DUSK; Cedric Diggory

By fruitoms2

when a girl from Ilvermorny accidentally sends a picture to a flustered boy in Hufflepuff. a social medic x r... More

-----
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 35

14.8K 370 435
By fruitoms2

Conversation with: Fred and George

Gred
dearest Ophelia

Forge
how are you this fine summer?

Ophelia
hello my favorite weasleys
don't tell Ron

Forge
we wouldn't dare

Ophelia
so what's up?

Gred
well
on this fine summer day

Forge
we were wondering

Gred
if

Forge
you wanted to

Gred
come with us tomorrow

Ophelia
bruh
spit it out

Forge
to pick up the Harry Potter

Gred
from his awful family's house!

Forge
for the Quidditch World Cup

Ophelia
oo yes
you boys must already have a prank idea
for the dursleys...

Forge
this is precisely why

Gred
ur our favourite American!

Forge
we've been working on joke products
the whole summer

Gred
when can you floo over?

Ophelia
anytime
give me a few hours to pack up my stuff

Forge
perfecto

Gred
see you soon!

Her parents already knew that she had plans to meet up with her friends for the Quidditch World Cup, so when she asked to floo to the Weasley's a day early, her parents didn't mind much. After knowing that the twins have been producing their own joke products, she couldn't wait to test them out—she had a few ideas of her own too.

"The Burrow!" Ophelia said loud and clear as she released the floo powder, her trunk in her other hand. The familiar green mist surrounded her and in a few blinks of an eye, she had arrived at the Weasley's house.

This was the first time she had ever been to the Burrow, and the first thing she noticed about it was how high up the roof was. Although it was somewhat crooked and creaky, she found herself really liking the homey feel of it.

"Ophelia!" came Fred and George's voices. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here!"

"Aw," Ophelia pulled them both to a hug. "I missed you both so much!"

"C'mon," Fred said, picking up her trunk for her like a true gentleman. "You'll be staying in our room."

Spotting the teasing smirk on the redhead, she played along. "Lead the way!"

Instead of taking the turn up to their rooms, the twins dropped her trunk off at Ginny's, where Hermione was staying too. "We didn't fancy the idea of pretty boy diggory going all protective puppy on us."

"Protective puppy?"

"Yeah, don't think we haven't noticed when he gets all territorial and cuddly when he sees you with us." George added.

Ophelia blushed. She was visiting America the whole summer, and although it had only been two months without Cedric, she missed him dearly and every day face time calls was not enough. "Well, I think it's cute."

"Of course you do," Fred teased, pinching her on the cheek. "Now come on, we've been waiting forever to show someone our products!"

Fred and George led her to their room and into their closet that had been charmed so it was bigger—not that they had many clothes to begin with, but the twins had convinced their parents somehow. Now, the closet was full of the joke products they had been developing since the beginning for summer.

"We've got a whole bunch of ideas," George said, taking a list out from one of his jacket pockets. "So here's your typical dungbomb—these work pretty well—we just wanted to try to make something that we knew existed first."

Ophelia picked up a wrapped biscuit, and was delighted to see that it was a custard cream. "Hey, what do these do?"

"Those," Fred smirked mischievously. "Are canary creams—you'll turn into a large bird. We're still working on a smooth transfiguration back. Didn't go too well when we tested it on one of the gnomes—got stuck as a large canary for a few hours before we made an antidote."

"Yeah, you might not want to take a bite."

Ophelia re wrapped the custard cream and scooped up a few small pieces of wrappedd toffee. "What's this?"

"Ah," George took one from Ophelia's hands. "We've only just finished developing these. Fred's positive that they'll work, but we do need a test subject. Any ideas?"

"I say we 'accidentally' drop them on the floor when we go pick up Harry," Ophelia smirked, putting up bunny quotes around accidentally. "For a certain fat ass I know can't resist a perfectly good sweet in front of him."

"This is why," Fred said, his eyes twinkling in delight.

"We love you!" George finished, ruffling Ophelia's hair.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Ophelia joked. "Wait, I still don't know what they do."

"We've still got to come up with a catchy name—something with toffee." George explained. "If all goes to plan, that cousin of Harry's tongue should swell to at least four feet long."

Ophelia looked at the two in awe. Despite not being serious in their academic studies, they were a lot smarter than everyone gave them credit for. "You two are insane! Honestly, remember me when you start a shop and become famous."

The twins fake saluted her, and continued showing her the products that they had experimented with.

"Guys, what about Ton-Tongue Toffee?" a sudden thought came into Ophelia's mind. "It's pretty catchy, and it sounds just like it would if someone had their tongue enlarged."

The twins looked at each other, at the toffee, then back at Ophelia with a wide grin. "Have we ever told you that you're bloody brilliant?"

"Quite a few times today, actually."

⟠ ⟠ ⟠

"Are you sure we're allowed to floo into a no-maj's fireplace?" Ophelia after Mr. Weasley said Harry' address. Fred stepped in next, a handful of green powder in his hands.

