Lone Soldier

By ScoutTrooper01

Follow "Ace" on an adventure after the battle of Endor. After Ace's squad mates, "Eights," "Krill," and "Bull... More

Chapter One: The Battle
Chapter Two: Fleeing the Warzone
Chapter Four: The Chase
Chapter Five: The Long Trek
Chapter Six: The Base
Chapter Seven: The Hunt
Chapter Eight: The Escape

Chapter Three: The Thing in the Cave

40 3 0
By ScoutTrooper01

 I slowly turn around. "Ahhhhhh!!!!" I scream. There are two eyes, staring at me from the darkness. I slowly back away, never letting my eyes leave the Creature's. As I leave the cave, I see the creature slowly coming out after me. As it comes out into the light, I see a dog-like, tusked creature. I rack my brains for its name. Suddenly, I remember! It's a gurreck! Then my heart sinks as I realize the gurreck file defined it as "a species of predatory carnivores native to the forest moon of Endor. They had sharp fangs and claws, able to tear a trooper apart limb from limb." I stammered, "Ni-i-ice gurreck." He just growled savagely. I slowly pulled out my blaster and pointed it at him. He tensed. I then realized a blaster would alert the ewoks I was here. I crouched down and grabbed the nearest stick. I figured I could stab it in his eye or something.  When he saw the stick he cocked his head at me. I remembered my brother, who had trained a hound he found to chase sticks. I threw the stick as hard as I could in the opposite direction of were I was going. I then, after seeing him run after the stick, sprinted away. After a minute, I heard him running behind me. Oh man, I was dead meat! I tried to sprint faster, but soon was caught! I felt a heavy body tackle me and knock me to the ground. I tensed, ready to be torn apart, but instead felt a slobbery stick dropped on my helmet. I opened my eyes to see a happy gurreck panting above me. I stood up and started to pet him. I realize I just made a new friend! "I'm gonna call you Z-4, because your faster than my Z-4Z speeder bike," I remarked. We walked together for the rest of the day, and found some shelter for the night. We rested in a small cave, similar to the one I found Z-4 in. That night we heard less Ewok activity, so we must be leaving their territory. "We'll be okay, bud," I whispered before falling into a light sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

843K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...