Strangers to Us: Vol. 2

By AjKichu

Falling in love is easy but staying in love is difficult. After the crush, the chase and the confession, will... More

Chapter 1: The Lovers
Chapter 2: Insecurity
Chapter 3: Distant
Chapter 4: Contemplation
Chapter 5: The Dinner
Chapter 6: Irrationality
Chapter 7: Coming Out?
Chapter 9: Surprisingly Loud
Chapter 10: Confronting Past
Chapter 11: Clearance
Chapter 12: Convocation

Chapter 8: Inclusivity

1.6K 136 71
By AjKichu

"Next time, I'll introduce you to my parents.
Just give this poor man a chance"

Mew could not stop smiling as he kept staring at the hand-written letter Gulf handed him the other night. Dork, he whispered slowly, still unable to hold back his smile.

It had been two days since the letter had been in his wallet, but his heart continued to glow because of it. Gulf's cute gestures were extra-ordinary.

Two days  had gone by without talking or seeing him. He missed him. But he was aware that he was going to see him tomorrow, at the latest.

"Long time, Mew" Franco, his university mate from the same department barged into his room. " Did Prof. Xavier asked you to read all this? " Franco asked, a little amused. Mew realized he was surrounded by a pile of printed out journals. He didn't realize it was surrounding him until Franco pointed out.

"I didn't realize" He answered giggling.

"As usual, you're being a mad-dog when it comes to research".

" I just have many business to handle otherwise the passion still persist". He said.

"Speaking of which, remember last time you said you wanted to start up your own studio and that you were looking for a music director? " Franco asked. 

Mew and Franco shared a couple of similar things such as; Franco was doing a modeling job aside being a research scholar. These were some reasons why Mew got along very well with Franco.

"Yeah, what about it? " Mew asked, curious.

"I think, Director Mahone will be a good candidate. You can call him if you want. " Franco replied going through his wallet and took out a business card and handed it to Mew.

"What's his credibility? I just want to know from you before my manager checks him out. "

"He's new. He's young. But people in one of my show were talking about how he could be the next big thing in the industry".

" Ah, sure. Thank you. "

"Also, he seems like a humble lad".

" That's good to know"

"By the way, a rumor about you is going on about the net. " Franco said and walked out from his room.

Upon hearing that, Mew's heart began to sink. He could not afford another rumor. But is it about Gulf? He freaked out.

He quickly took his phone out and decided to see for himself. It was weird because his Manager Boss didn't call him this time nor did any PR damage control was issued. Hence, he was a little confused.

The moment he saw his phone, his heart smiled. It was some fansite talking about how Mew and Gulf actually looked like a couple even without trying. The news was picked up by some entertainment media and became a tabloid.

Everyone seemed to be curious about the new man beside Mew Suppasit who was equally tall and good-looking as him. That's my man. He whispered smiling.

Elated, Mew rang up his man. Gulf didn't pick up his call but instead suggested to communicate through text.

"Is everything okay? " wrote Mew, a little worried because Gulf have never done that before.

"Yes, I just have too many guest in the house" Came Gulf's response.

"How's maa and paa? "

"Concerned about your in-laws? They're doing fine"

Mew giggled. He loved the idea of Gulf's parents being his in-laws although he wasn't sure, how acceptable they would be. Moreover, he was certain that marriage was something Gulf would never think at the moment.

"Have you checked the rumors about us? " Mew texted him back.

"Hmm... My followers have increased by a few hundreds. Some thinks I'll break your heart like Arkie did. "

"Seriously? Do you have to bring that up? "

"I don't have a choice. I hate that your name is attached with him all the time. It makes me jealous. "

Mew smiled again. He wanted someone to be jealous of him and Gulf was doing that. He was confirmed, that Gulf was nothing close to anyone he had been with before.

"Jealousy is sometimes good for relationship. " He wrote back.

"So, you're not going to do anything about the fact that I'm jealous? "

"Gulf, I love you.... " Mew froze. Did he just used the word, 'Love'? Was it not too fast? But it felt right and so good.

It took a while for Gulf to respond and Mew hesitated wondering what if he had scared his man away.

"Gulf? Are you still there? "

"Hmm... "

"Did I say something wrong? "

"No... "

"I am sorry if I said something wrong. "

"Is Mew Suppasit Losing confidence? "

"Gulf... "

"Relax, Suppasit. Tell me those exact words in my ears once you see me. Your text messages won't be accepted. "

"Stop teasing me. " He protested light-heartedly loving the direction of the conversation.

