Blood Witch || l.s

By Larrysfool

Louis grew up in a world of witchcraft, but instead of magic coursing through his veins he inherited nothing... More

I Can Play by the Rules
Are You Sure You're Not Iron Deficient?

Something Strange Happened Last Night

71 16 14
By Larrysfool

Harry heard a knock on his door around three in the afternoon. He supposed it was about time he started his day anyway.

He opened the door to find Niall with two coffees in his hand. "Hey. I've been trying to get a hold of you." He let himself into Harry's dorm. "I've been dying to tell you about last night."

Harry hadn't been necessarily ignoring him, he'd just needed some time to figure out whether he was crazy or not. He was sure he hadn't imagined it last night. He didn't know what it exactly was but he had never felt that way ever.

"Okay, so I totally want to hear about your night but I just have to get this off my chest." Niall set the drinks down on his desk in between his and roommates bed.

The worry lines on his forehead were prominent and he fiddled with his bottom lip as he searched for a way to say what he needed to say. "Something strange happened last night." He started.

Harry perked up. Was it possible that whatever happened to him last night happened to Niall too? I mean Louis and Zayn were friends. "So, obviously I invited the guy back to my dorm. We had fun. We hooked up. Everything was going great." Harry crossed the possibility off his list with a slump of his shoulders. "And then it happened."

"What?" Was he supposed to have any idea what the blonde boy was talking about?

"Well, it's embarrassing. This has never happened to me before." Niall scratched at the back of his head.

Harry had enough of that to go around too. He hardly ever hooked up, but he had never been sent home before the other person even finished. Harry was sort of glad he had the strange phenomena on his brain to distract him from the mortifying truth; he was a lousy hookup. "I'm sure whatever it was can't come close to my humiliating night."

"I...cried." He admitted softly. "Like after we finished I just started to tear up and then it all just came out. It was just...weird." He shuddered.

Whatever Harry was expecting, it was far from this. "You cried? You cried." He thought it over. "That's not that weird. What was on your mind?" He sat back down on his bed as his friend leaned against his desk.

"What was on my mind? 'Wow that was a great lay' 'I'm kind of hungry' and then boom! I started crying."

"I don't...I don't really know what that means." Harry wished he was more help.

Niall widened his eyes and let out a dismissive sigh. "On that cheery note, how was your night?" He took a sip of his drink and handed the other to Harry. "Did you go through with it this time?"

"I really don't know what to say about it, Ni." He twisted the plastic lid of his cup while he pondered where to start. "I've never experienced anything like this."

"Oh god, sounds juicy. Why'd you let me drone on about my overactive tear ducts?" He shifted his whole body onto the desk so he was seated now.

"No, I mean...it's weird. Like weird weird." He knew words couldn't do his night justice. "I went to his place, reluctantly." He started. "He told me his place may be a little off-putting. That he was into 'occult studies?'" Harry thought back to the eclectic house. "His room was filled with all kinds of witchy stuff you know? Plants everywhere, jars, crystals, candles. I mean I know that people here are into that stuff but I had never seen anything like this."

"Woah. Sounds freaky." Niall had an amused grin.

"I mean I was a little freaked out at first but I put it out of my head, at least I think I did..." Harry had to wonder if the sight of that stuff made him paranoid. "He lit a bunch of candles and turned out the lights. It was actually kind of romantic." He felt himself blushing. He wished the night had gone differently and that he had more time with Louis.

"Sounds hot." Niall took another sip of his drink with a nonchalant expression.

"I mean it was. It was really really good. He was- I mean I have never been with anyone as artful. We had really just started fooling around and he was being...such a tease." Harry started to feel warm just thinking about it.

"Keep it in your pants, Styles." Niall snapped him out of it.

"Anyway, I just- I got really frustrated and I bit my lip a little too hard and it started bleeding and he offered to like 'kiss it better' which shouldn't have been as hot as it was but when he kissed me in that moment something happened."

"Oh, no. Don't tell me!" He covered his face.

"No! It's not like that! This feeling came over me. It was like this intoxicating spiritual feeling. It was like...it was euphoric. Every inch of my body felt like it was in this wonderful place. It was unreal. It was like it was...supernatural. And then he got me off and I swore I was in heaven. For a second I wondered if I had actually died. But it wasn't just what he was doing it was like I was breathing in some sort of narcotic lingering in the air."

Niall's face said it all. Skepticism and bewilderment were written in his raised eyebrow and upturned lip. "That sounds really trippy. Are you sure he didn't drug you?"

"I'm positive." Harry could still remember every detail of every second. "I was very...present."

"Maybe it was like in your head. You know you saw all that stuff and it messed with your head." He scrambled to come up with a rational reason for his experience.

"I thought the same thing but I remember his face it was like it was happening to him too. And then he just stopped almost as soon as we started and he took me home."

Niall almost spat out his drink. "He didn't even finish?"

"No." Harry wanted to shrink to the size of a grain of rice. He was so embarrassed about the whole experience.

"Shit. I'm so sorry. That's...I don't know what to make of that, actually." Niall scratched at the stubble on his cheek.

"I need to find him again," Harry announced.

"Huh?" He looked at him like he suggested running away and joining the circus. "You want to find the guy who took you home and then blew you off? What for?!"

