The Rest Of Us • Terrornoss

By NotBrannedBread

Do you ever wish to return to a time where everything made sense? A time where everything was normal. My worl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chaptet 52
Chapter 54
End
Sequal ;D??
Sequal Update!

Chapter 53

278 19 5
By NotBrannedBread

Evan
I sat patiently in the main infirmary room, the room empty of sounds. I was settled on one of the beds, my body jittery and my mind buzzing.

The procedure did go surprisingly smooth, that was until I gave up Brian to Jaren. I remained in the other room for some time until I lift my gaze as the door opens.

Jaren enters through, appearing tired but merry.

"How'd it go?" I questioned gingerly, watching him empty his gloves onto the floor and settle across from me on another mattress.

"He'll be just fine, he's just resting now," Jaren explains, fidgeting with his hands in his lap. "We should start packing now, we have to leave soon."

I weakly nodded, standing up to fetch Brian's gun bag and a few things from our temporary room.

We both met back at the infirmary, dumping our stuff to the walls. We played cards for a few hours until Jaren finally sighed. "I think I hear Kryoz, do you think you can get Brian up?"

I hummed and headed towards the door. The door was the entrance into Brians room. He was sat up in his bed, seemingly just woken up just a few moments ago.

My heart skips a beat when I see him. The half injured side of his face was supported with metal, wires and small cables, his missing eye now a red globe in its socket surrounded by the map of wires. His broken arm was replaced with a metal one, beams of metal and wires we're visible in the design with small wires sticking out.

His robotic eye gazed towards me blankly while his human one fills with fondness.

"Hey, Ev... You alright?"

I giggled gently. "I should be asking you that, goof."

He grinned brightly. "What do I look like?"

My brows furrow at his question but I snatch the metal tray from its rack and hand it to him. Brian inspects his reflection in the bright metal, touching his face with his fleshy arm while the other held the tray.

His eyes trail down to his robotic arm, he analyses every wire and circuit before gazing back to his reflection with a massive grin.

"Holy shit, I look like the fucking Terminator!"

I was taken back by his reaction, expecting an alternate response but glad he didn't find grief in his new features.

"Put the cookie down! Get to the chopper!"

Brian starts to declare catchphrases from an old movie in a low voice, laughing to himself. I giggled alongside him with a happy grin.

I ran a hand down his metal arm, obviously, he couldn't feel it. I rested my hand into his cold metallic palm, jumping when the fingers retract.

I peer up to see Brian softly smiling as he intertwined his metallic hand with mine. "Thank you, Evan."

I rest my head on his arm, hiding my heated face. "You're lucky that I love you."

"I love you too... you little mink."

"So I'm a mink now?"

"Mmm-hmm."

We rested there for a few moments longer before helping Brian to his feet. His legs were shaky from their lack of use but he seemed to be able to hold on until he was able to rest in the car.

I held on Brian's fleshy arm, feeling my exhaustion match his. I wasn't able to sleep these past few days, even after Jon's escape.

"You want some thyme leaves~?"

I shot my falling eyes open at Brian's mocking voice. I gently elbow him. "I just fought a maniac on the roof, stitched my own stab wound and successfully amputate an arm, so yeah, I want some fucking thyme leaves."

Brian laughed nervously, resting his face in my hair. "Thank you," He whispered calmly. "You're far stronger than I imagined."

I leaned into his gentle touch, breathing in his familiar woodsy scent and rested my eyes. I felt the car begin to move and drive out of its shed.

It was early morning, the sun hidden behind the clouds and the songs of birds just wakening. The car stopped momentarily to open the gate that connected to a long wire fence that enclosed the whole area of buildings.

Soon we headed down a bumpy hill before the tires reached smooth asphalt. I decided to use the time of the drive for a nap, closing my eyes fully.

I let the warmth of Brian's body slowly drive me to sleep.

-•-

I startled awake, feeling the leather seats of the car vanished and replaced with a icy wind.

"You okay?" Brian asked half amused.

I quickly realised we had finally arrived at the farm, Brian carrying me in his arms as we moved away from the car.

I rubbed my eyes, resting my head against Brian's chest. "You shouldn't be carrying me, you might tire your arm out."

Brian smirked. "I didn't want to wake you and my arm has never felt better."

Brian squeezed me closer as the harsh winds refused to stop and hurried to the porch of the farmhouse, Kyroz and Jaren in tow with hefty looking bags.

Before Brian could open the door, it rapidly swung open revealing an ecstatic Craig.

"You're back! You're really back!"

