Saviours (Daryl Dixon)

By garbagebag360

Her name was thea wenneck. Once the dead start walking she uses this to an advantage and begins running. One... More

1. Promise
2.Closer
3.Wake up
4.Care?
5.A flame
6.The stash
7.Parting glass
8.They know!?
9.Ankle bitter
10. Death
11. Gone
12. Governor
13: Ghost
14. Car accident
15. New friends
17. The end thats begun
18. Old friends new stories
19. Gabriel
20. Drugs
21. Dawn
22. Depression
23. Alexandria
24. New job
25. Long needed talk
26. Protection
27.Back to sisters
28. Goodbye old friend
29. New community
30. Insecure
31. Concussions and crossbows
32. Negan
33. Were on easy street
34. Home at last
35. The kingdom
36. The eve of war
37. Memories
38: Oceanside
39. A tease
40. Two new comers
41. The broken promise
42. Dwights loyalty
43. Gagging
44. Emotional muppet
45. New life
46: The motherload
47: Rings
48: Silence
49: The alpha
50: End of the line
Small scenes from Daryls side

16. Sickness

933 9 0
By garbagebag360

"Do you think these will be useful?" I ask picking up kitchen knives in packs.
"Forget I asked" i say throwing 3 packs of them in my bag.

"You alright?" Daryl asks with his accent still thick.
"Yeah why'd you ask?"
"You just seem a bit down since we came in"
"Nah I'm fine just thinking" I say picking up a comic for Carl.
"What about?" Daryl asks standing infront of me to stop me from moving.
"What I'd be doing now if the apocalypse didn't happen" I say looking down.
"And what da ya see?" He asks taking my hands.

"Well I'm lonely, still got my sister but she's crying. Probably in the closet or out make money for my dad... where would you be?" I ask him looking up to his eyes.
"Following my drunk ass brother around like some lost puppy" he says easily and I nod.
"Well I guess we were both better off. Now we have a place, friends and each other"
"Couldn't have said dat better-" he's cut of by a massive bang and shattering glass.
"For gods sake" I whisper running over with Daryl by my side.

"Hey you alright?" I ask as Daryl starts moving the shelf.
"Yeah fine, not cut but my legs stuck" bob says before another bang rings out and I see a walker dangling from the roof.
"Their on the roof!" Glenn shouts killing other that fall though.

"Thea kill them!" Michonne demands and I shot one though the roof.
"Alright let's move!" Daryl demands grabbing my arm as I realise bobs out.
As we begin to move another scream comes from zach.
"Oh no" I whisper as Daryl continues to pull me out of the collapsing building  with the group.
"Hey ya alright?" Daryl asks me scanning my body.
"Yeah let's just go home" I say getting in his bike and watch him jump on.

After the ride back I decided to help carol make dinner and hang out with lucky in the field til nightfall.
"Come on girl, let's go in before it gets cold" I say standing up form my cozy patch of grass and making my way up to the cell block.
As I enter I notice Daryl talking to beth. I assume he's telling her about zach before she hugs him and he hugs back.

I feel a wave of jealousy blow over me till I remembered who these people are and that they would never do that.
I make my way up to my room and notice Daryl look at me in the corner of my eye.
When I get to the top of the stairs I whistle lucky up after she decided to stare out the door.
"Night" I wave down to Daryl and Beth before jumping into bed.

"Ya alright?" He asks shuffling into the side of me.
"Yeah" I sigh turning around to hold him.
"But I can tell your not so please speak your mind" i beg after glancing the look on his face.
"She didn't even cry for him. I don't know maybe she's grieving differently now" he says stroking my hair.
"Maybe she's just done with all the bullshit" I say wrapping my arm around his waist as he does the same and I fall asleep Carmly.

I wake up early and decide to go and clear the fence before the 'fence team' as rick calls it, wakes up.
I wave to rick and Carl in the pig cage as they finally make it down for their morning shifts.
I use a crow bar jabbing then though the fence carful not to spray blood all over myself again.

I stand still as gun shots are fired in the prison. Instantly I drop my work and begin running as rick shouts at Carl to stay down by the fence. I didn't take long to catch up with him and then some of the group as we made it to cell block D.
It's over run with walkers. I grab a little girl and hid her behind me as a walker tries to scratch her.