"I have to know what happened. I mean it was something. And I...kind of want to feel it again. It was sort of addictive. That high. I've never felt anything like it."

***

"Zayn." Louis shoved him while he slept soundly in his bed. "Zayn!" Louis shook him more aggressively.

His eyes shot open and he gasped for air. "Jesus, Louis." He called out as he caught sight of Louis.

"I need to talk to you." Louis took the covers off his friend.

He rolled over onto his stomach and buried his face in his pillows. "Who am I talking to? Angry Louis or Grumpy Louis?" His question was muffled by the pillow pressed to his face but Louis could make out his friend's words.

"Slightly-inconvenienced Louis." He crossed his arms and waited for his friend to show his face again.

He remained on his stomach but turned his neck to face him. "Really? What's got you in such a good mood this morning?" Zayn poked fun at his friend because he was the only one who could get away with it.

Louis' eyebrows jumped up as a wicked grin spread over his face. He stared at his friend and put his new theory to the test.

Zayn stared back at him with an irritated expression. He was waiting for him to spill whatever was on his mind so he could get back to the comfort of his pillow.

Suddenly, Zayn sat up feeling uncomfortable. He furrowed his eyebrows as he started to fan himself. "Hang on Lou, I think I'm having a hot flash." He looked around at the covers confused as to why he was suddenly warm.

Louis waited for the realization to come over him. When Zayn's eyes finally met Louis he read him like an open book. "You? Are you doing this?" Zayn wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead and studied it like it could give him answers.

Zayn looked back up at Louis with a bright smile. "No way!" He jumped out of bed. "No way!" He pushed Louis playfully. "When did this happen?"

"I think last night but I don't know." Louis laughed with his roommate.

"That's great!" He ruffled his hair. "I always knew they were there." He referred to his powers.

"Yeah, only problem is I have no idea what it means." He crossed his arms. "I had sort of a weird night last night."

"That's normal. Your awakening can be really strange. I remember doing the weirdest things and feeling like I was sort of tripping on acid or something. Of course, I was a lot younger but it's normal if you're not expecting it! I wonder what triggered it. What did you drink last night? Did you take anything?" Zayn's thoughts were racing and he was jumping way ahead of Louis.

"No. I don't think it's like that. I think it was the boy I was with last night." Louis knew the idea was crazy but he couldn't deny what had happened.

"What do you mean?" Zayn pulled on his bottom lip while he tried to make sense of Louis' new powers.

"We were you know getting into it and I don't know...something came over me. Well, not just me. I think he felt it too. It was like this void inside of me was finally being filled. For the first time in my life, I felt...satiated." Just remembering last night sent chills down his spine.

"Like some sort of sex magic? Hmm. I mean I've heard it can trigger my kind. But you come from herbal magic it has to be something else." Zayn scratched his head.

Louis was nervous about the implications of what really happened but he figured if his friend was going to help him he needed to be honest. "Well, there was this moment where I sort of kissed his bleeding lip and that's when it came over me so I just sort of went with it..."

The bewilderment on his face told Louis everything he needed to know; he was a freak. "Well, I've never heard of that. Maybe he took something and that's what did it."

Zayn never pretended to be an expert on this stuff. The three of them were sort of on their own. Louis wasn't close with his family and Zayn and Sienna never knew theirs. The rest of the witch community were tight-ass elitists that practiced as part of a society led by the dean of the local university. They were forced to practice conventional magic and follow too many rules for Louis' liking. The three of them never fit in.

"I think we should see Liam," Louis suggested knowing what his reaction would be.

Zayn stuck his hip out and huffed out a breath. "Do we have to? I hate that guy."

"He's not that bad." Louis encouraged him. He needed answers and if there was anyone who could give them to him it was the annoyingly brilliant Liam
Payne.

"Don't give me that! You hate him too!"

"I hate everybody." Louis shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, but why do I have to go?" Zayn crossed his arms like a child protesting.

"Cause he's sweet on you and therefore will be more motivated to help." Louis pushed his buttons because he knew he could get away with it. He knew Zayn would always be there for him.

He rolled his eyes. "You're the worst."

"How was your night by the way?" Louis was curious about Harry's blonde friend and if they had any fun.

"Yeah it was alright I guess." A small smile was forming at the corners of his mouth.

"Sounds better than alright." Louis chuckled.

"Yeah, I liked him more than I expected to." He blushed. "I think I made him cry."

Louis couldn't help but crack up at the idea of the poor guy tearing up for no reason.

"It's not funny. I think he was embarrassed." Zayn smacked Louis' arm for being inconsiderate.

"Who cares. He'll get over it. It's not like you can see him again anyway." Louis was bad at the whole sympathy thing. In fact, on most occasions, Zayn really put him to shame in the empathy department.

"Yeah, you're welcome for being your wingman. Again."

"What are pretty friends for?" Louis patted him on the cheek before heading for the door. "Oh and wear the red shirt tonight. Liam likes that color on you." Louis jested one last time.

Zayn didn't look up as he started to make his bed, he just flipped Louis off in his general direction.

Louis shut the door behind him and braced himself for whatever answers were waiting for him. Tonight everything would change.

***
Hey, guys if you're still enjoying please let me know in the comments and I'll keep updating!

Love you lots!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

847K 10.8K 44
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
1.2M 53.2K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
813K 18.5K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
98.2K 3.4K 34
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...