Fighting For Mason(COMPLETED)...

By strawberrytrifles

This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression o... More

Dang! Do we have to do this?🙄
Characters descriptions/Casts/Covers
Dedication
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY- THREE
A Letter To Mom and Dad
A Letter to Emily Lightning
A Letter to Carson and Serenity
A Letter to Xavier and Ryder
A Letter to Brit and Scar
A Letter to Mason
A Letter to Mrs Levinson
FIVE YEARS AFTER HAILEY'S DEATH
FIVE YEARS LATER (ALTERNATIVE ENDING)
AUTHOR'S NOTE/APPRECIATION.
Fighting For Mason on other apps?

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

1.2K 55 4
By strawberrytrifles

A/N- This book remains few chapters. This book should finally come to an end by next week. I just want to say you'll have been the best readers a writer can ever ask for. Thanks a lot for the support. I
l❤️ve you all three thousand. 🖤🖤                                                    

"Really Cars, there's no need to come back from your vacation. It's just a surgery, I don't need the whole world at the hospital doorstep."
"I'm not the whole world Hailey. I'm your brother, not the whole world. How would it be that my sister is about to undergo a major surgery and I'm on vacation?" He asked looking absolutely mortified.

"The kind of brother his sister told not to worry. Besides, mom probably exaggerated the whole thing. It's just a surgery that involves two things, I make it or I don't. See, as simple as that." I injected a cheer in my voice that I didn't feel at all.
I could see my brother's frown in the screen, "Don't talk about death that way. Also, we are your family so we always have to be there for you."

I saw the familiar Halls of the hospital as he was walking, "You're already here, aren't you?" I raised my brows in question.
"Yeah, I am. You didn't actually think I was going to listen to you right?" He smirked.

"Why doesn't anyone listen to me anymore?" I said to no in particular, more like a rhetorical question. But, trust Carson to answer it.
" 'cause you say stupid stuff everytime. Who says her brother should still keep having a vacation when his sister is about to undergo a major surgery? Only you," I heard a shuffling at the door and the door opened revealing my brother with lots of balloons and flowers, "Surprise!" He smiled.
I raised my brows in like 'Are you kidding me?' kind of way before I said, "It's not a surprise if I'm aware you are coming."

My brother sighed exparatedly, "Just go with the flow Hailey. Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked, looking tired and all.
I just realized how inconsiderate I've been. My brother got on a plane to see me and came straight from the airport to see me, jet lag and all.
I hopped off my bed and walked to hug him. I tried to memorize his deodorant, I hugged like he'll soon float away. Who knows, this may be the last time I'll see him. I want it to really count. It was always I and my brother against the world before Mason came.

When I was first diagnosed with cancer and my hair was falling off and I was feeling really ugly, crying every time. Carson was the one by my side. Mason came after my cancer has already been declared gone. When I was trying to grow my hair. Carson has been the best brother ever and I can't ask for anyone better.

"I'm actually happy to see you and I'll be happier if you actually bought chocolates from Paris. Did you?"
He smiled and retrieved a box from his coat. I took it gleefully and opened it. I paused before I started eating it, I was scared that I'll throw it up. I just took a bite and closed the rest. I decided to give the rest to Mason. We both have a thing for Paris chocolates.

"So where's is Serenity?" I asked Carson about his girlfriend.
"Oh, she's back at the house with Mom and Dad. She's responsible for the whole flowers and balloons." He smiled fondly. I can see he really loves her and I'm actually glad that he loves someone as amazing as her.

"So why didn't she come with you?" I asked
Carson shrugged, "She kept saying that she wants to respect your wish of us not coming to see you. She tried to convince me to do the same but I refused vehemently. She decided to get these things when I decided I was going to go."

I laughed, "She didn't know she has a mule head for a fiance," I stopped laughing and became serious. With sincerity shining in my eyes I told my brother how I truly felt, "I'm actually so glad who didn't listen to me and came. For a long time I've felt like a dead weight in you, Dad and Mom's life. I didn't want to feel like I ruined your vacation."
"Of course not! You are not a dead weight. You're my strong, independent and kick-ass sister." He smiled.

I smiled back as I said, "Yeah, I can remember when I beat your ass during our taekwondo lessons when we were kids."
Carson faked a frown and said, "We need to erase some memories. That wasn't a pleasant memory."
"Are you shy that your younger sister had your ass handed to you? There's nothing to be ashamed of Cars."
"Shut up." He said.

I started laughing and he soon joined me. This right here is a picture worthy moment and I want this memory forever.
          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What are you always typing?" Mason asked immediately he entered my hospital room. He dropped his bag on the nearest chair. The doctors changed my surgery to Friday 'cause a doctor that's supposed to be on the surgery team, his flight was delayed. So instead of today, my surgery is tomorrow by seven a.m.

