Taken and Trained ✔️

By LaurenMGranich

Lev was taken from his family in a remote village when he was three years old. Now over four centuries old, h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3 (FINAL)
Sequel

Chapter 24

30.3K 1.1K 39
By LaurenMGranich

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great day :) it's a rainy day here, and usually it inspires me, but I can't find it in me to write today. My ideas will have to wait until tomorrow!

********

"Can we sleep in my mother's room tonight?"

Both Alphas had left the room and Lev was still in his human form. He thought about it for a second.

"Yes," was his simple response.

She smiled gratefully and put her hand on his cheek. She shrieked, then giggled in surprise when Lev shifted under her fingers.

She relaxed and brushed through his fur with her fingers.

"Let's go tell her the news," Lilia whispered. Lev followed closely behind her until they made it to Kate's room.

As soon as they walked into the room Kate dropped what she was doing and opened her arms for Lev. She had been plenty welcoming before they found out about Lev but this was on a completely different level.

Lev passed Lilia and jumped up on the bed. He crawled into her lap and Lilia giggled when Kate's arms wrapped around him. Lev practically melted on her lap and Lilia was surprised he wasn't purring.

"The Council is coming tomorrow," Lilia said gently. Johanna, who had been running her fingers through Lilia's hair froze in her spot.

"I've never met the Council!" Kate gasped excitedly. Johanna smiled at Kate's contagious happiness.

"They have proven that Lev is a Lycan so they want to meet with us before anyone gets word of it. I'm worried, Aunt Johanna. What if it spreads and Alpha Howie finds out? What if Lev's old leader finds out?" Lilia asked worriedly.

"It'll all be figured out with time," Johanna soothed. "I can't believe the Council is coming!"

"I hope they're keeping their travels quiet," Kate murmured. She started scratching underneath Lev's chin and his tail started thumping against the bed. Kate laughed at him.

Lilia was extremely glad Lev and her family got along so well. She was so frightened when she left Alpha Howard's pack but she couldn't imagine how scared her family was, letting her go with some unknown wolf.

"They said they are. I think they understand how important it is to keep his identity private," Lilia murmured. Johanna made a noise of understand and continued brushing her fingers through Lilia's hair.

"Can we sleep here tonight? I have a feeling the next few weeks, maybe months, are going to get busy," Lilia asked her mom.

"Of course! I would love to have you here," Kate smiled. Her hand started scratching Lev's stomach and Lev's leg started trying to scratch it to.

"You're not enjoying that at all, huh Lev?" Lilia's voice seemed to snap Lev out of his happiness. He sat up and scooted away from Kate with a huff.

"No," Kate whined, "Come back!"

"I was just joking, Lev. If you enjoy it, you don't have to stop!" Lilia chuckled. Lev contemplated that for a few moments, then crawled back into Kate's laugh.

That night went by fast. Time always went by fast when Lilia was with her family. That family included Lev now, too, and she couldn't be happier.

In the morning Johanna rushed Lilia around to get ready.

She put her in the nicest dress possible which turned out to be a thin, dark green, knee-length dress that was donated to her through the hand-me-down program in the pack.

Johanna helped Kate dress in one of her older, nicer dresses before they made their way to the same conference room Lilia had been in not too long ago.

The Council was there waiting for them along with both of the Alphas. The Council all stood silently when Lilia and Lev entered the room. Kate and Johanna followed shortly.

"I was under the impression that no one else would know about this, Alpha Blaton," one of the Councilmen said. Johanna stopped wheeling Kate into the room and looked at Lilia hesitantly.

Lev took a step backwards, towards Lilia and her family, and growled as loud as he could. The Council and both Alphas took a step back.

"They're his mate's family, Councilman, which means they are his family too. They go wherever he goes," Alpha Blaton answered. "Stand down, Lev. Everything is alright."

Lev slowly stopped growling but kept his protective stance. One of the Councilwomen waved Kate and Johanna inside, and Lev followed them until they were both seated.

