Altered

By Phaereedarh_

Two complete opposites but from the same world meet at a point. Relive Nazneen Umar Bahzad's and Khalil shei... More

Copyright©
Characters
Chapter One👑
Chapter two👑
Chapter three👑
chapter five👑
chapter six👑
Chapter seven👑
chapter eight👑.
Chapter nine👑
chapter ten👑
Chapter eleven 👑
Chapter twelve 👑
Chapter thirteen 👑
Chapter fourteen 👑
Chapter fifteen 👑
Chapter sixteen👑
chapter seventeen 👑
Chapter Eighteen 👑

chapter four 👑

56 16 2
By Phaereedarh_

Not much happened ever since they left Kano four days ago. Everything went on normally except the dinner they had at the Al-farsis.

Nazneen didn't understand why but she felt like her life was going too slow for her own liking.

Of course she loved her life, she had loving parents who gave her anything she wanted right from childhood, a best friend and not very loving extended family which was only normal, but she felt a void in her life, like she was meant to remember something and yet she couldn't.

"Earth to Nazneen" Yusrah called her out from her trance "are you alright?, you don't look so good"

And for their little tiff that happened in Kano, they got over it and she made Yusrah promise that she'll never force her to go put against her wish.

"I'm fine, I guess I just spaced out a little"

Both of them were in Yusrah's car at the parking lot of the Dunes center shopping mall. She literally dragged Nazneen out of her little hidey–hole of a room to come shopping. She believed that her cousin needed to get some fresh air and shopping was a good way to start.

Yusrah rolled her eyes and shifted the car gear to park "Yeah, I noticed that in you lately, do you wanna talk about it?

Nazneen shook her head"Not now, maybe later but not now"

"Okay" she shrugged "you know how we do this ..."

She cut her short "Yes Yusrah, I know how it is, I go to the bookstore and you go to the boutique and then we meet at the cafeteria in an hour. This isn't the first time you are bringing me to the mall against my wish"

Yusrah chuckled and effortlessly slid out of her Audi. Nazneen followed suit and she locked the doors.

Yusrah didn't bother waiting for her and advanced straight into the mall. Nazneen smiled and went in too but took a different direction to a bookstore.

She fancied novels a lot especially billionaire, CEO and romance novels. Whenever she came for books,she bought a lot of them. She picked out must love the play boy, billionaire bachelor and the escape room amongst many others.

When she was done she went to the counter to pay for her stuffs. She stretched her credit card to the saleswoman, another hand beat her to it. She turned around on instinct.

"Farhad?" She was confused, why was he there, and especially at the mall.

"Hey, I never thought I'll find you here"

"Uhm, Yusrah and I came here but..."

"She's at the boutique, I know. Actually she was the one that told me that you'll be here"

She smiled and turned back to the saleswoman who was smiling cheekily at them.

"Let me pay for you"

"No thanks, I'm here with my credit card"

"I know but still, let me do the honors"

"I'm fine Farhad, really, I can handle myself"

"Okay, how about this, I pay for it this time and maybe next time you can treat me to dinner"

"That'll be nice" she said moving a little to give more space for him. She caught the saleswoman ogling at him,not she could blame her though, Farhad's looks was to die for.

"Thanks Farhad" she said collecting the bag from the saleswoman checking Farhad out and giving him flirtatious smiles.

"Let's go?" It was more of a question than statement.

"I'm not going home now,I'm supposed to meet Yusrah at the cafeteria before we go home together later"

"I know that Nazneen"

It was at the tip of her tongue to ask him how he knows but she just nodded and went with the followed him.

It was a silent walk to where Yusrah and she was grateful for that. She kept her eyes on the ground suddenly finding interest on the tiles but at the same time stealing glances from him.

He had on a suave dark blue turtleneck top and black denim jeans and with black Air Jordan sneakers, his hair was gelled backwards but a bit messy as if he just ran his hand through it making look very dashing as usual.

When they got to the cafeteria, they met Yusrah at the rare end of the room next to the floor to ceiling window overlooking the busy streets of Abuja. They walked towards her.

"You're seven minutes late Naz"

"Sorry, she was with me" Farhad answered for her.

"I can see that and you" she pointed at Nazneen "you have a lot of explaining to do"she whispered.

They sat at the at the round table with a small box of smoked barbeque pizza that was barely touched but was slightly opened.

"I didn't know what you liked so I just ordered what me and Naz usually ordered" she said to Farhad.

"I don't mind"

"Of course you don't" she muttered under her breath but they all heard her.

Nazneen kicked her in the shin from under the table and gave her the 'please behave' look.

They ordered their drinks which was a tall glass of coke for Yusrah, mineral water for Farhad and pineapple and lemon smoothie for Nazneen and extra plate of potato fries with ketchup on top.

"What are you doing here anyway Farhad, I thought you worked as a prosecutor in Kano" Yusrah asked sipping her drink.

He raised an eyebrow at her and threw a fry in his mouth"What? Aren't you happy to see me?" she gave him a passive look "Alright, jokes apart, I'm here for a court case that has been postponed to next week Thursday"

"Don't mind me asking, but what case are you prosecuting" Nazneen chimed in.

"Wow!" He exclaimed "so you talk"

She ducked her hand on the table playing with the fry in her hand.

"Domestic abuse and assault" he answered. It was a confidential information at office but he was ready to take the risk.

"For God's sake" Yusrah cried out "we are not onworking days and you are talking about work not that I blame you though you guys are nerds"

Farhad chuckled while Nazneen just took a loud sip from her smoothie. They talked about everything and nothing even if it was only Yusrah and Farhad that did most of the talking.