"No-maj?" Ron asked curiously.

"Muggles." Ophelia waved her hand dismissively. "Mrs. Weasley, shouldn't we maybe call the Dursley's to let them know?"

Fred Weasley was never one to listen. Grinning mischievously at Ophelia, he yelled out the address loud and clear and disappeared in green flames. The next to go was George, and despite Ophelia's concerns, he too disappeared with a shrug. Seeing as both the twins and Mr. Weasley were able to get through, Ophelia sighed in defeat—she most definitely didn't want to leave those two alone with the no majs, despite how horrible they are to Harry—Mr. Weasley would probably trying to figure out how No Maj technology worked instead of keeping and eye on the twins

"4 Privet Drive, Surrey!" Ophelia exclaimed, the flames flashing before her.

"Ouch!" Ophelia bumped into a dark wall as she tried to walk forward. "Fred? George? Mr. Weasley?"

"Ri-right here," came Fred's squeezed voice from right behind her. "It seems like the fireplace is blocked."

Ophelia smacked Fred in the back of his head. "Idiots, of course it's closed! They're no majs, for Merlin's sake."

"Maybe Harry can hear us, Dad—maybe he'll be able to let us out—" Fred started to hammer against the blocked wall.

"Harry? Harry, can you hear us?" Ophelia called.

"Mr. Weasley? Ophelia? Fred? Can you hear me?" it was Harry. "The fireplace has been blockked up...you won't be able to get through here."

"Damn!" said Mr. Weasley. "What on earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?"

"They've got an electric fire."

"Really? Eclectic, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that...let's think...ouch, Ron!" As if it wasn't crowded enough with the four of them bunched up together, Ron bumped into all of them.

"What are we doing here? Is this Harry's?"

"Oh yes, this is definitely where we wanted to end up." Fred said sarcastically, earning a snicker from Ophelia.

"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here," Ophelia added.

"Boys...Ophelia..." Mr. Weasley hushed them. "I'm trying to think what to do...yes...only way...stand back, Harry!"

Ophelia's eyes widened when Mr. Weasley pulled out his wand, muttering an incantation under his breath when the wall in front of them exploded into pieces, creating a large enough hole for all of them to get through.

"That's better," Ophelia said, breathing in the fresh air.

"Ah—you must be Harry's aunt and uncle!" Mr. Weasley said with pleasure, his hands outstretched to a beefy man with a terrible moustache—that must be Mr. Dursley, Ophelia thought.

The man and the woman only stared at him with disbelief, prompting Mr. Weasley to lower his hand. "Er—yes—sorry about that. It's all my fault, it didn't occur to me that we wouldn't be able to get out at the other end. Don't worry, I've got a useful contact at the Floo Regulation Panel and he fixed it for me. I'll light a fire to send every back and then I'll be able to repair your fireplace before I Disapparate."

After giving long overdue hug to her favorite—now fourth year—she shared an amused look with Harry. It was clear that his aunt and uncle had no idea what Mr. Weasley was babbling about. Although even up to this day, most of the American Wizarding community were purebloods with a few halfblood families—that's just how it was. Unlike a lot of the pureblood supremist families here in Europe, a lot of pureblood families in America were pretty educated with the muggle world and Ophelia herself really enjoyed muggle pop culture and music.

"Hello, Harry!" Mr. Weasley turned his attention to him. "Got your trunk ready?"

"It's upstairs," said Harry, grinning at the man he considered to be more of a family than the one he lived with.

"We'll get it," Ophelia said, winking at Harry as she pulled both Fred and George up the stairs. They knew that he lived on the smallest bedroom in the house, and Ophelia knew that Fred and George had rescued him in when Harry was only a second year with a flying car.

"I've got it!" George said, coming out from Harry's room. Fred and Ophelia had tried to look for Dudley, but there was no sign of him—he must've left to go downstairs.

"Alright," Ophelia whispered. "You've got all the sweets in your pocket?"

Fred nodded, pulling his jacket pocket wide.

"Great!" Ophelia said with a grin. "Right before we step into the fireplace—"

"I'll drop all the sweets and pick up all of them apart from the Ton-Tongued Toffee." Fred smirked, finishing her sentence and high fiving George.

Ophelia winked at the two boys and descended down the stairs. Harry was right, Dudley really just looked like a fat lump with no brain.

"Ah, right," Mr. Weasley said. "Better get cracking then." Pulling out his wand, he pointed it at the hole in the wall. "Incendio!"

"Off you go then, Fred," Mr. Weasley opened a small drawstring bag from his pocket.

"Coming," said Fred, and Ophelia had to try very hard to keep a poker face and not burst out in laughter and ruin their plan. "Oh no—hang on—" A bag of sweets of every color spilled out from his pocket, rolling in all different directions. Fred scrambled around quick, stuffing them back in his pocket, leaving only one toffee left. He didn't waste any time as he walked into the fireplace, saying "the Burrow!" and vanished.