"You'll see soon." I whispered hoarsely. My voice was croaked cause I've been throwing up since morning and I was really weak. But that's not the main reason for my sore mood. I mean I am so sad that I can't even manage any form of sarcasm, that's how bad.

"Okay, out with it. What's bugging you?" Mason asked settling beside me.
I closed my laptop and shot off from the bed. I walked to the window in my room and faced it. Not wanting Mason to see my eyes already brimming with tears. But Mason followed me and stood beside me.
"You can tell me anything. What is it?" He asked.

I shook my head but he pressed on.
I turned sharply to face him, by now the tears were freely running down my cheeks. I can act strong in front of everyone else but for some reason I can't do it with Mason.
"I'm going to cut my hair, okay? I'm going to cut my hair and become really ugly. I'm going to be really ugly." I said as I cried uncontrollably.

"Hair isn't true beauty. Besides, I don't care about that." He shrugged.
"Well you should! You should! I'm going to-o-o be really ugly." My lips trembled as I said the last time. Each time I asked myself what Mason is doing with me. He can be friends with people who don't have death hanging over their heads but yet he's here with me.

"Hailey, hair or not I will still be here. All that doesn't matter," He was saying when he paused, "You know what? Wait here, I'll be back." He said grabbing his jacket and walking briskly out of the room.
Maybe Mason is finally tired of me?
Well, my guess was wrong 'cause he came back twenty minutes later.

"It's only hair Hailey." He said as he pulled off his beanie and revealed a fresh cut.
My eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I saw he's cut his hair. I can't believe he cut his beautiful hair for me!
"You cut your hair? Why?" I asked as my eyes teared up.

"I wanted to prove to you that your hair doesn't make you. I told you Hailey, we are in this together."
I raced from my bed not caring that I felt woozy and jumped on him. He caught me with no effort at all. My legs were hung on his waist as my arms around him.
This time tears rolled down uncontrollably. I can't believe Mason did this for me.

"I'm scared Mason. I act like I'm not but I'm really really scared. What if after the surgery I forget everyone? I forget you?" Tears kept running down my cheeks.
Mason moved with me to the bed and dropped me slowly in a sitting position, then sat beside me and placed my head on his chest, then proceeded to clean my tears.

"Then we'll be right beside you to remind you that we love and care for you." He assured me.
"I'm such a fraud. I act like everything is all cool when inside of me I'm so scared."
"You're not a fraud. Everyone is scared, so you're no different. You're the strongest lady I know. Even Captain Marvel holds a candle beside your chandelier. That's how brave I think you are."
I sniffed, "Thanks so much. That means a lot coming from you."

"You're welcome."
After some minutes of crying, I finally got myself together.
"So you're ready to cut your hair?" He asked.
"Yes. Let's do it." I said as I beeped the nurse who was appointed for this to come in. It wasn't long before she came in.
"You're ready?" She asked smiling trying to make light of the situation.
I smiled back, not wanting to be an ass, "Yeah. Let's do this."

I held Mason's hands as the cold clipper scrapped off my hair. I closed my eyes tightly as tears threatened to come out. It felt like a part of me was being taken away, but Mason made it easier. For going through such huge step with me and for cutting his hair in solidarity, it made this easier.

"So shall we take a picture of this to fill the last slot of your album?" Mason asked immediately the nurse left.
"Yeah... Why not?" I smiled as I fetched my Polaroid camera from the table.

With wide grins we took the picture. The picture was really pretty as we both smiled like we had no care in the world. It reminded me of a picture we took together some years back.
You wouldn't even believe that I just had a breakdown some hours ago.
Mason and I binge watched 'Mcgyver' until one a.m when we both fell asleep.

By six a.m I was prepped for the surgery. As I was being wheeled out of the room to the theater room, I saw my family and friends waiting in the hospital hall.
After a quick prayer, I was wheeled into the theater. Before my doctor gave me the anesthesia, I decided to tell him something.

"Should anything, you know..." I said trying not to say the death word, my doctor nodded in understanding, so I continued," I've sent some letters to your mail, please if you can hand it to them for me. I hope it's not too much?" I asked, hoping I wasn't overstepping.

"It's okay Hailey. I will do that for you but my wish is that you give those letters yourself."
"We can only wish doctor." I muttered as the anesthesia effect started showing.
As I felt myself floating, I only hoped that I'll have a bit of time to say goodbye properly. That's my greatest wish.

A/N- Friends make challenges and problems seem a bit easier. When you have lovely friends, everything seems a tad bit bearable.

Till the next update,
Bye🚶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1.8K 42
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
1.1K 246 19
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...
8.9K 306 26
*Dedicated to all the Victims in the Orlando Pulse Shooting, Your souls will always be beautiful* Ben is yours typical lonely guy. Lives alone, No fr...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...