I stab him and lock her in a room for safety while I help the others finish the rest.
"No bites must be some sort of a virus" rick explains to me as he walks out the room with a dead body and the group.
"Just what we need" I whisper rubbing my face.

"Thea. You go on fence duty, stay near the left side though don't need to risk anyone else getting sick" rick explains before calling a meeting.

I spend the rest of the day poking walkers though the fence till I'm finally done and head up top for dinner.
"Hey carol" I say grabbing a bowl.
"Hey thea... is something wrong?" She asks after a second of watching me scan the crowd.
"No do you know where Daryl is?" I ask putting my bowl down.

"He's in a meeting, why?"
"Just wondering. I'm just gonna go to bed" I tell her walking off before spotting the two girls that were also in the picture.
"Lizzy come here!" I shout and the little girl runs over.
"Do you like dogs?" I ask her and she eagerly nods.

"Then why were you upset when we first met?" I ask her and she looks down.
"I don't like you"
"What why?" I ask confused.
"People like you pretend their strong when their not. You end up dragging people down when you die and I don't wanna be one of them" she says before running off.

I sit on my bed petting lucky til I feel a tickle in the back of my throat.
I start coughing after a minute and feel a hand on my back helping to get it over with.
"Ya sick" he states Carmly but a panic spreads in his eyes.
"No I'm just tired"

"I know carol told me. I'm going out to get medicine for the Illness, you need to get to cell block E so hershel can care for ya" he says helping me up.
"Babe it can wait" I say feeling dizzy.
"Nah this sickness kills Thea. It's can't wait" he says dragging me alone.
"I think your right" I say as my body drops.
"Shit" is the last thing I hear.

"Hey you okay?" I hear Mika ask as I wake up.
"Yeah what happened?"
"You've got the sickness" she explains as I notice her standing outside my locked door.
"Oh where's Daryl?" I ask sitting up only to go into a coughing fit.
"He went to get medicine. He was pretty determined" she says smiling.
"Heh sounds like him" I giggle before leaning of the bed and spitting out blood.

"Let's hope he's back soon" I say falling off and leaning against the wall.
"Carols been teaching me to read and I thought I could come read to you" Mika says grabbing a small book titled exstinction trials out.
Slowly she brings reading the book explaining the dinosaurs and showing me the small map of the island.
Saying that I feel like death itself would be an understatement at the minute.
As she read I felt blood trickling down my mouth but didn't pay attention to it, till my body gave into the motion of sleepiness.

"Hey! She's waking up!" I hear the southern accent as my eyes weight heavy.
Slowly I open them and feel the ruff hands of Daryl's rub against my cheek.
"Hey" I whisper in a choke and start coughing again.
"Don't speak. Doctors orders" he says Carmly as he rubs my hand.
"I take it your mission was a success" I joke and Daryl scrunch's up his face.
"Did you not hear me? And yeah it was... you wouldn't be here if it wasn't" he says looking down.
"What a shame that would be" I say sarcastically and watch daryl growl in anger of my words.

"Don't ever say that" he huffs rubbing his eyes.
"Come here" I say patting my bed. He jumps over onto the mattress and cuddles in ready to sleep.
"I was so worried" he whispers into my ear.
"I'm sorry" I whisper curling into his chest.
"Ain't your fault, as long as your safe" he whispers as I fall asleep.

(3 days later)
I lay in the same place I have for days.
Usually I hate bed rest but that sickness and medicine really tired me out.
"Hey Thea, how you feeling?" Carl asks walking in.
"Less dead" I joke picking up my bow.
"Dad was wondering if you feel well enough for fence duty" he says smiling.
"Yeah I should be" I reply getting up and walking with him to breakfast.

"Morning" I say smiling. The man hands me a bowl.
"Morning, good to see your up again" he says smiling.
"Thanks I'm thea" I introduce myself.
"I know you famous in the kitchen, names harvey" he introduces. I shake his hand and turn to eat.
"Do you know where carol is?" I ask after a minute of searching the crowd.
"Don't you know? Rumour is she got kicked out for something" he explains I look down at Carl and see the same panic on his face.
"Let's go ask your dad" I say placing my bowl down and running down to the field.

