Pure - The Broken Society

By AlexisJadeS22

*COMPLETED* One event in history has the power to change everything. One choice...can leave an entire so... More

Author's Note/Cast
UTOPIA
SOCIETY
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
EPILOGUE
PLAYLIST

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

6 1 0
By AlexisJadeS22

Tate Torres

Men gather everywhere, standing with gazes of determination as they wait for instruction. The sun barely peaks into the chasm, the morning sky a brilliant shade of oranges and yellows, mixing together like a never ending ombre of color.

The air is calm, but a certain adrenaline lingers in the air. I steal a glance at the large clock hanging by chains behind the lectern stand in Capital Pier, 15 minutes till go time, I say under my breath.

At that moment I hoist myself up the steps to the lectern, my hand coming to rest on the polished wood as I stride around it, staring back at all the men that gather before me. Few women gather too, all here for the same reason.

I clear my throat, "Alright, everybody listen up!' I say, and immediately all attention snaps towards me, eyes of excitement all coming to rest on me. I've never had a problem speaking in front of a large group, but I can't help but find myself trembling a little under the spotlight, my body rigid with motivation to run to that train with all my strength.

"It's 5:45 right now, meaning that the train will be arriving in 15 minutes. I am going to run through the plan again so listen carefully!"

***

We wait under the treeline, the leaves and branches wrestling with one another as small gusts of morning wind whirl through them. The people around me are completely silent, Gage standing on my right as Malcolm stands to my left.

Every time I look to Malcolm, I can't help but be brought back to Madelynn and her concern on behalf of him, but I shake those thoughts away. I've known him since I was a kid, and I know his loyalty lies with us, for there is no way he would have any communication with the other side. He never left our sight whenever we went to the city, never.

Far off in the distance, the ground rumbles as the train heaves forward quickly on the tracks. My legs involuntarily carry me to the edge of the tracks, still hidden in the trees as everyone else remains still in their positions.

"Step one, jump on the train as it appears from under the treeline." I say in my mind, my heart beating as the train chugs closer and closer to the opening of the trees.

I watch intently, the tracks and ground from under me beginning to shake rapidly. I take one look back at everyone hidden underneath the trees, their dark clothing rendering them almost invisible.

"Good luck!" Gage shouts, and I nod a thank you to him, just before turning back. My legs shake in anticipation, and just then the train appears from out of the trees, and I take off running.

My jaunts formulate the sensation of flying as I run alongside the closed boxcars, every few seconds peering over my shoulder searching for an open car or a handle to grab on to. With one last look, my eyes narrow on an open train car, and I immediately lunge for the handle as the car passes me. I hold onto the handle for dear life, using my upper body strength to force my body inside. My eyes widened in sudden shock.

"Shit."

"Hey! Stop right there!" A Patrolman shouts, rushing towards me to attack. I take in the appearances of the three Patrolmen standing in front of me, not a single weapon on them except knives in the holsters of their pearly white waistbands.

Just as the Patrolman is about to thrust his fist at my jaw, I grab hold of his hand, throwing it away from me with all mustered strength as I kick my leg up, connecting the sole of my shoe with the middle of his chestplate. He stumbles backwards and loses balance, just as another man comes behind me grabbing both my arms behind my back. This doesn't faze me as I double over, throwing the Patrolman over my back with ease. I grab my knife from my back pocket swiftly, the blade shimmering in the morning light.

The last Patrolman, immediately rushes towards a communication system, dialing numbers rapidly into the keypad. Just before he has any time to speak, I thrust my knife to his back like a spear. The blade pierces through his armor with great velocity, only now realizing that the chestplate donned on his body is thinner than the rest I've seen.

The other two Patrolmen now stand, watching as the other struggles to rip my knife from his back. He trips over his own feet pathetically, falling out of the fast moving train car with a howl. I charge towards the other two as they are distracted with the sight in front of them.

I run up on one, jumping on him as I grab his perfectly sharpened knife from the holster. He throws a punch, his protected fist connecting with my stomach. I recoil back, refusing to let pain distract me. I lunge forward again, this time with the knife in front of me as I take hold of the Patrolman's mask, lifting it to reveal a young face. We connect eyes for a moment, then I thrust the knife into his neck, all life draining. The adrenaline fogs over the reality of what I've just done, forcing me to focus on the last man. My first kill.

With his knife now drawn, he rushes towards me with a grunt, but I cut off his perfect shot to my heart, swiftly moving to the side and jumping atop crates full of unknown contents. I use the crates as leverage to jump on the Patrolman's back, but he's quick to react, his knife slicing my lower abdomen clean open a fourth of an inch. I moan in pain, falling onto my back as I hold the wound with my hand, I peer down to see it covered in blood.

The Patrolman comes at me again as I lay on the floor of the boxcar, but I stand hastily, despite the smarting pain that comes with every movement I make. He thrusts the knife at me, but I block him, both fighting as if we had swords.

Finally, he makes a wrong move, opening his chest up for attack as I take advantage of his vulnerable stage. Within seconds I thrust the blade through his chestplate with all strength left in my arms. I watch as his lifeless body falls to the ground, his limbs moving as they slap against the ground.

