O n e

I happily smiled at the little girl who stood in front of me. "Miss, are these pets for free?" The little girl shyly asked. I nodded and looked at the kittens in the small box.

"Yes, they are. You could take them home and take care of them!"

The little girl turned around with a big grin and shouted, "Mother, can we have pets?" And soon enough the kittens were gone. I looked up at the orange sky.

"Already sunset?" I murmured to myself. I patted off the dirt on my clothes and sighed. I lived in the alleyway. I'm homeless, obviously. My shelter is made of cardboard. Nice, right? I yelped feeling water on my face. Drip! Drop! SHHHHHHHHSSSSTTTTT!!! I groaned as the heavy rain drenched me. I shouldn't have traveled to this stupid town. I should've stayed at the town before. It was sunnier over there.

I quickly dashed under my awesome cardboard fort and covered my body in newspapers. What? Better than nothing right? As I hid under my fort, footsteps were clearly heard in the alleyway. My eyes widened. WHAT IF IT WAS A RAPIST? I clung tightly to myself.

The footsteps were coming closer, and closer, and closer, and closer, and then stopped IN FRONT OF MY AWESOME FORT. I held my breath. The shoes were black and neatly polished. Nice shoes. . . .

Then, there was some weird snarling and then BANG! I jumped, hitting my head on the ceiling---- cardboard ceiling. My eyes widened when the black shoes were pointed toward my fort and then. . . . "WHA- HEY! It's raining h--!" I stopped when I looked at the man. His eyes were red and he had long canine teeth----I mean fangs. His silver hair was pretty and there was blood stained on his clothes.

Okay, I'm freaked out. He's staring at me with red eyes. "N-nice contacts. Where'd you get them?" Silence. He took one step forward and in a flash I was pushed against the wall, his head buried in the crook of my neck. "W-WAIT! I'M ONLY 18 YEARS OLD! I CAN'T LOSE MY VIRGINITY, YET!" I whacked his head with my mighty knuckles, causing him to release me.

The silver-haired guy looked at me with wide eyes. Except his eyes. . .were a different color. It was a lavender color and they were fucking. BEAUTIFUL. I slapped myself. "R-rapist! I'm gonna call 911 on you! W-wait. The number doesn't exist in this town," I murmured. The man stared at me with wide eyes.

". . .Why aren't you running?" Whoa. Dayum. What a sexy voice. Ehehe. I blushed a little at my thoughts and then sighed to hide my embarrassment.

"I live here. I'm not leaving my. . .home," I replied. His gaze turned to my messed up cardboard fort. "And you ruined my fort. . . ."

". . .It's not safe here," he said. "You could get killed." He opened up an umbrella and held it out to me.

I stared at him and grinned. "Thanks mister. No one has ever done this before," I thanked, grabbing the handle of the umbrella. What a nice man. . . .

"You live here. . .?" He questioned looking around in the alley. I nodded sadly. "I'll take you somewhere."

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. ". . .And where is this location, mister?" He glared at me.

"This is a chance for you to actually find shelter, so if I were you, I'd take the chance."

I shuddered at his glare. "B-but, y'know you might be a rapist. . . ," I meekily said. I could tell from his expression he was getting irritated. I abruptly gave in with a sigh and followed the mysterious man. Funny how he attacked me and now he's taking me to find shelter somewhere.

-Few minutes later-

"Whoa. That's a huge mansion," I gaped at the mansion.

"It's a dorm," Mr. Grumpy bluntly corrected. I nodded.