, how can we tell him the truth without any proof? The minute he gets to know who is in that hospital, what do you think Zade will do?" Ivory dreads that question. She knows Zade will kill Inara's brother.

"He never saw Inara before?" Ivory asks him.

"I don't know. He fought beside the Alpha of the Blood Stone pack in the first war. He might not recognize Inara but her brother, he will rip his head off. We have to keep them apart."

Abir looks determined to keep this secret.

"Victor might become a problem too." Ivory reminds him, "The Black Alders may seem to be silent but Victor's antics say otherwise. He keeps making Inara remember her memories."

"Even though his sense of smell is gone, he is still cunning," Abir agrees. There is nothing more dangerous to Inara than Victor. He doesn't know what is it that he wants but he doesn't want to find out.

"I keep telling Inara to wear the perfume you gave me but she refuses every time," Ivory pouts. That perfume is actually a mix of some herbs which will tone down Inara's wolf scent. Even though she doesn't remember her true form and is technically a human now, she sometimes smells like a wolf, giving the wrong impression to other wolves like Zade.

"You need to make her wear it. It will keep her away from other wolves and Zade...." Abir was about to say more but when Inara walks out to the front, he stops.

"How is Kyros?" Abir asks, holding her shoulders.

"He is better now. His heart rate increased suddenly but he is stable," She presses her forehead indicating that she has a headache.

"Have some coffee," Zade arrives and hands her the coffee. Inara smiles a little taking the coffee and goes back inside, with Ivory following her closely behind.

"Abir, I just heard a name, I don't know if I heard it right but..." Zade was sure he heard Kyros.

But why would Inara be taking care of Kyros? Why is Kyros back in town?

"I think it has been a long night..." Abir fakes a yawn because he doesn't want to answer his question. The more he lies, the more Zade would catch up soon, "You should go home. See you tomorrow," He walks back inside, waving his hand.

Zade walks to his own car, devastated.

"I am sure she said Kyros. But..." Zade awakened from his thoughts by his cell phone ringing. It was Evelyn calling. He picks up the call with a head full of questions.

"Where the fuck are you? Why isn't there any food in the house? You want me to die starving?" her complaints start but Zade was in no mood to listen.

He had to meet Odin.

Inara wasn't a wolf but she has a unique scent and even a mating mark. Zade couldn't smell her mate on her which means her mate is no more. But the mark was still as fresh as ever. What sorcery was this?

"I am going to Odin," He tells Evelyn and before she could say anything, he cuts the call and switches off his phone.

Zade is very confused. He knocks at the door of his ancestral home, hoping to find some answers.

"Is it possible that a mating mark can disappear?" he asks Odin, their teacher.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

567K 21.4K 41
Cathy is the omega of the Shade Pack; the runt, the failure, the disappointment. Things are never going to change- or so she thinks. A rogue pack...
306 30 9
This story revolves around a pack of wolves. Their love for each other and how they overcome the superstition and expectations of the society. Let's...
10.5K 484 24
"I will spend the rest of my life fighting to protect you." Piper had been a prisoner in what she called home. She was being forced to marry someone...
119 16 9
In this world it's either fight or die. A world that's dominated by the powerful. If you aren't the strongest you don't matter and are used for the p...