Breaking Down His Walls [Zero...

By Detherny

(THIS TAKES PLACE WHEN YUKI HAS ALREADY LEFT) Zero Kiryu. The man I fell in love with. How? I dont know. I ju... More

O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t

F o u r

2.1K 108 38
By Detherny

-10 Days Later-

"Christmas is in 2 days!" Girls began shouting first thing when I walked in class. I mumbled and covered my ears in annoyance, walking to my seat next to that one girl.

"CHRISTMAS IS IN TWO DAYS!" I winced at the sudden shout beside me. These girls are way too excited. I looked around and couldn't spot the tall silver haired teen.

"Where the hell is he?" I muttered.

"Class! Calm down! I know Christmas is in two days, but calm down." The teacher said. I sighed and listened to the teacher. "Today, class is out! You guys can have your Christmas break!" With that said, a whole bunch of girls ran--- no more like rammed through the door. My eyes widened in horror. Man, girls are pretty scary. Well, when they're in love, I guess???? Some guys in the classroom were also wide eyed. Hehe.

"[Name], headmaster wants you," Zero's voice echoe in the classroom. I looked at the door in surprise.

"Hey, where were you? I was wondering where you were." I said, standing up and walking to him. He backed away a little bit and then began walking. Why is he always walking away from me? Am I that much of a bother? I followed him, my gaze on the floor.

". . .You're unusually quiet." Zero's voice startled me.

"H-Huh?!"

"You're quiet for the first time." He repeated, taking one glance over his shoulder. I nodded a little.

"Yea, I guess I am," I muttered, looking through the windows on the right.

"Is something bothering you?" I shook my head.

"I'm fine. Nothings wrong. Nothing at all." I whispered the last three words. I hadn't realized we were already in Mr. Cross's room until. . . .

"Oi! Hello!" I flinched, hearing a yell in my ear. "Good. You're alive." Mr. Cross said and walked behind his desk, siting down on his chair. "I realized I haven't gave you a weapon, yet. I will let you choose one, okay?" I nodded slowly. He walks up and opens a cabinet and there appears lots of weapons. My eyes stopes on a silver looking weapon.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh. . .that's the Artemis. (Is that spelled right? If not oh well) It can turn to a pole." Mr. Cross explained. I reached out for it until someone caught my wrist. I look up and see Zero glaring at me.

"You can't take that one." He growled. I forced a smile towards him.

"I'm sorry." I yanked my hand back, forcefully.

"Zero! She can pick what she wants!" Mr. Cross said. I shook my head with a little smile.

"It's fine, Mr. Cross." I looked at a katana. "Ooh! That one looks nice!" I carefully grabbed the katana and stroked the sheath that covered the katana. A smile appeared on my face. "This brings back memories. . . ."

"Let's go." Zero suddenly demanded. I looked at him.

"B-but, don't I have to prac---!" He interrupted me by grabbing my left arm and dragging me. "Z-Zero! Where're we going?" My right hand squeezed the katana slightly.

"Let's go sit down," he said. Weird. . .sit down? Where though? He dragged me outside and suddenly we were under a tree. He sat down and patted the seat next to him. I sat down next to him, pondering why're we here. "I just need to ask something. . . ," he whispered. I nodded in response. "What do you like?" I blinked.

"What?"

". . .What do you like?" He asked again.

A smile lit up on my face. "I like lots of things. Food, candy, desserts, teddy bears, flowers, food, candy. Oh and desserts!" I excitedly ranted.

"You said three things twice." He said.

"Oh. . .sorry. But, yep! That's what I like!" I gave him a thumbs up.

". . .Tch."

"D-Did you just click your tongue?! That's not nice!" I pouted. Zero looked straight ahead, the edges of his lips curving a bit. "So, what do you like, Daddy Long Legs?" I questioned.

He looked at me a bit startled. "I don't need to tell you." I lightly punched his shoulder and whined.

"Awh what??? I shouldn't have told you mine," I murmured.

Zero sighed and then turned to look the other way. "I like. . .myself and her."

My chest tightened. "Who's her?"

"This girl I know. She's annoying, innocent, beautiful, easy to talk to, fun, and has a pure heart." Zero softly said. I pondered about those words.

"Hey! We're talking about things not people!!!!" I shouted. He glanced at me in the corner of his eye.

"You know, you shouldn't hang with me," he said, looking at me directly in the eye. I furrowed my brows and opened my mouth.