I take a deep breath, gazing at the Patrolmen below me. I wipe away the beads of sweat gathered at my hairline as I walk to the edge of the boxcar, stepping outside of the train. The wind whips at my jacket as I hold onto the side of the train tightly, moving slowly to the front of the train. Two more closed boxcars roll in front of me, then the engine of the train.

"Step two, hijack the engine of the train to stop it from moving."

I stand on the edge of the boxcar, watching as the tracks below me whizz by in a flash. My heart beats even faster, my breaths coming as quickly as they leave. Taking one last breath, I jump to the next car, but my foot slips off as I immediately reach for a handle protruding from the side of the car, catching myself from sudden death.

I hoist myself up, my abdomen seizing in pain as I feel the wound stretch. I wince in agony, a small hiss escaping my gritted teeth. I continue to move, repeating every movement I made as the last train car, stopping at the edge. I look forward at the engine in front of me, two unarmed men inside manning the cockpit. I look down, noticing a platform on the engine in jumping distance, and I take the leap.

The men inside peer out the window in confusion as they hear my feet slap loudly against the metal, but they turn back to work. I search for a way to the top of the engine, finding one instantly. I crawl up the side of the moving train, wind weaving through my hair and blowing against me with durable gusts. I tighten my grip on the railing up the side of the train, coming face to face with a bright red emergency exit latch on the top of the cockpit. I reach for the lever, pulling it hastily open as I drop inside.

"What the hell?" One questions as my balled white knuckles come in contact with his jawbone, knocking his neck harshly to the side, a crack audible as he falls to the ground. The other man holds his hands up in surrender, but I ignore it and do the same thing, knocking him clear out. His body lands on top of the other one.

I shake my hand out as I come in contact with thousands of buttons and levers all illuminated in bright greens, yellows, oranges, and reds. I search frantically for an emergency stop lever, and once my eyes land on one, I sigh in relief. I pull the lever down quicker than a cheetah running after prey in a field. At that moment the train lurches forward as all brakes are applied on the train. I peer out the window as sparks fly from the tracks below, the train slowing brutally, the vehicle at this point strictly moving from inertia, not the wheels. Within a minute, the train stops, loud combustions of air releasing from the train as it stops.

I hoist myself back up through the hole in the roof, standing tall above the meadow that stretches for miles before me. The treeline appears so far away, yet so close. This process is so close to being over, that I can just taste the triumph in the air.

I search for the others hidden in the treeline as they wait for my signal, finding them immediately waiting in anticipation. They appear so small in the distance, but I know they can see me perfectly.

"LET'S GO!" I scream on the top of my lungs, and at that very moment a mass of men and women come running from under the treeline. I watch in amazement as they run with speed towards the train, determination fresh in their minds.

"Step three, break open the train and take every single thing packed in the cars."

A minute later, the boxcars are busted open with crowbars to reveal crates and crates of goods, just what we were looking for. Men jump up into the boxcars and begin to take hold of crates. They throw them down to the people below, their arms wide ready to catch the cargo. Some take one crate, others take two and three. They run back to the treeline, dropping the crates in a large pile then returning with brisk pace. I watch as the exodus of people run back and forth, a giant smile on my lips as I watch the first steps of the plan unfold smoothly. I watch over the people like a hawk, searching for any signs of danger or sudden attacks, but none come.

"All empty!" I hear Gage shout from down below, signalling that the liquidation was successful. I watch in victory as the hoard of people dressed in black run to the sheltering trees, disappearing from sight like smoke in the atmosphere.

I jump back into the cockpit of the train, pulling the lever back up as the breaks come loose from the wheels of the train. I find a button labeled "power", pressing it and the train lurches forward again, moving forward with ease, picking up speed with every passing second.

I hurdle upwards again, jumping out of the cockpit and pulling myself out of the train, dropping down to the platform I once stood on. I peer down at the fast moving ground below me, dreading the last step of this whole operation.

"Step four...jump."

I step all the way to the opposite edge of the platform, taking a deep breath and praying to god above to let this work. With that, I rush forward, gaining speed and jumping off the platform to the ground below with impeccable speed. I float, airborne, and my body hurls towards the ground. I roll my body, protecting my neck from impact as my back hits the ground smoothly, sending my body in an endless roll through the meadow.

Grunts escape my mouth as my body slows down, and I lay there in the meadow in a fit of my own heavy breathing. My chest raises and lowers rapidly, my heart beat never decelerating. I lift my head for a moment, watching the train rush by as it heads to the city empty of all materials.

The train came from their facility down South, many men have once tried to break into the facility, but none returned...the security there was ten times stronger than that of the city.

I place my head back down on the soft grass, heaving a shout of content as my face lights up in victory. I lay there, engulfed in triumph and ascendancy, euphoria washing over my body like a rogue wave. I don't move a muscle in my body for what feels like hours, no energy left in my body, but I don't care.

Part one: completed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 405 170
Despite her protests, Karin Uzumaki is dragged to the Uchiha's annual masquerade ball along with her older sister in order to find rich husbands. Kar...
827 76 14
❤️🪽Valentine's day edition🪽❤️ ✨ A place to share your magic✨
108K 3.3K 31
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
143K 5.2K 19
After opening her eyes, Marinette realized she was inside a room, one that seemed to belong to a hospital. She was standing in front of the bed, in w...