1895 - sean & kaycee

By goneagainwiththewind

Forced into a marriage by their controlling parents, Sean and Kaycee have unwillingly learnt the harsh realit... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen

nine

687 37 20
By goneagainwiththewind

"Come in," Sean said after hearing two gentle knocks on his door in the early hour of the morning, just after he had woken up.

"Happy birthday." he hears Kaycee say as she walked into his room, holding some things."I wasn't sure if you be awake yet."

"Oh, I had forgotten. How did you know?" he queried

"You told me silly." she rolled her eyes, "May I?" she asked, nodding her head towards the side of his bed.

"Of course." he sat up straight and moved towards the middle of the bed as she sat facing him near the edge. He watched her fiddle and sit the things down. "What all this?" he asked reaching forward to a small box.

"Patience is a virtue, Sean. Wait." she scolded slapping his hand away. He rubbed the spot she hit and pouted like a toddler. Eventually, she had laid the few things out on his bed, grabbed one and looked up up him. "Here"

"What is it?" he took the small box out of her hand.

"Open it." she encouraged, a nervous smile on her face as she watched him.

"Cufflinks." he widely smiled, "Thank you, Kaycee."

"Look closer," she said. He was confused but did as she said, they were short gold bars, not much to see. He ran his finger across the top of one and felt it wasn't flat as he originally thought. He turned them towards the light, seeing what looked like writing embedded into the top on them. But it wasn't writing, it was a date.

"It says the 26th of October 1895, the day we got married."she shyly said "I'm sorry it small but I wanted to get the whole thing in and you probably think it's stupid-"

"-it's perfect." he interrupted, sending a thankful gaze her way. "How did you think of something like this?"

"When I was with the girls last week. I said I needed to get you something and they helped me find these. Bailey chose them, but I got them engraved."

"Well, thank you, Kaycee. They're the nicest I've ever seen." he smiled closing the box and setting it on his nightstand.

"Also I made you these." she picked up a plate and held it out to him. "Well, Agnes had to help me, but I did as much as I could."

"You baked me tarts?"

"There apple tarts, the recipe is from England. It's supposed to be the most delicious recipe ever." she said proudly. "but don't eat it now. Come downstairs once you've dressed, okay?" she said, taking the plate back out of his hand and rushing out the room. He laughed at her but listen and got out of bed. 

Following her orders, he put some more formal clothes and made his way downstairs. He heard shuffling noises from the dining room so he followed the noise. He saw Kaycee in there, catching her eye as he walked in.

"Surprise!" she said, "I made you breakfast too."

"Kaycee, this is too much." he walked over and sat down at the table.

"No, it isn't. It's your birthday and you deserve something nice." she smiled and sat too "But unsurprisingly I had to get help."

"The thought was yours and that's what counts." he laughed

"Oh! I almost forgot." she stood up and grabbed something off of a smaller table in the corner. "These are from your sisters and your mother sent a letter saying she plans to visit today."

"Thank you" he took the two letters out of her hand, opening the first one as he took a bite out of the meal set in front of him.

"What do they say?" she asked curiously.

"I think my nephews wrote this, the handwriting all messy and it been signed by Ollie and Mathew before Sarah and her husband." he laughed

"What about the other one?" she asked giggling along with him.

"I think Serris wrote this one, it's hard to tell, her and Leone have such similar handwriting, but it does say that they want to visit." her heart warmed at the way he spoke of his family so lovingly.

"Do write to them and say they are free to come whenever they would like Sean. We have space for them."

"I will," he said, putting the paper down and tucking into his meal, her following.

"Good morning. Happy birthday, Mr Lew." Agnes said, walking into the room shortly after the pair had finished.

"Fine morning indeed and thank you," Sean said looking towards the woman.

"Listen I know this is a little unexpected, but my daughter has been staying with a woman across the street from us whenever I come to work for a while now, but recently she moved away. I was wondering if you would mind if I bring her with me here. She only five, she wouldn't be a trouble, she can help me do the washing and such. If not I understand-"

"-it's alright Agnes." Kaycee interrupted "We don't mind at all. Having someone younger in the house might liven everything up. Right, Sean?"

"Of course." he smiled kindly

"Thank the lord because-"

"Manan! Manan!" a small child cam bounding into their dining room, holding a small yellow ribbon in her hand. "Regarde ce que j'ai trouvé."("Mama, Mama. Look at what I have found!")