Meanwhile, Zulfa and Minaal just finished doing a wardrobe haul and were danishes. They decided to come to the cafeteria to order some food and drinks on the go when Zulfa spotted Nazneen.

While Minaal was doing the ordering, she went toward were Nazneen's table. Nazneen saw her coming and hid her face behind the menu books on the table.

"Everyone can see you Naz even if I don't get why you're hiding" Yusrah said.

"You won't understand"

Farhad looked behind him and guessed that she knew the girl that was coming their way. He dared to let out a chortle before turning back to Nazneen "you know her don't you?"

"Who?" Yusrah asked being the only clueless one among them.

"Kinda ,sort of. She's Zulfa Al-farsi"

At the mention of her name, Yusrah eyes bulged out of their sockets. She began to stutter and the speck of pepperoni at edge of her mouth that has been there for a while but she chose to ignore  became more apparent "you're joking right"

The cafeteria was large and since they sat at this rear end of the room and her careful strides to where they were sitting, it took a while.

"I'm not. Turns out her father and Abba were best friends and roommate back in Harvard"

"That's uhm... Well that's nice" Farhad shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't think you know who she is?"

"I do and I don't get why it's a big deal to you"

"The Al-farsis are the number one in the country plus she has a cute brother that is too die for"

Nazneen shook her head at her words. Obviously, Farhad was better looking but what did she know,it's not as if she has taking her time to take a good look at him.

"Geez, Yusrah. At least filter your words before you say it,aren't you already engaged"

"Soon to be engaged" she corrected"shhh shhh shhh... She's coming"

"Hey Nazneen, it's nice bump into you here"

She drew a large draw of her smoothie "Hi Zulfa"

Yusrah nudged Nazneen's arm"aren't you going to introduce us Naz"

"Oh right, Zulfa this are my cousins Yusrah and Farhad" she introduced "Farhad, Yusrah meet Zulfa Al-farsi"

"Drop the surname Nazneen, it isn't that special but anyways it's nice to meet you all" she shook Yusrah hand but simply waved at Farhad "I would love to sit and talk but I can feel her burning stares at my back"

"Don't worry, maybe next time" Yusrah said shaking her hand one last time.

She cheerfully waved at them before turning her heels and strut towards Minaal.

"I love her kimono guys,it's the limited edition velvet kimono by Zara" Yusrah cried out.

Farhad arched an eyebrow"So?"

She ignored him and continued her rant "and her handbag, oh my gosh,it's the Hermes Himalaya Kelly birkin bag and her heels, ya Allah, I'll do anything to own those heels"

"You done?" Farhad asked.

"Not yet" she snapped slightly "she's so pretty and nice and jovial"

Nazneen was already tired about Yusrah's unnecessary rants"Excuse me"

"Where are you going?" Yusrah asked.

"I need to use the restroom" she replied and went away without a word.

After doing her business she washed her hands and kept staring at herself on the mirror. She smoothed any possible crease on her face even if they weren't any.

She wasn't in the mood anymore to go back to the cafeteria. She reminded herself that her and Farhad were cousins and he was too good for radio. She washed her face afterwards then dried it with her hand towel in her bag and went back to the cafeteria.

They were already done with their pizza and it was only a few pieces of fries left. They were already done with their drinks and Nazneen sow no reason why they should still stay.

"Yusrah, can we go now?"

"Yeah,you and Farhad can leave first, Ridwan is coming to meet me here"

As unfair as it sounded, she just didn't care anymore, she was already tired. Farhad stood up and picked his phone from the table. Nazneen stood up too and picked up her bag before they left the cafeteria with Farhad by her side.

Their ride home was in an awkward silence as the only sound that could be heard was the gentle music coming from his radio.

Farhad wasn't that kind of person that you could call an introvert and yet you can't call him an extrovert, he was somehow at the middle. He was neither shy nor was he outgoing and that was what Nazneen loved about him.

When they got to her house, he parked outside and they both alighted the car.

"Won't you come in,I'm sure Ummi and Abba would be glad to see you"

"As tempting as that offer is,I'll have to pass"

"Why?" She didn't know why but she just had to ask.

"I have to get back to my hotel and get sometimes done with"

"Okay" she said and turned around to go inside when he called her back.

"When will you treat me to that dinner?"

"I don't know, when do you suggest?"

"I noticed that you never reply directly but how about next Saturday"

"Saturday sounds nice, but today is what again?"

"Saturday" he replied taking his phone out of his pocket.

"OK then bye" she waved at him finally and disappeared into the house.

He smiled,entered his car and drove back to his hotel.

Quietly entered the house and removed her shoes at the foot of the stairs so as to avoid her mother's attention.

She snuck into her room and quietly shut the door. She slumped on her bed and hugged on of her pillows being happy with herself.

Her day went better than she expected and she was grateful for that.

Chapter four is up...

Who likes Farhad because I know I do ?

Anyway nothing much to say but please don't forget to

Vote
Comment
Share
And follow

Ciao adiós

Flawless diamond

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 6.8K 71
Two wives, one man. She thought she found the man to marry but what happens when she find out there's another wife in the house... *Fateema* *Khalil...
1.7M 159K 83
Highest ranking #1 WATTPAD FEATURED STORY. He walked past her without sparing her a single glance. The one glance she had been yearning for years now...
9.7K 2.1K 18
COPYRIGHT 2020. "Sometimes love waits for you and you don't even know" ~Naeemah Looks can be deceiving, instincts can't! Stuck...
18.1K 2.2K 29
Sit tight for Muhammad Aslam Shettima and Fatima Amna Omar's love story.