"We--"

"Listen to me."

". . . ."

"I keep people away because I'm a vampire. A disgusting, dangerous, bloodsucking creature. I always hurt the people around me or either they always leave me. I don't want to hurt you, [Name]. You're such a kind hearted person and you don't deserve to be in my life. I should have never met you." He said, burying his hands in his face.

"Zero. . .but, I'm glad to meet you." I said.

"You shouldn't be glad."

"But, you were my very first friend. The nicest person to me was only you and I respect that. I can't leave my friend all alone in the darkness."

"But, weren't you alone in the darkness?" he almost said in a sneer. I wrapped my arms around my knees.

"Yes, I did, but I never thought anything negative about it. I always thought positive. You know what I always prayed for every night?" I stared at Zero, who stared back at me.

"What?"

"I prayed that one day I'd be saved. And, you saved me," I said with a smile. His eyes widened in surprise.

". . .What?"

"Yep. Believe it. You saved me. Thanks, friend," I lightly tapped his cheek. His skin was cold and milky white, but he looks good with milky white skin.

". . .Friend. . .?" I startes to get a little irritated.

"Want to know the definition? Friend means tha--!"

"I'm not an idiot. I know what friend means, idiot," he said with a little chuckle.

"OOOOOOOH! Zero chuckled!!!" I shouted, surprised. He glared at me while I smiled apologetically. "H-hehe, sorry."

". . . ."

"Hey, Zero?" I whispered.

". . .Hm?" I stood up in front of him and wiped the dirt off my black skirt. I stared directly into his lilac hues.

"I promise one day that I'll break down your walls, okay? I promise I can make you laugh forreals one day, too!" I confidently said with a grin and a thumbs up.

". . .!"

I looked at his face that had a shocked, bewildered expression. "Wait. Can you tell me what you like, not who you like?"

He opened his mouth, "Anything."

"So, I can buy you some lingerie or something? WAIT! SCRATCH OUT WHAT I SAID!" I shouted, flustered. I apologetically bowed with a red face and began to run back to my dorm. I wasn't supposed to say buy! It was supposed to be a surprise, but I don't think he caught on. Good thing Chirstmas break started, but dammit! I still got to patrol over night, right? Wait, nevermind. The Night class has winter break too, right?

-Next Day-

I asked Mr. Cross if I could go out shopping in town for Christmas. Good thing he accepted and didn't tell Zero to come! (And Mr. Cross gave me money! -3-) Whew! Mr. Cross told me to take my katana along, in case I get attacked. Who the hell is gonna attack me? I'm too awesome to be attacked. I walked into different stores, but nothing seemed right!

Hmm. There's a store called Fuko's Awesome Store. I can't believe it. It literally says Fuko's Awesome Store! LOL! That's cool though. I walked inside the door jingling with that ring-a-ding (hehehe get it????? No? Okay, sorry). "Welcome to Fuko's Awesome Store!" A handsome young fella greeted.

"Hello!" I shook his out stretched hand.

"What will you be looking for today?" He politely smiled.

"Whatever is in the store. It says awesome on the sign. I might as well look what's inside," I replied with a smal smile. He nodded.

"Right. Well, you may ask me if there's any trouble! Have fun shopping at Fuko's Awesome Store!"

It's surprisingly huge inside. Outside looked pretty small though. . . . I went down aisle to aisle until I stopped on a scarf. It is pretty cold right now. I should buy him a scarf. What color? Nah I should just get it customized. Luckily, there was a customize center. I asked the lady to sew on words on the scarf, since I dont know how to sew, there were also some people customizing t-shirts by themselves. I hope Zero likes his present. I'll buy a few chocolate candies and a huge teddy bear!

I especially hope he'll love the scarf. That scarf can be special to him one day, I hope. I smiled thinking about his reaction. Just wait till tomorrow, Zero!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 494 24
Kaname x Zero Yuki left him, The kids left him. Zero was growing accustomed to being nothing in the eyes of those he loved. But that didn't mean he w...
10.4K 242 21
(Unless you have finished the manga do not read!) Kaname has become the new parent and has told Zero and Yuki to be together. Kaien Cross has decided...
19.1K 493 11
Zero Kiryu and Yuki Cross from vampire knight spend their days at cross academy as the disiplinary committee guardians making sure the day class does...
5K 208 13
You don't know how you got here or why you are Yuki Cross. This anime that seems to be more and more like an actual reality. One that is so vastly di...