"Eloane, Je t'ai dit de rester dans la cuisine." (Eloane, I told you to stay in the kitchen.") the older woman scolded, ripping the child smile off her face. Snatching the ribbon out of her hand "I'm sorry, I told her to stay in the kitchen and not TOUCH ANYTHING. This must be yours, Caitlin."

Though shocked, both Sean and Kaycee had sad smiles on their faces at the tears welling up in the child's face. Sean looked at Kaycee almost as if he was going to do something, but Kaycee got there before him.

"It is mine but I don't use it anymore, it must have got stuck on something and carried downstairs. Not to worry about." Kaycee said to Agnes before turning to the little girl. "voudriez-vous l'avoir, eloane" (Would you like to have it, Eloane.) She spoke surprising Sean.

"puis-je? S'il vous plaît." (Can I? Please.") she pleaded, wide eyed.

"English, Eloane."

"But she speaks french." the child stated, confused at her mother's request.

"Its quite alright, Agnes."Kaycee giggled. "What was the point in learning french if I never use it. Turn around."

Eloane followed the older girls orders and turned her back to Kaycee, feeling her tie the ribbon into a small bow with the top part of her hair.

"It's her father's tongue, we speak it around the house," Agnes explained.

"Thank you!" Eloane said to Kaycee, grinning as she jumped around a bit.

"Thank you, Caitlin, we'll let you get back to your meal and we'll get back to work."

"Bye-Bye, pretty lady," Eloane said, her red-faced mother dragging her by the arm out of the room.

"Shes going be interesting, isn't she?" Sean said

"I'm sure she will be." Kaycee agreed. "Hows my cooking?"

"Oh, MUCH better than mine."

"Oh shush. I tried my best."

"I'm just joking Kaycee, it's amazing. Thank you." he picked u her hand and brought it up to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on the back of it.

"Mother, Father, its good to see you," Sean said, welcoming them into the house.

"My son. How are you?" His mother asked pulling him into a hug.

"I'm doing just fine, thank you."He said, pulling out of the hug and leading them to the living room.

He sat them down as Kaycee came into the room, quickly followed by Agnes, who placed a tray of tea on a table and left. Knowing from living with her parents, Kaycee quickly walked over and began preparing the tea for their guests. She watched Sean open his mouth as if to protest, but quickly brushed him off before any noise could be made.

"I trust the two of you have settled in well?" Sean's mother asked

"Indeed we have, mother." The boy replied. Kaycee stayed quiet as she gave the cups to the adults, then Sean and sat down on an armchair with her cup sitting close by, allowing the boy to talk with them.

"Good, and you work? That's going well too?"

"It's great, everything is fine." Sean smiled at his Mother. Agnes walked in again, this time holding a tray filled with pastries for the group. The younger two gave the woman an appreciative look as she walked out.

"Caitlin, would you be a dear and get some of those for my wife and I." Sean's father asked, almost demandingly. Kaycee saw Sean's nostrils flare and eyebrows knot and his father words but she didn't say anything to him.

"Of course, Mr Lew." Kaycee got up from her seat, and made her way over to the food, grabbing a small china plate and filling it for them, she handed it over to the two, faux smiling as she did. She got another plate and did the same for Sean, giving it to him too and then sat down herself. However, she was bearly able to take a breath before Mr Lew piped up again.

"Ah, my tea has gone tepid," he said, placing his cup down in a repugnant manner. He looked at Kaycee in an almost expecting manner, which she quickly picked up on. Sean balled his hands into fists.

"I'll have a new pot put on, Mr Lew." she got up once again, heading for the door. As she passed Sean on the way out, as discretely as she could, brushed her fingers against his hand in hopes it might clam him down. She saw him look up at her releasing a breath.

"What are you doing here Caitlin, do you need something? I will get it for you." Agnes said as soon as she saw Kaycee entering the kitchen.

"No, Agnes. Mr Lew wants new tea, I thought I might as well make it." she sighed

"What's wrong?" she elder woman asked, pulling the kettle on before the girl could do so. "Come on, I can see it in your eyes."

"I forgot. Charles is so kind and forgiving, I forget how ignorant some people can be. It was the same with my parents. They were always so controlling and demanding towards me and our staff. It's simply ridiculous. We're all people, we all deserve at least a little respect."