"Hey rick!" I shout grabbing his attention.
"Hey thea, Carl" he shouts back as we get to the fence.
"Do you know where carol is?" I ask bluntly.
"Daryl hasn't told you?" He asks and I shake my head.
"She killed karen and David, I had to kick her out"he says sadly.
"I understand" Carl says quietly.
"Could have let me say goodbye" I say looking down as tears fall.

"Thea, please don't cry-"
"No you don't get a say in that. She was like a mom to me and she gone and probably dead I couldn't say goodbye" I snap at him. He stares in shock before looking down.
"I'm sorry, but she has supplies weapons and a car. She's a survivor I'm sure she's fine" he reassured me as I wiped my face.
"I need to get out of here" I whisper walking up to the prison.

I snuck back to my room and opened my old bag to reveal 2 bottles of vodka.
I throw the bag on my back and went to my room. I lock the door and made my way out the window before sitting under the window and opening my first bottle.
Normally I'm not a drinker but I feel this time it's needed for all the lose we have endured in the last year.

I get though the first bottle pretty easy and don't feel much considering I'm sitting down.
I hear shuffling behind me as someone jumps out the window. I don't pay any attention to them til my bottle snatched from my hand.
"Hey!" I say turning to Daryl.
"Share" he says simply taking a big swig of it.
"Guess you need it as much as I do" I joke as my head rolls back.
"Yeah I guessing rick told ya then" he says looking over to me.
"Yeah why didn't you tell me?"
"Cause I only just found out and I didn't Know how ta" he explains drinking again before I steal the bottle back.

"Ooiiii" he moans as I take a swig.
"Here you can have it now. I'm going to bed" I say trying to stand up and loose balance.
"Alright I'm coming" he says standing up more steadily and helping me stand.
"How much ya had?"
"A bottle and a bit. I know I'm a light weight" I laugh as the world spins.
"You know what? I'm sleep out here tonight" I say lying back down.
Daryl snorts and joins me as we watch the sky change colours.

"I'm gonna go on a run tomorrow" I say simply as darkness over took the sky.
"You going to look for carol?"
"Yeah and we need some more nappies for lil asskicker" I say smiling.
"I'll come with ya" he says grabbing my hand.
"Nah I'll be fine, I won't go to far besides rick will need you here to help with the fence" I say squeezing his hand.
"Fine but ya promise ta stay safe alright"
"Alright"
"Good" he whisper as I go to sleep.

"Babe wake up I've gotta go" I moan after a minute of trying to break out his hold.
"I don't like it"
"What?"
"I don't like ya going out by yourself" he states letting go slowly.
"I know but I'll be back before dark" I say putting my bow on my back and attaching my quiver.
"Nah Ya don't. Anything could happen out their" he says standing up and holding my wrist lightly.
"And anything could happen here daryl, no where's safe" I tell him before kissing his cheek.

"Remember your promise" he reminds me as we walk to the fence.
"I'll be home soon" I tell him as he leans down for a soft kiss.
We break apart in seconds and he nods for me to talk to rick before I leave.
I wave to him as I walk down the field towards the gate.

"Hey rick! I'm heading out!" I shout over to him as he makes his way up to me next to the gate.
"Where you going?" He asks stopping glenn from opening the gate.
"I'm to town get Judith some nappies and have a quick look for carol" I say looking down.
"Alright dose Daryl know your going out?"
"Yeah I told him last night, he's not very happy about it" I say pointing at the redneck at the top of the field. He stands deadly still with his arms crossed.
"Alright be back before dark" he says as I hop on my new dirt bike and drive out the prison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.2K 27
"So you're a witch?" "I prefer Sorceress , but yes." I don't own Teen Wolf in any way shape or form. Teen Wolf AU Season 4, 5a, 5b, 6a
1.2K 71 41
๐™ก๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™–๐™™๐™Ÿ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š; ๐™š๐™ก๐™–๐™—๐™ค๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™. Everything was going as per her usual life...
80.3K 1.9K 15
in which a girl and a boy are dating and everyone thinks there picture perfect , but no one knows what happens behind close doors . or "Man what are...
2.3M 120K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...