"Right then, George," said Mr. Weasley. "you and the trunk."

He disappeared with a second whoosh.

"Ophelia dear, you next,"

Sending a cheery smile to the gobsmacked faces before her, she waved a sarcastic goodbye to the three no majs. "The Burrow!" she said, changing her expression into a deadly glaring one, making sure the Dursley's saw it as she landed back at the Burrow.

"Did you see him eat it?" George approached her excitedly.

Ophelia shook her head. "I saw him grab it though."

The next to arrive was Ron and Harry, and from the wide grin on his face, Ophelia knew that their plan had worked.

"Did he eat it?" Fred bubbled, helping Harry out of the fireplace.

"Yeah," said Harry. "What was it?"

"Ton-Tongue Toffee," Fred said brightly, gesturing to Ophelia. "Ophelia here named it. George and I invented them, and we've been looking for someone to test them on all summer..."

The whole kitchen burst out in laughter, and Ophelia saw two similar looking redheads sitting with Ron and George at a table. They must be Bill and Charlie, the eldest Weasley brothers the twins have spoke so fondly about.

"How're you doing Harry?" One of them greeted him, shaking his hand. He turned to look at Ophelia, surprised since he was probably only expecting Harry.

"I'm Ophelia," she said, shaking the burly redhead's hand, feeling the calluses and blisters under his fingers.

"I'm Charlie," he said, smiling at her. "Nice to meet you." Ah, the one that worked with dragons in Romania.

The other brother Ophelia had to assume was Bill got to his feet, approaching Harry first and then Ophelia. She was taken surprise, he had long hair that was tied back and also had an earring—and honestly, she didn't expect him to look this hot.

"I'm Bill," he said with a grin.

Before they could talk more, Mr. Weasley appeared out of thin air next to George, and he looked pretty damn angry. "That wasn't funny, Fred!" he yelled. "What on earth did you give that Muggle boy?"

"I didn't give him anything," said Fred, a smile still plastered on his face. Ophelia shrugged—he wasn't lying. "I just dropped it...It was his fault he went and ate it, I never told him to."

"You dropped it on purpose! You knew he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet—"

George ignored his father's furious yells, and instead asked eargerly. "How big did it get?"

"That's what she said," Ophelia joked quietly to Bill next to her, and he choked on his salivia.

"It was four feet long before his parent would let me shrink it!"

Everyone except Mr. Weasley roared with laughter. Ophelia clutched her sides, she just wished she was there to see it happen.

"It isn't funny!" Mr. Weasley shouted. "That sort of behaviour seriously undermines wizard-muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons—"

"We didn't give it to him because he's Muggle!" Fred defended.

"We gave it to him because he's a great bullying git," George agreed.

"Isn't he Harry?" Ophelia added.

"Yeah, he is, Mr. Weasley."

"That's not the point!" Mr. Weasley was still pissed. "You wait until I tell your mother—"

"Tell me what?" Mrs. Weasley entered the kitchen, her hands on her hips and eyes narrowed at the twins. "Tell me what, Arthur?"

Mr. Weasley hesitated, and as mad he was at the twins, he hadn't mean to tell their mother, especially knowing the wrath of Molly Weasley. Silence fell over the kitchen, with occasional snickers that Ophelia and the twins couldn't hide. Hermione and Ginny couldn't have picked a better time to enter the room.

"Tell me what, Arthur?" Mrs. Weasley repeated.

"It's nothing, Molly," mumbled Mr. Weasley quietly. "Fred and George just—but I've had words with them—"

"What have they done this time?" Mrs. Weasley's voice raised dangerously.

"Why don't you show Harry where he's sleeping, Ron?" Hermione said nervously.

"He know where he's sleeping...in my room, he slept there last—" Ophelia groaned inwardly at Ron's stupidity.

"We can all go," said Hermione.

"Oh," Ron caught on. "Right."

"Yeah, we'll come too," George said.

"You stay right there!" snarled Mrs. Weasley. Sending an apologetic smile to the twins, and getting a shrug back, Ophelia sneaked out of the kitchen and decided to call Cedric and Luca to let them know what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 3.1K 54
in which phones exist at hogwarts, and sirius black gets added to a group chat with a bunch of unknown numbers. WRONG NUMBER. | MARAUDERS ERA. marl...
133K 3.7K 53
"YOU, WINNIFRED BLACK, ARE EXTRAORDINARY. WITH ONE TEAR, YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE." cedric diggory x fem!oc to fred weasley x fem!oc
223 22 8
❛ hartford, i'm pretty sure you're allergic to responsibility. ❜ ❛ just because i'm not a narc l...
463 23 19
"You would risk your life for this boy?" "I would die for him." Cedric diggory x fem!oc Started-1/16/23 Finished- ?