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid that's just how it is. None the less, your boy's a diamond in the rough, dear."

"Indeed he is." she smiled to herself.

"Come on now, the teas ready." she ushered the girl out of the room, tea in hand.

Upon entering, Kaycee saw the boy and his parents in seemingly friendly conversation. She sorted the tea and sat herself down, listening in.

"and you understand, your marriage had been the most important to our family for many years." the boy's mother spoke. 

"I do mother."

"Then you must understand that it is your job to keep our businesses going, our legacy."

"Yes, mother."

"Your nephews from your sisters and Caitlins sibling will be a part of our company forever now, but your part is needed too. There's no point in faffing around." his father joined

"Father I don't think this conversation is very appropriate," Sean said, to Kaycee's confusion.

"It doesn't matter how 'appropriate' it is, son, this is important for you to understand."

"I do understand, father."

"Well then, you also understand that there was no point in the two of you getting married at this age if you don't have children soon." Kaycee when pale as soon as she understood what was going on. Sean father got up and began walking slowing around the room "We would have waited for a while if we wanted the two of you to dilly-dally around the idea of it."

"Father, we just got married and Caitlin is scarcely 18. We bearly know each other."

"It was the same for your mother and I, we did not complain like unmannered children. We understood our parents and respected their wishes. The company needs generations for it to be passed down onto, otherwise, all our hard-earned money will become pointless"

"There is more to life than money, Father, and there's more to a marriage than having children," Sean said, trying to keep a calm exterior

"What kind of a man are you if you don't understand that this girl is useless to us if she doesn't do her part to keep her business alive." His father spat. Sean balled his fists once more. He could deal with their ridiculous persistence for having grandchildren but calling Kaycee useless had gone far further than crossing the line.

"'This girl' has a name that you know and can call her by. Caitlin is far from 'useless' and it is not her 'part' to have children, don't belittle my wife like that." Sean got up from his seat, walking over to his father. Kaycee sat shocked looking at him as he stormed across the room. Sean mother piped up again.

"Sean, darling, I think your Father meant-"

"- don't mother. I know exactly what he meant, there's no point in trying to defend him. If you think I'm going to let him do down me or Caitlin, your wrong. Especially not in my own house."

"Its reality boy, at some point you going to have to face it." he father said, not going in, an evil smirk on his face.

"Go." the boy said, looking directly into his father eyes, his voice low and deep. "Get out of my house, right now."

The boy's father, took a step closer to Sean harshly blowing air through this nose. Kaycee gripped the arm of the chair, fear overwhelming her, only for the man to brush past the boy.

"Come. If your son wants us out this house, then we shall leave." not waiting for her response, he stormed out.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." his mother said hearing her husband yelling 'Come along' now louder than before

"Its fine mother. I'll write to you." he kept a natural expression leading her to the front door

He slumped himself onto the couch once he had got back into the room, sighing. His eyes shinned.

"I'm sorry Sean. I should have said something. it was all happening so fast."

"That is not your fault Kaycee."Sean looked up at her. She pushed herself off the armchair and sat on the couch next to him. "I'm sorry about them, they're so stuck in their ways."

"It seems to be how all adults are."

"My father just doesn't know where to stop. He disrespectful and wrong, you're not useless in any way."

"and you are a man in every way." she looked at him, their eyes connected and they both smiled sadly. She shuffled closer to him and leant her head down to meet his shoulder, wrapping her arms around one of his. He shut his eyes and squeezed her hand warmly, letting his head fall onto hers. 

-

hi, i hated my french teacher and never paid attention so it's been google translated. Please correct it in the comments if any of it is wrong.

sean posted a new vid with josh today. it was very good.

also, SCHOOL. 

and that's it. Hope you all had a great week, and please comment because it's the only time I talk to people now. love yall <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.4K 1.8K 11
only exhaustion and it's heavy hand could restrain sean lew into the depths of sleep, and now sean was thinking kaycee rice could too. and as time p...
6.5K 332 44
[It Takes Two] series *can be read as a standalone " they are like molecules with van der waals forces of attraction and they will always be covalen...
277K 7.3K 43
Here are short stories featuring Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice. I'm so proud of these kids, and what they are about to be years from now, and I can't help...
30.4K 1.7K 33
'Closer to happiness than I've ever been' Kaycee Rice-single Mom to Kayden Rice, lives her life as she tries to balance the weight of her own life an...