"We've brought our best researcher with us," one of the Councilmen said, motioning behind them. "This is Doctor Richard Nylan."

"My name is Lilia," Lilia introduced after a not-so-subtle glance from Alpha Blaton, "I am Lev's mate. My family is next to me, my mother Kate and Aunt Johanna."

"It is nice to meet you all," one of the Councilmen said, shooting a nervous glance at Lev.

"My name is Councilwoman Longworth," one of the women said, "and with us is Councilman Danheart, Councilman Locan, Councilwoman Freidal, and Councilman Jarold."

"It is nice to meet you, Council," Lilia spoke quietly. Her and her family bowed their head slightly.

"Let's talk about privacy for a moment before we move into the research portion of our visit," Councilman Locan said. The tall, grey-haired man stood—followed by the other Council members—and moved towards Lev.

Lev didn't believe they were a three but didn't like the fact that they were all coming towards him at once.

He waited quietly and was about to take a protective stance when the five Council members knelt in front of him.

"Lycan," Councilman Locan murmured, "we are grateful for your gift from the Moon Goddess. If you need anything, please let us know."

"He does not know of formalities, Council, but I am sure he appreciates the gesture," Alpha Luke spoke for Lev. The wolf simply nodded in agreement and the Council moved back to their seats.

"Our reason of privacy has two parts; one being the "pack" Lev came from, and the other would be the June Pack," Alpha Blaton explained. "Lilia will tell you more."

"The June Pack went to battle with the rogue pack that's been attacking packs and somehow captured their strongest warrior," Lilia motioned to Lev.

"The Alpha tried to force his mating upon me, and the day before he was forcing me to move in with him, he tried to auction Lev off to the highest bidder."

The Council kept their guarded expressions and didn't give anything away.

"I realized Lev was my mate and rushed to stop my Alpha, but it only increased his excitement for the auction. Lev was able to escape, grab me, and leave pack lands. We haven't returned," Lilia finished.

"Do you have evidence of the forced mating?" Councilman Jarold asked.

"Ask anyone in the pack," Lilia murmured, "but I fear if Alpha Howie finds out about any of this that he will come for me."

"Understood. We will send someone to investigate with the utmost secrecy," Councilwoman Freidal said softly, nodding in understanding.

"About Lev's pack—it's the rogue pack that's been attacking packs around the country, and the leader...Roman...is a human, and he's forming this huge army. He was the one who kidnapped Lev four centuries ago," Lilia explained.

"That's impossible," one of the Councilmen chuckled.

"Are you sure he's human?"

"Yes. I'm positive...I don't know how he's done it, but that man is frightening. He's psychotic," Lilia shuddered. Lev whined and licked her hands to bring her out of the memory.

He didn't think he would ever not feel guilty about bringing her there.

"When I got there Lev was completely brainwashed," she said, "he didn't understand anything including me. He didn't understand why he had the mate connection with me because he didn't know what mates were."

Lilia's shaky voice was a clear indication that she was getting sucked back into the memory. Johanna rubbed her back and Lev practically tried to climb on her lap to bring her back.

"Lilia worked with Lev to help him understand what was going on and eventually they escaped, but not without a threat that Roman would return and punish them one day," Alpha Blaton said clearly.

Lilia began to weep quietly. It was the most frightening experience of her life and she was terrified that either Alpha Howie or Roman would make her go back.

"We will figure everything out," Councilwoman Longworth assured Lilia. "You will both be protected."

"Now, let's talk about the research."

********

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 10.3K 57
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
3.4M 116K 58
Colin Byrd searched unsuccessfully for his mate for many years. When he could not find her, his wolf took complete control and he became a rogue. He'...
3.5M 107K 33
"Who are you ?" His voice demanded his tiny fists clenched slightly. Stunned I began to stutter "I-I'm Payne t-he new g-girl" Scared of the boy in f...
50.8K 2.1K 33
"Don't lose hope Isabella, and I won't lose you" **** Ever since her mother died, her father has abused her. She thought she was saved when she met...