The Bestest of Them

By Saki-gem

A/N: Bestest- It's not a word. I meant for it to be a riff on "The Baddest" Y/N was a lonely child until he m... More

Lore Guide, Kinda (Revamped)
Y/N's Present Day Life (Revised)
The Concert (Revamped)
The Reunion
The Mall
A Little Closer
The Barista and the Shock
School
Contest
Realization?

Hello...and Goodbye (Revamped)

7.2K 108 56
By Saki-gem

A/N: I am back with the remade version! Wooooo. I do like this a little better. I changed the ages a bit, and now they're already friends. 

Y/N was a small child, small and frail. If Y/N was shipped overseas, he'd arrive with a fragile sticker placed on his body. However, while he might've been frail, Y/N was great at running. And now his skills were being put to the test against his main bully, Todd (A/N: sorry if your name is Todd, nothing against you, it's just a name).

Todd was a very violent kid. He was quick to anger, hard to please, and seemed to harbor a grudge against Y/N for whatever reason.

Y/N turned around a sharp corner and immediately dove for cover within a couple of bushes that surrounded a small clearing within the Ionian forest.

A couple of minutes passed until Todd walked into the middle of the clearing. "Come on out, shrimp! Let me pound you into dust!" he hollered.

Y/N's right eyebrow raised. 'Does he think I'm that stupid?' he thought to himself. He stayed quiet in hopes that Todd would get tired of waiting. Let it not be said that Y/N wasn't a patient child. However, the same could not be applied to Todd, who gave up looking around the clearing after a couple seconds.

"Dammit," Todd muttered to himself. "He must've run into the forest...whatever the monsters in there will eat him either way." Todd left, and Y/N sighed in relief, glad to finally be able to come out of the bushes that had scratched and torn at his skin.

Suddenly a mysterious figure decided to make itself known. "Heya!" said figured called out to Y/N, surprising him.

Y/N stumbled backward in shock before glaring at the person in front of him.

"Akali! I told you not to do that anymore," he growled out, glaring at his snickering friend. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Ah, I got tired of waiting for you so that we could meet up with the others," Akali replied. "I guess now I understand what took you so long." She glared in the direction Todd had gone.

"Ugh, please don't tell the other girls," Y/N begged.

"Why not Y/N?" Akali questioned. "Don't they deserve to know that you're being bullied?"

"They-they do, but I don't want to worry them with this. Todd isn't that big of a deal."

Akali raised an eyebrow, "Really? The dude's the size of a tank, and his fists are larger than your head. I think him wanting to beat your ass is a pretty big deal. Besides, you know we worry for you."

Before Y/N could issue out a response, a large screech interrupted their conversation. Heavy footsteps could be heard falling down upon the ground. The two kids dived into another bush, hoping that the monster would pass by. However, the creature stopped right in front of them. Its foot slamming into the ground, causing a small tremor. The kids hugged each other in terror as the monster's breathing got louder. It leaned down and turned its head, sniffing as it got closer to the bush. However, before it could get too close, Akali threw one of her kunai at the eye. Y/N and Akali burst out of the bush and began running as the creature stumbled around. They ran, hoping that they could escape the monster. However, unfortunately for the two, they ran into a dead end. The two children turned around, finally getting a good look at the creature.

"Holy..." Y/N trailed off, his eyes roving over the towering figure. His eyes passed over the large claws, roaming up the grey skin to the armored underbelly. Up the purple scales and moss on the back, up to the large glowing, narrowed eyes. "Shiiiiiit."

"It's a Scaled Snapper," Akali mumbled. "We need to get out of here before it kills us."

"Yeah, no crap," Y/N responded. "But how?"

"I...don't know."

"Great."

Suddenly, a figure rushed out from in between the legs of the creature. Seemingly straight from the shadows. It grabbed the two children and rushed them out from the area.

"Eve!" Y/N exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"We got tired of waiting," Evelynn explained. "So we split up to look for you two. And imagine my surprise when I round a corner and see you two had somehow managed to get trapped by a Scaled Snapper."

"Sorry," Y/N apologized.

"It's fine."

Evelynn continued to run with the two. Heavy footsteps could be heard in the background, with each second, the sound growing louder.

"Shit, how is this thing so fast?!" Evelynn grit her teeth and sped up. Akali and Y/N tried to speed up as well. However, they couldn't run as fast. The footsteps grew even louder. Suddenly, a bright blue orb flew by their head. A girl landed next to the trio, her hand outstretched. She looked at them; her fox ears twitched a bit before a smirk affixed itself on her face. "What's goin' on, guys?"

"Ahri!"

The girl, now identified as Ahri, fixed her attention back on the monster. A groaning noise emanated through the air as it stumbled back onto its feet.

"Jesus..." Akali drawled. "This thing just won't stop."

However, before it could fully get to its feet, a barrage of purple projectiles pummeled its head. The creature fell back, breathing in once before becoming still.

A purple-haired girl walked up to the group. "You guys okay?" She asked.

Ahri huffed. "Yeah, Kai'sa. We're fine. I could've taken it, though."

Kai'sa smirked. "I'm sure you could've. However, if we still wanted to go to the café, we need to hurry up. You know it takes longer for you to recharge your mana."

"Yeah, yeah."

The group walked away from the dead monster towards the café, jovially talking to each other, and acting stupid overall as all teenagers do. However, all good things cannot last.

--2 years later--

"YOU'RE WHAT!" A group of voices calls out; Kai'sa, Ahri, Evelynn, and Akali stared wide-eyed at Y/N.

"I'm moving. My dad said that he found a better job in Piltover, so we're moving to America." Y/N responded.

"But...but what about us?" Akali questioned. "Can't you change his mind?"

Y/N clenched his fists before letting out a shaky breath. "I asked him," Y/N explained. "And he isn't willing to stay here. I'm sorry, I don't think I can change his mind in time."

"When are you leaving?" Evelynn asked. "We should hang out one last time before then."

"I'm leaving tomorrow, sorry I couldn't tell you sooner, but I was just told today too."

"Let's go to the café!" Ahri blurted out. The groups' eyes became focused on her. "Let's go to the café!" She repeated. "We can all hang out where we always do."

"But don't we want to go somewhere special?" Kai'sa responded with a question. "We should make it memorable."

"No." Y/N once again spoke up. "Let's go to the café. It's not like this is the last time I'll see you girls. We all have each other's phone numbers. Think of this as a sort of...extended vacation. We'll all see each other again at some point."

"He's right." Akali pointed out. "It's not some fanfiction where we won't see each other for a decade. We can always meet up somewhere down the line."

Kai'sa pondered for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. "Alright," she said. "Let's go to the café then."

And like many times before, the group walked the familiar path to the café. However, now the group was quiet, slowly shuffling their feet. Because while they might've accepted the fact that they can always see their friend once more. It doesn't mean they have to be happy that he's leaving. A bell signified the door to the café being opened. One by one, they all entered, and the door closed behind them.

A/N: Our friends have now split with the promise to keep in touch. I wonder when they'll meet again?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 603 27
Specter, real name Y/N L/N, also known as Old Ghosty, or The Chameleon, or many other... shadowy names... was a former spy, special operations soldie...
30.8K 1.7K 17
If you could trade your life away for fame and fortune, would you do it? Could you love the spotlight shining on your face as it lights up your deepe...
273K 6.7K 67
Only matured rating due to explicit language use, but wholesome all around! :D ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖ Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, or Y/n Y/l/n, is the newly trans...
148K 2.6K 40
In a World created by the ever flow of Life and death, [Y/N] a 25 year old in a world of magical superpowers, cities of beauty and people of all uniq...