Craig's wide grin lessened as he examined Brian. Craig's eyes flashed with sympathy and confusion. "And you look... different."

"Ouch, well that's hurtful," Brian told jokingly earning a flustered response from Craig.

"N-No that not- it's just, Ah!" Craig quickly cleared his throat. "It's good to see you, come in, you guys look exhausted."

Brian nods and strides into the house.

"Still in one piece," I perceived Brian's murmur as he makes his way into the lounge and drops me on the old couch.

"There's also this small, little, teeny weeny addition you might've not noticed yet," Craig reported nervously, hiding behind the door frame.

Brian narrows his eyes at the male, his robotic eye flashing red. "And what could that be?"

Craig sighs sharply and I feel my body shudder at the face of Luke. I raised my brows as Tyler joined, standing beside his past leader.

"Tyler? You're okay-!"

My chirp of surprise was quickly cut off as Brian signalled me with a hand to zip it.

His eyes narrowed to the sight of Luke. They seemed to be speaking telepathically as they glared at each other.

The room was dead silent until Brian's scowl cut through the tension.

"Luke- I didn't think I'd have to see your stupid scarred face again."

"Looks like I'm not the only one scarred," Luke shot back before exhaling a breath. "But I'm not here out of resentment. Tyler and I wish to be part of your colony, we've already gotten an agreement from Craig but that won't matter without your say. You're the leader now."

Brian shot a glance to Craig who quickly hid behind the wall before gazing back to Luke.

"You want to join me-?!"

"I want your forgiveness-"

"Forgiveness?!" Brian continued to list before Luke raised his hand to speak. Brian reluctantly nodded.

"I'm sorry that I didn't listen before you left. You were right, the hoards did hit. It left me and Tyler without safety. I ask for you to at least take Tyler, send me off instead, it's me you hate."

Brian raised his brows, I was sure he wasn't used to seeing Luke this vulnerable. Luke glared at the floor, emotionless.

Brian took a glimpse at me before sighing. "Luke, I don't hate you... not fully at least," His voice was filled with emotion but he was very good at concealing any emotion showing on his face. "Everyone deserves safety, you are no different. Neither of you are."

Luke and Tyler glanced at each other, clearly surprised but joyous.

"But if you want to stay in my colony, you'll have to pull your weight and you either answer to me or Craig."

Craig peeked his head around the corner at the mention of his name. Craig now stood confidently in the door frame, his chest puffed with pride.

"And me bitch!" Craig was nudged aside by Marcel who barged in, the rest of the guys following to see what all the commotion was about.

Luke chuckled, a laugh I've never heard before and nodded. "Of course."

I squeak as Lui drops to my side, hugging me in a tight embrace before raising his head.

"I'm so glad you're back, Ev! Oh! We should have a banquet to celebrate your return!"

Brian smiled at the request. "That sounds great, let's get started."

I jumped up with Lui, having him lead me to the kitchen with Kryoz, David, Scotty, Brock and Ryan.

His small body puffs with authority as he points to David and Brock. "You two, I want you to collect today's milk and eggs, Scotty can collect the vedge from the garden and the rest of us can visit the town for some extra food."

The larger men all salute the smaller and everyone quickly runs to their assignments.
Kyroz took the rest of us to his car, however, I lagged behind to meet up with Brian.

Brian was setting the table with Tyler. He turns to me a happy grin. "Where you off too?"

"Quickly take a run to the town for some other food, could you possibly hunt? Some meat would be good if we're gonna have a big dinner."

Brian nods. "Okay, nerd."

I flinch as Brian lifted my chin up, a devious look glinting in his eyes. "Don't be too long~"

The way his voice curved with fervour, a desirable glint in his one blue eye caused a shudder to course up my spine.

I nodded softly, pecking his cheek and followed the others trail to the car, my mind still in a trance.

As I jump into the back seat, Ryan quirks a brow to me.

"You okay? You look like someone put bugs in your bed."

I frown at the weird saying before shaking my head, a wobbly smile struggling to stay on my face.

I ignored the thundering beating in my chest, my head swirling with Brian's seductive voice and calmly spoke. "I'm fine! I think... for now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 548 13
You know that one person in your life, the one who you hate more than anyone in the whole world? Doesn't it seem like no matter what you do, they alw...
26.8K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
178K 6.6K 27
↞↞↞♛↠↠↠ Everyone makes at least one mistake in their life; if you don't, you're not human. I just happen to be one of those people who make a lot of...
103K 5.5K 27
Seventeen-year-old Spencer has been waiting for this for a while now. Ever since he started watching a new TV show, he has been wanting an apocalypse...