"Start trusting me"

"I do trust you, Gulf".

"That's why you freaked out when I didn't respond to your 'I Love You'? "

"Hmmm... "

" You didn't even respond when I told you from my mouth. Remember, how awkward I must have felt. "

Suddenly, Mew recalled. Had Gulf been in love with him all along? He wondered.

"Sorry, baby. I'll make it up to you. " wrote Mew, a little cynical about the usage of 'baby' but it felt so right and so good to call Gulf  'baby'.

"You better make it up.. Someone's knocking on my door. I gotta go. Bye. "

Mew went quiet rocking his chair. The more he thought about Gulf, the more he fell for him. There was something pure about Gulf. He admired his wit, intellectuality, honesty and the innocence. It was rare to find someone as good looking as Gulf who was as humble as him but with such strong- determined spirit.

With Gulf, he felt safe and sound.

****

Gulf opened the door of his room to meet his mother. He had been avoiding his family for a while after his sudden confession a couple of days ago.

The awkward silence and stare was something he never anticipated in his house. However, he realized, just like he struggled to accept himself, his parents needed the same time.

The process of coming out and getting accepted was not easy.

He wanted to leave the house but he decided to face it. He wanted to confront the truth about his family's stand on his sexuality.

Vagueness was something that left him restless. Hence, he continued to stay at his parent's place. He didn't want to run away.

But somehow, he felt guilty and was scared that he had been selfish. He felt guilty because he thought he had put his needs first rather than his family's well-being. And as a good son, he should have been more responsible.

But, he simply could not lie anymore. It was him and he expected his parents to accept him for who he is.

"Can I come in? " His mother tenderly asked but with hesitation. He opened the door wider and allowed her to enter.

He could feel the awkward tension in the room. His mother's eyes no longer glittered but looked as though she haven't slept well.

He followed after her and sat on the bed next to her. His heart pounded anxiously while he lost his voice. It became difficult to look his mother in the eyes.

"Are you disappointed in me, Maa? " Gulf finally broke the thickening silence in the room.

He hoped to receive an honest answer and was prepared to accept his fate.

"Of course, not" His mother gasped and quickly grabbed his hands. " I admit, your dad and I, including Grace is a little shock but it's not your fault. " Hearing those from his mother soothed every inch of his nerves.

He lifted his face and gazed into his mother's warm eyes.

"We are not disappointed, Gulf. You are our child and we love you. " His mother's words made him weak. It sounded like music to his ears.

"What about dad? He hasn't been talking with me for a while". He asked slowly.

"Your dad" His mother faintly laugh, "Gulf, your father being a medical doctor is logical enough to know how sexuality is natural and how we can't control whom we love. " His mother continued and his heart swelled in joy. "---but news like this affects the entire family. It takes time to process it and be okay with it. I hope you understand that. "

"Of course, I do, Maa. I do"

"How long have you known about this? "

"Not very long ago. I'd say, meeting Mew made me realize who I really was. I tried denying and overlooking it but I simply couldn't suppress myself, Maa. " He said.

"Gulf... I think it's brave of you to accept and embrace who you are. Thank you for being honest to us. Your dad and I are very proud of you".

Those words lifted his feet to the sky. It was surreal, too good to be true; but it was. His parents once again have lived up to his expectations and he became overjoyed.

"Thank you, Maa. I love you". He whispered diving into his mother's shoulder as tears of joy brimmed in his eyes. This was one reason why he was proud to be a Kanawut.

However, the joy didn't last long when he was interrupted by a phone call from Mark.

He realized he haven't been fair to his best-friend and even the pride community at large. Perhaps, it was his insecurity all along that enshrined prejudices in him.

***

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5.4K 25
15 years gap yet you still fell in love. Finding love and resisting it.
96.8K 5.2K 64
Gulf Finley Hudson and Andrea Min Gomez have been friends since high school. Mew Xyricks Thompson is her Husband for 5 years. But what if his best fr...
98.7K 1.5K 12
Just a fanfiction about the relationship of this power couple after 7 years. How much did they change? How much do they understand each other now? Re...
78.3K 4.1K 18
When struggling young actor, Gulf Kanawut meets popular actor, Mew Suppasit for TharnType The Series, a rush of emotion unfolds. And Gulf learns that...